Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT # 4 - OT6

You love your teammates, but there are so many other awesome players in the league. What if you got to play with them?

Written option: Choose 5 other SMJHL players who are NOT on your team to complete a starting lineup that includes yourself. Use whatever criteria you want and tell us about it and/or how the six of you would get along if you did play together. Must include 150 words.

Graphic option: Make a graphic depicting you + your 5 choices - could be a magazine cover, an All-Star roster announcement, a dream you once had, whatever. Must include at least one render.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S45 SMJHL Rookies (S46 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline 1/28/2019 @ 10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

LW - Fork Spoon                  C - Jack Kennedy                 RW - Nolan Sawchuk

D- Sanyi Kocis                          D- Leopold Lockhart

G- Peter Larson

This is the pure goal scorer lineup. Fork Spoon is a pure sniper, posting a whopping 4g 1a through this season with limited ice time, he is sure to be an offensive dynamo on this line. Jack Kennedy brings silky smooth mitts to the party with his incredible play-making ability. He is third in the league in assists, and is sure to set up the snipers flanking him for an incredible number of goals. On the RW we have another sniper in Nolan Sawchuk. His 21 goals this season are good for second in the SMJHL. He can also pass the puck with a high skill level. With these two players on the ice together, Spoon can just park himself in front of the net and score 40 just with pucks hitting him and going in. On D we have the defensive points leader in Sanyi Kocis. He can shoot, pass, do it all as an offensive defenseman. On the other side we have one of the greatest names in the SMJHL Leopold Lockhart. An absolute sniper from the point, putting 15 in so far this season, again making Spoons job of parking in front of the net easier. In goal, we have the tendy who is 2nd in GAA and SV% Peter Larson. With this many offensive minded players on the ice at one time, we need a tendy who can stand on his head and take care of the defensive zone.

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 01:57 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Steven Moyer-Andy Kerr-Nick Brain

Leopold Lockhart-Dominic Montgomery

Petr Vrana

---

Obviously for a Power Forward like me who prides himself on scoring and the occasional big hit, the priority is two playmaker forwards that set my guy up, and provide some cover in case things go south while we have the puck. Andy Kerr and Steven Moyer are both centers so one will have to play on the wing, but they give me exactly what I want, crisp passes and defensive responsibility. Both are veterans of their team and should go on to successful SHL careers as well. Kerr is placed at Centre because of being slightly better in the faceoff circle.

Defensively you want responsibility in their end, with a little bit of passing ability and security with the puck to complement it. Hard to do much better than Leopold Lockhart and Dominic Montgomery. The two can be counted on for key pokechecks and takeaways, and can get the puck to our forward group with some real ability.

Behind this array of high-end talent we have Petr Vrana in net. There might be better options from a pure shot-stopping standpoint, but I like Vrana's gas tank, he can be counted on for the big 3rd period save to force a faceoff for Kerr to win to get us the puck back.

Overall I think this lineup would work quite well. Obviously my guy would need to step up his game over the next year and a bit to reach their level as players, but its a 1st unit that any SMJHL GM would love to have. I don't know these guys too well from a locker room standpoint, but my GM stands up for the rep of a few of them and thats good enough for me.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 02:29 PM by JamesT.)

Here would be my ideal starting lineup with players that are not apart of my current team the  Militia

LW - Bust                      C - Xena                 RW - James Truong (Myself)

LD - Pierre Laroche-Durocher              RD - Dylan Karlsson

I wanted Bust and Xena from the  Armada  to be my forward linemates as they both have a Defence rating of 80. Defence is a crucial attribute to have as Defence will help lead to creating offensive chances. With these two on my line, i will hopefully pick up their defensive habits and incorporate it into my own play over time. 

I have chosen Pierre Laroche-Durocher from the  Falcons as my first defenseman due to his high defense rating of 83, checking of 75 and skating of 75. He will be what shuts down the opposition from creating offense and is what we need to have successful line. 

The next defenseman i have chosen that i would like to play with is Dylan Karlsson from the  raiders  I see flashes of Erik Karlsson in his game and he is a fellow rookie like myself so we can help each other during our time as a rookie and grow together in the league as well.

My goalie would be Aleister Cain from the  Scarecrows He has part of the S43 draft class and has experience which is a crucial factor that goalies need to have as they are the most important position in hockey. With Cain as our backstop I don't see many pucks going past him and he will continue to evolve and be a better goaltender with time.

