Create Account

We need a new grading metric
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 01:17 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Hi all,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwiRv31KfM4

My recent submission of the Calgary Dragons official video doesnt fall within any grading metric we currently have.. there are no words counts for media, there are no pictures to grade for graphics. its video editing and its completley new to the SHL and we need to come up with a grading criteria for it cause under the current grading metric this video falls to graphics which when they looked at it gave it a solid 9/10 grade... which came out to 900K.    Undecided

I dont know how much a video like this deserves to get... but im very comfortable saying that 900K isnt it. that amount would stop anyone from trying to do something new or unique for the league.

I know our media and graphic departments hands are tied with the current grading metrics on something like this...so i throw this up here as a suggestion in hopes to create a new metric as the league evolves and the flow of new additions are seen as welcome.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Something that's come up several times before with unique media creations such as magazines and videos. Disappointing that it's still an issue, but I also believe we've got the right people in place to figure something out this time.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I agree, considering I do a tribute video every season and I have no idea what that is worth. I don't need the money but me doing it does beg the question.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

#justice4Izzy

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-23-2019, 12:10 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: me doing it does beg the question.

I'm sorry, but Izzy doing it and raising the question begs the question.

This is something the grading team will totally handle. Dunno if hashtags are needed just yet. Tongue

01-23-2019, 12:14 AMGCool Wrote:
01-23-2019, 12:10 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: me doing it does beg the question.

I'm sorry, but Izzy doing it and raising the question begs the question.

[Image: 330px-David_Wallace_%28The_Office%29.jpg]

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

i agree that media should go beyond words and graphics, and unique ideas should have their own rubric

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I agree, can we go back in time and regrade all that stuff - I did video as my first graphics task and the grade I got was equivalent of two decent graphics, while time spent wasn't comparable at all. Really successfully deterred me from doing that ever again. Wouldn't it be solved by simply giving more bonus ramifications for both media and graphics graders eg.:
For videos delete time requirement and instead:
+100k-6M depending on the video length, quality, effects
For media articles going beyond the scope of 200% possible bonus just increase it to 400/500% in case of top-notch quality stuff that deserves it - pdf form of real-life magazines with quality graphics and design seems to fit the bill.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Why don't we adapt the VHL standard? -2 for every wrong grammar and spelling.

01-23-2019, 05:13 AMtheshlsucks Wrote: Why don't we adapt the VHL standard? -2 for every wrong grammar and spelling.

Adopt*

Not writing out a number with which you've started a sentence*

Improper usage of grammar and spelling as nouns*

Having some of the league elders in here to figure out who and how we can do this at the onset of a new type of league media may be helpful. welcome league elders!

@Eggy216, @TheDangaZone, @JKortesi81, @adamantium, @FlappyGiraffe, @Lazyeye

Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'll talk to @CFJ and see what we can do about it.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

If it were up to me, the grading scale would include time, professionalism, and effort. Sort of how the VHL does their sig grading

Idk who came up with the graphics video grading, but it seems somewhat insulting for videos to be on the same level as sigs in terms of payout

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

01-23-2019, 09:26 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Having some of the league elders in here to figure out who and how we can do this at the onset of a new type of league media may be helpful. welcome league elders!

You hear that, @FlappyGiraffe? We're elders!

Izzy, we definitely hear you and we're absolutely talking about this. Stuff like this takes a crazy amount of effort and trying to grade it with the current system that we've got just isn't going to cut it.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

01-23-2019, 03:13 PMadamantium Wrote:
01-23-2019, 09:26 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Having some of the league elders in here to figure out who and how we can do this at the onset of a new type of league media may be helpful. welcome league elders!

You hear that, @FlappyGiraffe? We're elders!

Izzy, we definitely hear you and we're absolutely talking about this. Stuff like this takes a crazy amount of effort and trying to grade it with the current system that we've got just isn't going to cut it.

Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria