Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT # 4 - OT6
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 12:46 AM by soyna87.)

Willy Mack - Derek Bohne - Zach Laliberté

Tauras Karazija - Cassius Darrow

Peter Larson

We go all offense with this line up. We got all big scorers that knows how to fill the net. Let's go see each of them now.

Willy Mack Militia -> 24 goals, 21 assists, totalling 45 points. That guys has a snappy shot and is really opportunist with his shot too, rocking a 19.05% of his shot efficacy. He doesn't shoot often, but when he does, he scores!

Derek Bohne Outlaws -> Who's not better to be the center of a big offensive line than Bhone? He excels on the dot with a 52% winning on the faceoff, and with his 30 assists, we know that he is not a puck hog and loves to pass it around his teammates.

Zach Laliberté  Knights -> Holy fuck, with those guys around me, my stats would EXPLODE. Like, I would just put myself in front of the net and deflects every pucks and scores a few goals per game, easily. 

Tauras Karazija Whalers -> You can't go wrong with a D like him. 16 goals, 26 assists and a +/- of +12. That's a good D right here and a must have in any lineup. He can be good with or without the puck, and that's what amazing about him.

Cassius Darrow Raptors ->The perfect passer for the clutch goal. 33 assists and a +/- of +12. This guy is incredible. His vision is perfect to find the player and you'll know that his pass will connect with the players.

Peter Larson Armada -> What a amazing start for this rookie. First season in the SHJML and he's dominating already. 23W and a GAA of 2.38 for a rookie? Yes please, on my lineup right away. 

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

LW - Commander Shepard, C - Nickolas Klaus , RW - Willie Mack    
LD - Sandi Kocsis , RD - Willie Fisterbottom

G- Petr Vrana

For me much of hockey is having the right balance of players on the ice and trying to roll the lines of the team instead of relying on a top scoring threat line. Assuming my player becomes as elite as these players. A standard 2-3 forecheck preference would be used with pressure at the red line in the neutral zone.

Centering the line is top forward Nickolas Klaus. 6 foot 11, 300 lbs of pure scoring threat. Klaus led the league in assists in the regular season providing a pivot to create plays. The premier scoring threat Willy Mack will play his natural side on the right. Mack had 25 goals worth 18% of Montreal's total goals. Commander Shepard on the left wing prides in trying to be a jack of all trades that can create and/or finish plays when needed.

On defense we have leading offensive d man; Sandi Kocsis. Both Shepard and Kocsis bring a smaller, speedier frame to the line. On the right side is big boy Willy Fisterbottom. Together with Mack and Klaus this line has enough strength to keep up with any line despite the smaller sizes of Kocsis and Shepard. This defensive pairing consists of a more offensive two way defender on the left, and a more defensive two way defender on the right.

I might be making a bit of a homer pick but Petr Vrana has played consistently well for a defensive team that has trouble scoring. For that reason he might play best behind Willie Mack and Fisterbottom.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

LW - Dickens Makeout King  Lions

Cool dude

C - Troy Reynolds  raiders

Also cool dude.

RW - Dick Clapper  Knights

Has a podcast, pretty neat. 

D - Johnny Sins  Armada

Hell of a hog

D - Osbert Whacker 

Sweet name. Climbing rapidly up my power rankings

G - Tibuk Soonika

Also a sweet name

Dickens Makeout-King
Lethbridge Lion
69th Overall Pick S45 SMJHL Draft
Lover
LW
[Image: Lions.png]

Because I am a golden boy of Czech Junior Team, I wanted to reunite the squad to conquer the SMJHL and punish the weak (we are...not doing that? ok I guess). Our synergy, while not proven because the lines haven't played like this in the tournament, should be instant thanks to the shared language. I think though that we would get along just fine if the Czech locker room is anything to go by and honestly I would be really excited for this team. Of course, I was trying to keep the role assignments consistent with everyone, and what might be a bit of a concern is the fact both Doskocil and Vrzala are defensive defensman, nevertheless, I think the raw talent and TPE of this squad should shine through any time needed.

LW - Petr Mikulak Whalers

C - Michael Scarn Raptors 

RW - Konstantin Voloshin Raptors

D - Andrej Doskocil  raiders

D - Bernik Vrzala Whalers

G - Petr Vrana Militia

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

so, i'm going for a chart topping line-up here, mostly since I procrastinated until the regular season was completed.

