PBE Welfare

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: pt5.png]

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

On day 40 of the SMJHL's 45th season, Billy Sorokin, the rookie goaltender for the St. Louis Scarecrows got the call to make his third start of the season against the Montreal Militia. Locked in a tight race for playoff position, the Crows were in need of a hot streak, and Sorokin helped get the ball rolling with the best performance of his young career. Stopping all 17 shots he faced in three periods of play, Sorokin earned the first shutout of both his young career as well as the Crows season. The game also marked the first win of the netminder's time in the SMJHL, making the game a very special one for multiple reasons. "Is good to play well and get win for team," says the Russian. "I have been disappoint to struggle, but now am play good hockey behind good team. No more goalie struggles for team." Sorokin is of course referencing his prior appearances as his struggles, when he let in 11 goals on just 43 shots in 2 starts and a relief appearance. Sorokin backed up his big game with another gem one day later, stopping 26 of the Vancouver Whaler's 27 shots in a 5-1 Crows victory. The big game brings the goalie's save percentage up to a respectable .862, and mark a major rallying point for the rest of his rookie season that was looking lost up until the performance against Montreal.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

There was a moment this season where Bobby Sharp's confidence waned. A 5 game point-less streak with his team losing 3 of them. That isn't the kind of production you expect from a forward on the top line. That's when his coach approached him with an opportunity to get out of this slump - powerplay time. It was a spot on 2nd unit defensive unit, possibly the last spot a forward would expect to land, but Sharp shined. The very next game, Sharp experienced his first powerplay shift. The very first penalty of the game happened only 2:15 in, and the defensemen who play on the first unit were dog tired from their shift so Sharp was up. After a dump by the St. Louis penalty killers, and with his normal linemates skating in front of him, Sharp executed a smooth zone entry before setting up Nolan Sawchuk in the offensive zone. Sawchuk scoped the area out and saw Sharp still cruising towards the net on the back door. He executed a flawless intentional missed shot off the lively boards that Sharp picked up and stuffed home for his first powerplay goal on his first powerplay shift of the season. Sharp went on to notch an assist on a 2nd period powerplay and an even strength goal in the second as well for his first 3 point game of the season too. A great way to break out of a slump.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

It was Vents very first game in the league. He didn't know what to expect stepping out onto the ice. Their first game was home thankfully and they were playing the Anchorage Armada. Vent had always dreamed of scoring a point in his very first game and how amazing that would be. That was just a dream to Vent and he cleared his thoughts of the crazy dream to get ready for his first game. The game was really fast and very physical. Anchorage was firing on all cylinders tonight scoring 5 goals before the Knights could get one. When the Knights finally scored Vent felt somewhat better knowing they didn't get shutout on their opening home night. Vent remembers the play that he got his first point on. He had just collected the puck from his zone and was skating up to center ice. He saw his forward Vladislav Konstantin skating fast getting past his defensemen. Vent fired a pass to Konstantin who collected to pass and was able to pass across the crease to forward Shouta Aizawa who buried the puck into the net. Even though the score was 5-2 Vent was extremely excited to have scored a point in his first game as a Knight.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Gabster TheMagnificent - Detroit Falcons
It was Tuesday, January 15 against the Anchorage Armada, it was a night to remember.

Gabster knew that this day would be special, breakfast was good, morning skate just felt right. When everything you have worked for seems to finally pay off. Yeah, it was this kind of day for our rookie.
After loosing 6 back to back faceoffs, he thought that the good day was slowly slipping through his fingers. But good word from the coach gave him the little boost that he needed.

Almost half way throught the 2nd period, a beautiful setup between Jimmy Cahill, Emil Olsson and Gabster, shooting for the first time in the game, gave him the first goal of the game and put his team in front 1-0.
Working on adrenaline for the rest of the game, Gabster went to win his next 6 faceoffs and was a huge part of the Falcons win this night. Enough to be named the first star of the game.

Yeah, it was a night to remember.

In just his 2nd game of the regular season Karlstraße Scholz registered his first point. A primary assist on a short handed goal by Nolan Sawchuk late in the 1st period to tie the game 2-2. The Knights would go on to win that game. Assists aren't too sexy though so instead let's look for that first goal. It didn't take long, as just one game later the young Luxembourger tasted twine for the first time after firing a rocket past rookie Armada netminder Hank Scorpio. Credited with the assists were fellow rookies Nathan Explosion and Dick Clapper. This would mark the first of nine goals scored by the rookie defender on the season. A blue liner with a focus on shooting the puck over passing it this marked the first time his play style was on full display. The Knights would go on to win that game 5-2. This was the 3rd meeting in as many games against the Armada and the 3rd of 5 straight games against the Anchorage squad. Kelowna would go on to win the 4th game as well before dropping the 5th game finishing the odd 5 game series to start the season with a record of 3-2. Karlstraße would add another assist in game 4 for a total of 1 goal and 2 assists over the 5 game stint. Knights

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

PBE PT

[Image: wHACKER.png]

My First. Well the first thing I remember about my first game, was the noise. I've played in big arenas before, but the noise that came out of that place, was almost like the World Junior finals. But this is not what I remember most. What I remember most is my first blocked shot. I did not have an understanding of simply how hard some of these guys can rip the puck. I can fully understand why guys sidestep the puck when some of defenseman rip these things. Hell I am impressed that goalies can even stop these guys most of the time. I definitely walked away from that game with a few more bruises than I thought, but it taught me a lesson about how much effort these guys put into playing this game. I know I will have plenty more bombs from the point I will have the displeasure of stopping with some part of my body, here is hoping I am able to prevent the shot in the first place though.

[Image: Off.gif]

Let's set the scene.

It's game 18 of the season. Rookie goalie Lee Marshall has only played in 3 games so far, and he's fighting for every last opportunity he can get. Marshall gets the call, and you can bet he's got his game face on and ready to go. With 10:38 left in the first period, a shot gets fired at Marshall. He tucks it in, and the ref blows the whistle. However, it's then that an Outlaws player, fighting to get the puck away from Marshall, jabs him in the gut with the blade of the stick. Marshall is pissed, and the refs don't call a penalty. It's then that Marshall decides to take it in to his own hands. He levels that Outlaws player with a vicious slash, before calling out the whole Outlaws team in front of him. A scrum starts, and all the players on the ice jump in to get their teammates out of there before mass penalties are handed out.

When the dust settles, Marshall is handed a 4:00 Slashing Double Minor. Bernard Freeman serves the penalty, and the coach is NOT happy as his top line LW is sent to the box for 4 minutes. Marshall and his coach talk at the bench, and the decision is made to leave Marshall in. This incident ignited the fuse in Marshall, and he went on a tear to close out the rest of the game, finishing with a .909 Sv% and a 2.00 GAA. The team also rallied after this, allowing only 5 shots in the 3rd, and 2 shots in the 2nd for Anaheim.

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]

There were many firsts this year to pick from; first goal, first assist, first time the fans chanted my name. There was the first time I stepped on the ice as captain of this young team, or even the first time I cried in the hotel after a couple of losses. The most memorable first from this year has to be my first playoff goal. I know things were rough this year and we left playoffs early but opening the scoring in an elimination game on home ice. wow. I couldn't hear my own thoughts between the cheers of my team and the roar of the crowd. I wish we could have fought for longer, but you know I'll be hungrier next year. I think there has to be more firsts for next year to round out my game. Maybe my first fight? Get that grit that my team needs. But i'm definitely looking for my first hat trick. Its coming. I promise.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

First Time First Star:

In the Anaheim Outlaws 24th game of it's inaugural season they faced off against the Detroit Falcons in Detroit. This would be a milestone game for rookie right wing Collin Gibbles. The Outlaws would defeat the Falcons 4-3 in a shootout. Gibbles had an impressive game; scoring one goal and one assist to secure the first star of the game. This would bring Gibbles to 16 points in the season as he began climbing the Rookie scoring ladder. Gibbles played just shy of 20 minutes in his recent promotion to the Outlaw's first line. This would be one of many games where the pairing of Gibbles, Bohne,& Fujikawa would combine to lead their team scoring since his promotion. Earning the first star in this game would be the beginning of Gibbles showing the league that he was here to succeed on the ice. This post game honor will hopefully be the first of many Gibbles will win in his career.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 05:49 PM by jaimeac.)

[Image: T0xnY5J.png?1]

It didn't take long for Brennan Kennedy Jr. to experience what it's like to win a game in the SMJHL. He enjoyed his first win, and his clubs first win in only the 3rd game of the season. They managed this beating the Halifax Raiders 3-2. The only team that really gave the Lions a run for their money for the position of dead last in the league. It was everything he and his teammates thought it would be as they returned to Lethbridge to a huge group of people awaiting their arrival at the airport. You would of thought they won the 4 Star Cup with the reception the got. It wouldn't be their only win of the season, but it would be close to it as the team struggled immensly during their innagural season. However, things are looking up for next season and hopefully him and his teammates will be able to experience many more wins in the teams 2nd season.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Ah yes, my first goal. I remember like it was just yesterday. We were playing at home against those bastard Vancouver Whalers and their loudmouth goalie Casimir Stevens. He was talking all sorts of trash about Mikey before the game, and I knew I could shut him up. So Oleg Scoreov (god rest his soul) missed the net and I picked it up and fired it top shelf over Casimir's shoulder. A twine seeking missile. Horn sounded, the fans went nuts and I kid you not, every man had an erection. Not only that, but all of the women spontaneously began ovulating right there. This really happened! So I skated over to Casimir, shook his hand and told em "it's only business". He looked at me funny so I asked him "do you know where you're at buddeh? You're in my arena. I just scored on you". At this point, Casimir called me many vulgarities that I wouldn't dare repeat. Thank you, this was my TED Talk.

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect