Create Account

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 21: I Hate the Chiefs Edition

Got a lot of questions and the first round has ended, so let's talk about what is next in the SHL!

Topics include:

1:00 I'm fucking coooold
2:45 Talking Samee's Colorado punishment
4:20 Odegard re-signing and Minny getting San Francisco's 1st rounder
10:10 Talking up the SHL on NHL 2004
11:45 SMJHL "conflict of interest" rule
13:20 Talking SHL and SMJHL playoffs (Round 2)
17:10 Montreal is my sworn enemy and Vancouver must destroy them
20:00 Are videos changing the media game?
23:30 Discussing my great round 1 predictions (also discussing playoff performances)
26:40 Last movie I saw
29:10 Preliminary first round SHL mock draft

Thanks @kit @Mike Izzy @Inf1d3l and @slothfacekilla for questions.

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 21

All Past Beancasts

Also please listen to the following current podcasts/articles:

Rich and Adam do a Podcast
The Tribute I Will Regret Making
The Nameless and Shameless Podcast
With a Bowl of R1c3
The Big Slappy Hour
The BuzzKill, Episode ... ????
Calgary's New Arena Video

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Malibu's Most Wanted lmao awesome. Got me through the end of my work day, thanks!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

loonga goomba

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

02-01-2019, 12:35 AMkit Wrote: loonga goomba

In a league where the nationalities of players' names are completely arbitrary, it is really hard to determine how the vowels are pronounced. I also defer to romance language pronunciation for any word that isn't typically American-sounding.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

02-01-2019, 12:45 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
02-01-2019, 12:35 AMkit Wrote: loonga goomba

In a league where the nationalities of players' names are completely arbitrary, it is really hard to determine how the vowels are pronounced. I also defer to romance language pronunciation for any word that isn't typically American-sounding.

Smile) I’m not tryna poke fun at your pronunciation it’s just funny to say either way it’s said

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Being drafted only four spots ahead of Pingy in your mock makes me want to end it all

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-01-2019, 01:03 AMztevans Wrote: Being drafted only four spots ahead of Pingy in your mock makes me want to end it all

@pingy cheer him up

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Jerry Mander will not be the same as Danny Foster because Foster was an enforcer and Mander is a power forward.

One small issue with your mock draft, no way Zach slides past Calgary, wherever we end up choosing. I will make sure of this.

Another great episode. Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

02-02-2019, 02:37 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: One small issue with your mock draft, no way Zach slides past Calgary, wherever we end up choosing. I will make sure of this.

You monsters.

02-02-2019, 03:04 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
02-02-2019, 02:37 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: One small issue with your mock draft, no way Zach slides past Calgary, wherever we end up choosing. I will make sure of this.

You monsters.

[Image: tumblr_ndamzqTTC11qksk74o1_500.gif]

Oh dang okay :(

02-02-2019, 05:42 PMGCool Wrote:

Oh dang okay :(

Too many good re-creates in this draft. What is a man to do?

To be fair, you need to show Jerry Mander has staying power. Your last two players have suffered from premature evaporation.

02-02-2019, 06:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
02-02-2019, 05:42 PMGCool Wrote: Oh dang okay :(

Too many good re-creates in this draft. What is a man to do?

To be fair, you need to show Jerry Mander has staying power. Your last two players have suffered from premature evaporation.

Yeah, that's certainly fair. I anticipate my stock to be mostly weighed against that.

02-02-2019, 06:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: To be fair, you need to show Jerry Mander has staying power. Your last two players have suffered from premature evaporation.

Premature evaporation is my new favorite phrase

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page