Create Account

SMJHL S45 PT 6 - Self Evaluation

The first ever season in the pro of Zach Laliberté went a little better than expected. He wasn't expecting much, to be honest. He was expecting to have a low average minute per game and playing on the fourth line, or third at best. Well, he played the majority on the fourth with an average of 9.29 minutes per game, but he excelled in those minutes. In fact, with his 13 points in 50 games, he is rated as one the best pointer in the league as a fourth liner. He was a reliable player with only 10 penalty minutes, too.

For a 4th rounder that has just started in the league, it is believable that Laliberté did exactly as expected from him: a reliable winger that get the job done and take his opportunity. His 19.44% in his shot efficacy, the best in his team, proves it. Laliberté knew how to convert his opportunity, as rare as they maybe is, into points and goals. All in all, it is believable that Laliberté accomplished his objectives for his first season in the SMJHL.

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

Monkey D. Luffy went into this season with a lot of expectations for himself, so it's hard to live up to all of them but honestly he almost made it. Getting voted Captain of his team by his teammates was a huge honor and one he will continue to be proud of for the rest of his career. He was big for his team when he needed to for the most part, except when it was all for himself. Down the stretch when he was only 1 point behind the two other rookies who took the scoring prize he couldnt find the 2 points in the last couple games to surge past them. This left him with a heavy heart and huge disappointments going into the playoffs which showed when he started off slow. He tried to brush past this little failure and after a couple of playoffs games brought it back but it was too little too late and the lions left the post season as early as you can. Finishing bottom of the standings and exiting the playoffs was kind of a let down and Luffy takes that blame for his team personally and next year he'll be fired up even more and ready to lead this young team to the promise land. He promises his sophomore campaign is gonna be double as strong as his rookie one and show everyone how much of a threat he is. LETS GO  Lions Lions

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

This season, Lee Marshall contributed very well to the St. Louis Scarecrows. He only made 9 starts (11 appearances overall), but provided solid goaltending, finishing the season with a .907 Sv% and a 2.42 GAA. With a 6-3-0 record, Marshall was as good as you could ask for from a back-up goalie, and even claimed a 1st star.

Compared to my expectations, Marshall did slightly under perform. For most of the season, Marshall had a Sv% above .920 and a GAA under 2.00. However, in his last start, he was blown up, which drastically lowered his overall numbers. Honestly, going in to the season, I just hoped he would play. As the season went on, I did begin riding my own hype train, especially as his numbers continued to be fantastic. Overall, I'm very happy with the way the season went, and I'm looking forward to next season!

Compared to other rookies, he had the best stats of the entire class. However, he was tied for second last in Games Played, so take that with a grain of salt. Marshall has come a long way from his starting stats, finishing the season with 80's in multiple attributes. He does need to work on his size as well as his skating, which I plan on improving immediately. After that, I think we're going to focus on improving the primary shot stopping categories and hopefully build on his wonderful rookie season!

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 09:15 PM by StadiumGambler.)

I had low expectations for Nick Brain coming into this thing, becuase I wasn't fully sure how Simulation Hockey reall worked. I set a bar for myself in early media pieces as being a bottom 6, maybe 2nd line power forward, then things turned out unexpectedly better when I figured out how the game worked and realized my guy could potentially go beyond that. However, I can't help but feel a little cheesed by the sim gods. I put in the time, am among the TPE leaders, and got just 7 goals and 6 assists in 50 games. Nick stepped up a bit in the playoffs but now hes gone 6 games without a point. Obviously it happens to the best of players, I'm sure people who have maxed TPE have laid playoff eggs, and its the case in real life where guys like Gretzky could get checked out of a game and produce nothing. Its still a bit frustrating though, to not be able to turn the corner fully with Nick, and I may have to wait until next year to break through the glass ceiling and get into the fabled Top 6 of the Raptors forward core.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Imagine Eric Vanderberg's surprise being drafted as a high second rounder after being told to possibly wait until the 7th round. Imagine going to the prospect showcase and having 60 PIMs and being told you are more goon than player by those in the crowd. All I wanted to do was to prove that I could be a force to be reckoned with as a dual threat and it came to pass after being selected by Colorado. For the first few games, Vandy led the league in shots blocked and stayed closed to the team leaders on points. Even now in the playoffs, Vandy has scored more goals than he did in the regular season and leads all players in the playoffs in plus/minus. 

Fellow Raptor Cass Darrow may be the next Erik Karlsson, but Eric Vanderberg may be closing in on Brian Leetch territory as a player who can do it all, score goals and possess hands of gold while ensuring no one screws with the stars.

Dick Clapper had a much better season than expected. As an undrafted player, he worked himself up from the 4th line all the way up to the second. He had 30 points in 50 games, 6th in rookies, with 16 goals and 14 assists. Clapper had a great regular season, but unfortunately underperformed in the playoffs, going pointless. In fact, he received more penalty minutes than he did points in the playoffs. Despite the second round sweep, Clapper is progressing at an exceptional rate. He is working hard week after week, to get better at the game, most noticeable in the aspects of scoring and defense. His mantra throughout the season has been "shooters shoot" and this has led him far and he hopes to continue this development through the draft and beyond into his pro career. Regardless of all this, Clapper still needs to work on his puck handling and endurance. We hope to see him progress to great heights as he continues to play.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

My first season in the SMJHL wasn’t the season I was hoping it would be. While Kelowna was very stacked on centers I had to play on the third line without a single minute on special teams. Our third line wasn’t all that productive either compared to the other team's third lines and other rookies playing on our second line. I think we came dead last in terms of scoring. I finished the season with 13 points. 8 goals and 5 assists. Even though the season has been somewhat disappointing in that regard, I have learned a lot from others in the Knights locker room. I have made a long term plan to improve myself and become a much bigger difference maker for the Kelowna Knights in the seasons to come. I’m not the kind of player that gets demotivated by this. There will be opportunity for me in the near future and I’m going to take it with every fibre in my body. I’m still young and have time to prove doubters wrong.

