Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT #5 - Firsts
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 12:15 AM by ej27.)

Highlight one of your SMJHL firsts.  Tell us about your first point, first fight, first penalty, whatever.

Requirements

Written: Must include 150 words.   Must be hockey related, must reference a specific moment from a SIM.  

Graphic:  Create an infographic highlighting your player's season. Must include a render, team logo, and at least 3 individual stats.

Reward

4 TPE for doing the thing.  (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S45 SMJHL Rookies (S46 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday 2/3 @10am CST Extended to Monday 2/4 @10am CST since some people didn't notice the early posting/early close date. PT 6 WILL close next Sunday at 10.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

When Nathan Explosion is asked about his first first, hockey related, he always thinks about his first Professional hockey game. Let's recall Explosion comes from the music industry and made his mission to make hockey more metal.

During his first hockey game ever, he recalls his first point recorded. It was versus the Anchorage Armada and the sequence was an interesting one. Dick Clapper was his line mate and attempted a shot. Nathan Explosion tried to deflect the buck but with his low skills only managed to deflect it behind the net. Then Karlstrabe Scholz like a hero, went supporting the offensive and took a Shot on the Goalie Hank Scorpio. Scorpio made the save with his pad but the juicy rebound went right back to Scholz who just had to life the puck to score. Explosion was credited his first point ever and was heard saying '' Whoa this game is easy, scored my first assist in my first minutes of play''. He probably jinxed himself that day since he didn't end the season with as much point as he tought and he had to work much harder to get em.

Overall, his first game was still a good one on the brutality level with 3 solid hits registered by the officials.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Eight games. Eight. It took me EIGHT games to get my first point. It wasn't even in spectacular fashion. It was a simple assist, but it started me off.

A home losing effort between us and the Colorado Raptors was where it happened. Here

I take great pride to have assisted on the goal with Ty Hoover, one of my greatest friends in St. Louis. While the assist wasn't anything special, the moment was. Having it be an assist to TDW was also fun as we've never played together and it's a changing of the guard type thing.

I went on to score 11 goals, put up 17 more assists for a total of 18, and get 29 points in my SMJHL rookie season. This was the start of what ended up being me leading our team rookies in scoring and placing seventh in points for all rookies in the league.

While the assist wasn't an OT game-winning goal or anything, it was mine, and I'll always remember it.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Brock Emmerton's first point of the regular season occurred in his 6th game played (SMJHL game# 28 of the season). Sure, he had achieved a number of hits and a few shots on net prior to that, but until that game, he didn't have a single goal or assist. Brock remembers that game like it was yesterday. He was playing on the 4th line up against the Kelowna Knights. Brock's linemate Andris Dzerins won a face-off cleanly and there was some back and forth between Anchorage and Kelowna (giveaways and takeaways from both sides). Finally, Cotalay intercepted a pass from Guy Zheng. Cotalay then had a perfect pass over to McAllister, who then made a quick pass over to Emmerton. Without hesitation, Emmerton took a hard shot and beat Kelowna goalie Vivian Leblanc. Even better, that goal turned out to the the game winning goal! Brock still has the puck from that game.

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada

It took me several seconds to record my first point in the SMJHL.

I remember all these emotions before the first game in my career, it was against the Scarecrows, how I wanted to show myself right from the start but I never thought that this would happen this way.

I started the game on the bench, I was looking at the audience, the arena was full and I was extremely nervous. The game started and I couldn't wait to get on the ice and then I heard those magic words from the head coach: «Second line, on the ice!» Several seconds later I got the puck from Carlo Russo then I decided to enter the Scarecrows' zone, did it successfully and then I saw Carlo again, passed the puck to him, he blasted it towards the net and then I heard this pleasing sound of the goal horn. And first I couldn't believe it and then I just went crazy. We got a lead 49 seconds into the game and I got a point several seconds since the first step on the ice. Borromini Cannellini also recorded his first point on this play.

We won this game 4:2 and I think that I will never forget it.

I'd like to say I remember every little detail about my first smjhl point but honestly, it all happened so fast it's kind of a blur thinking back at it. I remember it was an assist in a game against Anaheim. Our team had been going through a very rough patch, starting the season of with 13 straight losses and we had lost 4 of our last 5 coming into the game against Anaheim. We wanted to come out strong and we did just that with Matt Kholin putting up the games first goal 6 minutes and 26 seconds into the game. The rest of the first and most of the 2nd is quite foggy in my memory. All i remember was it being a very hard fought, sluggish game with neither team willing to give an inch.

Just passed the half way mark of the 2nd period my pair got the call to take the ice after a dump by the Outlaws that resulted in an Icing call. Kholin seemed to have control of the faceoff but an Anaheim player came in and tried to muscle him off the puck. Kholin and Clifton Outlaw were digging around in the scrum and managed to free the puck back to the open wing where Slothface collected it. Seeing all the open room at the point he sent the puck my way and Anaheim's players quickly started moving to position. I sent the puck over to the opposite wing where Kholin one timed it home. I hadn't even realized i got a point, all I knew was that Kholin scored and we had a 2 goal lead. It was only after the game when i watched the highlights and saw the scoreboard that I realized that I had assisted on the game winning goal.

Kholin was a new fresh face straight out of the S46 draft class. He hadn't played a game in the SMJHL yet so he was nervous when lacing his skate laces for the first time in a new locker room. The young Halifax Raiders team had barely had time to get to know each other before they were thrown in on the ice. The lines had been set in a non random way the coach had said. Centering the third line, Kholin was joined by Troy Reynolds and Clifton Outlaw. His first shot attempt happened early in the first period where both his lines' teammates missed the net. They must have still been anxious about their first game. Kholin managed to retrieve the puck behind the goal before the Colorado defenders and shot it towards a small opening in the net. The puck hit the post.

Kholin had been granted ice time on the first power play unit and late in the second, he got his best chance to score his first goal in the SMJHL. From a dumped puck in the Raiders zone, Rainbow Dash had carried it back towards neutral ice to send it to rookie Dylan Karlsson. A slap shot nearly missed the net but Matt Kholin was ready to battle for the puck in the corners. He poked the puck free, and skating back towards the Raptors goaltender, he quickly shot the puck towards the net which beat Yuri Ushakov five-hole for his first goal in his first game.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 02:19 PM by Lynxfire.)

Kalevi Karhunen's first goal, which was also his first point in the SMJHL, was a great combined effort by him and his rookie defensive linemate, Johnny Sins. At 13:44 of 1st period, the Anchorage Armada vs the Kelowna Knights in game seven of the regular season, Johnny Sins, playing defense on the right side, intercepted a pass by Kelowna Knight Justin Siddals. He fed it to the Armada's Eero Niemi who broke into the Kelowna zone and took a shot on net. The puck whistled wide and slung all the way around the boards to Kalevi near the blue-line. Kalevi wound up a slapper and clanged it off the post, but the rebound came out to the right point as Sins took another whack at it but missed the net. The Kelowna goalie was trying to get a bead on where the puck had ended up as Kalevi again retrieved the puck along the boards near the high circle, and took a wrist shot at the net as he crashed down toward it. He missed the goal, AGAIN, but got a stick on his own rebound to trickle the puck in between the goalie's leg for a 2-1 Armada lead.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

It was game 65 of the season, Vancouver Whalers versus the Detroit Falcons. The game started off with a powerplay goal, then a 2nd piled in by Vancouver before the end of the period. Noah Nowes and Carlo Russo had made Vancouver 2 for 2 on the powerplay!

Detroit was clearly demoralized with the way Vancouver's defense was shutting every offensive chance down, with Stevens scooping up anything that made it to him. Detroit started to get even chippier and reckless with their hits and blatant cheap shots that the refs were missing. Stevens was getting showered with ice and bumped on every play. Detroit was playing dirty and it wasn't even the playoffs. As a an alternate captain and leader for the team Stevens wouldn't sit back like a pussy and just let it happen. The boiling point came when a Detroit player fell into Stevens and sat on him while Mark Palicka kicked the puck into the net. The refs did nothing and marked it as a goal. Cas decided enough was enough and slashed 4 different players in the balls but the last slash caught the refs attention. They wanted to give Stevens a major, to which Stevens responded by taking off a skate and chasing the lead official. And this is how Casimir Stevens got his first ejection and game misconduct, but he succeeded in sending a message. You fuck with Vancouver and play dirty, we'll go goon squad on you. After Stevens ejection the period was full of fights.

250 words

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Olivier Cloutier's first SMJHL goal (which was also his first ever point!) happened in Anchorage's fourth game of the season. The Armada were in St. Louis to play the Scarecrows and were absolutely dominating them - Anchorage scored three unanswered goals in the first period, and despite St. Louis scoring a goal in the second, it was answered by a powerplay goal and the Scarecrows' goalie was pulled and replaced by their backup. Less than two minute of play later, Cloutier was in the right position in front of the net to deflect a shot by linemate Bust past the goalie and into the net.

Scoring that goal was definitely a weight off Cloutier's back. After being drafted third overall, the pressure to perform was on, and Cloutier was slowly but surely slipping farther into a negative mindset with every game. Notching a point gave him some much-needed confidence heading into the rest of the season.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Johnny Sins scored his first point early on in the season and remained stuck at two points for a majority of the season. The bigger milestone in Sins young career came at the 35 game mark of the season when he was able to bury his first goal of the season. In a 4-3 win over Halifax, Sins scored the third goal for the Armada thanks to a solid team effort by Dean Colt III and Oliver Kovacs, both of which assisted on the play. The goal ended a long scoring slump for Sins, who proceeded to celebrate long after the game was done by getting blackout drunk with some homeless people in Anchorage. The night ended by him getting arrested and held in the drunk tank until members of the Armada came and picked him up, thankfully he was ready to play the following night. Hopefully Sins continues to accomplish additional "Firsts" come playoff time.

