Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT #5 - Firsts

My first goal was off a bunch of shots in a row. Happened in the middle of a hectic game against Detroit, the goaltender had just been given a game misconduct a few minutes before and at the end of the period there was a massive scrum. But back to the goal, we had skated in after winning a face off in our zone, like really rocketing towards the other end. I take my first shot and it ends up going off the post, was a real shame too because I was an absolute rockets. Anyways one of our guys gets it right back to me and I take my second shot that goes off a defender in front and I secretly thank him because if that shot had ended up as my first goal I would have had to assume another identity and live the rest of my life playing hockey in some small town where nobody has even heard of the Vancouver Whalers. Luckily though, everyone on ice gave me a second chance to fire another rocket, and what a rocket it was as it easily went 300,000 miles per hour and went right into the net high glove side. Anyways it was obviously a great time for everyone, except for Detroit I guess but they don't count.

Commander Shepard has always wanted to be a clutch player. Despite a slow start to his career Commander Shepard's first goal was an important one. IN game 88 vs the Lethbridge Lions, Commander Shepard scored his first goal. The Lions took the lead in the first and held it till the second. The entire 3rd line of rookies was involved in this play. 

It started with an interception by Hans Zucker in the neutral zone who moved it to O'Dowd who then brought it into the zone. He then passed it to Svensson. Who lost the puck briefly but had close puck support from Commander Shepard who picked it up behind the net. A classic behind the net passing play commenced from Shepard, to Hall, to O'Dowd, to Zucker, back to Svensson and a beautiful through the legs pass by Svensson met Shepard's stick in the slot who roofed it top shelf to end the beautiful passing play by the entire team. It was also Shepard's first game tying goal and inspired the team to a 6-4 win.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

I think I do remember very well my first fight. It was Game 181. Halifax came to Anaheim for a game that they sadly ended up winning but in the end, it was actually more important to see my first go. I caught some guy from the corner of my eye holes, he said something about how it was my time to show what I was worth for. So he dropped his gloves. For a second there, I thought about my training, how I usually used a sword... I kind of realized that it'd probably end up poorly if I went after the guy with a stick, so I did the same, dropped my gloves... kind of ended up showing one of my arms wasn't exactly... uh... well, with skin.

That probably shocked him a bit, so I had the first shot. All I recall is sort of disappearing in front of him, only to show up behind, grab him, leap upwards and...

[Image: 798E48D83873600475DF7A56A0255832D356B50D]
An artist's rendition.

I mean, it's a good thing the SMJHL has some amazing medics and those skater helmets are sturdy as all hell. I kind of want to do it again at some point.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Parker Smeb had always been the best Smeb. Dating back to the Smebs time in Korea he was always the most skilled, hardest hitter, best defender and best looking of all the Smebs. The problem for Parker is he had never had a hat trick before, he'd had 4, 5 , 6 even 7 goal games in Korea but never finished the game with that elusive 3 goals that he so desired. Scoring a hat trick has been Parkers goal all season and he had multiple two goal games but couldn't quite score the third. Parkers regular season was coming to an end and all his hope of scoring a hat trick this year seemed lost when his coach took him off the PP in favor of some random. But that all changed in game 3 of Lethbridge vs Colorado, the Raptors were down 3-0 heading into the second, Parker decided this was his chance, he scored 2 goals in the second as the Raptors managed to cut the lead down to 1 heading into the third. The Raptors then tied the game early in third. Time was running out for Parker as he would likely be benched in OT so he had to make this third goal happen quick he stole the puck off JP Gays stick and rushed towards the net, he got confused about what was happening and tried to pass the puck over to Daniel Smeb and the puck bounced off the defender and in. Parker finally had his first hat trick and managed to clinch game 3 while doing it.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Have you ever wondered how your first shot would end up to be? When, where, and how it would be memorable for you? Well, for Laliberté, it was very memorable. There's not a lot of hockey player that ever scored their first goal on their first shot in the league. But Zach Laliberté did.
It was on his third game. Yes, third game. It took three game to record his first ever shot, but he's a patient guy, you see. He waited for the perfect moment to shoot and fill the net. Right as his linemate Justin Siddals won the faceoff, the perfect opening was right there. He acted quick to get the puck, locked the spot on the fivehole, and took the shot. Seconds later, it was 3-2 for the Knight, who never looked back after with a 5-2 wins againts Armada. 
So yeah, a double first. His first shot and first goal in a space of 2 seconds, but pretty darn memorable, if I say so myself.

