Create Account

S45 PT #5 - SHL Global
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 11:44 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: yYN0zcr.png]
@Mayuu
**S45 Suggestion Box Winner**

[Image: YhRDaJC.png]

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Task: The SHL/SMJHL are looking to promote the league internationally. As a way to do this you are tasked to choose a location outside of North America where two teams will play a home and home weekend series! You have also been given the responsability of choosing what 2 teams will play each other on the international stage! In 150 words or more talk to us about the destination you choose and what 2 teams did you decide on to represent the league.

Design: Create a preview poster of the upcoming game outside of North America. poster should include a graphical representation of the 2 teams playing, the destination there playing at and wording about the details of the upcoming event.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, Febuary 3rd at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

After the Olympics were bungled last year I think South Korea would be the perfect place to promote the league internationally. Korea has a small but devoted hockey league in Asia League Ice Hockey. Other leagues are always focusing on China but Korea is often left by the wayside. Seeing that the Smeb brothers are from Korea it would make the most sense to have the Colorado Raptors face off against the Detroit Falcons. Having some of Korea's most successful hockey players return and play would lend itself to creating a fun weekend around the game. The obvious venue to choose would be the Olympic stadium in Gangneung but I think that would be a mistake. Gangneung is quite a trek from the huge cities of Incheon, Busan, and Seoul. I think Incheon would be the best place to host the game. They have an almost brand new hockey venue that was built for the Asian Games and was used for some exhibition games during the Olympics. Korea's largest international airport is in Incheon which would help with logistics. Also Incheon is right next to Seoul so there is a LARGE potential market to tap into. So let's do it: Raptors V Falcons. Incheon. 2020.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The continent of "Oi Yah Nah Too Right Cobber", colloquially known as Australia actually has a strong ice hockey history to the surprise of many and it's the perfect place to take an international game. Hosted in Alice Springs, the largest town in the centre of the desert with a population of 25186, people from all coasts will have an equal opportunity to flock to the middle of the great red nothing and get a glimpse of their favourite players, and get to keep that red dirt clothes stain that just refuses to ever leave.

Sure they'll have to build a stadium, hotels, new roads, probably upgrade the hospital... but that's all fine! The two teams that should play there you ask? Well of course it's got to be Canada vs USA, and two teams completely out of their depth in 45 degree celsius summer heat, so the only logical choices are the Winnipeg Jets and the Buffalo Stampede! The Edmonton Blizzard almost got selected, but Winnipeg has a colder record low, so they edged them out there.

Both teams can look forward to many interesting sights in Alice Springs! 
Here's just a snippet of the wonder that awaits:
Uluru (only a 6 hour drive away!)
Red Dirt!
The Alice Springs Reptile Park!
Alice Springs Desert Park!
More Red Dirt!
Camels!
And Prison!

See you there!
Ps. be warned there's lots of red dirt

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

When I tell you I want the SHL to host a game in Germany, you'd probably assume we're heading to Berlin. NOPE! This time, we should have a game in Munich, Bavaria's crown jewel and the third most populous city in Germany.

It took no time at all to pick which two teams would play in this game. The Buffalo Stampede have a high number of quality German players including GOD McZehrl, Alexander Selich, and Cassius Darrow, and local Bavarian son, Oliver Konig. Retiring forward Viktor Vorkhampfer could serve as the ambassador for the game, helping the league to organize and build hype throughout Germany.

For the second team, I've decided to ask the Toronto North Stars. Not only do Buffalo and Toronto have a heated rivalry from their proximity/history, but Toronto also has star German players in Zander Rhys and Finn Kruger (alongside other stand out SHL stars . These two teams could easily build hype for an international game that caters to the local crowd.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Despite not being recognized as a hockey power, Ireland has dominated the international landscape for several seasons now. It would be great for the SHL to schedule a game in Dublin and reward Irish hockey for producing some of the game's finest with limited resources. Two of Ireland's too young players are in the Hamilton Steelhawks organization in Tig Murphy and Donnie Dicks, while it would certainly be great to see long time international veterans like Beaujeax Biscuit, Roman Augustus, and Leader Reilley of the West Kendall Platoon suit up to play against them.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

For the new upcoming game outside of north america, the shl will be heading to italy! with pasta, pizza, gelato, and many fine wines to consume, the players will head to the home of the carb, sauce, and cheese holy trinity to play a game at the world famous Roman Colosseum. Throughout history it has been known as a place of combat, and just like in the past, the SHL will send its too biggest combatants, Tigole Bitties (5 FT, 4 W) and the New England Wolfpack to play Dermot Lavelle (7FT, 2W) and the Buffalo Stampede. Although this Eastern Conference matchup is nothing noteworthy usually, it will see the two worst goals against teams, with the two biggest fighters, meet up in Italy for what can only be described by the hockey analysts as a high event game, only fueled by the glorious rivalry of north east USA, and the wonders of Italian food and drink.

Ireland has a hockey hotbed lately. The Ireland National Team has won gold medals for three straight seasons behind a core of players like Oisin Fletcher, Roman Augustus, Leafer Reilly, and Jack Tanner. So, it makes sense that the SHL would play some games in the surprising hockey country. So, I suggest that the SHL play a home and away between West Kendall and Edmonton in Dublin. West Kendall and Edmonton are two of the best teams in the league, and they're always competing for a Challenge Cup. Not to mention that some of their biggest stars, Fletcher for Edmonton and Augustus and Reilly for West Kendall, are Irish and have helped lead the national team to multiple medals of every color. The hope is that these games can help stoke the flames of hockey interest in a country that has slowly emerged as a hockey nation, and help lead more young Irish men and women to the SHL.
160 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

The league is finally going international. Escaping the grand lands known as Canada and the USA, the Simulation Hockey League is taking it's talents abroad. With way too many amazing destinations to chose from, they let the fans have a go at it online on their league homepage. Of course, the media covered it largely, word got out and an amazing amount of people sent in votes. Of all the cities and countries that were listed the following three rounds out the final 3 (remember, with only 2 being chosen). Bora Bora - FP, Tokyo - Japan and Moscow - Russia. With the huge turn out, they then gathered those final 3 and put them in a new poll with the final results of:

Moscow: 41%
Tokyo: 26%
Bora Bora: 33%

With Moscow and Bora Bora moving on, it was slightly expected moving into the final 3. A warm destination, with beautiful waters and the warmth of the sun melting your skin. What could be better? Vacation seekers, those with cash on hand and anyone else are able to attend. They'll be building a specialized arena for hockey, with an outdoor resort off the ocean side. expect it to be a big vacation destination sight for sometime to come with maybe a few more exhibition games here - you never know. For the teams, we got the Winnipeg Jets facing off against the New England WolfPack. Let's see what they can do!

For Moscow, it's obvious. It's one of the biggest hockey nations in the world - a large contributor to all the skill with have in so many leagues and a producer of some legendary hockey players in a majority of leagues. Outside of that, it's also fuelled by one of the world largest hockey leagues, the KHL. Russians love their hockey almost as much as they love Putin, who is second to Vodka. You bet your ass if you put a game here, you're going to be having some different formats than the original game over in Bora Bora. Here, we got some of the SHL's best, voted by the fans truly, against some of the KHL's best. Call it an All-Star team VS All-Star team to showcase talent in both leagues.

Way over word limit, done for the day, folks.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 05:06 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Weve seen great success with the NFL's integration into international markets.. First with Buffalo playing some home games in Toronto and in recent seasons they have played a series of games in London England. I want to make sure our 1st visit abroad has a global, marketable and travel friendly destination.. and after careful thought i have put my recommendation in for Paris France!  the home to 70 million people and within travel distance from places like Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Spain (to name a few)... 

It's likely that Europeans only get the big games on television such as all-star games and the challenge cup series... so id want 1 of the teams to have a bunch of players that they are already familiar with..  Edmonton would be my 1st choice.. a team saturated with star power!... including Joe K and Oisen Fletcher who should be big names over seas having spent much of the S40's in challenge cup games for Calgary and Minnesota.  

Our 2nd team would be the Texas Renegades .. a roster with the talent to compete with Edmonton.. some star power of their own in Garrett and the Dude.... but also possess a boat load of young exciting faces for the international community to learn about In Hobbs, Kahn, Essellemm, Karlsson and O'Callaghan!  

Blizzard vs Renegades in Paris France is what im recommending!  My only concern is Texas being on the grand stage....i'm going to ask that they check all of their luggage before boarding...place the Rene roster on a strict 5 PM curfew... and ask that they ban Jensen from all social media.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 04:05 PM by dizzyDC.)

This is a pretty easy decision to be totally honest. The first team participating in this event will obviously be the Texas Renegades as their roster is filled with globally recognized stars. I mean, who doesn't love the Renegades? They are the prime team to move the SHL onto the global scene. The second team participating in this event will be the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Why might you ask? Every game needs a face and a heel. The Renegades are obviously the face and nothing screams heel more than the doo doo fish from down south. Now lets get to the exciting part, where the games will be held and the answer to that question is Antananarivo, Madagascar. Africa is the perfect destination to hold this game as it truly seems the most remote from being involved. Hopefully this series can spark an interest on this continent and bring the game of ice hockey to new heights. Also imagine putting lemurs on ice skates as intermission entertainment. It would be fantastic.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

The SHL has chosen Suva, the capital of Fiji, as the spot to launch their international campaign. Why Fiji? I say why not! It's the epitome of a non-hockey market. It's also paradise, so it won't be hard getting the players hyped up for this event. In fact, the teams that aren't selected will be so bummed it might create some rivalries. The teams chosen to represent the SHL in paradise are the West Kendall Platoon and the Texas Renegades. Why those two teams? Because the ice in paradise might not be of the best quality and these two southern teams are used to playing on shitty ice. They're also well equipped to deal with the other less than pleasant aspects of paradise that will probably be present in Fiji such as sun burns and mosquitoes. I say probably because I don't actually know anything about Fiji except that they go there on the Bachelor a lot, but hey...research isn't my job. Anyway, I'm sure they'll feel right at home in the tropical weather.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

I wouldn’t call Russia a very unorthodox place to have two premier SHL plays, but they do love their SHL hockey over there, one team in particular, the New England Wolfpack.

During the Wolfpack’s magical run back in the early S30’s, they had Russia superstars and fire power leading that team to all that glory they shared, and also helped the Russia take home some nice hardware.

A natural enemy for the Russian people is, the Calgary Dragons. During those years, they had some hard-fought Challenge Cup games, even thought the Dragons also had some homegrown talent, they just simple became that enemy.

The nice thing about using Russia as a home too, is the benefit the Olympics’ has made there, and the use of their beautiful Sochi hockey rink.

And to top it off, it would be a mixture of the new clubs faces, and certainly the old faces that these fans will be more then happy to see battle again, but this time in front of some other home town fans!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

A surprise country has been a dominate force in IIHF for the last couple of years. Filled with a group of star players, Team Ireland has won multiple gold medals in the IIHF. They took young players and let them grow together and the results paid off. Now, the SHL wants to bring SHL hockey to the country of Ireland. The powers that be have decided to hold a pre-season game between the Edmonton Blizzard and the West Kendall Platoon in Dublin.

The league decided on these two teams because they both have prominent stars from Team Ireland. On Edmonton, the Irish are going to be able to see Oisin Fletcher and Hercules Rockefeller, both players who were instrumental in the IIHF tournaments. On the Platoon, they will be able to see their star goaltender Beauxjeux Biscuit. The SHL is planning a ton of festivities, meet and greets, and an outdoor rink for fans to skate on. It should be a very successful event for the SHL, the players, and the fans in Ireland.

(174 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

A great place to go would be Mexico, because they do seem to get a bad rap. We could have a game in Mexico City, fly in some ice and have it as the battle for the Ron Mexico Trophy. Since Louie Garrett would have already won that trophy after a great S45, his team would have to be a part of it. So, the Texas Renegades will play, since they are close to Mexico anyways and probably have a lot of fans down there. The second team would be the Winnipeg Jets. Since Texas will have won the previous Challenge Cup, they choose to bring down the team they beat in the first round and the champion before them.

They have a nice two game series, and although it is close, unfortunately both nights end with the crowd leaving early to beat traffic after the Renegades embarrass the Jets. The promotional event is a large failure.

We're going to Jakarta bois

The point of global games is to build interest in the sport. As such, it makes sense to go to places where hockey is not as well known, such as the tropics of southeast asia. Ice hockey isn't completely unknown there, though, with Manhattan Rage defenseman Tokek Takshak being from the area. Obviously, the Rage will have to go.

Who else, though? Who better than Jakarta's very own dragons? This makes for two teams with rich histories, one on at the end of a rebuild and the other just beginning, with big name stars such as Michael Iztopher and rising young players such as Alex Winters, as well as Takshak being a hometown pylon.

A quick resurfacing of the Gelora Bung Karno Sports Complex's field hockey field would easily create shl regulation ice, and seating is no worry at all, as the complex hosted the Southeast Asian Games with no difficulties.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e