Create Account

S45 PT #5 - SHL Global

The Simulation Hockey League has chosen to partake in a little international home and home series and they decided to send the Los Angeles Panthers and the New England Wolfpack over to Sweden. The first game held in Stockholm will be considered a home game for the Panthers as well as Panthers centreman Mattias Enqvist who is one of a handful of Swedish born players playing in the Simulation Hockey League currently. The second game in Malmo will be the home game for the New England Wolfpack. The league chose these two as they both have a very good record of success in the league and also have ties to the country of Sweden. Autograph sessions are booked, hotel get togethers are also booked and the fans in Sweden will be anticipating a very prestigious event. Mattias Enqvist will be the honorary captain for the home game for the Los Angeles Panthers when they take the ice in the first game.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

For this TPE I would try to explore a market that is out of norm and untraditional in terms of hockey. One I have in mind although hockey is slowly emerging there is China. With the Kunlun Red Star being the first ever KHL from China two years ago I believe it would be a good opportunity to showcase the SHL in the world's most populated country.

To make the biggest impact I would send in some of the most recognised teams, my first pick would be Season 44's Champions the Winnipeg Jets and facing them would be Season 43's Champions the West Kendall Platoon. I believe the Champions from the past 2 seasons would be the best choice of teams to represent us in China as they have the most recognition due to their recent success.

I believe with those two teams at the helm for back to back matches they would allow for the SHL to get maximum interest and coverage going into China and hopefully catch the interest and imagination of fans and players he who perhaps one day will want to play for our league and be drafted to compete

[Image: cut.jpg]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 10:53 AM by Paq.)

If I were planning this game, I think choosing the location would be simple: pick one of the IIHF medalist countries, preferably the gold medalist so long as it is not a repeat location. Based on the most recent tournament, we'd be headed to... Ireland! So how do we go about choosing the two teams? I say make it a special affair, since we want to promote the league. Considering that, we definitely don't want any bottom dwellers heading over there. In fact, we probably want the exact opposite. So why not a rematch of the previous season's SHL Cup contenders? So with all of that in mind, we'd be sending Winnipeg and West Kendall over to Ireland for a game this season. It would be a great fit as Leafer Reilly and Roman Augustus would make excellent representatives of Ireland for West Kendall while Spitfire would represent the country for Winnipeg.

NSFL/PBE: speculadora

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

We’re taking this bad boy over to Vienna, Austria. Austria is a perennial “quiet” contender in IIHF play, and big names such as Mike Izzy, Alex Light, Richard Physt and Tigole Bitties are proud to wear their sweater with their normal teams in the SHL today. We’re going to ship out the New England Wolfpack in their away whites to lace ‘em up against the Calgary Dragons. Starting goaltender for the Wolfpack, Johannes Leitner, shares that illustrious title for the Austrian IIHF team. Maximilian Egger, budding blue liner, is also a star player of the future for the Austrians. The matchup that every Austrian fan is clamoring for is seeing the top line centers Mike Izzy and Tigole Bitties clash head to head. Both men play a hard-nosed gritty style of play with a beautiful offensive flourish.

Tickets go on sale at the Vader Dome next week for the highly anticipated matchup.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Task: The SHL/SMJHL are looking to promote the league internationally. As a way to do this you are tasked to choose a location outside of North America where two teams will play a home and home weekend series! You have also been given the responsability of choosing what 2 teams will play each other on the international stage! In 150 words or more talk to us about the destination you choose and what 2 teams did you decide on to represent the league.

In the spirit of promoting the sport of hockey and the SHL brand as a whole internationally, I have come up with the perfect country to head to. First whoever I will present the two teams which will be flown out to go on international duty. The first will be the Minnesota Chiefs. I would have given you a reason for picking this team here, but the reason kinda comes with the second team I picked. The second team will be the New England Wolfpack. These two teams have been picked due to their historical rivaliry. Two teams that do not like each other and have had many standoffs in playoffs. Making them the perfect team to pick. They will go out and show what hockey is all about in the form of two rival teams fighting it out. Edgy play, some dirt, but most inportantly respect.

The country these two teams will fly out to will be Japan. They will be playing two games, one will be played in Kushiro. Which will be the home city for the New England Wolfpack. Kushiro is the host city of the Nippon Paper Cranes a hockey team that plays in the Asia League and has won this league the second most times. The second game will be played in Tomakomai. Home of the Oji Eagles and is a short distance away from Kushiro. Tomakomai will be the Chiefs home game.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=57976

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

I mean the location is already obvious is it not?

The location which can draw the biggest fan base ever whilst bringing in a new era of hockey phenoms know only to the annals of history.

China.

