Create Account

S46 New Orleans Specters Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 09:27 PM by JKortesi81.)

Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the SHL Universe, welcome to the FIRST EVER IP Thread for the New Orleans Specters!!

I can not believe after all of this time in the league, I was granted the ability to bring the Specters to life!

So, i have a very important question for you rookies:

WHO WANTS TO BE A SPECTER?

What I'm looking for are dedicated individuals who don't mind playing for an expansion team. Players that are interested in coming aboard and not just joining a team that has its own culture, but actually being a part of CREATING a team culture. Every single record in New Orleans history is up for grabs. I can't guarantee immediate success, but if my time in St. Louis has shown, I will work my ass off to get us to the promised land. The purple and black attack will become one of the most sought after places to play in the SHL in no time, and it'll happen with YOUR help.

So please, if you're interested, fill out the fun IP thread below!

Hope to see you in a Specters jersey ASAP!  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters  Specters

Username:
Discord:
Player Name:
Position:
Player Strengths:
Player Weakness:

How do you feel about the New Orleans Specters branding?:

How important is the locker room atmosphere to you?

Are you willing to help build that atmosphere to be a place everyone wants to be?

Are you okay with coming to an expansion team, understanding that there may be bumps in the road on the way to winning?

Do you need to win right away?

Team success or personal stats?

What's your current favorite song?

How long do you want to play in the SMJHL?

Would you be interested in potentially joining the Specters "inner circle" on personnel decisions, including giving thoughts on trades, and scouting for future drafts?

Who's better? Joe K or TDZ ( @TheDangaZone ) ?

Give me a bit more as to why i should draft you.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 10:00 PM by vbottas17.)

Username: vbottas17
Discord: bilbobottas
Player Name: Thomas Bathory
Position: D
Player Strengths: Puck Handling, Passing, Defense
Player Weakness: Checking

Looks good

Needs to have JT3

Are you willing to help build that atmosphere to be a place everyone wants to be? 

I try!

Are you okay with coming to an expansion team, understanding that there may be bumps in the road on the way to winning?

I'll try.

I need to win a championship at some point.

Team field trips

Doctor Doctor - UFO (for the next 5 minutes)

If Halifax then as long as I can!

Would you be interested in potentially joining the Specters "inner circle" on personnel decisions, including giving thoughts on trades, and scouting for future drafts? 

Sounds scary.

Who's better? Joe K or TDZ ( @TheDangaZone ) ? 

BadWolf

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Username: MCP_
Discord: MCP#1914
Player Name: Jøln DuBølk
Player Strengths: Defense, Strength, Skating
Player Weakness: Scoring

How do you feel about the New Orleans Specters branding?

I really enjoy the color scheme! "Specters" is definitely a good name for the team.

Really important. This really became an important factor now that I've had a taste of LR culture.

I mean, why wouldn't I?

Oh yeah. I was drafted into an expansion team this season, so I'm cool with it.

Nah. The sooner the better though lol.

Bit of both, but team success more. I need cups for my cabinet!

Still Feel - Half Alive

Probably another season to get a higher TPE count. If I need to be here next season... I'll be here!

Sure! It's always fun to get involved with the team on stuff like this.

I don't believe I know the both of you. Come back to me in a year if y'all draft me!

- I've been very active with TPE and such (do all the activity checks, training, PT's, etc.)
- Overall a chill guy that likes to talk in the locker room: like dank memes and such.
- I probably live a lot closer to New Orleans than a lot of people here (I'm from Texas)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 10:16 PM by Fluw.)

Username: Fluw
Discord: Wulfsbach#7520
Player Name: Patrice Nadeau
Position: Goalie
Player Strengths: Reaction Time, Hand Speed Rebound Control
Player Weakness: Agility

1. I feel the branding is pretty awesome and love the idea of the spectres especially for New Orleans.

2. I think its pretty important to have a good dynamic and friendly faces around. Work as a team together and just overall be able to hang together as friends.

3. Definitely if anything it's exciting joining an expansion team,  i would know I got drafted in the SMJHL by the Lethbridge Lions which is an expansion team to the league. As long as I can give my all day in and day out I would be honoured to be a part of something new here.

4. No winning right away is not necessary.

5. I would say it's a mix of both. I want the team to succeed but I also want to be a reason why the team succeeds given as I am a goalie and have a substantial role in a teams success.

6. Current favourite song hmm I think I will go with Broken by lovelytheband.

7. As long as I need to be a SHL calibre goaltender. I am thinking 3-4 years in the SMJHL or however long is needed of me to rise up to the occasion.

8. Um It does sound intriguing however I am not sure I have the experience for it but am willing to help out if my help is wanted!

9. I don't know the answer this question as I have no idea who those two are, new to the league as a whole, however I'm sure they are both awesome in their own ways.

Little bit about why you should draft me.

Well I am always online, that should be a plus? I am always reachable through discord and I try to be active in the locker room as much as I can if I have things to say. I personally want to be the goalie of the future for an SHL team and I believe I could be that goalie for this team. I am really bad at selling myself but if you have any questions that may help to get to know me by all means pm me here or on discord and I'll gladly answer anything and everything as best as I can! Thanks for the opportunity.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Username: FuzzSHL
Discord: You already have it
Player Name: Michael Fox
Position: RW
Player Strengths: (will insert when I’m off work)
Player Weakness: Checking

1. How do you feel about the New Orleans Specters branding?
Purple is hard to pull off, but I love the logos. I’m pretty partial to the jerseys I made but..

2. How important is the locker room atmosphere to you?
It’s more important to me than a lot of things. If there’s a good locker room atmosphere, people will want to contribute and keep improving their player and be active. A good locker room breeds success.

3. Are you willing to help build that atmosphere to be a place everyone wants to be?
Absolutely. I want to be a part of an amazing atmosphere wherever I end up, whether it’s helping build one, keeping one up, or helping change one around.

4. Are you okay with coming to an expansion team, understanding that there may be bumps in the road on the way to winning?
First time player, what better team to go to than an expansion team?

5. Do you need to win right away?
Michael Fox is gonna be in the Hall one day regardless of whether the team he’s drafted to wins in its first year or any year after.

6. Team success or personal stats?
Team success, 100%. Personal stats are nice, but if I’m not putting the team in a place to win then what am I even doing?

7. What's your current favorite song?
U Don’t Know - Alison Wonderland

8. How long do you want to play in the SMJHL?
However long it takes me to get to a point where I can help my SHL team.

9. Would you be interested in potentially joining the Specters "inner circle" on personnel decisions, including giving thoughts on trades, and scouting for future drafts?
I’m currently trying to get the co-head position on USA’s IIHF team, so any position similar to that I would love to be a part of. I one day want to start an expansion team of my own (or move a team that isn’t doing so hot) and become GM, so any insight on what could help me in the future (and the team currently) I would love to help with.

10. Who's better? Joe K or TDZ ( @TheDangaZone ) ?
JK because he gave me my shot in the SMJHL

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Username: pris
Discord: pris#6083
Player Name: Anastasia O'Koivu
Position: DFD
Player Strengths: Defense, Strength, Puck Handling

I fuckin' love it, as you know.

Paramount. I want to play somewhere that I love, and somewhere I can get along/have fun with and trust the people around me. I trust that you and TDZ will be able to turn New Orleans into that, the way that you did St. Louis.

Oh, absolutely. It's something I've always held as a responsibility and something that I've loved in all the locker rooms I've been a part of, helping cultivate a locker room that people want to come to.

Yeah. You know I'm not exactly used to winning or anything. I'm fine with anything. Locker room > sim results, to me.

Not at all.

Team success.

At the moment? I've been listening to Avenged Sevenfold's "The Stage" a lot over the past week and a half for some reason.

As long as y'all and/or Colorado need me to. I don't have any personal preference either way, really. No rush.

Yeah. I have a lot of experience with scouting, actually, as well as being in management circles despite never being a GM myself. I have good connections towards that, thankfully.

I've always gotten the sense TDZ likes me better Tongue

Well, I'd like to think you and I are friends. And well, you know that I'm the kind of person who is devoted to what she does when it comes to this kind of thing. I'd be a great help in your locker room, with both scouting and helping welcome newer members to the team. And I don't do things by halves. I fully intend baby Volks to reach the same heights (well, in TPE, anyway, who knows what her stats will look like lol) as my first player.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 07:58 PM by Kalakar.)

Username: Kalakar
Discord: Kalakar#0311
Player Name: Matt Kholin
Position: Center
Player Strengths: Passing, Puck Handling, Skating

I like it a lot. I see vibes from Dota 2's Spectre.
The most important thing. I want to have fun and be able to chat with an active locker room while making new friends.
Absolutely.
Yes, that is not a problem to me.
No.
Team success.
I'm enjoying Post Malone's Sunflower right now.
However long I need to not be useless in the SHL, but with an expansion team I might be brought up sooner?
I'm still new to this, so I don't know how much I would be useful, but once a few seasons have passed, sure.
I apologize but I only know TDZ so far, so I'd have to go with him!
I'm really active and plan on keeping it that way for a while. I want all the TPE's I can to help the team that will draft me become better.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Username: SlashACM
Discord: slashacm
Player Name: Aleister Cain
Position: G
Player Strengths: Good stuff idk
Player Weakness: size (but not down there ya know)

It's pimp bro let's fucking go
You know how active I am but I can't carry so you better get some cool dudes
You know it. Already did it in nshl
My whole career been bumpy
Nah I won enough in Edmonton
Team success. Swiss cheese baby
Mr. Clean Yung gravy
Not anymore please
Yeah I'm pretty decent at scouting
Trick question, Mike izzy
I'm the best goalie that ever was or ever will be

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Username: gordieboom
Discord: royalty#6746 (is some channel i have changed my nickname to gordieboom)
Player Name: Gordie Boomhover
Position: LW
Player Strengths: Scoring, Skating, Puck handling

Looks nice.

It is important, but i am not really into chit-chat. When i chip in it will mostly (if not all) be SHL based.

Sure. I will show up on discord every day and occasionally chip in.

Yes that's fine and might even be more challenging.

No.

Hopefully both. I will train as hard as possible and hope i can help the team getting successes.

November Rain

I think that will be decided based on the team that drafts me. If they don't need me yet, i will be happy continue playing for the Scarecrows.

Not straight away. I will be carefully planning my activity and i feel i am not ready for that yet. My priorities are still getting to know the SHL and improve my attributes.

Since i don't know TDZ, i can't say. Joe K is a nice fellow though.

Someone called me the 'Steal of the draft' in the SMJHL S46 draft. He must have had a crystal ball. No one knows how the future looks like, but i am determined to improve my attributes the best i can.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 01:15 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Username: SpartanGibbles
Discord: SpartanGibbles#8274
Player Name: Collin Gibbles
Position: Right Wing
Player Strengths: Passing, Defense, Puck Handling
Player Weakness: Checking

How do you feel about the New Orleans Specters branding?: I am a big fan of the Specters Branding. The logo is crisp and fresh without being overwhelming. I am not normally a fan of Purple and Black but the Specters version works very well.

How important is the locker room atmosphere to you? Somewhat important. I'd like people to get along but I don't need everyone to be best friends forever. I like to pop into chat and enjoy conversation but I ain't joining no cult.

Are you willing to help build that atmosphere to be a place everyone wants to be? Yes, I have been a part of the new Anaheim expansion and have enjoyed making a small community with my teammates. No one wants to play for a toxic locker room.

Are you okay with coming to an expansion team, understanding that there may be bumps in the road on the way to winning? Yes, I have enjoyed the process of being with an expansion team with Anaheim and would be highly interested in doing the same with the Specters. I think the payoff for success will be worth the work.

Do you need to win right away? Nope, nothing worth having is given without effort.

Team success or personal stats? Ideally both in tandem. Personal stats are nice but they don't matter if you can never win the big one.

What's your current favorite song? Top three songs on my recent spotify; Country Grammar by Nelly, Consequences by Camila Cabello, and Cool Patrol by Ninja Sex Party.

How long do you want to play in the SMJHL? Until I am needed in the SHL. The SMJHL is for developing into a complete player.

Would you be interested in potentially joining the Specters "inner circle" on personnel decisions, including giving thoughts on trades, and scouting for future drafts? Potentially. I don't believe in inner circles within teams. It usually leads to a division in the group. I think everyone should have something to offer the team but no one should be part of some special "elite".

Who's better? Joe K or TDZ  ? Hard to say as I haven't had many interactions with either if you yet. I am new to the site as of this season.

Give me a bit more as to why i should draft you. I've been building a team play focused player and hope to help my team eventually win a championship. Success isn't built overnight but I would love to be a franchise player.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 03:36 PM by Segi.)

Username: Segi
Discord: Freemasons (Segi)#3554
Player Name: Mathias Seger
Position: Defense
Player Strengths: Passing, Defense, Discipline (that one's subject to change though)

I think it's awesome. The logo isn't perfect, but it looks pretty cool. I'm also a big fan of the color scheme.

How important is the locker room atmosphere to you?:
I like being a part of an active locker room. Having a team to chat with is what keeps me active on here the most.

Are you willing to help build that atmosphere to be a place everyone wants to be?:
Definitely. I'll be active and try to engage other players. I'm also always happy to help out and answer questions whenever I can.

Are you okay with coming to an expansion team, understanding that there may be bumps in the road on the way to winning?:
Yes. I was drafted by the Anaheim Outlaws and being in an expansion team is pretty fun. Having the possibility to help start a completely new franchise would be pretty cool.

Do you need to win right away?:
Not necessarily. Winning after building something for a while is most of the time more rewarding anyway. I do want to be able to compete in Seger's career.

Team success or personal stats?:
Team success. I'd rather play on the third line in a team that's the best it can be than on a first line in a team that doesn't work.

What's your current favorite song?:
I don't really have favorite songs.

How long do you want to play in the SMJHL?:
Until my SHL team feels it's time for me to come up. I like being on the Outlaws, but I'd like to experience the big league too.

