Create Account

COL Punishment

would the updaters find it useful if i like wrote up a thingy that would use the attributes from the sim to see how much tpe has been used? and then updaters can check if that number is less than or equal to the TPE? Only downside is it wouldn't take the current update into account as it would need to wait for the sim to update.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

We're not going to place the blame solely on any updater or player, the recent audits have shown that a large number people have small errors in their updates like this. In a perfect world there would no mistakes however it's understandable that with the amount of updates that happen small errors will be missed. While this was only a small amount over the cap, the fact that there was no attempt to fix this by either the player or the GMs is a major factor in our decision.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

01-23-2019, 02:45 PM.bojo Wrote: would the updaters find it useful if i like wrote up a thingy that would use the attributes from the sim to see how much tpe has been used? and then updaters can check if that number is less than or equal to the TPE? Only downside is it wouldn't take the current update into account as it would need to wait for the sim to update.

Pretty sure that's what they have with the current spreadsheet and is the reason all these audits are currently happening

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

01-23-2019, 02:52 PMNobody Wrote: Pretty sure that's what they have with the current spreadsheet and is the reason all these audits are currently happening

Nobody asked you!

... oh

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

01-23-2019, 02:44 PMGCool Wrote:
01-23-2019, 02:37 PMSlashACM Wrote: The burden should be on the player to check themselves or get punished

What's really funny about you commenting this is that you approved/updated the first post - which is really all you need to look at to understand that Incite was updating correctly while operating under the assumption that he created with 155 TPE. He made no mistakes.

If he didn't have his initial 155 tpe correct that's something that HO checks before they approve

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-23-2019, 02:56 PMSlashACM Wrote:
01-23-2019, 02:44 PMGCool Wrote: What's really funny about you commenting this is that you approved/updated the first post - which is really all you need to look at to understand that Incite was updating correctly while operating under the assumption that he created with 155 TPE. He made no mistakes.

If he didn't have his initial 155 tpe correct that's something that HO checks before they approve

You're right. But the player should be able to rely on that initial check, no? He had no reason to check until months later when he was told he was 4 over - even after hitting the cap, which should really be a mandatory audit by an updater right there.

I don't know you at all so I'm legitimately trying to ask. Looks like you're just throwing the blame juuust past you and juggling it between the players and head office. Risky business.

01-23-2019, 10:54 AMGCool Wrote: While it is an issue that the updater pointed it out on like the 13th and the GM didn't post there for a whole week, this issue has existed since the player was created. Updaters are supposed to audit their teams once a season (I'm going from S25 rules when I was updating still). That means whoever approved the player missed it, and whoever audited Colorado at the end of S44 also missed it.

every time someone says something about updating, i realize that apparently i had no idea what i was doing when i was an updater

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

01-23-2019, 03:18 PMadamantium Wrote:
01-23-2019, 10:54 AMGCool Wrote: While it is an issue that the updater pointed it out on like the 13th and the GM didn't post there for a whole week, this issue has existed since the player was created. Updaters are supposed to audit their teams once a season (I'm going from S25 rules when I was updating still). That means whoever approved the player missed it, and whoever audited Colorado at the end of S44 also missed it.

every time someone says something about updating, i realize that apparently i had no idea what i was doing when i was an updater

In your defense, we did something that season because of the large influx of people and the expansions / greater emphasis put on regression being done correctly. As far as I know it wasn't a bona fide rule. Certainly, though, if you had a ton of people hitting the cap (like I did updating HAL one year) it was important to get that shit straightened out.

Whoops sorry for being human

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

only stupid people play this game

01-23-2019, 03:55 PMformx Wrote: only stupid people play this game

[Image: 2pc7kka.jpg]

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

01-23-2019, 03:58 PMDanbyRem Wrote:
01-23-2019, 03:55 PMformx Wrote: only stupid people play this game

[Image: 2pc7kka.jpg]

ya

01-23-2019, 03:01 PMGCool Wrote:
01-23-2019, 02:56 PMSlashACM Wrote: If he didn't have his initial 155 tpe correct that's something that HO checks before they approve

You're right. But the player should be able to rely on that initial check, no? He had no reason to check until months later when he was told he was 4 over - even after hitting the cap, which should really be a mandatory audit by an updater right there.

I don't know you at all so I'm legitimately trying to ask. Looks like you're just throwing the blame juuust past you and juggling it between the players and head office. Risky business.

That is actually a good idea about audits once they cap, I dont believe they are currently doing that but I am not positive.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Don't drag @hhh81 into your shit.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

01-23-2019, 03:50 PMDanbyRem Wrote: Whoops sorry for being human

My favorite human, though.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]