For offence it was easy as top in each position also topped one of the relevant statistical categories

Nolan Sawchuk ( Knights ) right wing (top goals)

Nickolas Klaus ( Knights ) Center (top assists)

Jack Kennedy ( Whalers ) left wing (top shots)

for defensive pair it was a bit harder as you don't just want the top two points scorers.. but okay.. lets go for the top one..

Sanyi Kocsis ( Knights ) (top Def points)
and..
Stolp Skottson ( Falcons ) (had eight *Star* games - tied for first among defensemen)

and then lastly but not least, me
Peter Larson - Goalie (  Armada ) (top Sav% and Top GA)

LUCKILY there were three players from the same team who already knew each other, otherwise it would have been ego central playing with this group. Can you imagine; "I'm the best" "No, I'm the best" "No, I'm the best"; would have gotten boring fast. Hard to say how effective we would be on the ice, although I think a good strategy to keeping the puck coming my way is actually having a great attacking group like this one would be (attack is the best defence and all that). Kind of wish I had gotten one of the best face-off players in here too, but i guess you can't have everything (miss you Dean Colt the third!)

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Karlstraβe Scholz  Knights - Sanyi Kocsis  Knights  - Aaron Freakin Rome  Outlaws

Jøln DuBølk Lions - Cassius Darrow Raptors 

Peter Larson Armada

You might be asking yourself: "MCP, why is your team full of defensemen?" Simple: Everyone here is in the top 5 in shots blocked, and the goalie with the highest save percentage (and as far as I'm aware, I can do this). Despite the obvious downside that we aren't top goal scorers, we would be blocking shots out the god damn wazoo. I mean, that much defense? We'll wear down that other team to the point where we'll score on the opposing goalie, who by that time is pretty damn cold. 

Now, you might say "Putting a bunch of defensemen on a team won't do you any good" and "wow, what a WHACKY and CRAAAAAAAAZY concept! (jk this sucks)", but to that I say: if a semi-stoppable object met with an unstoppable object, who would win? The unstoppable one, of course! So before you go and rant to me that this comp sucks, good luck getting a puck past the wall.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Being a heavy minus player myself, my starting lineup will consist of other fellow players in a similar situation:

C - Mister McCarty - Anaheim Outlaws (-18)

LW - Mikael Choybuk - Halifax Raiders (-13)

RW - Petr Mikulak - Vancouver Whalers (-21)

D - Donny McMasters - Lethbridge Lions (-13)

D - Guy Zheng - Kelowna Knights (-14)

G - Cedric Robinson - Detroit Falcons

The goal for this lineup is to become an even player. While that will be very difficult and many will doubt us, I believe that we as a group will be able to pull it together. We will be relying heavily on our goalie, Cedric Robinson, in achieving this goal as there will be many defensive lapses based off of our past play. Hopefully with one of the best goalies in the league, he can minimize our mistakes. We have two veterans in McCarty and Choybuk who can hopefully motivate the rest of us rookies in playing a better defensive game.

[Image: Ri3ORF0.png][Image: mcmasters_sig_2.png]

Jerry Mander's Ideal Line

Center: Nickolas Klaus Knights - It's a real no-brainer for people constructing the ultimate lineup that the season's points leader from the center spot should be taking face-offs, right? To boot, he only had 18 PIM and maintained a just-above-league-average 12.99% shooting. I just hope he's a nice guy to be around.

Left Wing: Noah Nowes Whalers - Although his point total is impressive (24G, 29A), it's his lack of physical presence that begs Mander to accompany him. The physical play of Mander would open up the lanes for Klaus and Nowes to feed each other infinite dimes for [mathematically near] infinite goals. That style's just fine with me!

Right Wing: Jerry Mander Outlaws It me

Defense: Kalevi Karhunen Armada - Karhunen is interesting. He has - by far - the highest rating among all Armada players, with a +18. He also has an incredible shooting percentage (25.00%). I don't really need the firepower - I need the discipline that very few PIMs implies, not that much physicality, shot blocking, and that positive rating.