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

What was really a special moment was my first goal. As scoring isn't really my part, I don't see the back of the net too often, so the fact I got my first goal is pretty cool. It wasn't otherwise a great night, we lost to Detroit 6-2, but it's still a memory I cherish. Mattson passed to Troy, and he out of nowhere found my stick, and boom goes the puck right behind Cedric Robinson, which is actually a starter there. My goal was really only a cosmetic change from 5-1 to 5-2 at the end of the second, but hey, don't take me my moment. For a celly, I am pretty sure I just stood there with open mouth until my teammates skated in for a hug. I know it wasn't an important moment, but it's still mine first, and what made me even happier was that we eventually turned the season at least somewhat around and ended at least with our pride intact.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

well gosh there i am waking up having a nice  cup of coffee logging on the shl my discord locker room is blowing up with praise compared to usual most days i wake up to an angry text form @Dangles13 saying hes not gonna trade me just so he can bench me for every season to come but not today i wake up to the high praise of "its completely random because of the sim but congrats on the shutout i guess" and in that moment i know i was meant to be on this team seeing him show his soft side after such a solid win it was truly i opening i now realize how much he cares for us as a Gm and a coach dangles if you are reading this i get it now you only hate me because you belive in me and want to push me to be my best youre the best GM a guy could ask for Crybaby (its a joke i know he hate me)

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

My first game winning goal was an exciting one. I had only been in the league for about 10 games and was still eager to prove myself. The second assist went out to my long time friend, Perry Morgan on Defense. First assist went to his line mate, Dominic Montgomery. 

Perry got the puck in the defensive zone and moved it out into the neutral zone with a pass to Dominic. Dominic carried it into the offensive zone and passed it to me as I got onto the ice after a line change. Perry and Dominic went to the bench. I took a shot and was able to capitalize.

I joined the league later in the season and only had one goal up to this point. It felt good to finally be able to have something to show for it and motivate me to continue getting better in the league.

Guy Zheng's First Playoff Game

After the regular seasons, expectations were high for rookie defenseman Guy Zheng. The Knights finished the season in 3rd place, much higher than anyone expected. The rookie was ready to prove himself on the big stage for the first time. The first matchup is against the St. Louis Scarecrows, and this matchup has gone very well for the Knights this season; however, St Louis had the excuse that they had started their backup goalie for all of their games against Kelowna. The game was nail biter that should not have been close, with the Scarecrows only winning 4-3 despite outshooting the Knights 37-15. Zheng did not make a strong impression, and ended the game pointless and with a +/- of -3. If Zheng wants his first playoff series to go well, now is about time to turn it on and regain his regular season form.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

01-31-2019, 08:26 PMAtlasHunter Wrote: well gosh there i am waking up having a nice  cup of coffee logging on the shl my discord locker room is blowing up with praise compared to usual most days i wake up to an angry text form @Dangles13 saying hes not gonna trade me just so he can bench me for every season to come but not today i wake up to the high praise of "its completely random because of the sim but congrats on the shutout i guess" and in that moment i know i was meant to be on this team seeing him show his soft side after such a solid win it was truly i opening i now realize how much he cares for us as a Gm and a coach dangles if you are reading this i get it now you only hate me because you belive in me and want to push me to be my best youre the best GM a guy could ask for Crybaby (its a joke i know he hate me)
Benched times infinity

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

For Jøln DuBølk, scoring a bunch of goals isn't what he's meant to do. During a regular season game against Anchorage, he changed that by scoring his first career SMJHL point. Around 3 minutes after the beginning of the third period, his defensive pair, Donny McMasters swipes a puck from Maxime Bouchard, who then makes a sprint up the ice and passes the puck to Roger Bastion. Bastion took the shot but misses the net and the puck lands in front of DuBølk. DuBølk takes the shot...and to his surprise, he scores. Before he knows it, the goal horn is blaring, the crowd is cheering, and his teammates on the ice surrounded him for a congratulatory celebration.

