Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT # 3: Pre-Game Playlist

As stated by @StadiumGambler  the Raptors locker room music is a lottery that is over seen by the captain Cassius Darrow. Often only veteran friends of his win and there is a reason for that. The day of their fifth game of the season, against Anaheim outlaw, Knute Knurtsson won the lottery and got to play some of his tunes.

https://youtu.be/B-RR9wsa12Q (Arne Alligator)

https://youtu.be/Yt5pFV8YoUo (Martin- yeah yeah wow wow) 

https://youtu.be/uE4bMf65CQ0 (fyra bugg och en Coca-Cola) 

https://youtu.be/1jtXsPVqK9w ( Lasse Berghagen- en kväll i juni) 

https://youtu.be/BKCsFB5bPz8 (frost- slå dig fri)

These tunes were not very popular in the locker room an many wondered what was going on. They were so confused and wiedred out that some lost focus on the game completely which eventually resulted in their first regulation loss of the season. So why didn't they just put on some different music? General manager @Good_Ole_Kimmy  Really liked the music and it has been played a couple of times after this game but us now banned in the locker room cause the Raptors have lost every game when Knute have won the lottery.

[Image: knute.jpg]

[Image: image.png]

The Halifax Raider Playlist - Play here!

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

Jerry Mander's Pre-game Playlist

1. No Absolution, by Thy Art is Murder - I like all ... aggressive music. And this song fits that description exactly. It starts and finishes in-your-face and instantly gets my blood pumping. This band released this song as their singer came back from a tough stint in rehab amid personal issues, so it's an interesting tale of redemption embedded in a relentless song about begging for forgiveness.

2. G.O.A.T., by Polyphia - This track is interesting because it's all instrumental, but the guitars and bass seem to be "talking" to each other. When I'm mid warm-up, I find it fun to phase in and out of a song like this that's so incredibly complicated. When I'm not feeling like focusing on anything, I can just sink into the background beat as well.

3. Flourish, by The Contortionist - An older track from this band, but the juxtaposition of heavy/aggressive and smooth bits is what keeps me coming back to this entire album of theirs. The quiet interlude in the middle of this song often forces me to snap out of what I'm doing for a split second. Listening to stuff like this can really improve your focus!

4. The Bad Thing, by Periphery - The intro riff is just so powerful, I can't help but continue going back to this song. If I'm honest it's one of the weaker tracks out of the five that start my playlist, and as the season progresses I'll probably phase this one out. But sometimes there are just a few notes that make me feel a certain thing, and when I'm getting ready to play a tough game I need to hear something like the first 20 seconds of this song.

5. Sassafras, by The Devil Wears Prada - I absolutely loved this album as a kid. It just turned 10 years old recently, which is crazy to think about. This song matches the pace of the first one and has a similar vocal style (at least at first, some clean singing comes in later). It's part nostalgia and part aggression that makes it a perfect song to round out a 20-minute warmup.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 11:02 AM by Alex Mack.)

[Image: PT3.jpg]

1. All I do is Win - DJ Khaled - This song is more or less my theme song and it's about how I make money and people love me. It really gets me pumped.
2. Bleed it out - Linkin Park - This song represents all the sweat and blood that goes into our games and practices.
3. Can't Hold us - Macklemore - This song basically says the arena can't hold us we are too big to be contained!
4. Turn down for what- Lil John- This song gets our fans pumped for the action and drama we bring to the ice.
5. Click Click Boom- Saliva- This song is all about scoring goals and making women cream their panties.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
Everyone on the team loves this. It's a pure classic that gets everyone smiling and moving in their seats. It's got a great drive and ... pumps up the team.

Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin
This is another jam that gets people ready to hit, and put our bodies on the line. Everyone loves it. Lots of head bobbing going on in the lockers.

The Pretender - The Foo Fighters
The locker room likes this, but there are some guys who don't like the intro. I'll admit it's a bit soft, but once that guitar line picks up, everyone's jamming. It generally has to be the first song on our playlist so we can get that intro out of the way.

Bawitdaba - Kid Rock
No one likes Kid Rock, but we all like this song. It's weird. It gets us going, and gets us moshing when we've got our gear on. We get ready to celebrate, we get ready to body people.

Sandstorm - Darude
You thought this wouldn't make the list? Instant classic. This is the last song we listen to so we can come out to it.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

The Crows keep a solid mix to get the boys ready for game day. Of course, music selection is performed by the club's DJ:

#1: Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
The classic Yeezy jam takes the boys back to a simpler time, and gets them focused on simplifying the game and just playing with the basics.

#2: Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
The 2012 Anthem gets the team's confidence up, and makes them feel like they're ready to take on any team that dares to challenge them.

#3 Lose Yourself - Eminem
The iconic Slim Shady tune hypes up the team's energy by reminding them to put their all into each and every game.

#4 Numb - Linkin Park
The hardest song on the list, it puts all the guys on edge and gets them to that extra energy level.

#5 - All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled feat. Ludacris, T-Pain, Rick Ross, & Snoop Dogg
Rounding out the playlist is a reminder of why we're here. We have one objective, and nothing's going to get in the way.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

It's warm up time at the Outlaws Saloon Arena and today the choice of tunes and morning practive schedule has been thrust upon the newest member of the first forward line Collin Gibbles. Gibbles always has his spotify going in his ears during warm-ups and the rest of the team wants some insight into what makes him tick. Unaware of the music trip they are about to embark on the team hits the lockers room.

As the team is suiting up and getting stretched out before hitting the ice an earie silence fills the room.

The team hits the ice to a moment of silence as they take in the sound of skates on ice. Suddenly a rockin' guitar riff hits as the angelic voice of Robert Plant screams out into the empty arena(Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song). The team takes in the primal energy of the 60's rock legends and uses it to fuel their warm-ups. Trying to push themselves in tandem to the songs pace makes quite a few perk up and fly down the ice.

The Team gathers at the blue line to find out what the first drill will be. Gibbles cues the sound guy to start the music as he tells them they will be working on  takeaways and puck possession. The team splits into groups as man's voice slowly starts recounting the terrifying tale of being hunted by Hollywood superstar Shia LaBeouf(Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf - Rob Cantor). The orchestral sound track adds a sense of urgency as the choir adds a gravity to each exchange. The team works hard to keep possession away from each other.

Next up the team divides up for Power Play practice. They hear the unmistakable voice of John Travolta speak all around them. It's automatic...It's systematic...It's hydromatic...Why it's Grease Lightening(Grease Lightening - John Travolta)! A small chuckle overcomes the team as they each try to show off their best 50's moves as they work for an opening on the goalies. Players skating backwards and stick handling to the tune begin to play in ways they normally wouldn't. The upbeat song keeps the team moving around the rink.

Next up on the practice schedule is teamwork drills. Suddenly the speakers start softly with a female voice and light noises before a trippy bass kicks in(Sofi Tucker - Best Friends). The hypnotic patterns and vocals makes it easy for the players to fall into a groove and move in tandem as they work on no look passes and reading their linemates. Players start working on creatively setting each other up and begin filling the net with pucks.

The team is beginning to look exhausted as Gibbles tells them it's the final drill. This one is going to be a bit more fun, he explains as he passes out two strips of cloth and instructs everyone to tie them loosely to the back of their jerseys. Last one with a piece remaining gets to skip doing laps around the rink after practice. A twangy acoustic guitar booms out as a familiar young woman begins singing a catchy pop song(We are Never Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift). Most of the team cracks up laughing as they start moving. Taking advantage Gibbles eliminates 2-3 people before they can catch their breath. The beat pumps across the stadium as slowly the field is whittled down to the last few skaters. As the drill comes to a close the team comes together to thank Gibbles for one of the most unique practices before heading off to laps and finally the showers.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

#1 Guerrilla Radio: Rage Against the Machine - Can't help but get up and jump around to the crunchy tune. Rage has a library of killer pump up songs, but this one certainly takes the cake.
#2 Thunder: ACDC - A classic. There's quite a few ACDC songs I could've gone with but the intro alone on this one is sure to get you in the mood to kick some ass up and down the ice.
#3 Final Countdown: Europe - If you don't get goosebumps during this intro there is something tremendously wrong with you.
#4 Knights of Cydonia: Muse - Not as easy as I would've thought to find a song involving the words 'knight'. Can't go wrong with a little Muse to get gametime ready.
#5 Juke Box Hero: Foreigner - The ultimate white man ballad. This song is sure to pump up any lockerroom and get all the boys singing along.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Sasha Scherbak’s Pre Game Playlist has a very specific order. It starts when he is getting ready to head to the rink, after his nap, with Renegade, by Styx. This hypes him up and gets his blood pumping before he gets to the rink and switches to Cinderella Man, by Eminem, for his pre game warm up on the bike.

