Create Account

S45 PT #4 - League Ownership
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2019, 02:19 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

The franchise I would be buying would either be the Los Angeles Panthers or the Toronto North Stars. They both are very storied franchises with lots of SHL-history, who are located in strong markets and have competitive rosters right now, so taking that into account I would argue that they are a bit undervalued, and therefore would be the best purchase for someone looking into acquiring a franchise. With my slight current-team bias I will focus on the Los Angeles Panthers for now, but the North Stars (along with the Blizzard, who somewhat fall into the same tier) would be a great purchase as well. Now, a big caveat to this is that the franchise net worth calculations by Izzy only take into account the years after S17, and the Panthers and some other teams like the Blizzard had a ton of success and multiple cups early on, so if the metrics of the list would be different then they probably would rank much higher and wouldn't be as much of a bargain as i think they are. But the Panthers are an easy buy at the moment, as I said above they have a lot of history and a strong market, but also very stable GMing, marketable superstars such as Sophia Bennett as well as up-and-coming prospects. As a new owner you really wouldn't have change much there.

Personally, I think I would put my money on the Edmonton Blizzard and work under the assumption that they are going to see some increase in value if they are ever to take the team they have assembled of star players and win a cup. I think there is some value to be had there if the team can just make the final step, and now is the perfect time to make that move. As for my approach to managing the team, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it and so far the front office seems to be doing most of the right moves to build a strong roster and franchise. It would be a hard sell to really try to switch up too much with how the team is being managed when they are a threat for being the best team in the league the last several years and even threatening to break long-standing records for team statistics. That is exactly what I would want from a team I would own and be a part of.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

I would buy the LA Panthers. I want to live somewhere hot and with lots of fun things to do. I love the Edmonton Blizzard but I have grown up in Alberta my whole life and I am sick of living in this damn cold. If I bought the LA Panthers I would rebrand them. I do like the logo itself but I don't like the name the Panthers. I would make be an awful owner who constantly tries to stick my nose in the GM's business. I would want to trade for all of my favorite players and I force the coach to listen to my line suggestions. Our rebrand would be done with some awesome new jerseys that would sell like crazy and with all my money I would spend games in the box surrounded by lovely women and partying my ass off. We might not find much long term success but we would have some fun years.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

PBE PT

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Following Tatu Makela's playing career, Tatu would look to be in the market to purchase the Buffalo Stampede. He would like to invest as much money as he can into the team and the Buffalo community. Buffalo is a big time hockey town and the potential for greatness is there within the franchise. Tatu has a close relationship with the current general manager and he feels that they would be able to work well together.

"Kekkonen and I have a good relationship, and I think it's extremely important to be able to trust in your GM and his work. I think that with myself running the business side of things, and with Kekks running the hockey operations side, we could work some magic in Buffalo. We have both called this city our home for so long and we want to reward the loyal fans with many years of sustained success. Hopefully we can start on our dream as soon as possible."

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Konig has been on very team friendly deals his entire career so how he would pay for a hockey franchise is beyond me, however, since this is a hypothetical, money is not a thing. Konig is a frugal person nonetheless and would be interested in buying the San Francisco Pride. The Pride have had an interesting history including a move. My goals for the team would be simple, make them profitable. If I am looking at the franchise like a businessman would, making the team profitable would be the number one goal. From what it looks like, the franchise has nowhere to go but up.

One of the easiest ways to turn this boat around would be to get butts in seats. I would lower ticket prices at first and provide very fan-friendly deals on concessions and merchandise. Over time, I will also plan on bringing in hockey savvy experts and try to turn the team around on the ice as well. With the right timing of things, the Pride would be a very profitable organization in no time.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Pretty natural that I would purchase the team I've been the GM for the past 30 seasons so I would buy the LA Panthers and for the good nature of the PT I would re-brand and relocate the organization to, Honolulu, Hawaii. The team would be re-branded to the Hawaii Scorch and the colors would change from Teal, Orange and Black to Dark Green, Orange and White. The logo would feature a tiki figure in front of palm trees and a Hawaiian sun. Scorch is unique name and creative in depicting the hot weather and as well as when a Volcano erupts and lava flows and scorches the earth.

Five Point Plan:
- Buy LA Panthers for $75M
- Relocate to Honolulu, Hawaii
- Rebrand to Hawaii Scorch
- Grow the Hawaiian hockey community (ie: build a youth Jr. Scorch program)
- Introduce a Native derived mascot to create a family and fun environment.

