Create Account

SMJHL Conflict of Interest Rule Update
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 05:18 PM by bilbo.)

In light of recent event we are updating the conflict of interest rules for the SMJHL. The TL:DR of the new rules are as follows:

- If a user has an active player and are involved in the management of an SMJHL team, they must play for the team they manage
- Management positions now extend to anyone involved in the discussion of Lines/Trades/Drafting etc.
- Rules regarding drafting GMs now extend to all management positions

In other news we have released stage one of our rulebook rewrite. It is now actually readable

Along with updating existing rules to include these changes, the following rule has been added to the rulebook

Code:
If a user holds a team management position while also having a player active in the SMJHL, that player must play for the team that the user holds the management position for.
Any attempt to circumvent these rules will carry the following punishment:
   Loss of a 1st round pick if the user in question does not play for the team

We will be allowing teams until the SMJHL draft to resolve any conflicts that this rule may bring

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Good rule change

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

very quick action. very good Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

good change.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Sure.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Least give it more thought.

It's hard af to get coaching jobs, esp playing for a team too. Generally you have to be or some alumni thing.

This is bullshit.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Doesn’t this only work if teams are obliged to name their management team each season?

Otherwise where is the line from friendly advice from an alumni become a informal coaching position?

Happy with the Rule, but it needs a follow up in my opinion where teams announce their full management team each season. (Teams being able to manage however they like. Sole gm, co gms, sole gm with inner circle, whatever..)

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

01-27-2019, 06:24 PMTomasnz Wrote: Doesn’t this only work if teams are obliged to name their management team each season?

Otherwise where is the line from friendly advice from an alumni become a informal coaching position?

Happy with the Rule, but it needs a follow up in my opinion where teams announce their full management team each season. (Teams being able to manage however they like. Sole gm, co gms, sole gm with inner circle, whatever..)

That's been discussed by GMs & HO. How it's implemented remains to be determined.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 07:07 PM by O4L.)

1. If a player is undrafted in the SHL Entry Draft, they return to juniors as a SMJHL Free Agent. The type of player determines how they may be signed.
2. These players are NOT send-downs. They do NOT qualify for ANY SHL Point Tasks, Training, or anything a send-down would qualify to complete. They are also NOT SMJHL Rookies. They may do SMJHL weekly training and Activity Checks ONLY. Undrafted SMJHL players may NOT complete SMJHL Point Tasks or Team Training Camp.
3. A SMJHL player must enter the SHL via draft. A player may not bypass the SMJHL to sign directly to an SHL team. A player may not declare themselves ineligible for either the SMJHL or SHL Draft (i.e. may not declare themselves Free Agents).

This rule needs to be changed next. It's a rule just to have a rule with no real purpose. If a player is inactive his junior year and for whatever reason goes undrafted and comes back then he is basically forced into retirement or is two seasons behind his peers. It used to be any player whose draft year had past could do SHL pts regardless of whether they were drafted or not. I get that we don't want undrafted SHL players signing with SHL teams but I can't recall it ever being a problem and at most happened every few seasons. IMO its much better to allow these players to sign with w/e team they want than it is forcing them to wait another year of doing absolutely nothing or retiring since they already got screwed over by not being picked.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

01-27-2019, 07:06 PMO4L Wrote: 1. If a player is undrafted in the SHL Entry Draft, they return to juniors as a SMJHL Free Agent. The type of player determines how they may be signed.
2. These players are NOT send-downs. They do NOT qualify for ANY SHL Point Tasks, Training, or anything a send-down would qualify to complete. They are also NOT SMJHL Rookies. They may do SMJHL weekly training and Activity Checks ONLY. Undrafted SMJHL players may        NOT complete SMJHL Point Tasks or Team Training Camp.
3. A SMJHL player must enter the SHL via draft. A player may not bypass the SMJHL to sign directly to an SHL team. A player may not declare themselves ineligible for either the SMJHL or SHL Draft (i.e. may not declare themselves Free Agents).

This rule needs to be changed next. It's a rule just to have a rule with no real purpose. If a player is inactive his junior year and for whatever reason goes undrafted and comes back then he is basically forced into retirement or is two seasons behind his peers. It used to be any player whose draft year had past could do SHL pts regardless of whether they were drafted or not. I get that we don't want undrafted SHL players signing with SHL teams but I can't recall it ever being a problem and at most happened every few seasons. IMO its much better to allow these players to sign with w/e team they want than it is forcing them to wait another year of doing absolutely nothing or retiring since they already got screwed over by not being picked.

an ANC player got wrecked by this a few seasons ago. No budge on it.

Also, management drafting rule is super flimsy and gonna be abused every draft on the recreates. Not sure why that is even included tbh. If they really want to help manage a team they can work a trade out after the draft to get them into the LR. Rule about conflict stands on its own, don't need to change drafting rules at all IMO.

This needs to have a limit placed on how many people are allowed in "management", otherwise you're allowing teams to potentially just stack up top players with 2nd round picks. What's to stop a team from having a 7 person management team? And now all 7 of those players get auto drafted in the 2nd round if they have an SMJHL player.

Add a limit, make each team list their management each season, and you would need to limit turnover at the positions.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Five SHL dollars to the person who can explain me how on earth you will possibly enforce this in a realistic manner.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-27-2019, 07:22 PMSymmetrik Wrote: This needs to have a limit placed on how many people are allowed in "management", otherwise you're allowing teams to potentially just stack up top players with 2nd round picks. What's to stop a team from having a 7 person management team? And now all 7 of those players get auto drafted in the 2nd round if they have an SMJHL player.

Add a limit, make each team list their management each season, and you would need to limit turnover at the positions.

I still have a "management" tag in Detroit Discord as a former GM of the team. My input was minimal, at best, and I recused myself entirely ahead of the last J Draft, but they've let me keep the tag. If this rule existed as written a season ago, they would have been stupid to not claim I was a "coach" and draft me in the second round. Same with Montreal and ArGar, Jenny and Kelowna, etc.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-27-2019, 07:23 PMztevans Wrote: Five SHL dollars to the person who can explain me how on earth you will possibly enforce this in a realistic manner.
Ban everyone

[Image: Jepox.gif]

01-27-2019, 07:25 PMztevans Wrote:
01-27-2019, 07:22 PMSymmetrik Wrote: This needs to have a limit placed on how many people are allowed in "management", otherwise you're allowing teams to potentially just stack up top players with 2nd round picks. What's to stop a team from having a 7 person management team? And now all 7 of those players get auto drafted in the 2nd round if they have an SMJHL player.

I still have a "management" tag in Detroit Discord as a former GM of the team.  My input was minimal, at best, and I recused myself entirely ahead of the last J Draft, but they've let me keep the tag.  If this rule existed as written a season ago, they would have been stupid to not claim I was a "coach" and draft me in the second round.  Same with Montreal and ArGar, Jenny and Kelowna, etc.

Tomen with ANC too. You could do it with non alumni too if you really wanted. Literally you can just pick a player and have them essentially bypass the draft to be an auto 2nd rounder.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]