There you have it, players that i would like to play with who are not part of the  Militia

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

The 5th Line

Willie Fisterbottom  Militia     -    Samuel Jalopski  Scarecrows     -     Nat Emerson  Falcons
David Vent  Knights    -   Perry Morgan  raiders
Tibuk Soonika  Outlaws

While this lineup may see some players playing beyond their usual positions, rest assured that when your team needs to dial the physicality up a level this is the line you want to roll, I call this the 5th line.

Leading the lineup in the RW position is veteran SMJHL veteran Nat Emerson. Emerson has laid out a recorded 90 hits already this season while still contributing 15 points and has been able to maintain a soild +/- of +11. Slotted into the LW position is Willie Fisterbottom whose name is more of a promise if you try to push around our first lines. Providing a solid 54 hits on the season he can push you around and make you regret it putting up a solid 24 pts so far this season. Rounding out the forward line at Centre is Samuel Jalopski. Samuel was the unlucky soul who lost the coin toss for Centre as none of these players have ever taken a face off. No matter Samuel has shown he is a responsible offensively and defensively while putting up a respectable 75 hits on the season so far. While only anecdotal it has been rumoured that Samuel has head butted players when the refs are dealing with other on ice issues

In the back end we have rookies David Kent and Perry Morgan. David is the vicious defenceman that this team needs having received 74 penalty minutes this season so far his regard of other player’s safety is exactly what attracted him to the 5th line. Perry Morgan currently leads the league in PIM with an outstanding 81 minutes recorded so far he is the envy of the rest of the 5th line. He has even been known to rip of the helmets of opposing players and pretend to drink from it. It can be unsettling and a great distraction against the other team.

Backing it all up is me, Tibuk Soonika. With a piddly 2 PIM I can’t hope to compete with these juggernauts of pain but with a keen eye I can help identify the individuals who need to be disciplined. Tibuk is the eyes and ears of the 5th line.

While everything may seem like the game is going fine watch out for the turning point as the 5th line hops over the boards for a shift...

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM by FuzzSHL.)

Getting the Gang Back Together

@Nerio                                @TnlAstatine                                                                                        

@karlssens                                   @BWIII                    

@Tomasnz     

SMJHL rookies were asked to give their opinions on what other SMJHL players they would want to play with that weren't already on their team. Michael Fox sent us this lineup and a brief explanation below:

Michael Fox: "I could have picked some of the scoring leaders so far - Jack Kennedy from Vancouver or Nickolas Klaus from Kelowna - but honestly, I'd rather go for chemistry, and this lineup would bring just that. We're all rookies who played together for the Lions in the showcase, and I wanted to put [Gordie] Boom in there, but I play with him on the Crows so from what I understood he wasn't an option. Luffy was my roommate during the showcase and we had a blast, I wish I could have lined up with him but it is what it is. Scholzy was always a joy to have around even though we had a hard time understanding him some of the time. Honestly though, it brings back a lot of good memories playing with these guys and hopefully some of us end up together in the SHL.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 04:15 PM by Ask.)

[Image: t3iKUQN.png?1]
@Ason94 @gillon @Durden @MCP_ @DilIsPickle

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Today we are assembling the S45 All Rookie Team's Top Line. This line hopes to showcase the top talents who have taken the SMJHL by storm this season. Scoring, Points, and stats taken into consideration as are of January 21st. The selection process was based on the highest points accrued by each position on the ice which only excluded 1 person in the top 6.

At Right Wing we have Collin Gibbles, hailing from the Anaheim Outlaws. Gibbles is currently tied for 3rd overall in Rookie points and has the most for a Winger.

At Center we have Raino Kyllonen, hailing from the Detroit Falcons. Kyllonen is currently tied for 1st overall in Rookie points and most points for a Forward.

At Left Wing we have Dick Clapper, hailing from the Kelowna Knights. Clapper is currently tied for 5th in Rookie scoring. 

At Right D we have Karlstrabe Scholz, hailing from the Kelowna Knights. Scholz is currently tied for 1st overall in Rookie points and leads all Rookie Defenders.

At Left D we have Guy Zheng, hailing from the Kelowna Knights. Zheng is currently tied for 5th in rookie scoring and second among all defenders.

