Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #135! (Goodbye, Sweet Kristaps)

[Image: porzingod-1.jpg]

We gather here to day to remember and praise a beautiful unicorn.

Kristaps Knicks’ tenure is dead. Long live Kristaps!

Anyway, in this episode we discuss one of the most lopsided trades in SHL history. We talk a bit about the Big Parm, the latest and greatest arena in pro sports. We commiserate about being bitterly cold and frozen. And , most importantly we lament (at least I lament) the moving on of a legend in the making, The Latvian Unicorn, Kristaps Porzingis

[Image: kristaps-porzingis-2015-16-action_a-G-14188492-0.jpg]

Here is The Big Slappy Hour #135!

https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/the-big-slappy-hour-135

Thanks to Lukie Luke, the Izzmeister, Zachariah, DJ Richie Rich, Darth Esa Soze and the Leppishy One for questions and comments

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

@Slappydoodle The Podcast seems to cut short right as you are about to talk about Shawshank. Other than that tho, enjoyed listening to you guys as it's been a while.

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 10:06 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

Just starting the podcast, thank you for acknowledging the vortex in the midwest (and my bitching about it in my podcast), as when you were giving out the temperature numbers, I was like "nope, go lower."

But yeah, the weather in the last week has been a nightmare for a lot of people.

Also super stoked to hear that you guys love the music I brought up a little while ago. That is the bonanza organ music from NHL 97 for the SNES, which was the first hockey game I ever owned.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

02-02-2019, 09:53 PMLeppish Wrote: @Slappydoodle The Podcast seems to cut short right as you are about to talk about Shawshank. Other than that tho, enjoyed listening to you guys as it's been a while.

Yeah, that was Bonk doing his abrupt ending thing. He loves that. In his defense though, we were trying to get the episode in under an hour and fifteen so we could get it on SoundCloud without deleting 134.

As for Shawshank, it’s a wonderful movie. I love it a great deal. While I’m sure Tom Hanks would have done a great job in it, as he does in everything, I think Tim Robbins crushed it. All the actors are fantastic. Clancy Brown as the head guard is one of my personal favorites. And, of course, you can’t beat Morgan Freeman.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 10:12 PM by Leppish.)

02-02-2019, 10:05 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
02-02-2019, 09:53 PMLeppish Wrote: @Slappydoodle The Podcast seems to cut short right as you are about to talk about Shawshank. Other than that tho, enjoyed listening to you guys as it's been a while.

Yeah, that was Bonk doing his abrupt ending thing. He loves that. In his defense though, we were trying to get the episode in under an hour and fifteen so we could get it on SoundCloud without deleting 134.

As for Shawshank, it’s a wonderful movie. I love it a great deal. While I’m sure Tom Hanks would have done a great job in it, as he does in everything, I think Tim Robbins crushed it. All the actors are fantastic. Clancy Brown as the head guard is one of my personal favorites. And, of course, you can’t beat Morgan Freeman.

Clancy Brown is a great actor and has a jawline to be envious of, he's been great in everything i've seen him in. Also, you guys can make the podcasts as long as you want tbh. I always enjoy listening to them when i can. Once the winter weathers calm down and i have more free time i'll be more active in questions and such. Cheers

[Image: lebbish.gif]

02-02-2019, 10:05 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:

Any reason you guys don't upload your podcasts to an account on anchor? I have all my past podcasts uploaded on there so I don't worry about deleting them on soundcloud.

No this isn't an advertisement.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 12:23 AM by Bonk.)

02-02-2019, 11:52 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Any reason you guys don't upload your podcasts to an account on anchor? I have all my past podcasts uploaded on there so I don't worry about deleting them on soundcloud.

I know I have not thought about doing that. TBH I did not even know we could do that.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

02-03-2019, 12:18 AMBonk Wrote:
02-02-2019, 11:52 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Any reason you guys don't upload your podcasts to an account on anchor? I have all my past podcasts uploaded on there so I don't worry about deleting them on soundcloud.

I know I have not thought about doing that. TBH I did not even know we could do that.

Well, now you know:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10071841]

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 12:58 AM by ArGarBarGar.)

02-03-2019, 12:44 AMSlappydoodle Wrote:
02-03-2019, 12:18 AMBonk Wrote: I know I have not thought about doing that. TBH I did not even know we could do that.

Well, now you know:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10071841]

The greatest GI Joe video in existence.

If you aren't familiar with these videos, please ask about them for my next podcast.