Go Knights!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Tyler Tougard's season was definitely not one for any record books. It took him a bit to get going, as he took time to figure himself out with how he trained.

He finished on top of all rookies in points for St. Louis with 11 goals, 18 assists and 29 points. Only Gordie Boomhover scored more goals (12).

He finished just three points behind the rookie point leader, and finished seventh overall in a tough race for the most points out of a rookie.

While this is exciting, it's not enough. Tougard knows that he came into a team with a lot of great players and those players will soon be leaving, heading to the big league. Tougard has been able to lean on them to steal some games, but he knows that he is going to have to put up big numbers as he is saddled with more and more responsibilities.

So far, the playoffs are going well, and we can only hope to keep it going and have a repeat of the magic that was last year.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Mathias Seger over all had a pretty good season. Playing on an expansion team, he got a lot of 1st and 2nd pairing minutes and a lot of time on ice with the special teams. With 1043, he was active for the most minutes of the whole Anaheim Outlaws. Only captain Hiro Fujikawa (1042) and fellow defensman rookie Osbert Whacker (1031) reached similar playing times. 

However, he knows that he still has a lot of work to do even in this off season. Seger's job isn't to score and the five goals he scored this season aren't half bad, but the 12 assists still leave a lot of room for improvement. Also the +/-  of -11 is something, he'd rather not see anymore next season. Discipline is something to be worked on as well. The 44 penalty minutes, he took played a part in the horrendous amount of penalty killing, the team had to do.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Tibuk Soonika's first season was a success. Tibuk's season started slow being widely considered the backup for the Anaheim Outlaws he quickly earned the favour of his coaches by posting solid numbers. For the first half of the season Tibuk posted the best GAA and Save % in the league but went under the radar due to the fact he was just under the minimum games played. By the time the playoffs came around Tibuk was in full swing and had earned the trust of his coach and had earned the starting spot for the playoffs. Tibuk did as much as he could and kept his team in it. In fact Tibuk kept Anaheim to within a goal for each game he started providing his team a chance to win each night. Credit to Tibuk's play is the fact that even after 3 rounds of playoffs Tibuk is still ranked 2nd in GAA and Save% for goalies showing how dominant he can be on a weaker Anaheim team.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I'm actually very surprised with how my player performed in S45. Going in to the draft I wasn't sure where I'd go and was fortunate to land on the same team as my first player. With him I was only able to score 10 points as a depth player, but this time around I was given much more playing time and am in the discussion for rookie of the year. Mostly a beneficiary of good circumstances I saw a lot of minutes with big name players like Klaus, Sawchuk and of course my blue line partner Kocsis, all of which are top 5 in league scoring this season. Karlstraße held his own though in his rookie season tied for second in rookie scoring, top 5 in league rating and actually leading the entire league in blocked shots. My goal was to make an offensive defenseman that wasn't a huge liability and so far I am very pleased with the results. I wasn't expecting numbers like this until my sophomore season at the earliest so this is certainly a welcome surprise. For next season I'd like to see my player take more shots. While he did lead all Kelowna defenseman in shots my goal for Karlstraße was to make a high frequency shooter from the blue line and I think there is definitely some room for improvement on that front. Knights

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

It was a tough first SMJHL season for Valeri Tikhonov, signing in the middle of the season after escaping his contract in the KHL. He struggled with adjusting to the new style of North American play, with only 1 assist and 6 shots in 29 regular season games. His role on the fourth line of the Scarecrows didn't provide him with a ton of opportunity to make massive plays, but he maintained a positive +/- throughout the year. Although he finally scored his first SMJHL goal in the playoffs, one of two in a 6-2 rout of the Crows by the Whalers, there is a lot of opportunity in the next season for Tikhonov to make his greatest impact. As the Scarecrows prepare to take on the Detroit Falcons in an attempt to secure their second Four Star Cup in as many seasons, hopefully Tikhonov will continue to find his footing and make a larger impact moving forward.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

Billy Sorokin's season was two different stories from the first half to the second. Through the first 6 starts of his career, he struggled mightily, carrying a save percentage down below the .750 mark and a goals against average well over 4.00. Everything turned around for the better about halfway through the year, when he was stellar in back to back starts, stopping a total of 43 out of 44 shots across the two games, including a 17 save shutout victory over the Montreal Militia in the first of the two games for not only the first shutout of his career, but also his first career victory. He immediately hurled another gem the very next night with a 26 save win over the Vancouver Whalers. Since this major turning point, Sorokin has kept improving his stats, finishing the year with a .876 save percentage and 2.98 goals against.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

[Image: YtiseC4.png]

My season was trash. I was top 10 in penalties this year and had low points. I was taking a lot of penalties and letting my teammates down. Near the end of the season, I was able to turn things around and stop taking penalties and begin to generate some offense for my team. I was very good at using my body by hitting others and blocking shots. The Knights were able to make it to the playoffs where I was able to get 2 points before we were knocked out. I also had one fight this year that I had won but I was also ejected from a game for headbutting a player. I want to be able to work on not taking penalties and be able to get more offense going for my team. I also want to be able to work on my defense to be able to stop our team from getting scored on and also my skating to not give turnovers and be able to quickly get across the rink.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]