Create Account

A Moment with Laraque Pre-Draft

We had a moment to catch up with Joseph Laraque following a training session with his power skating coach. Laraque is positioned to be drafted into the NWJHL soon and is projected as a top 10 pick. Known for his shot he is an offensive dynamo with the puck on his stick. He will look to bounce back from his mediocre season in the NCAA.

How do you feel you compare to this year's draft class of forwards?

"I feel like I'm right there with most of them; if you look at my numbers this year and last it speaks for itself in that respect. There are a lot of awesome players this year, but I feel I can compete with the best of them."

How would you describe your game?

"One hundred percent offense, one hundred percent of the time. Hah... not really. I do think I have a strong offensive game, but I pride myself on my work in the defensive zone too."

What do you say to the scouts who doubt you based on your season with UNH last year? Many believe you'd be smarter to stay another year.

"Where to start... First of all I don't believe I was put in a situation to succeed with the U last year. Coach wasn't too kind when it came to younger players who didn't agree with his old school mentalities. Staying another year just isn't the right decision for me, hell I proved enough in a 3rd line role anyways with my.. what 25 points in 36 games? I don't think I need to prove anything to anyone."

As for the upcoming NWJHL Draft... Do you see yourself going in a particular range? Or maybe a particular team you'd like to be a part of?

"I don't like to worry too much about stuff like that. The SWJHL Draft doesn't ultimately determine where you're going to spend the rest of your career, so I'll be happy wherever I get drafted. In the same respect I'm not partial to any team, I'll train hard and give it my all for whoever drafts me."

In a recent prospect profile your coach at UNH mentioned you were addicted to the video game Fortnite, will this get in your way?

"Souza... Aren't coaches supposed to be mostly positive when it comes to interviews? Yes I do play my fair share of video games, but in no way will it become an issue. Plus if I didn't play Fortnite where would I get ideas for my incredible cellys?"

What are your hockey aspirations for your career?

"My dream goal is to be a part of a Challenge Cup winning team. Ever since I started playing hockey I've dreamed about raising that cup one day. I'd also like to represent my country at the highest level and be an impact player. Lastly, as my own personal aspiration I'd like to be a premier top line forward in the SHL."

Stepping away from hockey, what do you think you'd be doing if you weren't playing hockey? Favorite music? Favorite movie?

"If I wasn't playing hockey... doesn't sound like a good time to me. I think I'd be a carpenter or in some type of trade, I really like working with my hands. Favorite movie is obviously Miracle... can't go wrong with the classic 1980's United States Olympic hockey team success story. As for music I like to listen to a little bit of everything, generally depends on whatever mood I'm in."

What would you like to leave the GMs with before the Draft?

"Wherever I end up, I will make a difference. I work hard in training and on the ice to perform at my best and help my team succeed. Whoever drafts me will not be disappointed with the end result."

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

I'm looking forward to seeing where you end up, I smell a top pick

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

01-30-2019, 12:05 PMblix900 Wrote: Plus if I didn't play Fortnite where would I get ideas for my incredible cellys?"
First round material shitpost right there

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

*whistle* AGAIN

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]