Would you be interested in potentially joining the Specters "inner circle" on personnel decisions, including giving thoughts on trades, and scouting for future drafts?:
For sure. I don't really know the league well yet, but I'll be happy to take part in the discussions and to help scouting.

Who's better? Joe K or TDZ ( @[b]TheDangaZone )?: [/b]
Well, Joe's a pretty terrible werewolf, so probably TDZ.

Give me a bit more as to why i should draft you:
I think, I'll be a positive for my SHL team's locker room. I'm now half way done to my bachellors degree and Discord will be open on my laptop throughout the day. I'm also happy playing werewolf or other games with the team. Smile

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Username: @Thunfish

Discord: Thun#2436
Player Name: Yoshimitsu McCloud
Position: Right Winger
Player Strengths: Passing, Fighting, Puck Handling

It looks pretty good. Clearly the best of the two expansion teams for the season on that regard.
I imagine a fair bit. I'd appreciate having a group of fun, nice teammates that I can forge friendships with.
Absolutely. Everything is a team effort, after all.
I'm new myself. Fail to see why that would be a problem.
Not really. I hope to perform well, but we can't win all the matches we play after all and a slump is understandable for a new team.
Team success, totally.
Weezer - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)
As long as the major team that drafts me wishes me to do so. I love the Outlaws' group of players, but I understand that the major team has priority.
I wouldn't mind doing so. Anything to help the team out.
Who's better? Joe K or TDZ?
A smart ninja does not pick sides when asked for service.
In all honesty, this is my first ride. I know I'm probably not at the top of the pecking order, I understand there's a lot of ground for me to reach up and I intend to do so if given the chance. I try to present myself as polite as possible and hope to be at least of use to whichever team that wants to draft me. If I'm of interest to the Specters, then expect me to work as hard as possible.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Username: HabsFanFromOntario
Discord: HFFO#4212
Player Name: Big Fudge
Player Strengths: All around
Player Weakness: hitting

Love it, love purple, love it.

Very

Fucking right

I prefer it, love the opportunity for playing time and to make my mark.

no

team

X gonna give it to ya

As long as you want bb

I love trading and drafting so yeah

You, draft me pls

I'm fun guy, know shl good, been around. Like an experienced hooker.

Username: Citizen of Adraa
Discord: Citizen of Adraa#8380
Player Name: Andrej Doskočil
Position: Defense
Player Strengths: Checking, Defense, Passing

I personally think your colours are a bit dark, maybe a few more bits of some light colour wouldn't hurt. But, I like that you are going somewhere new, that's neat.

5/7 pretty important

If you are expecting me to not have yes/no answers, don't give yes/no questions ._. yes

Bruh, I am in Halifax. I don't know what winning is (don't kill me pls I like it there we just suck).

Nah fam.

With how my player is built, I don't think personal stats are even a thing for me. Team success all the way.

Hatsune Mikku - Ievan Polkka Nightcore remix lol

Right now I feel that we have a great shot next season or two, so I would really like to stay down and see if we can secure a cup or two.

If you do the very not smart thing of trusting my opinions, sure.

I only know TDZ so I will say Joe. (xD)

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Username: LGRW613 
Discord: LGRW
Player Name: Lee Marshall
Position: Goalie
Player Strengths: Agility, Rebound Control, Style Control, Hand Speed, Reaction Time
Player Weakness: Skating, Size

I like it. The purple and black is a cool look, and I'm enjoying the whole theme overall!

Pretty important, 8/10. If the locker room is shitty, nobody's going to want to be a part of the team. I think it also leads to a lot of animosity when the room is shitty, as players care less about what's best for the team, and more about what's best for them.

Hell yeah! I'm all for a positive environment, so I am totally interested in helping create that.

Absolutely! I'm early on in my career, and this is a great opportunity to help build something that could be great!

Not even a little bit.

Team success. I've been about team success all season!

I don't think I have a current SONG. ALBUM though? Kamikaze - Eminem. It's been on repeat in my car since it came out.

As long as required! Obviously I'd like to make the jump right away, but I'm perfectly fine with getting my reps in the SMJHL until I get my opportunity.

Oh yeah! I'd love a chance to be a Co-GM, so being involved in the "inner circle" would be a great way to learn how the SHL and SMJHL operate.

Who's better? Joe K or TDZ

Sorry TDZ, I have to go with Joe. Joe's been so helpful since I joined this league, and we've had an open line of communication since S45 started. He's been very transparent whenever I've asked him about playing time, and I would love to follow him to his new expansion team!

My rookie numbers were great, though my appearances were limited. I'm pretty confident that those numbers would carry over to a full season, seeing as  my second last start was a bad outing and that really lowered my overall numbers. I got a lot of potential and I'm more than willing to keep learning!

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]