Create Account

S45 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 07:25 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: pjGCMms.png]

Championship week is here as the West Kendall Platoon take on the Edmonton Blizzard in the S45 Challenge Cup finals! The SHL is about to showcase its greatest individual event and you are apart of it with your contributions to this post!  You will be paid in TPE which is earned by completing the tasks below. Each assignment will vary in TPE amount so please read each task carefully! You can earn up to '16' uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than that, but you won't get the credit for anything over 16.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be done for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

Code:
Task 2: (Graphic, 2 TPE)
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post [u]2[/u] of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

Code:
Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?
2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?
5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.

Code:
TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

Code:
Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.

Code:
TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Code:
Task 7: (Graphic, up to 3 TPE)
In an effort to boost spending the SHL wants to create a coupon flyer for challenge cup merchandise! Create coupons of items that involve something related to the Challenge Cup series. Coupon should have a visual component and wording about the sale. Each coupon is worth 1 TPE, you can do up to 3 coupons.

Code:
Task 8: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S45 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be about the S45 season.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=92945&pid=2568692#pid2568692

Code:
Task 9 (Graphic, 3 TPE)
People in West Kendall and Edmonton couldnt wait to read the morning paper the day their teams made it to the finals! Create the front page of a newspaper of 1 of the 2 teams clinching a berth into the Challenge Cup Championships!  Front page should include a newspaper background. the name of the newspaper, a catchy title and a picture with name of one of the player renders celebrating.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

'1' Welfare claim will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Deadline: Febuary 11, at 10 PM EST.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 07:43 PM by 39alaska39.)

Task #1:

Unfortunately, the Manhattan Rage's late push to make the playoffs fell just short, but we put up far more of a fight than most people expected. I don't think that we're super far away from making the playoffs or even making some noise once we get there. Looking at the team, we could use a couple upgrades to really boost our team to the next level. Tokek Takshak, as much as I love Geck, probably shouldn't be a first pairing defenseman for us as a highly competitive team, so that would be the first upgrade I would make. A star goalie would be incredible, but luckily, Scottey Crawfling is still a young enough goalie that we can still expect growth and development. I think that we're in a really good spot as a team, and a defenseman would be the only upgrade I would do to make the team better. 

(155)

Task #3:

1. Both former Dragons players will have a significant impact on their teams this season, the last before they are expected to become part of the one of the announced expansion teams, but I expect that Kurczewski will play a larger role. Despite the Blizzard being successful before his arrival, Kurczewski’s acquisition put the Blizzard over the top this season and has been a true difference maker on the ice. His play will move the needle if the Blizzard win the Cup. (81)

3. Rex Kirkby is the young gun that has the opportunity to really make a difference for the Platoon in this year’s final. He’s had a year to develop after last year’s disappointing loss to the Winnipeg Jets, and that experience at the highest level of the game should set him up well to be a key contributor for the Platoon. (61)

4. Both sets of GM have had some incredible success with their teams over the past few seasons and this matchup should be one for the record books. With the way Karl and Keygan have managed to create a true powerhouse in Edmonton as well as the consistency that JR and Wongy have with West Kendall, my slight edge would have to go to West Kendall. JR and Wongy have shown that they can win these games year in and year out, and I think they get an edge because of that. (91)

5. West Kendall is a team that comes in battle hardened and with the experience of being here yet again. Their squad is full of veteran players and that should serve them well. However, they have a completely outmatched pair of forwards that Edmonton should exploit heavily if they ever hit the ice. Mirio Togata and Steve McGirthensons are two players that would be lucky to get ice time in the SMJHL, much less the SHL, and if they get ice time, Edmonton should dominate possession and play when those two are on the ice. (94)

Task #4:

Sent

Task #6:

The bucket list for Alex Winters is pretty simple. I was lucky enough in my career to win the 4 Star Cup with St. Louis and the WJC Gold with Czechoslovakia, so completing the quad would be the ultimate success. I think that Manhattan is well on the right path to win the Challenge Cup in the next few seasons. With a young core and free agency creating an opportunity to improve our team on a year to year basis, the Rage are well on their way to getting that part of my bucket list completed. As for the IIHF Gold, I think Czech success last season was a preview for what kind of success we can have in the future, with lots of young talent about to hit the big times as well as established stars carrying the team currently. As a last personal goal, I would love to win the Jesster for ROTY with Winters, and I think I have a real shot at it.

(167)

Task # 10:

Alex Winters’ season did end up finishing earlier than he had hoped, but it worked out well given how busy his summer is expected to be. While he will be spending time with the Czech National Team at the IIHF World Championships (and is fact currently there), the big event of the summer for him is expected to be his wedding to American actress Natalia Dyer. The Stranger Things actress and the Czech rookie met at an event in New York, and she has been a fixture at Manhattan games throughout the season since. The wedding is expected to be a veritable who’s who of SHL talent with stars such as Brady McIntyre, Jax Aittokallio, Gary Grease, and DeMaricus Smyth expected to be in attendance, as well as young stars such as Luke Thomason, Andrew Martin, and Tig Murphy with whom Winters played with in Juniors. Teammates from the Manhattan Rage as well as the Czech National Team are also expected to be in attendance. We will certainly be keeping an eye out for our invitation to the event, and we hope to report more when the time comes.

(189)

[Image: GGtGFkT.jpg]

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 04:46 PM by Chris-McZehrl.)

Task One: (3 TPE)
The first task for the Buffalo Stampede should be come in the playoffs. Its a shame with that roster to miss the playoffs two seasons in a row. Its really disappointing to work hard all season long in the last both years and then watch on TV or in the stadium as viewer the Playoffs. I dont know why we dont made the playoffs because we have all at our roster what you would wish for. Our Leadership is also great with Metzler as Captain with all his experience. If then we could need a bone crusher so one who can bring in more physical play and also save our top players. So the Player should be perfect in Skating, Strength, Checking and Defense. If we could get those player then we should be a force. So maybe the Management can land those type of player for the Team and then start the riot in the SHL. (157 words)

Task Two: (2 TPE)
[Image: 4bc62d-1549652517.jpg]
@TheDangaZone
[Image: 171dd5-1549652560.jpg]
@jRuutu

Task Three: (2 TPE)
2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
F - Oisin Fletcher Blizzard
F - Roman Augustus Platoon
F - Joe Kurczewski Blizzard
D - Ludwig Koch Schroder Platoon
D - Connor Tanner Blizzard
G - Tommy Tuck Blizzard
Oisin Fletcher is one of the most important parts for the Edmonton Blizzard in this Playoffs. Roman Augustus on the other side for the West Kendall Platoon. Joe Kurczewski is with Augustus the biggest traded player for the Season 45 and for Edmonton it played out very well with the Cup win. Ludwig Koch Schroder had an amazing Playoff Season as best of all in Points and that as Defender. Conner Tanner is for Edmonton Blizzard the reason of the Defense to won the Cup. Also Tommy Tuck was very important with his performance for the Cup Win for the Edmonton Blizzard. (102 words)

3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?
Piotr Czerkawski can for me become one of the biggest Stars in the future. He did score the Cup Winning Goal and also had a great Regular Season and Post Season. After the rumors about his traded rights we saw it was true. So he can decide where he will play and I believe he will play there where he can have a huge role. Then he can prove how good he is and bring amazing numbers up. (78 words)

Task 4: (3 TPE)
PM sent to @Mike Izzy

Task Five: (3 TPE)
[Image: 5ce279-1549655327.jpg]

Task Nine: (3 TPE)
[Image: 08881f-1549656772.jpg]
@majesiu

Task Ten. (3 TPE)
My Offseason started after the last Regular Season Game in Season 45. I did book a travel to scotland for some Golfing Sport and I love holes. After the travel in Scotland I was back in my homeland in Germany. I was visiting all my family members and we had a lot of fun. I was in the Signal Iduna Park for some Borussia Dortmund Soccer Games. As member of Borussia Dortmund I was also on the big years meeting and bought 100000 shares for around 750000 Euro. After that I was traveling to Rome, Athens and Constantinopel to see many ancient buildings and also ruins. Then I was came back to North America. As I was arrived in Buffalo so many jounalists came over me and I was totally shocked about all this questions. This question were about the Expansion Draft and that my team exposed my rights for being available in the S46 Expansion Draft. (157 words)

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 09:27 PM by Tomen.)

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

I think what the Buffalo Stampede have lacked the pas few seasons and especially last season and this one is consistent good goaltending. In the past Jordin FourFour Jr. has carried Buffalo to the playoffs but lacked consistency there. Lately this has even happened in the regular season. So I think someone like Tommy Tuck from the Blizzard would greatly improve the Stampede chances of being Challenge Cup finalists which means someone with these attributes as strengths: Style Control, Hand Speed and Reaction Time or basically a maxed out goalie build. Someone with attributes like this should provide steady Goaltending for the Stampede. I don't really think we need anything else since we are a defense first team. We don't take a lot of shots or make a ton of goals but pride us with having one of the lowest shots against and goals against which is something that sadly won't work with inconsistent goaltending.
SK = Skating: 93
DU = Durability: 50
EN = Endurance: 80
SZ = Size: 95
AG = Agility: 95
RB = Rebound Control: 95
SC = Style Control: 99
HS = Hand Speed: 99
RT = Reaction Time: 99
PH = Puck Handling: 50
PS = Penalty Shot: 50

(155)

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?

I think Roman Augustus has a bigger impact on the WKP lineup than Joe K purely because Edmonton's roster is better on paper without him compared to West Kendall without Augustus. Augustus adds valuable physicality to the Platoon's first line while being a scoring machine. Also Augustus is a sneaky good shot blocker with one of the most blocked shots this season for Forwards. (64)

The defender pairing would be Ludwig Koch Schröder together with Tor Tuck. Schröder would be more offensively inclined while Tuck brings the physicality. For the Forwards the line would be centered by Oisin Fletcher with Joe K and Roman Augustus on the wings. Decent Physicality for all 3 players while defensively responsible. The goalie would be Tommy Tuck who was the best goalie in the league last season. (68)

It's Ensio Kalju for me the young and skilled finish defender is more offensive inclined than most Defenders and reminds people of Ludwig Koch Schröder. He is also one of the top 4 Edmonton defenders that see quite a lot of ice time. So the opportunity is there for him in form of playing time and he has the talent to make it work and be a good contributor to the Blizzard in these finals. (75)

4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?

I think it's JR95 for me in terms of the tactical advantage but it's Karlssens&Keygan regarding the Managerial advantage because they put together a better team on paper than JR but in return JR knows how to get out the most out of the players he has. In the end both GM teams did a great job but I give the edge to Edmonton. 55/45. (66)

5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.

