Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT # 3: Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 05:13 PM by Lynxfire.)

For today's podcast we're going to be talking about pre-game rituals, specifically what songs get played in the locker rooms of our SMJHL teams before a game. Today's team is the Anchorage Armada. We interview rookie Kalevi Karhunen to see what kind of tunes he hears in the locker room..

"Okay Kalevi, what would you say are the top 5 songs you hear in the locker room before a game?"

"Well we got a couple standards that get played over and over again. The first, since we're obviously an Armada, is "I'm on a Boat" by Lonely Island.  I mean its pretty self-explanatory. We're on a boat, like not literally, but you know, the team. 

The second song we get a lot is "Welcome to the Jungle". Why? We're in Alaska man, its cold up here. The jungle is warm and not cold, it helps us get our minds off the endless nights up here. 

On the theme of long endless winter nights, we also rock to "Enter Sadman by Metallica"... you know, EEEEEEENTEEEEER NIiIGHT. Plus it pumps you up, bonus.

And you know we were listening to "We are the Champions by Queen," which is fucking awesome to listen to when you getting pumped up for a game, and the other day one of the old guys made us watch that old movie Highlander, you know with Connor Mcleod and the immortal dudes who cut off each other's heads because 'there can be only one' and shit, and they had that theme song also by Queen,  Princes of the Universe, so we been rocking that song too lately. Yea bunch of old stuff I guess."

"Thank you Kalevi for that insight. That's all for today"

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

What the fuck is up nerds, we're boutta rumble through the Lethbridge Lions pregame jock jams.

1) Tick Tick Boom - The Hives 

You gotta get the fuckin blood flowing to start. No way around it. Get that energy mounting. Couple Swedish dudes screaming does it for the folks in yellow black and red.

2) Fake ID - Riton and Kah-Lo 

They say a relaxed body is a primed body. This slapper comes on and that goofball DuBolk just starts fucking grooving. Dude knows how to tear up a d floor.

3) EPHWURD - PHUNKY BEATS

YO EPHWURD PLAY THAT SHIT. Room gets fuckin movin again real quick. Nice transition to get a bit of anger movin again real quick. The old timers hate that EDM shit though.

4) Blockbuster Night pt1 - Run The Jewels

Killer Mike and El-P just toss the room into some rage. Dubolk thinks he can just fucking grab aux and tell the press I like Dust in the wind or whatever that shit he said I liked was. Absolute garbage and blatant disrespect.  Mans better have a head on a swivel next scrim boutta test that doofuses 25 fighting.

5) Working Man - Rush

Bunch of blue collar expansion rookies playing in a white collar protected player league. Neil Peart fucking slaps so hard in this song too. Gametime baby let's go.

Dickens Makeout-King
Lethbridge Lion
69th Overall Pick S45 SMJHL Draft
Lover
LW
[Image: Lions.png]

Picturing Love - July Talk
Something about it just gets me hyped up. I love the contrast of their voices and the mood of the song is huge. 

Picked by dangles 
Dancing on the Dark Side - eyebrows of death
Mathias is a bit of a hipster and loves unknown bands in his addition to the list he said "heres a band basically no one knows" and thus we have this beautiful tune to do our sprints to
Holiday in Cambodia - dead kennedys
just some mad on ice hype i love facing breakaways to a hype song like this not as feel good as the rest of our list but thats all moral now we get to the hype songs so why not start hard with some dead kennedys
Another Irish Drinking Song - Da vinici's Notebook
with dangles attepted band on pre drinking to our games some of our boys are always trying to sneak a little pick me up into the locker room before the games so taken as a bad sing along is da vincic's notebook's Another Irish Drinking Song
Lastly we have Billy The Kid - Marty Robbins
Memeing the shit outta the outlaw name we have a tradition of one of the most famous outlaws billy the kid! The rest of the team in the hype gather around our captian as he pretends to strum on his  stick and replacing the name patt garret for the name of the other teams captian as hes our target for the rest of the game who ever hit the other teams C the most gets to help himself to the first drink after the game

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

During the preseason discussion started what should be on our pre-game locker room playlist. Here are five picks from that list and why we chose them.

Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
This one was suggested by me. It reminds us all of the championship years of our organisation and what we are here for to accomplish. Besides that this was a goal song for the Washington Capitals a few years back when they scored 5 goals or more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot
In the locker room we were goofing around what would happen if we wouldn’t win the cup, a riot was mentioned. So as motivation we’re now playing this song to fight against the odds and win the title this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE

Martin Garrix - Animals
This song gets us real pumped up, gets adrenaline going to get us ready for that first puck drop. When I joined the locker room in the pre-season I was quite surprised to see a song from a Dutch DJ on the list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCYcHz2k5x0

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Do I really need to explain this song? We’re with six guys on the ice, but during our home games we have our crowd behind us and we feel like a seven nation army, ready to storm down our opponent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

Rammstein - Ich tu dir weh
A pick by our beloved Karlstraße Scholz. Ich tu dir weh translates to I hurt you. That’s what we want to see on the ice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuEtL7gxoM

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

After getting sick of constant arguements and increasing difficulty keeping Geza away from the stereo in accordance with his restraining order.  Max Brannagan decided to limit the pre-match play list to one song per line grouping... But of course the musical divergence is so real in the Amarda locker room that even the close mates that are line groups have generally failed to agree any song that isn't basically a troll to the locker room which has led to increasing counter trolling and escalation to the point where this is the lastest pre-game playlist of the armada. 

3rd line forwards: pick me up before you Gogo, Wham

3rd pair defence: lean on me, glee class

Goalies:  6 months in a leaky boat, split enz

2nd line forwards: are you lonesome tonight, elivis. 

2nd pair defence: dragostea din tei, ozone

1st line forwards: what's my age again, blink 182

1st pair defence: I want it that way,  backstreet boys. 

Generally by the time the 1st pair's song hits the speakers the locker room is so amp'd from the laughter and banter that there is generally a roaring rendition of the last song in deep chorus from the entire locker room. 
It is said that this might be a significant factor in the intimidating nature of visits to the anchorage arena.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Lee Marshall checking in. To build off what another Scarecrows player said, we're all about switching up the pre game playlist. So, when I'm up, my 5 rotation is as follows:

#1: Soldier - Eminem

This is one of the best pump up songs ever made. I'm a huge Eminem fan, so he makes some more appearances on my list. This song has always really got me pumped up, it just has a way of getting in your head and getting you prepared to go out and play your best.

#2: I Love - Joyner Lucas

This is a bit of an oddball pick, but the chorus of the song is just perfect. Really adds an edge to you mentally, get's you in a "Come at me, I got this" mentality. May be just me though.

#3: Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

Like my fellow rookie goalie Billy Sorokin, I have this in my 5. You know what gets chemistry going right from the get go? The whole team shouting "NOW I AIN'T SAYING SHE A GOLD DIGGER" in unison. Plus, it's a reminder that we all got to be careful, because we're all loaded as fuck.

#4: Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

This is ripped straight from the Barney Stinson Get Psyched Mix. Like the song before it, there's something to be said for having the whole team belting these lyrics out like their lives depended on it. Nothing brings a group closer together than singing like shit at the top of your lungs.

#5: X Gon' Give It To Ya - DMX

Self Explanatory. Songs don't get more hyped than this. Straight out of the gate this motherfucker starts barking, and it's all rise from there. How can you not get hyped listening to this? I get hyped up in my car driving down the 401 in bumper to bumper traffic listening to this. It gets you going no matter where you are. As an added bonus, we ride this momentum straight into the game, as it's the last song on the list.

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]

The playlist is all about to make the team pumped before the game. To get that extra adrenaline and strength even before we step on the ice. People get pumped in different ways so the playlist is quite mixed in genres.

1. Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars we always start with this song as it lifts everyone spirit and makes you want to move. That is what we need, we need to warm up and maybe show off some dance moves and have fun in general right before the game.

2. Shake Ya Talefeather by P.Diddy, Nelly and Murphy Lee when we have boosted our energy with a fun song we continue with something that is still fun but starts taking us into that "cool groove" feeling.

3. Lean Back by Terror Squad ft. Fat Joe now when we are in that groove and we need to get that good aggression into us, that gangsta stuff. This song does it well.

4. Get Back by Ludacris of course we continue the same way, hands up, all aggressive and ready smash someone down to the ice.

5. Where The Hood At? by DMX did you really thought we are done? Naah, by now we are flexing muscles and ready to kick the doors out to get on the ice.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

1. Beasty - A boogie wit da hoodie
2. Going Bad - Meek Mill ft. Drake
3. ZeZe - Kodak Black
4. gun smoke - 21 Savage
5. Drip Too Hard - lil baby, gunna

Anchorage Armada Pre-Game Playlist

1. Lose Yourself - Eminem
2. Nights - Frank Ocean
3. Come A Little Closer - Cage The Elephant
4. Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.
5. Topanga - Trippie Redd

Armada

Waste It On Me (feat. BTS), - Steve Aoki
Lucid Dreams - Juice WRLD
RISE - The Glitch Mob
Rockstar - Post Malone, 21 Savage
Bloodstream - Chainsmokers

The raptors locker room music is mainly controlled by the veterans, because of this most of the Smebs hang out in a corner and listen to their stuff. Daniel doesn't mind either the main music that the veterans play or the crazy wacky stuff the Smebs listen too. But sometimes when he really needs to get in the zone he ignores both groups and just listens to his own thing alone. Depending on his mood before the game he either listens to hype upbeat music to get him pumped up or more slow sad music to calm him down.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

1. Fratellis- Chelsea Dagger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBaxde247Mw

We play this song to give the boys PTSD before the game, that anger and sudden depression makes everyone nice and ready to hit someone. Why do you think I have so many PIMs? I just think of Chicago scoring on Vancouver and that gets me riled up.

2. Katrina and the waves- Walking on Sunshine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

Luke likes to play this song for some reason. Then he goes to the bathroom to do something and comes back really amped up for the game. Who knows what's going on in there but he says it helps him study. Lots of bathroom breaks never seen someone go every 10 minutes.

3. Snoop Dogg Gin and Juice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI3yXg-sX5c

Jack Kennedy always plays this song before we're playing a scrub team, also he tends to fall down for no reason more in those games. Think he's taking the song too literally.

4. Celine Dion- My heart will go on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHG2oizTlpY

Eddie Ask always has this bumping when he's backing me up. Sometimes I see tears. Goalies can be pretty weird, but at least it's not as bad as his other song.

5. Gangsta rap- 100% ***** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBmrHPONt4

Eddie plays this song when he's getting the start. Says it helps amp him up. We always seem to win when he's really feeling the song and singing along.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

1. SICKO MODE - Travis Scott
The beat gets everyone going in the locker room and have to represent the Canadian boy Drake. This is a consensus pick among all of us and is a great pump up song.

2. Careless Whisper - George Michael
Not the usual pump-up song but it is Lion's captain, Monkey D. Luffy, favorite song. He is a gentle and sensitive soul. Other team members can be seen listening to their own playlist when this song is on.

3. Despacito - Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Beiber
This is one of those songs that everyone says they hate but secretly likes. No one knows who selected the song to be in the playlist but no one wants to be the one to remove it.

4. Thank U, Next - Ariana Grande
It has been a tough season for the Lion's being the bottom of the league. We use this song to push through out losses.

5. Bangarang- Skrillex
A playlist can not be complete without a hype EDM song. We take it back to one of the greatest up-tempo songs to get us going right before we leave the locker room and head out on the ice.

[Image: Ri3ORF0.png][Image: mcmasters_sig_2.png]

When Mathias Seger was asked to contribute 5 songs to the locker room play list, he knew he had to add some Swiss music.

1. Eyebrows of Death - Dancing on the Dark Side

This is one of Mathias' favourite bands. Mike Hunt quite liked the song and asked about that group. When Mathias told him that it was a not very well known band, even in Switzerland, Mike called him a hipster.

2. Stadtmusik Zürich - Zürcher Sechseläutenmarsch

Mathias knew that this song wouldn't be all that well received and indeed it was called "too marchy" by his coach. However, there is a special story behind this: When Mathias' junior team back home started a playoff run after a terrible regular season, one of his teammates started playing this march on his trumpet after every win. The team ended up winning the title and so this march brings back very fond memories for Seger.

3. Plüsch - Heimweh

There's not much to say about this song. It's in Swiss German and it's about being home sick. Listening to this song helps with living in a huge metropolis far away from the idyllic Swiss countryside. This song was deemed "too Swiss" by Yoshimitsu McCloud.

4. Eluveitie - De Ruef vo de Bärge

Remembering that this is the team's pre-game play list, Mathias thought, he had to add something a bit more up-beat. Some people in the locker room knew "Call of the mountains" by the most famous Swiss metal band Eluveitie. What they didn't know is that the band can perform this song in all 4 national languages of Switzerland as well as English. This is the Swiss German version. Cody Black said, it reminded him of "Elan" by Nightwish and Derek Bohne complained that it wasn't Alestorm, but overall this song was well received.

5. Enter Shikari - Juggernauts

The last song isn't a Swiss one, but one of Mathias' favourite songs to push himself, which makes it perfect to listen to before a game. Jerry Mander was pleasantly surprised, since he's also a fan of the British Electro/Metal/hip-hop band, although he likes their older stuff better.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 05:34 PM by Sour_Chin_Music.)

[Image: YWn1Pmx.jpg]

[Image: sour_chin_music.gif]

[Image: HoJ50Az.png][Image: bbtqOQr.png]
Gif sig by Gillon
Other sig by ml

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 06:54 PM by Kalakar.)

[Image: svqgis.jpg]