Create Account

S45 PT #4 - League Ownership

If I had to buy one team in the Simulation Hockey League, if would have to be the team that is based in San Fransisco. The reason I would choose to buy the pride is very simple: They are the cheapest team. Getting into the sports ownership market is very very pricey, as we can see with the Calgary Dragons of the Simulation Hockey League. However, just like most things ownership is about making a profit. The advantage to the Pride is that they are on the upswing after having so many seasons in a row with high draft picks. Players like Luke Thomason and Leshaun King are soon to be bonafide studs in the Simulation Hockey League. They will soon be the top dogs of the league and able to carry their team, along with other pieces like Goku Muerto and Xena. Those are the reasons why I would buy the Pride.
(153 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

I would buy the Riot. Being the team that drafted me and let waste half of my career on there is nothing I would rather see than them turning it around. That team has been a mess forever and seems to be constantly starting a rebuild, maybe I'm out of touch recently idk. I would provide them with some stability, however I would be hands off. I'd let the GM do his thing cause any team with a meddling owner turns out badly. What I would provide is someone above the GM that is there to help ease any GM turnover. The Riot's problem has always been that a new GM comes and has a completely different vision than the one before. An owner could provide a bridge between GMs making sure the team has more of an overarching vision. I would leave all the branding as is because it is classic even if it's not the best looking.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Following his retirement as a long-time member of the New England Wolfpack, Jasper Clayton is looking to make the jump into ownership as he makes an offer for the team he played on for a majority of his career. The first thing to be done with the team needs to be working on tweaking the logo - joked about by many as "another bear logo," the Wolfpack have a potentially strong alternate logo that could serve the team well as a basis for a new primary logo. The second thing would need to be naming the team after the city, rather than the region - this isn't the Patriots, it's a little weird to have a team using a moniker many non-sports fan don't fully understand. It could also be time to look at overhauling the locker room, and building a few new wings inspired by the team's three cups in four years. Really play up the history of the team in which they dominated more than anyone believed possible.

And then we send them to Berlin to rebrand them as the Bombers.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Roman Morenov is known around the SHL as a hard hitting, superstar shutting down defensemen with three Challenge Cup championship rings.

He was always a quiet leader on the ice, and help out whoever he could off it. After his winning career was over, he could have returned to Russia to live out his days there, but he made too many connections here, especially in Montreal and then New England.

He didn’t take long after his career to start his ownership search, and ended up the head GM of the Militia in the SMJHL pretty quickly. But it didn’t turn out like his SHL career did, with many championships.

He has since taking a step back and wondered if the GM route was for him, and he has some money saved up, why not take a stab at real ownership, and there would be one team in mind, the New England Wolfpack.

But unlike some other owners around the league, Morenov is a stand back, hire the right people kind of guys, if you hire the right people to do the job, then you should have success, and that’s some big time talk coming from a guy who called the shots in the SMJHL.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Task: Your career is winding down and league ownership is now an area of interest... but this is big business so buyers beware! What franchise above would you target buying and why? how would you go about purchasing the team? would you buy a profitable franchise, look for a bargain or grab a fix-me-upper? would you sit back and let the team do its thing or do you plan to be a hands on owner? If you look to make changes what would they be... strategical? philosophical? physical? branding? locker room?.. would you look to fire or trade some people? Will you name some stuff after yourself??... In 150 words or more... talk to us about your journey into league ownership!

I would buy the Hamilton Steelhawks, they are a storied franchise with a lot of success, they still have a very good team. They just missed the playoffs but I feel like they are close to making it back and could be a playoff team next season and make a run at the challenge cup. Their management staff is dedicated in winning in Hamilton and the current core members are having a lot of fun with their time. I think they could reach the number one spot on this least as they are looking to be contenders for a very long time. They have 9 picks in the first 4 rounds and a strong core of players on their team. The management staff knows how to win and how draft successfully. I feel like they are going to make the enxt step and win a championship. I would keep everyone the same as I would like to think that they know what they are doing. last season was just a one-off.

