Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT #5 - Firsts
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 12:20 AM by Ask.)

First Jump-In

It was the sixth game of the season for the Vancouver Whalers with Casimir Stevens getting all six starts in goal so far. With a 3-1-1 record there was no surprise that he was getting the sixth start as well. But after 18:32 in the first period the score was 4-1 for the Colorado Raptors and Casimir Stevens got pulled from the game with a ridiculous 3 saves from 7 shots. Enter Eddy Ask Jr. for the first time and what a game he had! In two periods he might have only faced 11 shots but after letting one in at the beginning of the second period he nailed it shut during the rest of the game. With the game still ending 5-1 for the Colorado Raptors it still ended on a positive note for the Vancouver Whalers with a backup doing his job. The future was looking promising for the young goaltender and it will be interesting to see what he can do from the beginning of a game.

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 04:06 AM by O4L.)

rip posted in here again

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

First Time getting First Star. Game 111 Lethbridge vs St.Louis.

This game was a difficult one for me as I faced 41 shots from the Scarecrows. I honestly don't even know how I managed to stop 40 of the 41 shots as they just didn't stop shooting the puck at the net. At this point in the season my play was a bit disappointing and I wanted to prove to my team that they could count on me. This game was the first time I managed to make a massive difference for my team , great enough to earn the first star of the game which was the first of my career. Some of my defencemen played really well too helping me out quite a bit in some dire circumstances to help me preserve my 0.976 Save % and ultimately by the end of the game I had felt something I had never felt before, and it was pure joy in what we as a team accomplished this evening. Being a major reason why we won this game even though we might have no deserved to makes me feel like I am an important part of this team and for me I am glad I played well enough to receive the first star of the game as a goalie.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Surprisingly Cannellini had his first point in the first minute of the first game of the season. AND that was his first shift. Cannellini unfortunately lost the faceoff against Ty Hoover to start the shift, but then was able to intercept a pass from Kiko Rytmeyr and move it out of his own zone, getting a pass off to Carlo Russo in the neutral zone which was sent to Egor Kucherov. He moved into the offensive zone and then dished it across back to Carlo Russo who was able to get a great one-time shot away to give the Whalers the lead. Pretty crazy to think about how Cannellini was able to make offense happen in his first shift of the season but only scored 18 points at the end of the season. I think there is a lot of potential with Cannellini based on this first play and first point, but he just needs to expand on the things he did in that shift and make it a more consistent deal.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Game 35 - Halifax Raiders  raiders  vs Detroit Falcons  Falcons

My First Goal

I was fortunate to score a few goals this season. As a pass first kind of guy, I never would have expected to surpass the ten goal mark, but despite that, my most memorable of the regular season was definitely my first. And against who else but the Halifax Raiders? This was early on in the season of course, a far cry from our heated playoff series, and I can remember the goal like it was yesterday. Perry Morgan took an interference penalty against me, which obviously was no big deal, he doesn't really hit that hard anyway, so we were on the powerplay. We went right to work. I remember winning the faceoff cleanly against Kristers Dzelme in their zone, and oh man, they were chasing the puck around the zone like headless chickens, they couldn't come close. We were zipping it across the ice, it was around midway through the first but the ice felt fresh for some reason, I'm probably remembering that wrong, but we felt good in our set up, moving the D around. Eventually Skotts gets it over to Big Dicks who rips one just wide. I'm the first to react to it, I wheel back around to the slot, they didn't engage me for some reason and I wristed one just wide. Fuck, I was so close with that - I figured the chance was gone and the puck would ring around the boards but it crept up and hit the stanchion, it dropped right where it hit and I was first to get it behind the net. The keeper had no clue and was just off his post and I managed to tuck it in on the wrap-around. A bit of a lucky one, but they all count, and I potted 11 of them in the regular season.

[Image: H5SPYp4.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
[Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

You could say Nikolai Evans was the first player in this draft class to celebrate a “first.” In his first time through the draft process, Evans was selected first overall by the Montrael Militia to start the S45 SMJHL Entry Draft. In some ways, this was a surprise to Evans, as many a pundit expected Borromini Cannellini to be Montreal’s pick thanks to his connections with the organization. Instead, the Militia selected Evans, pointing to his proud heritage as the son of Zach Evans and Ekaterina Rudnikova and their need for an offensive defenseman.

Soon, the S46 SHL Draft will be upon us. Nikolai was ecstatic with his draft position in the SMJHL Draft, but has worked all season to prove it was a worthwhile selection for Montreal. Now, he looks to take it one step further and prove he deserves merit as the first overall pick of the SHL Draft, which we now know belongs to the Hamilton Steelhawks. Only time will tell if this actually plays out, but young Nikolai, as always, is confident.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page