I think WKP's weakness is their slightly worse depth. Especially on the 3rd defensive pairing that gets quite a lot of ice time compared to Edmonton's so I see there a possible weakness for WKP in this finals series that should be exploitable. Rex Kirkby is fairly inexperienced but a promising young defender. (53)

Code:

sent

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Alexander literally has only completed one thing so far that is on his long hockey bucket list and that is being drafted #1 in the SMJHL draft. Otherwise there is still a lot do on it. Like leading the SMJHL in goals or points and winning a SMJHL MVP and Four Star Cup. Winning gold in the WJC and the IIHF. Scoring a hattrick in the SMJHL and SHL. Winning Rookie of the Year in the SHL. Winning a Challenge Cup also leading the SHL in goals or points and winning the Khan and Mexico. The bucket list is long but is the bucket list of a player that wants to be a first ballot Hall of Famer which comes with these kind of goals. Everybody knows you gotta shoot for the stars and this is what Alexander wants to do. Who knows he might not even accomplish anything of these but still make it into the Hall of Fame which is his ultimate goal. (165)

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

Alexander's plan this offseason is to train with his older brother the former SHL player Eduard Selich so that he gets some valuable lessons thought about the highly competitive level of skill in the SHL. There have been rumors going around in the Buffalo Stampede organization that the time might have come to call up the promising prospect from the Colorado Raptors to the big show. So Alexander is eagerly awaiting the call this offseason which ultimately will decide what happens for S46. If he gets send-down he will appreciate the time that the Stampede Gm's give him to get more time to improve his skills before having to play in the SHL. Alexander already knows that he will part of the WJC roster for Germany-Austria which will be another way of getting more experience under his belt and to showcase his talents to the whole hockey world and proving that he is worth the roster spot and the high praises from the Colorado Raptors organisation.

(166)

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 11:37 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

Some major changes took place for the Dragons in S45 and as we move into the offseason its clear that there isnt just 1 position that will push us back to challenge cup status. We do have some strong players, great young talent and allot of picks to enjoy.. but for the sake of this topic... the primary addition to our team can start with good young enthusiastic talent. The Calgary teams that have won all those titles have run its course and its now time to find the right mix of reliable players with history and excitable 1st gen talent. I find that 1 without the other is a tough way to sustain a winner. If we are talking about a specific need on the ice.. well i'd like to see us add or groom a strong high TPE earning pass first center to take hold of that 2nd line and help us down the middle. --- 158 words

----

Task 3: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

You know im not sure which player will be better, its like a choice of Pizza and Steak... you can never go wrong with either! but its worth pointing out that in this series players like Joe K, Roman Augustus and Dani Forsberg are all center stage.. and thats really spotlights how deep calgary has been all of these seasons.. and to think that the S40 championship team had a roster of the 3 above plus Louie Garrett and Mike Izzy.. that team may 1 day go down as 1 of the best ever IMO.

D - Tor Tuck  Blizzard
D - Brady McIntyre  Blizzard
F - Roman Augustus  Platoon
F - Dani Forsberg  Platoon
G - Beaujeaux Biscuit  Platoon

Man this was harder then i thought... how on earth do you leave out players like Joe K or Oisen Fletcher?? 2 of the best players of our generation! but right now there really isnt a player in the league player at a higher level then Roman Augustus... and if were putting a team together here his 60 point linemate Dani Forsberg seems like a great fit here. The hard question was which goalie to take.. Tuck may be the best player in the world right now but how do you bypass a goalie that has just won 2 championships and is now going for a 3rd here in the S40's... with my net minder ill take the guys thats been here before.

This is the first challenge cup in a while which showcases allot of great young talent on both teams. but i think the player that has the best chance to impact this series is Ensio Kalju. An edmonton defender that probably gets overlooked due to the gross amount of talent the Blizz have on there blue line.. but im not overlooking this awesome young talent who possesses all the attributes of a top line defender including a strong phyical game. Calgary and WKP's top tier talent match up well with each other but i think if there is an edge its in players like Kalju who have the ability to impose there will against the opposing depth defenders. I am eyeing Kalju to make a splash here in the finals. - @jRuutu

Its hard to call out area of exploitation for a team thats been as successfull as WKP has in the S40's but with respect to the other opponents, WKP hasnt come up against a team this talented in the finals. and with that depth seems like an area which the platoon can be exploited, specificaly the teams 3rd lines where Smith, Pepperoni and Shultz average around 1100 tpe .. where WKP boasts a line of Clisters, Reilly and Dayymo who average around 900.... if WKP is to win this series there 3rd line must compete hard against there counterparts.

---

[Image: aeHAT06.png]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] Also, please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

**PM Sent to @Ace and @goilers**

---

During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.

[Image: Jvi1dse.png]

---

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

To be honest I am unsure what to do with my offseason as ive never missed the playoffs in my 10 season career. I would like to play golf but i dont know how. I hear some athletes in the SHL take vacations.. maybe ill look into that? ... maybe ill call SFP and ask them what they typically do with all this time... odds are though it will be a busy offseason for Mike Izzy who has moved into a more dynamic role within the team which involves helping out with what will be a historic draft. Ive also been asked to be involved in a series of television videos which sounds like allot of fun. and of course there can never be a season off when it comes to building up my talent. especialy now as ive moved into regression.. maintainance is a key ingrediant to sustaining a high level of play. - 153 words

Mike Izzy = 16 tpe

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 12:39 PM by Eggy216.)

Clearly the piece that the Calgary Dragons have been missing all along is Rainbow Dash. While the team isn't short on scorers or physicality by any stretch of the imagination, Dash provides some much needed youth to an aging organization. With her high checking and scoring ability, she splits opposing teams who will now have a "Mini-Izzy" to deal with on the team's lower lines. While Dash alone won't be enough to push the team into the Challenge Cup finals this season, as she continues to grow and improve she looks to be a force to be reckoned with and cause some major trouble for the opposition. To complement her abilities, the team may want to look to pick up a playmaker so that she can really put things away for the team, as her passing ability tends to be a little lacking with most of her assists coming from teammates tipping the puck in front of the net. But whatever the team chooses to do, picking up Dash fresh off her Four Star Cup victory should be huge for the team moving forward.

Task 3: (4 TPE)
1. I'm going to have to say that Roman Augustus will prove more useful to the Platoon than Kurzcewski will to the Blizzard. Edmonton's depth is beyond ridiculous, and Augustus is a little better at passing the puck than Kurzcewski, making him more of a two-way threat than his counterpart. While the Blizzard have a better supporting cast, I think the individual on the Platoon will be the one to stand out because he's in a position to do so moreso than Kurzcewski.

3. I'm going to go with Piotr Czerkawski. It's not often that a young player has a chance to play a major part of a Challenge Cup run, and the S41 draftee for the Edmonton Blizzard has the opportunity to show he's up for the task. Playing on the team's starting line, he's been a major force throughout this playoffs with Fletcher and Cuddles. Just because of minutes and the quality of his linemates, I think you can expect to see Czerkawski make a huge impact in the finals this season.

4. Personally I'd say Edmonton has the advantage here. Karlssens has a long and storied history with the Edmonton Blizzard, and while Keygan's history with the Blizzard is a little shorter he's well known for his performance as an SMJHL GM with the Montreal Militia. Between the two of them I think they have a deeper understanding of the game, and will likely prove victorious in the upcoming Challenge Cup Finals.

5. For the St. Louis Scarecrows, the path to victory lies in shutting down Hippo Passamus. The Detroit Falcons' top line forward is leading his team by a wide margin in points this postseason, while his linemates seem to be lagging behind when it comes to production. If you can shut down Passamus, suddenly the team's top line is basically useless and their minute-eaters will be unable to put on any kind of a show.

TASK 4: (Casual, 3 TPE)
Sent

In the SMJHL, Rainbow Dash had two goals - win the Four Star Cup, and lead the league in hits. This past season, she managed to complete both of them which to her meant a career year. But now moving forward, her sights are set elsewhere. Amongst her goals for her upcoming SHL career are to lead the league in goals and in hits, as well as to win a Challenge Cup with the fabled Calgary Dragons franchise. The team has a long and storied history, and Rainbow Dash couldn't be more excited to be a part of it moving forward. In addition to that, one of Dash's goals is to win league MVP. There's only one every season, and only the greatest players in league history will have the opportunity to see their names engraved on that trophy, and Dash is making it a personal goal to get her name on there before her career is over. It's perhaps the loftiest goal on her bucket list, so it will be interesting to see if Dash can stand up to the task.

TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
After winning the Four Star Cup this past season as a member of the St. Louis Scarecrows, Rainbow Dash couldn't be more excited. Unfortunately there isn't much time to celebrate, as a recent trade sent Dash from the New England Wolfpack to the Calgary Dragons, and she's been informed that she'll be joining the organization at the start of the next season. To prepare for her upcoming SHL debut, Dash will be hitting the gym to try and bulk up as much as possible - it's one thing to play a physical game in juniors, but the SHL is a whole different beast. She'll also be house-hunting, as she looks for a place to live in Calgary for the next few years. Luckily Mike Izzy has offered her a place to stay while she looks, so it shouldn't be too difficult. And of course, she'll be going out and meeting the fans at a few different events this offseason as she's excited to get to know not only the team and the city, but the people who support them.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 11:43 PM by Weretarantula.)

Task 2: (Graphic, 2 TPE)
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

@Texas
[Image: NqohOKh.jpg]

@Acsolap
[Image: YiAmKEE.jpg]

Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.
Really hard call to go between these two, but I'll go with Joe. Edmonton were already a heavily stacked team, but adding Joe gives their team even more ridiculous depth. West Kendall have a great team, but will be hard pressed to match them on every single line from my perception. Given they are both former Dragons, I wish them both the best though!
Tor Tuck D (EDM), Ludwig Koch Schröder D (WKP), Oisin Fletcher LW (EDM), Joe Kurczewski C (EDM), Roman Augustus RW (WKP), Beaujeaux Biscuit G (WKP)

This is the strongest team I believe you could put on the ice to start a game. Sure, it would most likely unbalance the teams badly in doing so, but imagine the power! The three offensive players holding the top line at over 1700 TPE each, I can't imagine how many chances these players would bury. Of course there's many great candidates to choose from given the depth of these two teams, but it's frightening to imagine what they could accomplish, and that's without even looking at the back end. Each player has the highest TPE of their position.
Piotr Czerkawski of the Edmonton Blizzard is my choice. Even though he will have reduced ice time due to being lower down in the lines, he is by far the most advanced out of the options, and has a great chance to propel himself on the biggest platform there is. I predict he will be one of the top creators on Edmonton's lower lines in the series.
I really don't know what the best choice out of these 4 are, as they have all been fantastic for their teams so far (even to get to the final is an achievement in my opinion given the ruthless nature of the beast that is Simon). I will give the tactical advantage to West Kendall, as they have won the cup previously, but apart from that I don't know how to separate them. They have both done some great trades in the buildup too, so that doesn't even help.
I think that West Kendall are lacking down the centre to a certain extent. They definitely shored that up in the form of Roman Augustus, but even he is playing out of position on the team. If the wingers can band together and take more of a defensive role, they will be much stronger, but when you train as a winger you miss out on focusing on things like faceoffs and backchecking. Working on those areas will improve the opportunities that come their way, and help out their defence on breakaways and the likes.

[Image: rfabD5E.png]

Task 7: (Graphic, up to 3 TPE)
In an effort to boost spending the SHL wants to create a coupon flyer for challenge cup merchandise! Create coupons of items that involve something related to the Challenge Cup series. Coupon should have a visual component and wording about the sale. Each coupon is worth 1 TPE, you can do up to 3 coupons.

[Image: osLsd7e.png][Image: Lpwot1F.png][Image: DCORiZm.jpg]

Task 9 (Graphic, 3 TPE)
People in West Kendall and Edmonton couldnt wait to read the morning paper the day their teams made it to the finals! Create the front page of a newspaper of 1 of the 2 teams clinching a berth into the Challenge Cup Championships!  Front page should include a newspaper background. the name of the newspaper, a catchy title and a picture with name of one of the player renders celebrating.

@TheDangaZone
[Image: T9kUvsj.jpg]

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 12:33 PM by luke.)

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

What the pride is missing in terms of getting all the peices together is getting more scorers and with that, a better 1st line. You saw a rookie and a sophmore there with a person in regression. That isnt a way to have a good 1st line. What they need is elite players on the 1st line with high tpe and better stats that will carry the rest of the offense. If you look at the Pride last season their goal differential was terrible, but their defense was pretty good. So in order to really get past that hump they need legit goal scorers. If you look at other teams in the past that had an elite 1st line carry them, I think about the seattle team that was carried by the retired corpses with decent tpe.THey carried the team because that top line could score so much and their defense was pretty good. For the pride, we have really good defense, and we have a good goalie, so we need the offense

Code:
Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Joe Kurczewski was the more impactful player for Edmonton. For a while Edmonton didnt have a lot of good forwards for a long time, and had really good defense and an alright goalie. With Joe K in the mix it makes the Edmonton Blizzard a lot more deadly to West Kendall, as they can defense and outshoot them.

2. Tor Tuck, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Joe K, Roman Augustus, Oisin Fletcher, Beaujeaux Biscuit : I would choose these 5 because Beaujeaux Biscuit is one of the best goalie in the league for a long time, Tor Tuck and Schroder are some grizzled veterans on defense. Joe K and Roman Augustus has years playing together in Calgary, and Oisin Flethcer because she is a generational talent.

3. I think Rex Kirkby Stood out the most, With West Kendalls team defense starting to wither a little bit on the defensive side, Kirkby has the chance to excell into a top defender. A person from S43 SHL draft, he has the right tool to be one of the best defenders in that draft. This kind of talent only comes a couple times every couple of seasons. It is great for WKP to pick him up.

4. Karlssens and Keygan has the better tactical awareness in this series. They both have seasons and seasons of experience between them, and gmed Edmonton when they needed to use tactics to get an advantage. I would say JR95 and Wongy but I dont think Wongy has the experience in the Sim enough. But with Karlssesn ad Keygan they homegrown some top talent as well as made some critical moves in order to get them the cup.

Code:
Code:

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

Sent

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Some things I want to achieve before I retire is a couple of things. In the SMJHL I wanted to win the 4 star cup and a WJC gold, which I have got on both. I wanted both because I want to get the quadruple gold/cups with the 4 star, WJC gold, IIHF gold and the Championship cup. That is one of the goals that I Wanted because so few people have actually done all 4. So for the 4 star I got that with the Whalers, and for the WJC gold I got it with Czechoslovakia. Another goal of mine is to get into the Czech HOF, I want to lead the Czech into the 1st goal and the 1st medal in a long long time, and I think we can do it 100%. We got a lot of young talent and I can see it in my sights.

Code:
Code:
Task 8: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S45 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be about the S45 season.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=92945&pid=2568692#pid2568692

Code:
Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

My plans for the offseason is to always get better, but also try to win gold with Czechoslovakia. With the offseason getting slightly shorter, I need to do more in that time. With me and my czech brothers flying back out to Czechoslovakia to train and get ready to compete in the IIHF we are hungry for the gold. Some of the older members of the group are starting to regress a little, so we are in a win mode now for them. We havent won a medal in a long long time, so we want to win it for them. I will play some of the best hockey I can, and with my experiences being on San Francisco, Rookie Alex Winters and I are ready to take the next step. Also in the offseason of course Ill vacation in my lake house, but only for a week or so before heading back out and starting to get stronger and better.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 07:31 PM by NJBadApple.)

Making the Challenge Cup Finals takes a large amount of dedication and just the right amount of players that cover each aspect of the game. In my belief, the Renegades currently have all the pieces in place to make several Cup runs over the next 10 seasons or so. We're currently lunging towards the edge of a rebuilding period that saw the old players from the early days of S20 slowly fall down the depth chart, and now the newer faces are taking larger roles on the team. I expect this to be the case over the next couple of seasons, where forwards like Konn, SLM, and Jensen continue to grow into league-wide elite forces. As for defense, Karlsson and O'Callghan have already cemented their place among the elite on the blueline and will look to hold that line. Hobbs will be an annual contender for the Goalie of the Year award.

Code:
Words: 151

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* (3 TPE)
Done

[Image: cw.jpg]

It's only the start of what I hope to grow into a 20+ season career and there are a plethora of items on my bucket list as a player. Luckily, I've already been able to accomplish one of those big ticket items. Meeting and playing against Esa Anrikkanen was always a dream of mine, I grew up watching the prime of his career and it was completely surreal to be out there on the ice skating against him. On a lighter note, I always wanted to try the BBQ down in Texas and once they had selected me at the entry draft, I knew that was my first stop. Some of the veterans on the team took me to their favorite places around town & gave me a thorough introduction to Texas BBQ. As far as my playing career goes, I'd love to be able to score a hat trick against every team in the league... I think that's truly a rare accomplishment.

Code:
Words: 163

Task 8: (Podcast, 4 TPE)
Mini-Pod Parts 1 & 2

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 01:46 AM by White Cornerback.)

Code:

According to my incredibly knowledgeable and respectable general managers, the primary reason that we didn't win the Challenge Cup... or make the conference finals... or make the second round or actually make the playoffs at all was because of our horrendous goal tending and a very low save percentage... in other words our goalie shit the togs when he was faced with any amount of pressure. I think with FourFour having just retired this offseason after a career worst season, our gap is obviously between the sticks... I mean net between the net.

So naturally if our biggest weakness is our goalie and that goalie just retired, then we need a good replacement and I believe entirely that Cedric Robinson who has the joint record for most career wins in the SMJHL, fresh off his career season with the Detroit Falcons and I believe he is more than a suitable replacement, in fact hes an upgrade.

I think Robinson should work on his reaction time (84) because if Buffalo's main core under performs yet again for the x consecutive season in a row, he will face an incredible amount of shots as is Buffalo tradition and we don't want him to be come swiss cheese again like FourFour did.

Code:

Although the serious has ended already, I believe that naturally Kurczewski would have the biggest effect for either teams. Why? Because he's got a plethora of experience , both in the playoffs, in the league and perhaps most importantly in cup winning runs. After all he's done it enough for Calgary and was a gigantic part of their dynasty and it's large scale success. Of course August too has this experience, being from the same Dragons team but I believe that Joe is naturally more of a risk taker and a bread winner.

G - Tommy Tuck
D - Connor Tanner
D - Brady McIntyre
F - Dani Forsberg
F - Roman Augustus
F - Joe Kurczewski

Why this team? Well Tuck had the league highest save percentage and I think one of the best all time. Tanner has the 8th most blocked shots, McIntyre had the 7th most points among defense-men. Forsberg led the league in goals, Augustus had the 2nd most assists in the league and finally Joe had the 3rd most assists in the league.

I think EDM has the biggest chance of making a difference because of their core, not because of the quantity but rather the quality and mainly Piotr Czerkawski. The S41 RW has had an incredible career and it's only early days and he continues to improve and as far as EDM is concerned, he is showing wisdom much beyond his age even in a limited 4th/3rd line role for the stacked EDM.

I think EDM has the edge because of their mix of youth and old. Keygan is relatively new to the SHL in terms of wongy and JR and Karl outlives them both I think. For this reason EDM has the edge because of the mix of experience and innovation brought to the forefront by both the young and old combination of GM's.

Code:

DONE

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Because Buffalo is so bad I have dedicated my entire offseason to improving myself in hopes that I can drag the lifeless, destitute, pathetic, embarrassing, unacceptable , under performing Buffalo franchise to a possible cup run with the end goal of winning it all. I have set aside a particular schedule which will involve the bulk of the day focusing on my diet and conditioning in an attempt to put on some serious mass and add a physical side to my admittedly technical style of play in the SHL. After all as a starting center on the top line, I need to be performing better than everybody else, I need to lead by example and from the forefront... I need to spearhead both our attack and defense at all times and really finish chances when they arrive. On top of this of course, I will be attempting to fit in some team scrimmage with my teammates such as Konig, retired Vorkampfer, Selich and Hamilton so that we can build up some decent level of chemistry.

Code:
PT AFFILIATION - 3TPE

NSFL PT - 3TPE
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 05:41 PM by dizzyDC.)

Code:

Honestly I don't think that there is a lot that the Texas Renegades have to do in order to make the Challenge Cup Finals considering the fact that we took the Edmonton Blizzard to overtime in game 7. That being said, we are going to be losing depth at the forward position in the upcoming expansion draft so if I had to pick a specific position that we are going to need going forward it is that of a winger. Our defense is pretty stacked so I am not too worried about that. If I had to pick a specific type of player though it would have to be a scoring power forward. It's always nice to have a winger that can go stand in front of the net and get a gritty goal every now and then. It's also nice to have a player that isn't afraid to throw their body around a little bit. So what I'm saying is having a player that is strong in both scoring and checking would be an awesome addition to our roster.

Code:

1. First of all I think both Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus are awesome players. Both players are elite scorers and are physical enough to be one of those guys that can really just take control of the game. That being said, I think that the acquisition of Roman Augustus is the bigger deal. I think that when you take both of these players out of the equation, Edmonton has the stronger roster. Augustus really propelled West Kendall after his trade and I believe he was a big reason that the Platoon even made the finals.

2. For my forwards, I would pick Joe Kurczewski, Roman Augustus, and Leafer Rielly. For my defensemen I would pick Ludwig Koch Schroder and Connor Tanner. Finally, for my goalie I would pick Tommy Tuck. Overall, I believe that this roster gives a nice balance of scoring, defensive responsibility, checking, and having an elite goalie. There were a lot of good players to choose from and probably some that led in certain categories ahead of these guys, but these provide a nice balance.

3. I believe that from the West Kendall Platoon Florence Clijsters has the best chance to help make a big impact in the Challenge Cup Finals. Clijsters is centering the Platoon's third line and is also a member of the power play. Most every team that makes the playoffs has at least one stellar line, but it's depth that is going to win you a championship. This is a perfect opportunity for Clijsters to make some big plays in big moments and start to work into the upper levels of player quality.

4. This is a tough question to answer because a lot of the workings of the GMs are behind the scenes. I would say that I would have to give the edge to JR95 and Wongy just because JR has extensive experience with working with the sim engine and getting first hand experience in what works and what doesn't work. That being said, Karlssens is extremely experienced as well. So ultimately its as close as you can get to calling this a toss. Going with West Kendall just because to be totally honest. Could go either way.

5. Alright so I'm picking the West Kendall Platoon to scout out and if there is one area where I think that they could get exposed is their third pairing defensemen. The Platoon are currently giving their third pairing quite a bit of playing time and with how well the Blizzard are able to score, they might want to think about giving a couple more minutes to some of their more experienced defensemen. That being said, I'm not expert when it comes to the sim so what do I know.

Code:

Answer sent in PM.

Code:

Louie Garrett has been blessed with an amazing SHL career so far. He won the Aidan Richan award, has been named as a 1st team All-Star, and has even won a Challenge Cup. I think one of the main things that Garrett still needs to cross off his list is a league MVP award which he is definitely at least in the running for this season although I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up going to Tommy Tuck of Edmonton after his incredible season. I suppose there are some other things that Garrett accomplishing would be pretty awesome. It would be cool if he ended up in the Hall of Fame someday which he might or might not do, but considering he is basically a point per game 450 games into his career I would say that he is on pace to be a candidate. It might also be cool to be honored by what was Seattle considering all the time Garrett gave to that organization, but I also understand at this point if it doesn't happen. All in all, there isn't a lot that I can complain about when it comes to my bucket list. Garrett has been awesome and I look forward to seeing what else he can accomplish.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Louie Garrett has a bunch of awesome offseason plans now that the Renegades have been eliminated by the Edmonton Blizzard. Honestly would Louie Garrett even be a hockey player if he didn't hit up the links during the offseason? Of course not, so obviously he would continue to work on his golf game so he isn't always embarrassing himself out there. The next thing that he has planned is a BBQ tour of Texas. Ever since Garrett arrived in Texas from Seattle he's wanted to do this but training has always gotten in the way. Now is the time to get it done though. It's going to be a week straight of gorging himself on as much brisket, ribs, and chicken wings that he can. If that's not living the good life I don't know what is. Finally, Garrett does have plans to go back to Seattle to visit family and go look at the abandoned Riot stadium as he did have a lot of good memories playing there.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 10:08 AM by hhh81.)

Buffalo desperately needs forward depth. This offseason will absolutely devastate the precarious position of the Stampede. With the retirement of Viktor Vorkhampfer and the inevitable loss of Luke Atmey to expansion, the Stampede enter S46 with more questions than answers. Luckily, talented forwards like Hippo Passamus and Alexander Selich could graduate to the SHL soon, bringing much needed reinforcements to Buffalo. Passamus in particular is an interesting piece. His tenure in Detroit has asked him to diversify his game. The two-way forward came into the league as a pass-first option, but was quickly asked to work on his sniper skills (leading to his current 80 scoring). His four seasons in the SMJHL have allowed him to bank a significant amount of TPE, and his experience will allow him to step into any role required of the S46 Stampede. He (and past and future teammate goalie Cedric Robinson) are the perceived favorites for SHL Rookie of the Year, due to the roles they will both be asked to play immediately. In a perfect world, Passamus will be able to fill some of the speedy, sniping minutes previously played by Atmey.

Look for them to use their bevy of draft selections on star rookie forwards to rebuild their depth and possibly attract one or more free agents to fill out their middle six. In particular, a passing center like Knute Knurtsson or the versatile, high-earning Michael Scarn could be in the mix at the top of Buffalo’s draft board.

After years of tormenting the opposition as Calgary Dragons’ two-headed hydra, Augustus and Kurczewski now face off in the biggest series of their careers. If West Kendall has any hope of winning more than a single game, Roman Augustus will have to be a dominant force. He was brought in (and has succeeded) to lead West Kendall’s offensive group. On the other hand, while an outstanding player equal to Augustus in almost every fashion, Kurczewski and fellow Edmonton center Oisin Fletcher are a two-headed monster of dominant offensive skill at the center position. West Kendall will have to shut down to goliath lines if they are successful, and Augustus will have to be dominant every shift, every night to keep the Platoon in the series.

F Roman Augustus Platoon
F Joe Kurczewski Blizzard
F Dani Forsberg Platoon
D Tor Tuck Blizzard
D Ludwig Koch Schroder Platoon
G Tommy Tuck Blizzard

My goal was to balance representing the two teams with three representatives. It would be easy to create two outstanding starting lineups from these two teams. Because of this, some amazing players, like Oisin Fletcher, were left off the team.

Naturally, I included the pair of former-Dragons stars at forward, as they will both feature heavily in this series. For the final spot, the hard hitting scorer in Forsberg was a natural inclusion. At defense, both Koch Schroder and Tuck could be finalists for the Scott Stevens Award this season, with Tuck the defending title holder and most likely winner. Koch Schroder is a do-everything weapon, who currently has 7 goals in these playoffs. Finally, outside of Texas’ Walter Hobbs, no other goalie has a chance to take home the John McBride Trophy other than Edmonton’s Tuck. Edmonton will win this series, if only due to their edge between the pipes.

Because Edmonton has benched the man, the myth, the legend Tony Pepperoni, I will have to go with West Kendall’s third pairing of young defenders Rex Kirkby and Shoyu Kikkomon. They will have to carry a significant load by giving the Platoon’s top defenseman a few minutes of rest between trying to shut down Edmonton’s vaunted offense. If they can handle a supporting role and remain plus players, West Kendall will have a good chance of staying in the series. They might not become household names or be on the highlights, but West Kendall will win if they can prevent Edmonton’s depth scorers from exploiting matchups.

4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's has the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why? 

While Edmonton has the talent, West Kendall has the tactical advantage. Who knows Simon T better than a league simmer? JR95’s position as simmer for the SMJHL has given him an elite knowledge of STHS, and it’s clear from WKP’s run of success in recent years they know what they are doing.

5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there opponents roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.