At that moment, DuBølk knew he had found his calling. He had gotten to know a bunch of new people that he knew he would be good friends with for a long time, and even in the worst of times, would support him through and through.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

16 games, that's how long it took for Daniel Smeb to have his first game where he finished with above 50% on faceoffs. It occured in game 76 vs the Montreal Militia. It was a good game overall for Daniel Smeb and the Raptors as they won the game 2-1. Daniel also not only had his first game above 50% faceoffs but eclipsed it by quite a bit going 8 for 13 at the dot for a 61.5%. Coming into the SMJHL, Daniel knew face offs were one of the weaker parts of his game, but he didn't know he'd struggle this much against SMJHL talent. Because of this he worked hard to improve at this part of his game as well as trying to get stronger. Hopefully this game was a sign of his improvement and he will continue this success at the dot, or maybe Montreal's centers are just even worse than him and he's still trash at faceoffs.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Game 79 - Detroit Falcons Falcons versus the Kelowna Knights  Knights

I took a while into the season, but Kalvins Zvejnieks finally got his first SHL goal. He hadn't taken many shots in the season at this point, and was excelling in his role as a shutdown center on the Falcon's second line. At this point, the game was 3-1 for the Falcons at the start of the 3rd period, and the faceoff was in the knights zone. Zvejnieks won the faceoff, sending the puck sideways to be picked up by Franz Cooper, who immediately sliced the puck across the back-line to defender Stolp Skottson. Zvejnieks sat in front of the crease to provide a screen, and Skottson blasted a slap-shot a little to the left of the net. The puck bounced off of the back boards and just out in front, where Zvejnieks scrambled to fight off a Knight's defender and lift the puck up over the butterflying Vivian Leblanc. Further putting the game out of reach for the Knights, the goal would help add to a convincing 5-1 win by the time the final buzzer sounded.

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 05:43 PM by Tomasnz. Edit Reason: Forgot to put the actual game reference )

My first game...

It was the 9th game of the season(game 42), I had been sitting on the bench watching the team get off to an okay start with veteran goalie Hank Scorpio tending net. It was against the new team the outlaws that I got my chance to show my teams mates what I could actually do out on the ice. It was an amazing night at a home Anchorage crowd, we smashed them 5-1 and it felt as if everyone was playing in complete unison. I only had to face  shots all night, but only let one of those past, to cap an amazing defensive effort by the entire team. These are some of the moments that I remember from that night; my first touch was actually recovering a dumped puck almost off the first play of the game, felt great to have the puck for a moment straight off the bat; my first save was a 1-2-1-2-shoot move that I was all over and caught in my glove; I remember being a lot happier with my glove to start that game and don't remember using my stick to control much untill the 3rd period when it was all I could do to get it in the way to stop a shot by, I think it was Tye?, Who then picked it back up and he and his mates peppered me until one finally got past a minute later, which was my first goal against, annoying, but I guess we were 4 up at the time so not too much to worry about I guess. It was a great first game and the team since then have gotten behind me as the starter and been a great group all season to play with on the ice.

GO BOATS.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

First goalie penalty. Oh, I have to, this is so funny. Game 4 in Round 2 of the playoffs, series 2-1 to Anchorage. At 2:22 in the first, I end up just ramming into Anchorage's goaltender, Peter Larson. Went for a screen and end up (somehow?) just leveling him. Crash to the ground, etc. He seemed fine to me. Play continues. Guess he wasn't so fine, because over the course of the next six shots we got on him, he ended up giving up 4 of them as goals. Gotta love it. 6-4 win. It's times like these that make you feel important, when you're a physical blue liner. This is when you make it matter, the times when you can help your team out. Eh, they ended up pulling him and then saying he was concussed, I think he's got some other shit going on with him. But no matter. We won the series. That's what really matters.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars