Create Account

COL Punishment

01-23-2019, 10:57 AMGCool Wrote:
01-23-2019, 10:54 AMgrok Wrote: Whether it was intentional or not, COL's inaction gave them an unfair competitive advantage. I'm confident COL would not have been punished if they would have appropriately corrected the audited player in a timely manner.

Well he was approved 10/12/18, and the error was spotted 01/13/19; that's 93 days.

So I'd say they have til April 16th to respond.

I appreciate all your input. I will look into the possibility he got approved too early. The bottom line is the punishment isn’t that he was over, it’s that it was fixed when noticed.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

01-23-2019, 10:54 AMGCool Wrote:
01-23-2019, 10:50 AM.bojo Wrote: The updater did point out the error, and either the player or the gm could have made the fix. But it was fixed until today, as the last two posts in the update thread show.

But is it really incite's fault? Debatable, but I'd lean towards no since his updates were correct. Probably more the GM's fault. Idk it's tricky.

While it is an issue that the updater pointed it out on like the 13th and the GM didn't post there for a whole week, this issue has existed since the player was created. Updaters are supposed to audit their teams once a season (I'm going from S25 rules when I was updating still). That means whoever approved the player missed it, and whoever audited Colorado at the end of S44 also missed it.

So yeah, my main point is everything was correct from what Incite and the GMs could see -- until it suddenly wasn't. If you backtrack through each update, it's not obvious that a mistake was made. If the updaters were diligent up front, this would have been a non-issue. That's why I don't think they should be punished at all.

Also it's FOUR TPE my goodness
This is definitely an issue. Head updater now does cap check but I was informed (around the 10th) that he never did them. Hopefully this can change next season.

01-23-2019, 11:01 AM.bojo Wrote: How did you reach out to incite and Alaska? I know sometimes people don't know when they've been tagged, like if it was just through the update thread. If you reached out directly I'd understand why this was punished.

Alaska was fully aware of the situation. And incite is inactive atm.

I hope I’ve answered everyones questions, comments, and concerns to this point. Also am going to point out - I’m not and updater.
Thank guys, I want to keep this transparency on why we decided to do this.

01-23-2019, 11:34 AMBadWolf Wrote:
01-23-2019, 11:01 AM.bojo Wrote: How did you reach out to incite and Alaska? I know sometimes people don't know when they've been tagged, like if it was just through the update thread. If you reached out directly I'd understand why this was punished.

Alaska was fully aware of the situation. And incite is inactive atm.

Does that mean somebody messaged him and he responded?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

01-23-2019, 11:38 AM.bojo Wrote:
01-23-2019, 11:34 AMBadWolf Wrote: Alaska was fully aware of the situation. And incite is inactive atm.

Does that mean somebody messaged him and he responded?

He was tagged in the post and I told him on discord that I tagged him. He told us he has been fully aware of the situation.

01-23-2019, 12:02 PMBadWolf Wrote:
01-23-2019, 11:38 AM.bojo Wrote: Does that mean somebody messaged him and he responded?

He was tagged in the post and I told him on discord that I tagged him. He told us he has been fully aware of the situation.

ok then yeah fair game.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

remember children
THIS. SHIT. HAPPENED. TO. ME.
although in my case it was much more severe (like 50 TPE over). This is still a serious issue, and if it’s an updater issue more than a player issue, the updater shouldn’t get off lightly. This should also serve as a warning to the player as well.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-23-2019, 12:37 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: remember children
although in my case it was much more severe (like 50 TPE over). This is still a serious issue, and if it’s an updater issue more than a player issue, the updater shouldn’t get off lightly. This should also serve as a warning to the player as well.

We used your case as an example of how to handle this one

50 TPE over = 6 game suspension (iirc?)
4 TPE over = 3-4 game suspension + playoff series (which is basically 2-for-1)?

Yikes.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 02:49 PM by Segi. Edit Reason: played not player )

01-23-2019, 02:07 PMCampinKiller Wrote: 50 TPE over = 6 game suspension (iirc?)

Yikes.

It was 40 TPE over and he was played for 9 games. The suspension was 7 games.
Now we just have 4 TPE over but the player played for over 40 games this season plus the mistake wasn't corrected after being pointed out.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

01-23-2019, 10:00 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
01-23-2019, 01:31 AMSlashACM Wrote: WhAt AbOuT uPdAtErS

Not hard to not go over the cap.

Aren't the updaters supposed to be a last chance thing to make sure this doesn't happen? Or are they just paid to update the player page and say "Cheers Smile" like robots every time?

Not hard to not go over the cap, but apparently very hard to do your job

Updaters do upwards of 30 players or more per weekend, players only update themselves. The burden should be on the player to check themselves or get punished

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-23-2019, 12:50 PMBadWolf Wrote:
01-23-2019, 12:37 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: remember children

We used your case as an example of how to handle this one

wow I’m a precedent
feelsgoodman

01-23-2019, 02:27 PMSegi Wrote:
01-23-2019, 02:07 PMCampinKiller Wrote: 50 TPE over = 6 game suspension (iirc?)

Yikes.

It was 40 TPE over and he was player for 9 games. The suspension was 7 games.
Now we just have 4 TPE over but the player played for over 40 games this season plus the mistake wasn't corrected after being pointed out.

the suspension is at least 7. That’s a fair one considering the amount of time I got suspended for my transgression.

01-23-2019, 02:37 PMSlashACM Wrote: The burden should be on the player to check themselves or get punished

What's really funny about you commenting this is that you approved/updated the first post - which is really all you need to look at to understand that Incite was updating correctly while operating under the assumption that he created with 155 TPE. He made no mistakes.