Create Account

Simplify IIHF intake rules.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 09:28 PM by Avakael.)

Instead of declaring allegiances from square one without properly meeting anyone, leading to irritating regulatory issues about transfer caps and shenanigans about tampering and whatnot, just ignore birthplaces entirely, and let all IIHF GMs and teams chat freely to SMJHL rookies over the course of the introductory SMJHL season. Then, players pick their IIHF allegiances freely any time after the first SMJHL regular season is over. That way, everyone gets a shot at making a pitch, and we don't have to play an annoying juggling act to balance out teams because half the league sets their birthplace to Canada or the USA.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

not terrible

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

This and similar systems have been talked about multiple times by the fed heads. Doesn't look like anything will ever change though. USA and Canada have to remain the giants apparently

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

01-28-2019, 09:45 PMNobody Wrote: This and similar systems have been talked about multiple times by the fed heads. Doesn't look like anything will ever change though. USA and Canada have to remain the giants apparently

yeah .... the powers that be want the big squirrels to have all the nuts...

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Well, I'm a team USA guy, and I can firmly say that "having all the nuts" doesn't mean dick when we can't win a game in the knock-out stage anyway.

Fuck realism!! Why even call them countries?? Just start a new league in he offseason where people get to play with their friends!! Remove IIHF and start the super friends everyone fun tournament

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I still want to start a sendup IIHF "second tier" league with politically incorrect teams like Australia, North Korea, Nigeria, Brazil, Mexico, etc.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 11:22 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

I disagree quite strongly, the IIHF shouldn't be some fantasy-style pickup league where people just choose to play with whoever happens to be their buddies early on - which most likely will be someone from their junior team or draft class channel in the case of first-gens, which already makes the process quite flawed and, in my opinion, biased. The birthplace/nationality system is what makes the IIHF at least somewhat unique and what makes it an international competition in the first place. The fact that there is a certain luck of the draw to it is part to the whole process and actually part of the fun - and if people really are unhappy with where they ended up, there still is the transfer system.

I quite like that the IIHF is different, that it is rooted in the "characters" that people created and their biographic details, that you meet new people and talk to members that you otherwise would never have interacted with, hell maybe even share an LR and reconcile with someone that you've had run ins with elsewhere on the boards. Even the asymmetry, the fact that some teams are much stronger than others and likely always will be, is part of the fun for me. It's not like it can't be overcome either, we have seen quite a few small nations have remarkable success over the years thanks to the committment of the people in charge and the underdogs beat the giants quite regularly.

By the way with expansion happening pretty much everywhere, isn't it time for the very first IIHF expansion as well. Team Switzerland plus one other team, maybe?

01-28-2019, 09:45 PMNobody Wrote: This and similar systems have been talked about multiple times by the fed heads. Doesn't look like anything will ever change though. USA and Canada have to remain the giants apparently

Maybe they should fucking mention it for us plebs instead of waiting around until either they decide to do the thing or they just forget about it?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

This is why I pick countries I know do not hold rights so in the end, GMs would approach the free players. Speaking of being a free player. I will start looking into offers to play for IIHF teams Smile Send bribes to me Smile

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

01-28-2019, 11:21 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I disagree quite strongly, the IIHF shouldn't be some fantasy-style pickup league where people just choose to play with whoever happens to be their buddies early on - which most likely will be someone from their junior team or draft class channel in the case of first-gens, which already makes the process quite flawed and, in my opinion, biased. The birthplace/nationality system is what makes the IIHF at least somewhat unique and what makes it an international competition in the first place. The fact that there is a certain luck of the draw to it is part to the whole process and actually part of the fun - and if people really are unhappy with where they ended up, there still is the transfer system.

I quite like that the IIHF is different, that it is rooted in the "characters" that people created and their biographic details, that you meet new people and talk to members that you otherwise would never have interacted with, hell maybe even share an LR and reconcile with someone that you've had run ins with elsewhere on the boards. Even the asymmetry, the fact that some teams are much stronger than others and likely always will be, is part of the fun for me. It's not like it can't be overcome either, we have seen quite a few small nations have remarkable success over the years thanks to the committment of the people in charge and the underdogs beat the giants quite regularly.

By the way with expansion happening pretty much everywhere, isn't it time for the very first IIHF expansion as well. Team Switzerland plus one other team, maybe?

Trying to "play with your buddies" is literally what happens anyway, dude. We just make it excessively complicated. This is still a one off choice, it's just a one off choice made after a couple months instead of within 15 minutes of appearing on the site.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The fact that new members are persuaded to choose a nation without knowing the weight of the decision is a bit slimy. IIHF heads promise the world to these recruits with the only intent of making their nation stronger rather than looking out for the new members best interest. It is unfortunate that such a long term decision is made within minutes of joining the league.

Why not just do this process as suggested for the players that create from birthplaces with no alfiliation or none at all. Leave the system as is for all other players with federation birth places.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

The UK has won gold more recently than both the US and Canada, and Ireland has won the last three golds. If you were going for a sympathy angle, this ain't it, chief.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

usa usa usa

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]