Create Account

S45 "Advanced" Player Stats
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 03:18 AM by ml002.)

So the race for MVP and many other awards are often very debatable and STHS doesn't give us a ton of information to go off of and zero ways to effectively evaluate the raw stats we see. So @Beaver did this spreadsheet back in S38 for the SMJHL Awards Committee and after that I took over for it when he didn't have time to continue doing it every season. 

The Sheet

SMJHL Sheet

So some super basic stats information you need to better understand z-Scores and what they mean.

z-Score= (Data Point - Average of all of the data points) / (Standard deviation of the data points)

This gives us a number that represents the number of standard deviations that the original data point is away from the average that the point of data is. In simpler terms, the bigger the number = more impressive, closer to zero = average, and negative numbers = bad cause they are worse than the average. (I just added a negative sign for GAA since smaller GAA is better)

Feel free to yell and scream at each other with more data.

(Read about the CR cause it's a really interesting stat Beaver came up with)

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Craig Finley :eyes:

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Woah, great job!

Garrett had zCR 2.762, zESCR 2.050, zPts 2.752 and zHit of -0.843, while Tuck with zPCT 2.504 and zGAA 2.772.
Z scores of 2.5 upwards are astonishing and it proves they were both great. I guess we could be back to the argument which season was more historically significant.

Also, I thought I had a bad season, but now I feel like nothing left but to retire this piece of trash player on the next trade deadline. While being in Top 30% league in terms of TPE you wouldn't expect to be last one in cr/zCR, 3rd worst in ESCR/zESCR, 6th worst in PTS/zPTS, 4th worst in Hits/zHit, and to sum it up to 3rd worst in zAVG. Just end me, all rookies better than me, and it's especially disappointing to have worst season after so much work and improvement went into it and seemingly there was a decent rookie year and improvement in sophomore campaign.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

01-25-2019, 04:21 AMmajesiu Wrote: Woah, great job!

Garrett had zCR 2.762, zESCR 2.050, zPts 2.752 and zHit of -0.843, while Tuck with zPCT 2.504 and zGAA 2.772.
Z scores of 2.5 upwards are astonishing and it proves they were both great. I guess we could be back to the argument which season was more historically significant.

Also, I thought I had a bad season, but now I feel like nothing left but to retire this piece of trash player on the next trade deadline. While being in Top 30% league in terms of TPE you wouldn't expect to be last one in cr/zCR, 3rd worst in ESCR/zESCR, 6th worst in PTS/zPTS, 4th worst in Hits/zHit, and to sum it up to 3rd worst in zAVG. Just end me, all rookies better than me, and it's especially disappointing to have worst season after so much work and improvement went into it and seemingly there was a decent rookie year and improvement in sophomore campaign.

You should remember that CR is representative of how good the team you are on is. You were on EDM who were by far the deepest team in the league meaning, short of being a 40 point scorer+, you would be low in the grand scheme of the league

Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames

I like this because it makes my player look good

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 11:42 AM by karlssens.)

the only player with a CR greater than 1. Garrett easily the top skater. Tuck alone made almost all the other goalies save% below average though. I do not envy the awards committee this year.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Added SMJHL to the OP

this is pretty awesome

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs