Create Account

SMJHL S45 PT 6 - Self Evaluation

Now that the regular season has come to an end, it's time to look back upon what you've accomplished over those long 50 games.

Your Task

Written Option: Write at least 150 words reflecting on S45 so far. How did your player contribute this season? How did they do compared to how you hoped? How did they do compared to the other rookies? In what ways have they improved? What do they still need to work on?

Graphic Option: Make an infographic highlighting your player's season. Must include at least 4 stats from the SIM.

Reward

4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S45 SMJHL Rookies (S46 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline Sunday 2/10 @ 10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 01:11 PM by gordieboom.)

Gordie Boomhover's season exceeded my expectations. Being drafted just 87th overall, Gordie went into the season just to learn and discover, but the more games he played the more he impressed the coaching staff and he worked his way up from the fourth line to the first line in the last 3 games. He ended the season with 25 points in 50 games (12 goals and 13 assists). He ended just outside the top 10 rookies with points. His 12 goals were the highest of all rookies in St.Louis. He was second in points, behind Tyler Tougard (29) and second in assists, again behind Tyler Tougard (18). During the season Gordie improved in all areas, but mostly on defense, skating and puck handling. There is not a specific area where he needs to improve, but goal for next season is to reach the 350 cap. That should be possible, since he currently sitting at 272 TPE.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Chico Smeb had a decent season for the Colorado Raptors. For much of the season he wasn’t receiving any PP or PK time, but was later added to PP2. He also played the entire season as the 6th defenseman. With this being said, he managed 4 goals and 13 assists for 17 points on the year. Defensively he was pretty average, although did post a +3 on a pretty mediocre 7th place team.

Chico seemed to produce quite well offensively while getting the lowest ice time among dmen on the team. His low endurance stat allowed him to focus more on other parts of his game causing him to excel in the low amounts of ice time.

Expectations were low as Chico was only drafted in the 6th round, 64th overall. After a slow first half, he finished strong with 12 points in his final 20 games. Colorado should be proud of their 64th overall pick. The pick was a steal no doubt about it.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Andrej's season has ended in the second round of playoffs, beaten by Detroit 4-2. The fact that Halifax took the two games is a bit of a surprise, and looking at the beggining of the season a small miracle, I think he did more than fine. The regular season was really interesting, a story of two halfs really. The first one being absolutely horrible, the other being really good. Proudly, he managed to squeeze into the top 10 hitters of the league, and managed to outproduce what was expected based on the preseason. So, it has been a great start, now to follow it up with some more success in the post-season. There is definitely stuff to improve, expected to mostly be some productive skills like passing, some light stick handling work, and potentionally a tiny touch more checking to make sure the physical play Andrej provides stays sharp and ready for use.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 01:53 PM by lueiGi. Edit Reason: Typo fix )

Brock Emmerton's first season was S45. Throughout the 50 regular season games, Brock played on the 4th line as a LW, primarily alongside with fellow rookies Ashburn McAllister ( RW ) and Andris Dzerins ( C ). Although Emmerton had the least amount of ice time on the Armada throughout the season (438 Minutes Played, 8.75 Average Minutes Per Game), he was still able to provide some contributions to the team with 4 Goals (one of them being the GWG), 4 Assists, and 34 Hits. Although Emmerton is built more around passing the puck to his teammates than shooting the puck, when he did shoot the puck it was fairly accurate, with 16.67% shooting accuracy.

Throughout the season, Emmerton continued to train and improve his overall game. He went from 155 TPE at the beginning of the season to 248 TPE by the end of the regular season, and is currently sitting at 263 TPE.

Emmerton is looking forward to the next season, where he feels he will able to provide a lot more for the team.

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada

This season was an exciting run for Casimir Stevens, who won starting duties for the Whalers right out of the gate in his rookie season. Stevens led the Whalers to a 23-13-4 in his 42 games played. This was better than initially hoped, as Stevens was just happy to be over .500. Relative to other rookie goalies Stevens was about average, finishing 9th in sv% and 6th in GAA. The main improvements have come with the conclusion of the regular season when Stevens managed to add another 40 lbs of muscle and reflexes improving the core attributes of style control, reaction time and hand speed. Stevens still needs to work on how he utilizes his size in net, currently his main weakness. This is a point of emphasis in his weekly training sessions in the playoffs and will be a core focus come next season's draft and training camp. All in all the individual stats were not what Stevens had hoped for, seeing as he finished 1st in sv% and GAA in the preseason prospect tournament against his fellow rookies. However, Stevens does play for the only team in the league that favors it's defenders playing offense over defense. So in the end wins are really the metric Stevens prides himself on, and finishing 4th in league standings is a good rookie season to be proud of and build upon.

230 words

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Over the course of the season I put up 8 goals 6 assists for 14 points I took 72 shots and had 19 penalty minutes, but those aren't the numbers that stand out over my rookie season, the one that stands out the most is my worst in the league -21 plus/minus. "How did this come to be?" you ask, well it's quite simple for the start of the season I was on the 4th line, and we started out bad, like genuinely horrible. No one on the 4th line scored any points through the first ten games and all of us had -10 at one point. Eventually we found our groove and started putting up points, and my GM noticed my good work ethic and bumped me up to the third line. On the third line I continued at my slow pace and had many droughts throughout the season, however, right before the end of the season it wasn't just me but the entire third line that wasn't preforming all too well. Combined with our large amount of goals against through most of the season (We tightened up defensively right at the end) and bad performances I ended up with a very bad plus/minus. Now of course it isn't the best stat to judge me on but it did help me realise that I needed to work on some facets of my game and improve areas I didn't think I would need to, and I believe that it has genuinely helped me focus on being better as a player. In fact there is no better place to look than my performance in the playoffs so far, where I have 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points over 8 games, and a . . . 0 plus/minus . . . Okay I might not end up leading the league in plus/minus ever but I assure you I will never have the worst in the league again, hopefully.

Troy Reynolds rookie season was...bad. There weren't huge expectations for him since he was a 5th round pick, but Reynolds still didn't live up to my expectations for him. He only had 3 goals and 7 assists, and was a -11. Somehow, this led to Reynolds being put on the 1st line against everyone's better judgment. What Reynolds did best was perform in the playoffs. Reynolds was tied for the team lead in goals with 5, and was always there to fire the team up and show up in the clutch. He was also a very gritty player in the regular season, with 62 hits. He somehow kept it somewhat clean with only 12 penalty minutes. There is still work to do for Reynolds, as he needs to treat the regular season somewhat like the playoffs. As in he needs to score some fucking goals and rack up the points.

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 09:02 PM by Wawazat.)

S45 regular season has come to a close. And if I was inclined to looking back at those short 11 games.
Yes, "that guy Wawazat" signed with 11 games left in the regular season....that was NOT smart. A man with a plan would have signed AFTER the S45 ended so that a new player could get a jump on some of those more complicated sim things like linking updates and creating a drop down signature. And as of this writing even though I've started a thread appropriately titled "I Got Stupid Questions by Wawazat" ..I still can't seem to get the hang of doing a poll question...not even gonna mention the ton of TPE that I missed out on...but, I digress .
Getting back on point , T.T. 'Tiger' Wawazat has tried to be a good teammate, a positive supporter of all things Scarecrows Scarecrows .
He has made small strides toward being a minor contributor to the team. I'd love to able to quote you some impressive stats. ......But I got nothing ..no seriously ..nada for S45 regular season 0-0-0 and a -3(+/-)
It's surprising that I couldn't win an Insignificantly Significant player of the Game ..Maybe next season.
Currently Wawazat is the 4th line center for Scarecrows in their playoff push to secure another 4 Star Cup. 
Wawazat was able to get his first point of his career in Game 1 of this semifinal playoff series against Vancouver.( a secondary assist of Fork Spoon's 1st goal of the game.)
These minor improvements were baby steps on a very long journey. "that guy Wawazat" has to work on just about every aspect of player development in order to achieve the kind of results that he has envisioned for this career. 