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]

Coming from being a dominant minor hockey player, the first year in the SMJHL was quite a whirlwind for Fork Spoon. He sat down with us and had some time to reminisce. "Well, when I think about my first, I'll always thing about my first tuck". "I've been a goal scorer all my life, so coming into the SMJHL, I had some adjustment to do". "My first goal came 6 games into the season on my first shot on goal that game. I was blazing down the left wing on a 1 on 1 with the D-man". "I knew I wasn't going to dangle him, so I just kind of picked my spot high glove and let it fly". "It beat the goalie and went post in". "Honestly, one of the coolest feelings ever. After my slow start to the year, it was nice to feel like I contributed to my team winning a game". When asked if his first season was difficult, Spoon said "It was a new experience, one that I learned a lot from. I'm excited to get going in the playoffs here, hopefully helping the Crows to another championship".

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

There has been so many memorable firsts for me this season that are still fresh in my mind as if they happened the other day; my first goal in my fourth game and the joy I felt. When I managed to get selected as the first star after the bout versus Halifax in my sixth game and I couldn't even believe it when I was told to hang around a bit after the whistle was blown. But the one thing that is truly etched into my memory, clear as day, is the first time I dropped my gloves to fight another player.

It was our 26th game, home versus St. Louis. Looking back at it now, I can with sober eyes say it was a close game where they happened to have a bit of an edge on us. Going into the third we we're at a 1-1 tie with a game to win. But as the period went on they actually seemed hungrier, they got the calls and converted well on the man advantage. Five minutes left, and they nailed 3-1 for their 2 goal lead on a power play. Minutes were racing past and we weren't doing enough to get the W in my mind. 

Fast forward to around the 19th minute mark and I was on the draw after we had iced the puck. I win the draw, but a failed pass leads to another icing. I'm tired, I'm frustrated. Looking back, I know that I wasn't alone in that state at that point, but I wasn't thinking clearly. They send out their fourth line and I'm up versus this Spoon guy on the faceoff. I think Fork is his first name (what a childhood, eh?). I win the draw, but as I turn into him I get a whack over the knee, and I see red. I absolutely lose it, and before I know what even happened we've both dropped our gloves and we're going at it. The guy is bigger than me, and we both land a couple good shots before the linesman breaks it up.

When the dust had settled I end up with a busted lip and an aching hand. I think I hit his visor. Looking over at him I can't really see any blood, but that nose looks crooked - maybe it always was? Either way, I quickly realize how stupid what I did was. Looking at the game afterwards I fucked up the one chance at a comeback that we had by interrupting our counterattack with that fight.

But hey, live and learn, right?

Let's fucking go boys, playoffs are here and we have a cup waiting for us. 

\_\_\_ Militia Militia Militia

(@DJ_THE_PROFESSOR)

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

My first SMJHL goal is something that i will never forget as when our team the  Militia took on the  raiders on January 2, 2019. I was struggling to generate offense throughout most of the game, but my chance came up late in the 3rd period. I was able to carry the puck into the offensive zone and rip a snapshot bar down glove side on the Raiders goalie. That sound of the puck ringing off the post and going in is something that i can still remember to this day. The jubilation on my face after getting my 1st career SMJHL goal was like a kid waking up to Christmas morning expecting many gifts. The boys were quick to grab the puck out of the net so i could keep the memento for my 1st goal. The puck is sitting at home in my bedroom inside of a case where i am keeping it on display.

The joy of getting a first goal is something that is magical in the game of hockey and is hard to describe into words, but the expression on my face when i did get my first career SMJHL goal is a memory i will cherish for years to come. The cherry on top is that we won the game 4-2 and getting wins is the most important thing for a hockey team.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 08:35 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Nick Brain got involved in his first career fight on a cold Tuesday night in Anchorage, on Day 36 of the SMJHL regular season. The Colorado Raptors were trailing the Anchorage Armada 2-zip midway through the second period, so the Raptors coaching staff made a judgement call: Send a guy out to start something, just to fire the boys up. Raptor coach Tommy Salami looked over his options and decided on the big rookie power forward Nick Brain to be the man.

Just past the 8 minute mark, Nick Brain got the puck on the rush, and tried to fire it five-hole on Armada goalie Peter Larson. Larson made the save and covered up, so Nick Brain decided to skate in and snow him a bit after the whistle. This got a response from Dean Colt III, one of the Armada's physically strongest players. Colt went in shoving to protect his goalie, Nick shoved back, the callout was made, the mothers were insulted, and the fight was on.

Colt tried, but made a tactical error with his jersey adjustments before the game (presumably because he didn't know if he'd have to fight today), and so Nick managed to get the jersey over Colt's head enough to restrict his vision and land a series of vicious uppercuts, two of which hit the nose and drew blood. Colt went down and Brain's arms went up in celebration, as he tried to pump up his teammates. The clatter of sticks against the end boards from his teammates was drowned out by the booing from the fans. Some guy in the crowd threw a frozen fish, because Anchorage.

As Nick Brain sat in the box though, with not a mark on him, a message was sent to the entire SMJHL.

Don't mess with me.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332