Hawaii Scorch Primary Logo:
[Image: 9WoMhOa.png]

Hawaii Scorch Team Jerseys:
[Image: DlrJxkS.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I'd buy the Calgary Dragons cause fuck any team that has to be located in Calgary, what a miserable existence that has to be.
I don't care about the prize, the amount of bank I've made in buffalo with 10 back to back cups allows me to pretty much do whatever.
The first order of business would be to finalize the relocation that's been on everyone's lips, time to finally move this dead horse to Jakarta.
In Jakarta we can finally use that logo to it's full potential, also it's pretty much an untapped market and the brand would be thriving here.
The first thing you got to do is the establish dominance and show that you're here for the long run, to emulate the great Buffalo era a huge statue of a Buffalo will be erected with a great Finnish banner swiveling besides it. The text below would read "this could be a dragon in Jakarta if you want it to"

RETIRED

Easy choice is to buy the San Francisco Pride. They have a few key rebuild pieces already in place and will start making a name for themselves on the ice. I would take over and tweak things to my liking to insure the upswing. Who wouldn't want to have their name in history say, "Savior of the Pride." Basically the team is on the upswing with new players, but still need a bit of help off the ice. With the right management this team will succeed. I am I crazy about the recent rebrand? Meh, it's better then anything I could ever do. Will I get my money back from this team? Maybe. Only if I can turn them around and cause the upswing to continue. I think the real plan would be to hold onto the team until they are near the top and sell for double, but that may never happen.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

I would buy the Seattle Riot franchise. A franchise that’s currently rebuilding, so it would be an opportunity for me to fix it up a bit. First, I would start by rebranding the logo, jersey, and merchandise. Keep most of the design staff and add a bit more. Then, I would lower the prices of merchandise slightly, while making the upper bowl seats cheaper and the lower bowl seats more expensive. Then, after a good 5-6 years I would consult with the mayor of Seattle, and ask him about a chance to renovate the stadium. After this, I would let it sit for a year or two, to see how things go. If the finances are good, I wouldn’t change anything by much. If after a few months there are some major negatives, I would change some pricing again and spend a bit more on team advertising. Lastly, in the words of Snoop Dogg, “I will [make sure that the players are happy by] add[ing] a dj and a stripper pole in the locker room.”

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

NSHL PT 2

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Quote:Task: Your career is winding down and league ownership is now an area of interest... but this is big business so buyers beware! What franchise above would you target buying and why? how would you go about purchasing the team? would you buy a profitable franchise, look for a bargain or grab a fix-me-upper? would you sit back and let the team do its thing or do you plan to be a hands on owner? If you look to make changes what would they be... strategical? philosophical? physical? branding? locker room?.. would you look to fire or trade some people? Will you name some stuff after yourself??... In 150 words or more... talk to us about your journey into league ownership!

So as a lifelong Wolfpack fan and player, it would only be obvious that I purchase and take over the helm at the New Engladn Wolfpack. A team that has gone through a rebuild and is now waiting for all the pieces to get to their potential and become a powerhouse team once again. My owner style will probably be along the lines of hiring the best of the best to take care of every part of the team. It is not that I do not want to do my part in the team, but I want he people most suitable to run the areas they can the best which in the long run will only help out the team.

Of course being the owner of a franchise like the Wolfpack will bring many responsibilities with it. The people of New England are used to having a team that is a playoff contender year in and out, aswell as one that looks to reach the finals as much as it can, however I feel like I am up to the task and can easily do this.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

[Image: PT.png]

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Buffalo was the team I was drafted by with the first Angello so if I was going to buy a team it would be them to try and take them to being the best team in the league which I know they could have been. I feel partly responsible for the team not being as great as they could have by not reaching my potential so getting to own the team would be cool to gain some redemption in the city. I love the stampede brand but if I was forced to change it I would move to Rochester New York which keeps the team in the state and means that stampede fans wouldn't have to lose their team totally. My history with the team and them being hella cheap to buy means I would take the stampede as an investment but I am real broke so I don't think that's likely at the minute

[Image: b3ZF9kT.png]
KEEGAN ANGELLO - CENTER - #91
Raptors Renegades

i’d hope once retirement comes around i’ll have had a long and successful enough career, on and off the ice, to invest in any of these teams. i think i would have the most interest in ownership of the New England Wolfpack. while i don’t hate the branding in any way i think i would like to change it. i know the franchise has been successful but i think there may be a bit of untapped potential in changing from New England to Boston. love or hate the fans you can’t deny that Boston has a decent following all over the sports world and is a top-tier sport city. i think representing that could make the franchise even more profitable. although i’m not completely sure on a team name i know i’d like to change that as well. we have the Hartfort Wolfpack of the AHL not too far away in CT, which is part of New England, so i’d like to stray from that. likely something derivative of the rich history of the city.

183 words