Finally at Goalie we have Lee Marshall, hailing from the St. Louis Scarecrows. Marshall has had a standout season boasting a .919 Save Percent and a 2.01 Goals Against Average.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Quote:Written option: Choose 5 other SMJHL players who are NOT on your team to complete a starting lineup that includes yourself. Use whatever criteria you want and tell us about it and/or how the six of you would get along if you did play together. Must include 150 words.

Left Wing - Mika Mayfield  Armada @BadWolf  ||  Center - Raino Kyllönen  Falcons  @CKT  ||  Right Wing - Jimmy Slothface  raiders

Defense - Johnny Sins  Armada @LonnyBohonos16  ||  Defense - Anastasia O'Koivu  Raptors @Pris

Goalie - Casimir Stevens  Whalers @Daco

Mika Mayfield was an easy first selection when I was coming up with this lineup.  I feel like Mayfield would get along with this lineup really well based on interactions with her in the SMJHL already.  With her work in the SHL HO and Bank I'm confident she'll bring hard work to this lineup.  Mayfield's 81 scoring and 75 skating would be a perfect scoring focal point of this line.  Next, at center Raino Kyllönen stood out at 10th in points in all SMJHL centers.  Kyllönen is also from Finland so I would love to get to play with Kyllönen to become familiar with a future international teammate.  Raino's 70 in passing and 71 in defense would work well in the middle of the ice with this group.  Johnny Sins and Anastasia O'Koivu both were chosen on defense due to my familiarity with them in the S46 rookie discord.  I found Sins to always be a hilarious addition to any conversation and Sins' over 75 defense to go with his 70 puck handling would help this squad transition on the backend.  O'Koivu is someone that I always found extremely helpful and welcoming in the rookie discord.  O'Koivu has also put up some key points against Halifax this season.  Her 75 defense and impressive 71 strength really would go a long way to rounding out this skating lineup from across the SMJHL.  Last, but not least, Casimir Stevens is in net for this lineup again due to my interactions with him in the rookie discord.  His 81 style control and 80 hand speed would surely backstop this lineup to glory.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

LW - Dick Clapper Knights          C- Donnie Dicks  Falcons        RW - Dickens Makeout-King Lions

D - Willie Fisterbottom  Militia       D - Johnny Sins  Armada

Goalie - Casimir Stevens  Whalers

What you see here is a carefully selected group of players that are capable of putting together championship performances.... off the ice. This is not a group that is built to win games in the arena, but rather after hours in the bars, night clubs or gentlemen's club. Name recognition alone allows these men to command respect the moment they walk into an establishment, immediately sending shivers down the spine of  fathers, husbands and boyfriends everywhere. This phallus oriented group (plus Casimir) puts in hard work long after the games are done, showing that they are able and willing to go into the dirty areas to help secure a win for the team. If the SMJHL were to incorporate a skills competition revolving around STDs, DUIs, and arrest records, this line up would be perennial winners without even showing up. 

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]

PBE Welfare PT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

LW - Olivier Cloutier                C - Kristoffer Svensson              RW - Kristoffer Matsson

LD - Joaquin Rodriguez Herrera                RD - Maximilian Williamson

G - Mike McKorsy

Took a bit of liberty with Matsson and had him reschooled to a RW power foward, I'm sure he doesn't mind. I'm trying to recapture the golden days of the Bighorns chemistry we had going on in the prospect showcase. Cloutier was a one-way ticket to assist heaven, all I had to do was feed the pucks. The first defensive pairing of the Big Horns saw Herrera and Williamson with insane offensive production, and all in all really good chemistry. Back between the pipes I had a bit more difficulty choosing, but McKorsy always seemed like a cool dude and I really think he's done a good job in Halifax considering a bit of a rough season so far for them.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

01-21-2019, 04:11 PMAsk Wrote: [Image: t3iKUQN.png?1]
@Ason94 @gillon @Durden @MCP_ @DilIsPickle

That's a dope ass lineup.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 06:59 PM by TnlAstatine.)

The Rookie Nuts
            Dick Clapper   Knights @5ympathies     -    Monkey D. Luffy   Lions     -     Collin Gibbles   Outlaws @SpartanGibbles  
Guy Zheng  Knights @goldenglutes    -   Karlstraße Scholz  Knights @karlssens
                     G - Peter Larson   Armada @Tomasnz  
            Honorable mention - Raino Kyllonen  Falcons @CKT

Well this made me realize the kelowna knights have a lot of capable rookies on their roster. These guys are all likely going in the first round in the upcoming SHL draft and will likely be stomping for the rest of their stay in the SMJHL. Dick Clapper already has 26 points in his rookie campaign on a high octane offense like the knights. Monkey D. Luffy is definitely a top contender for rookie of the year, only 2 point back of rookie scoring on the worst team with a pitiful offense is nothing to snuff at. Mr. Gibbles is the pass first shoot second playmaker to glue this rookie allstar line together and I think this paring would be nuts together. Scholz the puck moving monster is a stud and is likely going to be a brent burns kind of player so seeing him as an all star rookie isn't a surprise. I thought Guy Zheng would be Scholz D partner but to my surprise he is in the rookie scoring race on his own pairing! Can't go wrong with these defense monsters. Peter Larson. Wow. This ROOKIE goalie is leading the entire junior scene with an impressive 2.36 GAA and 2nd best save % at 0.895. This guy is making a case for himself to go early in the SHL draft and is in a class of his own. Honorable mention to rookie scoring leader (at the moment) Raino Kyllonen. He is in the same role as Luffy but if this wasn't mine he would slot in there for sure for some people (I like luffy a bit more with no biased whatsoever) 

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 07:11 PM by LGRW613.)

Nolan Sawchuk - Nickolas Klaus - Jack Kennedy

Sanyi Kocsis - Tauras Karazija

Lee Marshall
(Tibuk Soonika if I didn't have to pick me)

Nolan Sawchuk  Knights - This is a great pick. Sawchuk is enjoying a super fine season, with 21 goals on 156 shots, which means a monstrous 13.82% shooting percentage. On top of being one of the best finishers in the league, Sawchuk is also 4th on his team in Hits with 51 on the season, which means he's not afraid to play physical.

Nickolas Klaus  Knights - Sawchuk's team mate and Centre extraordinaire, Klaus paces the ENTIRE LEAGUE with 56 points (good for 1st) and 39 assists (good for 1st). He also already has fantastic chemistry with Sawchuk, which plays in my favour here. 

Jack Kennedy  Whalers - Kennedy leads all left wingers with 53, which also places him 2nd in the league. You can kind of see what i'm doing here. The top 3 point scorers in the SMJHL on one line? I'm basically printing money here. I could see these three going OFF together, and I really wish we could see it.

Sanyi Kocsis Knights  - I kind of feel bad picking so many Knights players, but with this many fantastic players scoring, I'm getting the feeling it's their depth and goaltending letting them down. Sanyi paces all defensmen with 44 points and 36 assists. So now, my fictional starting lineup is made up of 3 high scoring forwards, and the best puck moving defensman in the SMJHL. How many goals do you think this team would score? I'm thinking 6 per game.

Tauras Karazija  Whalers - Holy fuck, I'm just starting to realise that I've picked from 2 teams. How the hell aren't they the top 2? Anyways, this pick is pretty simple. Tauras ranks 3rd in points by a defensman, behind Kocis and his teammate Barret McCarthy. The biggest difference between the two? Tauras is rocking a +11, which kind of shows that his team is playing better when he's on the ice.

Lee Marshall  Scarecrows - I have to put myself here, though I honestly wouldn't if I had the choice. I've had a fantastic season so far, with a 0.919 Sv% and a 2.01 GAA. My biggest hit this season is the fact that I've only appeared in 9 games due to the goalie situation in St. Louis (3 fantastic goalie, including the reigning champ of goalies). However, just for fun, I'm going to write about who I would put here

Tibuk Soonika  Outlaws - I recently wrote an article talking about rookie goalies in the SMJHL, and I selected Soonika as the best rookie goalie this season. Since then, nothing has changed for me, though I may get bolder and list him as the BEST GOALIE right now. Through 21 appearances (18 starts), Soonika is still rocking a high save percentage (0.903) and a 2.53 GAA. No other goalie with stats better than Soonika (Lee Marshall  Scarecrows , Aleksandr Aleksandrov Raptors , Justin Willis  raiders ) have played nearly as many games, whereas Soonkia has basically split starting duties in his rookie year. 

I think this team would get along great. Nothing builds chemistry better than absolutely dominating the competition and winning cups. Too bad it's not real! (Though we're all probably better off this way)

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]