While he gets dressed for the game, he listens to Stronger, by Kayne West, and during on ice warmups, at least at home games, he has asked the DJ to play Jeremy, by Pearl Jam.

Finally, between warm ups and skating out for the anthem, he listens to We Are The Champions, by Queen, to remind himself that he is a fucking champion, and to play like one.

[Image: SMJHL-PT-3-MUSIC.png]

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Before the Whalers found their groove and crafted their locker room playlist a player was picked at random to provide the tunes. Eventually one of these selections chose Petr and he wasted no time sharing his masterfully crafted playlist for his teammates.

1.)  Acetone - Mudhoney

2.) Please Do Not Go - Violent Femmes

3.) Parachutes - Pearl Jam

4.) Got Me Wrong - Alice In Chains

5.) Climbing - Meat Puppets

Unfortunately the rest of the playlist was never heard by Petr's teammates as they had finally found a way to turn off the music and shun him for his atrocious musical tastes :P

Although Captain Darrow plays the classic genres in the locker room such as metal, hip-hop etc. The smeb brothers all go to their own corner for their own music. Being from Korea, it's no surprise they blast some K-POP pregame. Parker loves the up-beat K-POP such as blackpink and BOL4, but Chico prefers the slower music like IU. Steve-Craig and Daniel don't really have a say in much, so they pretty much just accept whatever's playing and don't complain.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM0xDI5R50E BBIBBI - IU
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbPAVnqtcs BOL4(볼빨간사춘기) _ Travel(여행)
3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY8VGNft-Zc MINO(송민호) - ‘아낙네 (FIANCÉ)
4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_CFBjAyPWE Red Velvet 레드벨벳 'Bad Boy
5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHNzOHi8sJs BLACKPINK - ‘뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU)

The rest of the team always reacts by snickering at the Smebs dancing to their K-POP in the corner, but they respect their culture and let them do them.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 02:03 AM by jaimeac.)

[img] [/img][Image: AgSegoz.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 02:34 AM by goldenglutes.)

Knights Pre-Game Playlist vs the Outlaws, 2019/01/15

Before every game, every player suggests two songs for the pre-game playlist. Then, the playlist is put on shuffle. Here were the 5 songs that were played before today's game.

1. Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
Suggested by Barry Batsbak. A throwback that makes us think back to the glory days of the Kelowna Knights.

2. The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
This one was suggested by Guy Zheng. Something about it just makes him irrationally angry, and it pumps him up.

3. Kanye West - Mercy
This song was Dick Clapper's choice. Always a team player, Clapper chose a song that would rile up the boys.

4. Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Night
Another song chosen by Guy Zheng ended up being played today. A bit of a lower tempo song to keep the team focused.

5. Sheck Wes - Mo Bamba
Finally, Mo Bamba came on near the end of warmup, and everyone knew who requested it: Dick Clapper. When Zheng asked him why he requested it two games in a row, Clapper said: "It's provocative. It gets the people going."

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 12:53 PM by Citizen of Adraa.)

Normally, the first player to choose a song in the locker room is Andrej Doskocil. Mainly because he knows choices like Pegboard Nerds - Swamp Thing get him stripped of the controls very quickly. Nevertheless, he can enjoy other music aswell. Jimmy Slothface throws in the best song of all time undisputed by anyone Africa by Toto. Then Perry Morgan steps in with another gem of our generation Smash Mouth - All Star, before the entire locker room agrees that the best pre-game songs have to be the songs from NHL 09 (Billy Talent - Turn your back) and (Panic! at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon). Seeing the rising of the dead Raider, I think we shouldn't take this any more seriously anyway :D

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]