Rank: 3rd (-1)|| Earnings: S17-S44 || Purchase Price: 75 Million

[Image: WKP.png]

West Kendall Platoon: $367.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 2nd (+1) || Earnings: S17-S44 || Purchase Price: 75 Million

[Image: Dragons.png]

Calgary Dragons: $421.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 1st || Earnings: S17-S44 || Purchase Price: 75 Million

Net Worth link -> *HERE*

Using the pattented Franchise Net Worth model and almost 30 seasons of data behind it we have been able to estrapulate the purchases prices of all 14 teams in the SHL!  

Task: Your career is winding down and league ownership is now an area of interest... but this is big business so buyers beware!  What franchise above would you target buying and why? how would you go about purchasing the team? would you buy a profitable franchise, look for a bargain or grab a fix-me-upper? would you sit back and let the team do its thing or do you plan to be a hands on owner? If you look to make changes what would they be... strategical? philosophical? physical? branding? locker room?.. would you look to fire or trade some people? Will you name some stuff after yourself??...  In 150 words or more... talk to us about your journey into league ownership!

Note: **For SMJHL players, feel free to talk about purchasing one of the junior franchises.**

Graphic: The SHL is also taking ownership proposals through graphical presentation. Create a graphical proposal for the purchase one of the teams above. Your presentation should include:

- The Teams logo
- The teams Purchase Price
- 5 bits of info on what your plans are as owner of that team.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, Jan 27 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I would buy the San Francisco Pride because while the team is struggling, it just means there is greater opportunity to improve and get a good return on investment. While the the league is looking to recover $75M on the sale, I would try and hold out for less to extract even more value out of the deal. Like with any overhaul, changes would have to be made throughout the organization to give a fresh start. The first order of business would be to hire a management team I believe could carry the team into the future, as I do not intend to be a micromanaging owner, and from there it would be imperative that we take stock of the players in the organization and see what the focus of player procurement should be. There would likely be a handful of trades and perhaps even another season or two of losing as we put a sustainable master plan in place, but given enough time I would seek to bring a fast-paced offensive team to San Francisco that is the pride of the city's hockey fans.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

placeholder

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

NSFL

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Slip is a sentimental dude. After his career, he would look to buy into whichever team was really his home throughout. If somehow his career ended right now after 2 seasons in the J, he'd go with the Scarecrows. He won the cup there in his rookie season, and was the captain in the second season (cup incoming?).

Since this is a sentimental purchase and not a profit driven move, he wouldn't aggressively make any changes. If anything, it's for the players, so there could be some luxury improvements made to the Locker Room. Something in particular that he dreamed of as a player, a beer fridge that unlocks after every home win. However, that could be a real hazard on back to back games. Since Slip isn't the smartest puck in the bag, he would hold a council with a coach, a captain, and a rookie to hear out the ideas and concerns of the main demographics.

Slip wouldn't directly name any aspect of the team after himself, rather he would hope to earn that kind of honor when retiring from the active ownership duties.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

[Image: LBFpQ0X.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

After David Fantobens finishes up his hall of fame career in the shl, he would purchase both the rage and stampede. After aquiring both teams, move buffalo to Delaware where there is no state sales tax and flip the team for a profit. 

Then rebrand the rage to the new York Zoloft and sell all stadium and team naming rights to Pfizer. 

He would be completely hands off on any organizational duties for two reasons. One, hes lazy. And two, there needs to be a scapegoat for poor performance. 

If things go poorly, he will move the team to Washington dc and get a government bailout for lost profits, liquidate all assests and retire to an island with to extradition to the us. 

If things go well the New York Zoloft will just be a toy to play with. A bragging chip to tell the lady's. Maybe his father will finally be proud of him...

Are you happy dad?!?

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

If I was looking to buy an SHL franchise, I'd be deciding between the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Winnipeg Jets. Hamilton because it's my home town and Winnipeg because I spent over 30 seasons there. In the end I'd probably go with the Jets because of the history I have there and all the moments in my career have been made there.

Once I have bought the team, I would want to review the organization. An interview with the GM to see where he stands would be necessary. If our visions don't match, I'd have to hire someone who does match. I don't want to be a meddling owner, but it's my franchise and I have to believe in the person running the team. Once I hire my choice though, I'm give him reign to build the team his way. No one likes working with someone looking over their shoulder so I'd be in the back working on financing and league dealings. I would also like to refresh the locker room for the team, upgrade their facilities and make sure they have everything they need.

(185 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

I would buy my beloved San Francisco Pride. I played in San Francisco for three years and was drafted by the organization while they were in Portland. While San Francisco has always been considered as a rebuilder, I feel they have the potential to challenge for the Challenge Cup, with a chock full of great prospects like Charlie Scheick, Ray Bork, Goku Muerto, Vince Reaper, and Eero Makinen. I would invest in the team to being in free agents that would boost the team both talent wise and locker room wise. I would also invest in making the team profitable again. This is a team that hasnt made a profit during their existence, and are actually in debt by 8 million dollars. As a former player who loves the club, I would want to make the club profitable by selling out games and making sure that season tickets would always bee a hot get. I would also be a hands-on owner (but not all nosy). I'd want to make sure that everything would be for the best of both the team and the players.
186 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

The motto of buy low and sell high exists for a reason. After purchasing the San Francisco Pride at their worst, and the future being as bright as it is, my plan has already begun. Not much needs to be done to set the team up to succeed since most of the pieces are already in place, just needing tie to develop into the star players they are destined to become. Until they finally become those star players, we'll continue to draft more future talent. This team is still expected to take a few more years before entering their dynasty level potential which will make the value of this franchise go through the roof in profits. As soon as I see the potential is becoming the reality, pieces could then become trade-able assets to for the remaining pieces for championship glory. Of course this could all backfire and you would find me in a van down by the river.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 08:59 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

When its all said and done Mike Izzy will retire as a very rich man.. but probably no where near the 283 million dollar asking price to buy the Seattle Riot, so id look for 1 or 2 partners that are in it strictly for the profit.. members who share my vision and are comfortable with me being the hands on 1 of the ownership group.