Defense: Cassius Darrow Raptors - Even though the Raptors are complete trash and I like very little about them, Darrow is a clean exception. He is pass-first, which is very rare among defensemen who score as much as he does. On top of that, 63 shot blocks led his team (by FAR) and is good for top 20 in the league. Only 27 hits means I can pick up the physical weight for everybody around me as well, while they score. It's perfect.

Goalie: Petr Vrana Militia - I don't care about who's in goal, honestly, as long as he's cool. Are you cool, Petr?

And that's my line! We gon' score a LOT. Smile

David Fantobens Falcons - Nickolas Klaus Knights - Petr Mikulak Whalers  
Sanyi Kocsis Knights - Andrej Doskočil raiders
Petr Vrana Militia

David Fantobens was chosen due to his high number of shots, short handed goals, plus/minus, and game winning goals. These stats tell the tale of a play that can play in clutch situations but also help you come out on top as well.
Nickolas Klaus also brings a lot to the table as he leads the league in assists and points while also putting up a nice share of goals.
Petr Mikulak is definitely the worst player on this line and probably the worst in the lineup, however I am very much stuck with him as he is my player. In this lineup I feel he could succeed but who couldn't.
Sanyi Kocsis is the exact type of guy everyone wants in a defenseman: High minutes, high shots blocked, and high assists and points.
Andrej Doskočil is there to cover up any last defensive mistakes and allow to rep one of my Czech boys, the glue of this operation.
Petr Vrana is an excellent goalie and another good Czech player, and he would make the most excellent backstop to this amazing team.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 05:07 PM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

Big Fudge loves Kelowna, this is known. He's been happy since being drafted there and they've treated him with respect. However, there are players not on the team that the Fudgey one himself wishes he could play with.

C - Daniel Smeb

A good natured guy, Smeb has a wonderful last name, combine that with the fact he's an excellent playmaker with a FANTASTIC understanding of the defensive end makes Smeb a quality pick to center this team.

RW - Tyler Touregard takes the right wing position, the double T himself brings wet and dry t's for the squad. He's a sniper so he'll fit in with Smeb and offense is a requirement to win.

LW - Andreas Kvalheim as the left winger is an excellent player. The first non-rookie on the squad so far, he'll be bringing veteran leadership as well as a calming presence. A very strongly balanced player, he's good defensively but also has a great offensive touch as well.

D - Big Fudge is me, I'm on the team by default, deal with it.

D - Chico Smeb is a towering, intimidating man at 6'8''. The Korean skates very smoothly for a man of his height and has an excellent two way game. Fudge and Smeb should shut down any line in the league.

G - Edwin Ask Jr son of Hall of Famer Edwin Ask is both a character individual and an incredible talent. He's shown an impressive potential this season and I look forward to watching him dominate for years to come.

Yuri Ushakov rarely socializes with his fellow SMJHL players outside of the Raptors locker room with the notable exception being the other goalies in his draft class. So when asked to name his dream lineup composed of players from other teams, his answer was unconventional to say the least.

C - Patrice Nadeau Lions
With 6 points (2 goals and 4 assists) on the year, the Lions starting goalie is the obvious choice to lead the forward group in this lineup.
LW - Mike McKorsy raiders
McKorsy is arguably the best skater among the S46 class’s group of goalies. He adds a bit a speed to this forward group.
RW - Mike Hunt Outlaws
With 3 shutouts and a perfect record against penalty shots, Hunt knows how to perform in clutch moments. Whether that would translate to performance at Right Wing is another question.
LD - Casimir Stevens Whalers
Having made history by becoming the first goalie in SMJHL history to attempt to stab a referee with his skate Stevens is clearly the enforcer for this team.
RD - Peter Larson Armada
The league leader in SV% and GAA would probably be the goalie if that position wasn’t already spoken for, but as it is his abilities in net plus his skating capability makes him a great choice to play opposite Stevens.
G - Yuri Ushakov Raptors
Behind such a capable and interesting group of skaters is none other than the Dinaburg Fortress himself, Yuri Ushakov.