Luke Thomason got a lot of money from sponsers in the early years. Luke Thomason made good investments, invested in Izzy TV, Slappy Doodle Productions, and started his own venture capital firm. Luke Thomason has a lot of money to spend. When Luke Thomason gets to the end of his career he wants to spend a lot of money to buy a team by himself. He will buy the Manhattan Rage. They are in one of the biggest cities in the world, and is on the verge of being a great team, they just need someone good to lead them. I would buy the Rage and buy the best personnel money can buy. I would keep JayWhy as GM, as I feel that he has done a good job, but make him Fire GeckyGecko as co GM and replace him with someone better. I would dump tons of money into marketing to the NY area and get to soldout arenas and millions of people watching the Rage win a Cup Multiple times before dying. The end

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I would buy the Toronto North Stars, since I'm currently playing for them now and am familiar with the area and staff. Do I have that kind of money lying around under couch cushions? Of course not, but that's not the point. If I were the owner, I'd treat it very similar to how I treat my teams in OOTP. I'd blow up the entire team and tank for 5+ years, getting the 1st round draft pick every year. Then, I'd sign all my young players to cheap, 10+ year deals. Since they've been playing poorly and finishing last the past few seasons, I won't have to pay them very much. The only issue is hoping that the fans will put up with a horrible team in order to win a championship in the future. The fans of Toronto know everything about suffering. They even enjoy it. I think they'd relish the opportunity to be the league's lovable losers.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=57731

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Over the years many terms have been use to describe Manius. One of those terms has been thrifty and being a thrifty player has treat Manius very good over the years. That is why he would look to translate from being a thrifty player to a thrifty owner and that is why Manius would look to acquire the San Francisco Pride. While the current lineup is not winning many games, the young talent on the roster is staggering. It will take some time but this team should grow into a very nice investment. I would basically keep the current structure on the organization as the team seems to be geared toward the future and that is where Manius would like to keep the team focus at least for the short term. Other then trading that scrub King, there would be no major changes to the team. Granted after five years and the team is not progressing, some heads will roll.

Words~160

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

As Michael Boychuk, I've been out of the SHL for awhile, and it's not a difficult decision to purchase a team of my own. I would buy the San Francisco Pride, currently at the bottom of the league with a $75m price point. There is no bargaining on this one, as the league is selling it straight up, and San Francisco has proven itself to not be a capable city to run a team. First thing would be a rebranding and to move the team to Vancouver. Keep the team in the west, and move it up to Canada in a huge hockey market that has proven capable. Sure, Vancouver has an SMJHL team, but the city is very capable of running another top league in it. Take away the Pride name and slap a grizzly bear on the jersey, and the fans will flock to the arena. I would overhaul the whole head office with fresh faces and new goals. As a man with more than a few cups, playing under the very profitable and successful Calgary Dragons franchise for my whole career, I know what it takes to get a franchise to the top of the league. Sell off the veterans for a bright future and start fresh.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

If I was in a position to buy a simulation hockey league franchises up for sale, I would purchase the West Kendall Platoon franchise. This is because right now I currently run the Winnipeg Jets simulation hockey league franchise, and for the past two seasons my franchise the Winnipeg Jets has matched up against the West Kendall Platoon simulation hockey league franchise in the challenge cup finals. As the owner of the West Kendall Platoon simulation hockey league franchise, I would trade all simulation hockey league calibre players for draft picks in future simulation hockey league drafts, leaving a terrible team to compete in the current and upcoming seasons of the simulation hockey league. This would make it a much easier path for the Winnipeg Jets to win the challenge cup now and in the future, as the West Kendall Platoon simulation hockey league franchise has swept them in the finals two seasons ago and played a very hard 6 games in the finals last season.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

There's many things to think about when considering which team to purchase. Choosing between a cheap but god awful team versus a storied franchise is hard enough. However, for my money, the Buffalo Stampede would probably be the best investment. The Stampede are a team that have a lot of the right pieces, and yet their net worth doesn't seem to show it. And with a fairly solid couple of seasons recently, it seems that Buffalo is ready to win a cup.

Maybe one of the only things that I'd do is to try and get all the staff on the same page. That maybe would mean a couple of discussions, perhaps a couple of new hires. Once that happens, I'd let the general manager decide what's the best path moving forward.

As for branding, I believe that Buffalo is a real great city for hockey (they just need a winning team), and the Stampede logos and uniform are some of my favorite in the league. It looks like a winner, We'd just have to actually make it one.

[Image: Geza.gif]

sig credit: ml002, Reynolds 
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] | [Image: B4x6AQm.png]