First thing i would do is give the franchise a well needed make over. i'd keep the franchise in Seattle but change the name to the 'Seattle Grunge' with a logo that was loud and representative of the scene that they made famous. I know that seattle is known for there teal uniforms but i would probably change them to Brown as the primary color with Orange and off white as the 3 scheme color pattern.

Id keep JSS on as GM because i believe hes a very capable and talented member of the SHL and i believe we would work well together on what the teams methodology, strategy and vision would be. There would reviews on the stadium, the stadium name, the locker room evironment and who we have in key positions within the franchise. there would be a series of implamentations that i would ask to have added to the team (none which i could publicly state in here as some information should remain internal)

Seattle has a long standing fan base who will support there SHL franchise shown by the healthy 283 million dollar value. Right now that amount is no bargain when you consider the ETA for consistant profit, but the team has struggled for so long that major changes would be welcome which would allow us to really redefine the organization into what we believe in.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Because I'm a petty, petty person, I would buy the Halifax Raiders and move them to the United States of America. It's likely when I retire in 15 or so more seasons, they'll still be struggling to tie their skates, much less win any trophies. I view this purchase as a mercy, and truly philanthropy to fix seasons full of errors, messes, and utter sadness for the Maritimes.

Instead, the team would move to any one of several mid-sized Midwestern cities, where I would work with the best staff money can buy to build the game of hockey through the "new Raiders." I would conduct interviews between myself and the existing coaching and front office staff, alongside several senior advisors of mine, to see how the existing leadership aligns to my new vision. More likely than not, I'd give the current coaching staff one more season as an audition before deciding whether to remove and replace them. I would have a brand new logo and branding, and for the first bit I would try to be a very hands-on owner. An exciting team would help bring more excitement for the many community initiatives I'd want to implement to build the game and ingrain hockey in this new community. I haven't selected a name, logo, or branding, but I would try to draw from the local flavor, history and culture to make my decision.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I would personally like to purchase the Hamilton Steelhawks. Why? Because the league having two bald eagles as mascots is a travesty in my oh so humble opinion.
I would walk into the head office, verbal guns a-blazing and demand to become sole owner of the team right then and there. The team is playing mediocre hockey at the moment, so management would definitely be in more of a mindset to give it up. Once the finer details of my fat 75 million dollar transfer have been ironed out, I'd head straight for the locker room, spray paint the mascot suit red and blue and chuck it in a box labelled for West Kendall as 'backup GM outfit'. I'd throw that to my new personal assistant and tell him to post it ultra deluxe express so that it was out of my sight as quick as possible.

I'd immediately fire every single member of the coaching staff and bring in a new outfit straight from Russia, and only Russia. The focus will be on playing 1920's physical hockey with no goal but to injure every single member of the opposite team to the point at which they have to forfeit. Everyone will hate it but my dictatorship will know no bounds. I'd rename the team to the Hamilton Ghost Riders cause skeletons are dope, and have a giant flaming motorcycle installed on the roof of the stadium that is visible for 50 kilometres. I'll also install a crocodile pit underneath the ice for when the refs decide to act like they are blind.

Then all I'd have to do is sit back and watch those sweet cups roll in baby.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Alexis Metzler is not presently in the business of owning hockey teams. He is, however, in business, and earns quite a bit of money from his Metzwaffle empire. If he was to take the combined profits of that enterprise, along with the remaining contract cash, he may eventually have a fair shot at buying the Buffalo Stampede- the only team he'd care enough to buy.

Alexis Metzler would not be messing with the branding or facilities; he'd especially not be enroaching on the GM's turf. If he wanted to do that, he'd just look for a GM job. The goal would be to invest in the Buffalo franchise, to increase the size of the fanbase in general- by investing in the hockey community itself.

He'd do this by building rinks across the north of New York State- in cities like Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, etc, and in other nearby cities without SHL or SMJHL teams; Erie, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Hartford, Ottawa(?), potentially even Philadelphia, with the intention of setting up local leagues and Stampede fan clubs. The profits would be a long term thing, but Buffalo itself is a small town, and the SHL is not a particularly big league yet, on the national scale.

Metzler would have no need to name anything after himself- his name will be on a retired number banner and that'll do.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I’m buying the pride and Doing a full overhaul, starts with the brand, we will leave sanfrancisco as they have proven incapable of supporting an SHL franchise. We will move up north to B.C and give a good hockey culture a team to support. Then we change the name, the Pride doesn’t get anyone hyped. We need to pick a name that fans get excited about and can relate to, not sure what it would be quite yet, but it will be better. For my 75M purchase price, these changes alone will turn a profit. Then I’m hiring former SMJHL GM of the knights, Nour Harrak to build the same dynasty team he did in the Minors, I would be able to let him manage the team without my interference because he is more than competent of icing a winning roster. And that’s what brings fans and makes me money

[Image: nasty.png]