Create Account

S45 PT #5 - SHL Global

I would send the Winnipeg Jets and Calgary Dragons overseas to Australia. Could you image on the attention hockey would get from the Rugby community? Why the Jets and Dragons? Easy, the Jets are the reigning Challenge Cup champions and the Dragons are a historic franchise with many successful seasons. On top of that, Their color schemes are polar opposites, which will make people choose a team by looks. I believe this will be a successful way to draw future players to the SHL. While Australia's weather isn't right for hockey, I'm sure if we build the right arena we could set up potential future tournaments and give locals the opportunity to play on ice. Could you image the excitement after the first big hit? All the shot glass bets and good time going on in the stands? I think SHL could really benefit from this event.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Obviously I'm going to pick London, in England, in the United Kingdom, but not in the European Union? I forget whether things are official between them. Anyway, I'd have it be the San Francisco Pride against the Toronto North Stars. Those two have been chosen because of the English players on each team. San Francisco has Dakota Reid, Ray Bork, Bilbo's player, and probably someone else. Toronto has Nobody. So yeah, I don't really think there's much else to it. Maybe make it an outdoor game and have it at Wembley. Or at new Whiteheart Lane. Or is it something else now? Whatever. It could also be Stamford Bridge. Or Olympic Stadium. Or maybe even the QPR stadium that is really embarrassing that I don't remember the name of since they're Koda's favorite team. Is Millwall in London? Oh, and Emirates Stadium.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

The San Jose Barracuda and the Winnipeg Jets have been invited by the mayor of Zimbabwe to play on a sheet of ice in a stadium. The two teams have agreed to pay for everything. People would be able to take a tour of the economy, agriculture, and the way of life for the people there for the few days before the game. On game day the teams will play for the citizens, who watch for free, along with everyone else who wants to; donations are optional; and they will also have a pre game meeting with the citizens and will sign jerseys for them. The few days after the game the players will tour the entire city and have a grand old time. After that the players will have a practice with some citizens who want to play hockey with them. I chose The Barracuda and Jets to represent the two sides of the standing.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

The SHL/SMJHL are looking to promote the league internationally. As a way to do this you are tasked to choose a location outside of North America where two teams will play a home and home weekend series! You have also been given the responsability of choosing what 2 teams will play each other on the international stage! In 150 words or more talk to us about the destination you choose and what 2 teams did you decide on to represent the league.

Being a member of the Calgary Dragons, we have adopted the Chicken Parm as a sort of theme throughout the organization. I think that it would be a fantastic experience to go back to the old county, Italy, to play a home and home series against the newly formed New Orleans Specters team. Esa considers the Dragons a family, and even though you may have moved on to another team he is always there to help out as best as he can. What better way than to help out former Dragons superstar Joe K, by taking his expansion team out on the world stage Italy was selected as the destination of choice because of Calgary's deep ties to all Italian related food. I believe they just built a new arena as a homage to the great Chicken Parm. The home and home would take place at the Palonda, a 7200 seat arena, which was built in 1994 to host the Men's World Hockey Championship, located in Bolzano, Italy, which is located in North Eastern Italy.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

HOCKEY IN THE HEAT!

The SMJHL is excited to announce a future game between the St. Louis Scarecrows and Detroit Falcons in an exciting overseas location. One of the most heated rivalries in the SMJHL is about to turn up the temperature TO THE MAX! These two teams will be playing the first hockey games ever played in the Sahara Desert! The average temperature in the Sahara is 30 °C (86 °F). Nobody would have ever thought this was a possibility years ago, but with current and future technology, we will show the world anything is possible. We are also in discussions for games in Madagascar, the Gobi Desert, on the Great Wall of China, at the North Pole, and even on the moon! The Scarecrows and Falcons are excited to be apart of this history making hockey announcement. (Honestly though, we seriously hope nothing goes wrong, but the odds are against us.)

As the SHL speads its international wings, Mexico City is set to host an All-California affair this 2019 season. The San Fransisco Pride will do battle versus the Los Angeles Panthers on the pista de hielo buenavista. League officials will modify the rink's seating capacity to ensure all 10 000 have a decent sight line. The reason for choosing the San Fransisco Pride and the Los Angeles Panthers is obvious, considering California is home to a large population of Spanish speakers--a whopping 38% of the state is fluent in the language. Culturally the players and fans alike will feel right at home in the sprawling metropolis that is Mexico City. The SHL is working in partnership with the IIHF in attempt to grow the game in to Central America. There is hope that one day, Mexico City will have a permanent Simulation Hockey League franchise. And who knows, one day we might see Mexico as a nation competing among the world's best at the International Championships.

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=58155

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 01:28 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

The SHL, SMJHL and even the vastly inferior NHL have had a number of outdoor games, winter classics and international events at this point. Europe and the emerging markets in Asia, particularly China and the Gulf countries, have been the prime choices for these sorts of events in most major sports up until this point, but why not go a slightly different route this time around? Therefore, I am suggesting an international event in Israel/Palestine! Keep politics out of sport? I say fuck that, let's use the power of this game that is loved by so many to bring people together. How do you do that outside of empty marketing phrases? Ehhhh I'm not exactly sure, but hey, non-traditional markets, building bridges, you know the drill!

The teams I would choose to play in this event are the Manhattan Rage and the Los Angeles Panthers. New York with all the symbolism it carries, the melting pot character of the city and the scars from 9/11 would be perfect for this event, and it also is the city with the largest jewish population in the world whereas LA has the largest Arab community in the US. Add in some East Coast vs. West Coast and you should be in for a real treat!

