Create Account

S45 PT #5 - SHL Global

I believe it’s quite obvious where the SHL should look into to promote the league internationally. This showcase game has to be played in China. Beijing will hold the next winter Olympics so this city is perfect. The SHL has an opportunity to do what the NHL and KHL weren't able to accomplish, make hockey popular in that country. If successful, the SHL would hit the jackpot in TV revenues and would become the richest hockey league in the world. Edmonton is definately a no brainer as one of the two teams representing the league. They have the best roster by far including a lot of exciting players. As we're targeting a casual public, the other team I would select is the San Francisco Pride. We really don't want a close hockey game with few goals score, we want to entertain those people. San Francisco finished in last this past season so they're the perfect jobbers.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

PBE PT
Username ADwyer87

This has been a tough PT for me as I have debated on some many angles as to why I would pick a place, like, what two SHL teams that have the most IIHF players from the same country that is not represented in SHL. Alternatively, I could propose I game in Oslo, Norway out of respect for my former IIHF team and I could write nasty things about hot Norwegian hockey cheerleaders, oh the possibilities. On the other hand, I could pick game in Berlin, Germany or Moscow Russia for a kind East meets West good will game but that feels rather dated. Or I could propose an all-encompassing suggestion or Mexico or some other Latin American country but let be honest to you side the Honduran Puck Hogs taking to the ice any time soon. Then I realized I should propose the following the Calgary Dragons should play the Edmonton Blizzard in Melbourne Australia. So that way those teams are nice and jet lagged and tried for their next games against the Winnipeg Jets.

Words ~176

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

To promote the introduction of Russia in the WJC, I saw we do a little cheeky series in Russia between the brand new expansion teams, Chicago and New Orleans. Russia is a great hockey country with a strong representation in creates and IIHF tournaments already, however in WJC lately they have been roped into team world. Picking a city in Russia, maybe Moscow, could celebrate their new separate team and get more Russian fans involved in the SHL, cheering for their countrymen as the take on the best young players in an exciting tournament. If we didn't go with SHL teams, we could even play a Russian match for WJC on their home turf to really get the crowd involved. There are a lot of options but growing the sport internationally would be very beneficial to the SHL, see what the big growth in CZE has brought to their team.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

[Image: 1y5cdxZ.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

The place where I would choose to play the SHL international game is New Zealand. There are plenty of European players playing across the current franchises so I feel that in order to generate maximum exposure among people unfamiliar with the game you need to get somewhere that doesn't have a lot of history with hockey. As well as this it is not too far from Australia so eager punters would be able to travel across the ditch. The two teams I would choose to play would be the Calgary Dragons and the West Kendall Platoon. This gives both Canada and the United States an equal representation. Everyone loves a winner so West Kendall are an easy choice following their recent success and the Calgary Dragons have Esa Anrikkanen who is the longest serving player in the game and a sure draw card for anyone that has an already established interest in hockey.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

When you're looking at growing the game of hockey I think you need to go places where hockey isn't a huge sport and where it could become one. Considering how hot it is in Africa and South America I you'd think that they're automatically ruled out right? Not so! The game of inline hockey is one that can be played anywhere in the world whether it's a cold climate or not! Therefore I propose the SHL hold exhibition games between the Winnipeg Jets and the Edmonton Blizzard in one of richest areas in the entire world that also happens to be in the Middle East. Dubai! Imagine getting a market in a place where the average citizen is one of the most rich in the entire world! It's a huge marketing opportunity that we're missing out on and if we just got one millionaire to get on board after watching a game we'd be set! I'm surprised nobody has thought of this yet :eyes:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

[Image: PT4567.jpg]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

The shl should definitely think of expanding internationally. So obviously my first thought would be to expand into Japan. japan is a beautiful country and i think they would love the game of hockey. Where in Japan you might be wondering, well I am thinking Tokyo right. Pretty big population of 14 mil. Lot of people means lots of fans, cant go wrong with that. Now if we want to grow the sport we should probably be showing the leagues best teams. So my first thoughts immediately go to the Hamilton Steelhawks. Just a fantastic team with high skill players. If we want the game to be exciting, the other team should be one of the Steelhawks rivals. So I am thinking the Minnesota Chiefs. Usually a pretty decent team. Some rivalry between them and the Steelhawks. So yeah Hammy Steelhawks and the Minny Cheifs in tokyo. I think that would be really healthy for the league.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]