(259)
Now that's done SuperBowl Baby...PATRIOTS!!!

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

To say Matt Kholin's rookie season in the SMJHL went better than expected is an understatement. The young centerman went above and beyond any expectations this season as he collected 15 goals and 17 assists, tying him to fellow rookie Raino Kyllönen at the top of the rookies scoring list with 32 points. Kholin started the season strong but he hit a slump in the mid season. He finished the season as he had started it, helping his team win the last regular season game versus Colorado. Over the course of the season, Matt Kholin improved his defensive plays, although he was the third Halifax player with the most hits taken at 79 hits. He will definitely need to keep his head up if he wants to have a career in the SHL. The playoffs cut short for the Raiders player means he will have more time to train to come back next season.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Starting out the season, and knowing that it's a completely different ballgame from the preseason prospect showcase, I still harboured some hopes of having offensive success. As the season progressed it quickly became apparent however that just what was needed from me this season. Most minutes were defensive ones, and many on the PK unit. With that said my point production was way lower than I was hoping for, ending the regular season with 5G/5A, which isn't the lowest of the low among rookies, still isn't something one would boast about. The militia PK unit were very successful under stretches of the season, so that is something I'll take with me.

The regular season was over, and what happened next was something that can only be described as a very disappointing early exit versus Vancouver, going 2-4 in the best out of 7 series. While some of my bigger mistakes, such as taking a lot of penalties weren't around in the playoffs, there was still a big lack of offensive presence.

To summarize what needs to be worked on, it'd be to stay out of the box and get some offense rolling. I'm sure both of these things will come with experience and a bit more experimenting with linesmates.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

My first season being part of the  Militia had ups and downs (my first time being part of the SMJHL/SHL in general). My regular season stats in the 50 games played were 4 goals and 4 assists and i was -10. Defense/Positioning is an attribute i need to consistently improve as my plus/minus for my first rookie season showed. As a new player on a contending time my role wasn't as big (played on 4th line) but there were other established players with higher attributes than me. Team success comes first over personal success. I will continue to upgrade my player and slowly move up the depth chart where i can be more of a presence on the ice. For next season i want to continue improving my defense, passing, skating and puck handling where i can be a reliable right winger in all aspects of the game. Looking forward to the new season after we got eliminated in the second round of the SMJHL playoffs for S46.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Let's start off with the positives, the Crows are in the hunt for their second straight championship. Fork Spoon is rolling in his 4th line role, with 2 goals through the first 6 games of his SMJHL career. Coming into this season, I knew that I wouldn't be a first line sniper putting up 25 goals, so I would say that I'm right on pace with what I was expecting. Compared to a few of the other rookies on my team, I'm middle of the pack in terms of point scoring, but that isn't the way that the Crows measure success. All that matters is the teams winning and the boys are rolling. Spoon has been working hard to raise his defensive stats as well as his scoring ability to hopefully become a lethal goal scorer next year, but for now he is just focused on doing the little things right in hopes that the Crows will roll right into another championship. Looking towards next season, my goal is to get as close as possible to the 350 cap, and hopefully moving into a more lethal part of the Crows lineup! Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

Liam Hutchinson rookie season went about as well as he expected. Going into the season he knew he wasn't going to be a top point producer, and he knew he was going to be seeing limited ice-time and given a checking role. He didn't expect to get as much power play time as he did, playing on a successful 2nd unit. He was pleased to have contributed 14 points, while only taking 8 PIMS, while throwing 41 hits.  He know he has to continue working on his passing, and his defensive play. He will be taking the off-season to slowly train and get ready to make a bigger impact next season. Overall he had a better than expected rookie season point wise, but there is alot of room for improvement. He needs to continue to grow to start to earn more playing time, and that'll see his production improve.

[Image: Sig-1.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png]

[Image: rPrVddO.jpg]

I TRIED

[Image: 66818_s.gif]