With a population of 1.386 billion they are ripe for the taking for a new major sport for the population to fall in love with. lets put aside all the cultural differences and potential government restrictions and go in with this with an open mind and will to win. What are the two teams we send then?

Well it's pretty obvious to be honest. People love to see high scoring games where one side can be paraded as the heroes defeating the lowly villains, so we will need a team with some flair and true american themes to drive home that fact.

Platoon is the 1st team, with the villainous and sad Stampede being the ones to get the score run up on badly. I mean you would think you would need to try and force the narrative, but the Stampede are really more than happy to be lit up and run out of town because really they are terrible anyways.

Set up that Marvel heroes vs DC villains vibe. One really long tenured and successful and the other terrible and always trying to hard. Just like real life SHL!

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

When you look at the stage for international hockey, two teams have a ton of players from one nation in particular, that being the Calgary Dragons and the Toronto North Stars, as both bolster strong rosters housing some of Austria's best players, with the likes of Mike Izzy, Shooter McGavin, Mikhail Lokitonov, Richard Physt, and Jordan Von Matt. Therefore a great location would be to have a home and home in the capital of Austria, Vienna! The draw of some of Austria's biggest stars duking it out in front of their homeland will draw huge crowds, with the bonus of Germany draws with the pairing of Finn Kruger and Zander Rhys, and also some draw from the UK and Ireland as the North Stars also boast stars Bob Bergen from England and Joseph Lombardi from Ireland. With the ease of travel in the European continent, it would be an easy choice for the local economy and would provide a lot of exposure for the SHL.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 05:51 PM by daBenchwarmer.)

While the majority of answers may be pointing towards an obscure country in Asia, or to Ireland, the belief is the next SHL hotbed for players (namely defensemen) will be Hungary. As a result, and to promote the game of hockey in the Eastern European country, the SHL should strongly consider having a game in Budapest, the Hungarian capital. The two teams to play will obviously be the two teams that have a Hungarian player on their roster, the Minnesota Chiefs and the New England Wolfpack.

The Chiefs have Sopron-native and SMJHL star Sanyi Kocsis to headline their blueline in this preseason exhibition match, while the Wolfpack have local Budapest citizen Jacob Geza to headline their blueline as well. Despite having two quality prospects, Hungary isn't a known quantity for SHL General Managers, but with the emergence of Thomas Bathory, that may be subject to change extremely soon.

Once again, Hungary is a hockey hotbed, with tons of potential and history flowing within itself. It will only take a little bit of effort for it to explode onto the international stage.

Quote:183 words

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

being given the task of setting the stage for an SHL game over seas i immediately thought of my homeland in Czechoslovakia. i would love to bring some of the my nations top SHL talent and up and coming players back with me to show the country what this amazing league has to offer. i know the roster i'm a part of in Manhattan is chock-full of Czechs and i know they would be more than excited to do the same. i looked around to find another team with a similar roster and landed on the Pride. i urged the management of both teams to assemble lines that featured Czech SHL players AND prospects. i'm sure this would entice many of the citizens to come and not only see the players that they are going to have a connection to but also learn about our league and the other players in it.

155 words

You like ice? Well, I've got some ice for ya, we're gonna play hockey at the North Pole where they play with candy canes, and the only mascot you need is jolly Saint Nick.

Who is gonna play there? We're gonna take a good team used to hot weather, uh... West Kendall, yeah, West Kendall and put them against a bubble team used to cold weather, uh... the Calgary Dragons. The Platoon won both games against the Dragons this season, but when we freeze the Platoon down a bit, maybe the tables will be on the other foot.

Now, you might think that there isn't a huge crowd to pull in at the North Pole (besides the hordes of elves of course) but here's the thing, we're going to broadcast this shit globally. Show the world that we mean business as we put our players through an outdoor game in the frozen north. We're tough as nails, and we're all dressed in matching Santa outfits and candy canes don't make great sticks so they constantly break. Play ball.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Seeing as the North American time zone is pretty out on it's own it doesn't really make sense to expand west or east. Regardless if you schedule the odd game to start early there's no way for a fan to follow a team since games will start in the middle of the night on week days and sports are best watched live.

Therefor we look North or south instead since time zones do not work vertically, and a perfect opportunity would be Brazil.
Of course the game would be held in beautiful Rio De Janeiro, we got the technology to get ice in a arena, so lets do it!

Perfect for this game would be the hot rivalry Toronto North Stars versus Buffalo Stampede.
The games have been hot and contested previously and there's no reason to believe that the sparks wouldn't fly in Brazil.

Who know's maybe the next Neymar will play samba ice-hockey instead of soccer?

RETIRED