There are a lot of options for international games but the move should be to play in Switzerland with the intention of garnering a better look for the league as many up and coming prospects are of that country. The IIHF may look to expand and add a team of Switzerland's ilk but they still require some backing and motivation which can be drawn out by a major game taking place there. The teams taking part in this contest would be the LA Panthers and Manhattan Rage. LAP has Matthew Austin as a Swiss representative and the Rage have Sulak O'Hritea and both look prime to be great players. Many Swiss natives have followed the Panthers when they had Felix and would definitely look forward to this game.

This should be more of a spectacle than just some game played in another country, perhaps involving more of an outdoor appeal. This may just inspire another movement of great youth players coming out from the system here.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

As you should all know, Kim Jong-un is a huge basketball fan and the legendary Dennis Rodman has been the penultimate ambassador of the sport to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the nation's supreme leader. While a niche market, it's one that major basketball leagues have failed to capitalize on. This leaves a big opportunity - Kim Jong-un is an avid sports fan who once managed a legendary five hole in ones in a single round of golf. North Korea's ice hockey team currently ranks 41st in the world and they have a gorgeous arena in the capital city of Pyongyang. Reports are that Minnesota Chiefs rookie defenseman Poopity Scoop is just the right guy to be ice hockey's Dennis Rodman - a talented, eccentric player who is dominant defensively and a future Hall of Famer. So, naturally, the Chiefs would need to be one of the two participants. Their opponent would have to be the Hamilton Steelhawks who, despite being chronic underperformers, do have Andrew Martin who is also rumoured to have links to the Supreme Leader. What a match this will be at the Pyongyang Ice Arena.

[Image: 1024px-Pyongyang-Ice-Rink-2014.jpg]

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

01-29-2019, 01:13 PMBoucherFan12 Wrote: The San Jose Barracuda and the Winnipeg Jets have been invited by the mayor of Zimbabwe to play on a sheet of ice in a stadium. The two teams have agreed to pay for everything. People would be able to take a tour of the economy, agriculture, and the way of life for the people there for the few days before the game. On game day the teams will play for the citizens, who watch for free, along with everyone else who wants to; donations are optional; and they will also have a pre game meeting with the citizens and will sign jerseys for them. The few days after the game the players will tour the entire city and have a grand old time. After that the players will have a practice with some citizens who want to play hockey with them. I chose The Barracuda and Jets to represent the two sides of the standing.

Mayor of Zimbabwe?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

In the Samee Cup, we're gonna have to send the San Francisco Pride to do battle with the team formerly known as Seattle Riot. There is only one place on earth where this game can take place that will live up to the hype... The gem of the east, the perfect location for a relocated hockey team, the beautiful city of San Francisco, Puerto Rico! Given that he's no longer involved with Seattle, I think it's only fair that @JSS signs @Samee to an honorary one day contract to let Samee suit up and play in this instant classic. To really make an event of it, when the SMJHL playoffs are done, all of the prospects for both teams should be able to play a prospect's game on the same ice. This is the last chance the league will ever have to honor San Francisco like this, before Seattle officially rebrands as the Barracuda and it's gone forever.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

For this international prime time game I am going to elect to have my game played in the heart of London. There is a large population located in the area and plenty of people with the leisure time and financial means to get excited about hockey but also attend a game. As for who I would have play in the game I think going with the Edmonton Blizzard and Calgary Dragons would be a good match-up choice. These two teams are rivals of sorts that have been playing against each other for many years and those storied histories between teams are exciting.

Furthermore, these two teams would appeal to various people differently. The Dragons are the old guard with lots of historical success and a team that has been defined by greatness in recent memory which would likely attract many fans and get them excited about the sport and the league, and that is not even playing on the dragon logo.

The Blizzard one the other hand have not had the hardware that the Dragons have in recent times but they have been a young and exciting team that has a real shot to do some damage the last several seasons. Coupled with exciting performances throughout the regular season the last few years many fans may hop onto the bandwagon of a team that is winning and doing well in the present, and possibly future.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

It's no secret that hockey is a pretty popular sport in Europe, with many high end players coming from countries like Sweden, Finland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Russia, etc. But one of the largest countries that has yet to see its appetite for hockey truly explode is Germany. That's why the Buffalo Stampede and the Toronto North Stars will be travelling to the cities of München and Berlin for an international series of games. These two teams feature a handful of players with ties to Germany, such as Oliver Konig, Viktor Vorkampfer, GOD McZehrl, Fredrich Koenig, Alexander Selich, Cassius Darrow, Zander Rhys, Finn Kruger, and Wolfhard Richter. The teams have a natural rivalry in the SHL, so these games are destined to be exciting. We all hope that these two teams and their group of Germans can spark some real excitement for hockey in the untapped market that is Germany.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I would have the Edmonton Blizzard and the Calgary Dragons travel to Dundee Scotland to play a series in the Dundee Ice Arena in front of a small but crazy Scottish crowd. In Alberta a lot of our cities/parks/streets are named after places in Scotland. Maybe the connection would help get more fans interested. A lot of our players have Scottish DNA in them from the past but most have never even left North America so it would be an awesome experience for them to get out and visit a new place. The culture shock would help players on each team grow as they see how different things can be in different parts of the world.

Scotland has a lot of tough people who like to fight and drink so I think hockey is just waiting to explode there. The game is always more exciting watching it live and in Scotland the fans haven't seen any talent even close to the SHL level. Hopefully Edmonton and Calgary could really put on a great battle so the Braveheart Boys in Scotland can see how bad ass our sport is and try lacing up some skates for the first time. This wouldn't be a huge money maker but I think if the league started to do some of these series more often around the globe it might start to really pick up steam and we could see some real international growth. The Scottish Sim Hockey league could be just right around the corner!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.