[Image: Ushakov.png]

C - Daniel Smeb
W - Kit Smeb
W - Nicolas Fleming
D - Guy Zheng
D - Big Fudge
G - Eddy Ask Jr

We'd start this team off with Daniel Smeb since I have to be here even though I really shouldn't be. So because of that I'd first bring along Kit Smeb not just cause he's family but so that I wouldn't be the worst player on the team. Next would be Nicolas Fleming who's a great all around player that should compliment the play making of Daniel and Scoring of Kit, it'll be on him to carry the offense. On defense we have Guy Zheng who was one of the top rookie defensmen this season as is very talented offensively. His partner on the blue line would be Big Fudge a good all around D that should compliment him well and has a great name like Big Fudge, plus they were on the same team so maybe they have some built in synergy. Lastly in net we have Eddy Ask Jr, a rookie goaltender who did not get many starts as he was the backup but was solid when he did play and I think has a lot of potential.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

F Willy Mack — Nickolas Klaus — Nolan Sawchuk
D Egor Kucherov (me) — Sanyi Kocsis
G Peter Larson

So what have we got here? We have got a very dangerous offensive line — Klaus and Sawchuk are league leaders in points in the regular season with 69 and 62 respectively, both of them played a major role in helping the Knights become one of the best teams in the league. Moreover, Sawchuk leads the league in goals with 27. Willy Mack was the leader and one of the best players (if not the best) of the Militia this season. To be honest, I would pick Jack Kennedy over him but I can't because he is my teammate.

Sanyi Kocsis is an offensive defenseman who outscored almost every forward this season and is a great addition to an already dangerous lineup. I'm a shutdown defenseman and my role he would be not letting the defensive part of our game completely fall apart, it's very important when offensive-minded players prevail in the lineup.

Peter Larson, in my opinion, is one of the best goaltenders of this season and a Tom Corcoran Trophy candidate, second best in GAA and SV%, so this wall in the net would be extremely helpful.

Bernik Vrzala Vancouver whalers
Right handed defensive defenseman, Czech republic.

Nikolai Evans Montreal Militia 
Left shot offensive defenseman, Russia. 

Kit Smeb Detroit Falcons 
Left shot sniping winger, Korea. 

Liam Hutchinson Kelowna Knights
Right shot power forward, Canada. 

Knute Knurtsson Colorado Raptors 
Right shot two-way center, Sweden.

Mike McKorsy Halifax Raiders
Right handed hybrid goalie, Germany. 

We have a very interesting mix of people and nationalitys with all six coming from different countries. All are hard workers on the ice with good defensive play and a speedy offense with high skill and hard hits. We have a good selection of different player typed that will complement each other on the ice we have the small 5ft 7in korean speedster in kit Smeb and then we have the big boy in power forward Liam Hutchinson at 6ft 4in. Then we have the defensive pairing with Evans and Vrzala where Evans is the one taking command in the offensive zone and Vrzala reading the play being ready to cover in the defensive zone. In the net we have the great germna goalie Mike McKorsy stoping what ever pucks the skaters lets through. This is a very balanced squad that can play in all situations and have the potential to come out on top.

[Image: knute.jpg]

It's not every day you get to make an allstar team out of almost any SMJHL player, and today still isn't that day! No sir, today we are looking for grit, we are looking for heart, we are looking for...INTANGIBLES. Let's take a look at the 5 lucky players that will make up this rough-and-tough lineup.

Starting on defense will be 2 players that aready play together in Detroit. They combined for 224 hits and 167 penalty minutes, which is top 10 in both categories in the entire league. These 2 only play together a little bit on the 4th pairing in detroit, but you bet your butt they'll be playing a full 60 here.

On to the forwards now! First and foremost we have Willie Fisterbottom! Fisterbottom's eagerness and willingness to get into scraps is the number one reason he will be in the starting lineup. he participated in 3 fights this season and had an impressive 71 pim. I am also curious as to if he will fist her bottom or not.

next up is Lillie Jacobs of the Colorado Raptors! Currently sitting at 2nd in the entire league in hits at 135, it'sa a no brainer why we'd want Jacobs on the squad. She hits....a lot. need I say more?

Last up is...wait am i reading that right..urg, Rain...bow...Dash? It's hard to say that name while trying to keep a straight face, but here we are. Dash leads the league in hits and is no laughing matter. Everything about him is the definition of tough...except for the name of course.