For the Edmonton Blizzard, the matchup they should try to take advantage of is anytime the young third pairing of the Platoon is on the ice. With two dominant scoring lines, Edmonton’s talented forwards should be able to feast on Kikkoman and Kirkby. If West Kendall adjusts to try to play their star top pairing (lead by do-everything #1 defender Ludwig Koch Schroder) more, Edmonton can just work to wear them down by playing their top 2 lines literally 90% of the game, constantly throwing the Fletcher line and Kurczewski line out in equal measure.

TASK 4: (2-3 TPE)
*PMed Mike Izzy*

Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

There are many things I’ve not yet accomplished on my bucket list. I still wish to win a Four Star Cup and a Challenge Cup. I also want to represent Germany and lead my motherland to an IIHF Gold Medal and a World Junior Championship Gold Medal. We had success last year, medaling in the World Juniors, and should be among the top teams in this year’s tournament. I will keep working hard every day so I can one day make the Team Germany roster for the IIHF. 

There are some things I have achieved. I wanted to play in North America and have enough money to bring my sister and mother to see North America. I have done both of those things, and enjoyed being able to share my SHL Draft experience with my family.

While I don’t think much about individual awards, I cannot lie and say being a finalist for the Agante or Stevens awards wouldn’t be an honor. For now, I’m focused on my team’s success, however I can help us win.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

This season did not go as we planned. We struggled to find a rhythm through most of the regular season, then came on hot in the playoffs. Unfortunately, not hot enough to overcome the Detroit Falcons. I will not be heading back to Germany, but heading to Buffalo for some offseason workouts before the World Junior Championships. While Colorado's season didn't go as well as hoped, we feel good that Team Germany/Austria is in a position to battle for gold at the WJC's.  We're hungry for our first battle with the Czech Republic, as it's one of the only changes I get to play against my Raptors teammates like Jakub Novak, Zivan Zidek, and Konstantin Voloshin. There was some trash talking throughout the season, so it should be an exciting matchup. After that, I'll head back to Buffalo for a few more workouts with Alexander Selich, Tatu Makela, and Charles Walker. Last year I trained in Colorado with the coaching staff, but this year I want to get a feel for Buffalo's program. Even though I'll be returning to Colorado for my third season in juniors, the more I can learn now, the better I feel I'll be able to impact the game once I start in the SHL.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 09:32 PM by Leppish.)

What the Minnesota Chiefs really needed in order to actually compete for the cup was two top pairing Defensemen, bumping Geoff Moore and Poopity Scoop down to the 2nd line and having two players that would be one thousand or more TPE would have made the Chiefs Defensive core so much better. On top of that if they had one or two more offensively talented forwards they could have challenged teams like West Kendall Platoon or even the Edmonton Blizzard a lot harder. Minnesota still managed to beat a team with worse goaltending than them in the New England Wolfpack so their scoring is not as bad as it may seem. But right now they need to rely on their top line of Wozy - Nova - Watson way too much. Adding some forwards in the high 900's or even over a thousand TPE would have easily made them a way more offensively gifted team and possibly helped them reach the ultimate goal this season. Unfortunately players like that don't just grow on trees.

Task 3: (Written, 1 TPE)

"12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why? "

I feel like Geoff Moore of the Minnesota Chiefs already did gain some attention in their playoff run, The young defenseman managed to score 4 goals and 4 assists for a total of 8 points despite being eliminated in the 2nd round. His defensive play against West Kendall could have been better but his scoring is very impressive for such a young defender in only his 2nd career season.

Done, PM Sent

[Image: th26QqJ.jpg]

Task 9 (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: Zw9DKOg.jpg]

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

After a losing in the second round for 2 season in a row, Geoff Moore plans to work on his game a lot this offseason. He's already hired some special coaches to practice with, Moore says he's extremely disappointed in himself and his game during the series against the West Kendall Platoon. He wants to seriously work on his puck handling skills, improve his skating and speed while also working on his shot. Moore said he plans to spend the whole off season working out and practicing as he wants to help his team, the Minnesota Chiefs to build on their recent successes and become a contender sooner rather than later. Moore also plans to train with teammate Poopity Scoop this offseason, to work out any kinks in the pairs game that may lead to mistakes on the ice. Moore's coach told the press that he's already seeing great signs from the young defenceman and that he will definitely get noticed around the league come season 46.

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 02:31 PM by jRuutu.)

Task 2:
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: ZrUlsqN.png][Image: SC93NHd.png]

@Blastmeaway  @.bojo

Task 3:

This is a tough one, both are leading their teams in scoring before the finals, Augustus has more hits, but then again he also plays on average 3 or so minutes more per game compared to Kurczewksi, so I guess if you base it on just that, Augustus is more valuable to WKP, since he is relied up on so heavily. Kurczewksi with 3 more minutes per game would more than likely have more points, but overall, not much between the two, important players.

Ludwig Koch Schroder,Connor Tanner, Roman Augustus,Joe Kurczewski, Leafer Rielly,Tommy Tuck

This is purely based on how the playoffs has gone before the finals, on defense Tanner and LKS are leading their teams in defender scoring, both with PPG pace. In offense, two leading scorers of whole teams in Joe and Roman, third piece is Leafer Rielly, he has played really well so far and has 13 points in 11 games. Tuck is the goalie, he is a beast and still playing on high level in the playoffs, 92 on save percentage!

Piotr Czerkawski, 2+1 in 11 games might not say much, but Piotr is playing tough minutes against other teams top units, he is usually on the ice when faceoff is in Edmontons zone and own end needs to be clean, that says a lot when a young player is given such a role. Don´t be fooled though, Piotr has all the tools to score in this league, only matter of time when he starts to score more and I would not be surprised if he catches fire in the finals!

I have to say the Edmonton pair, karlssens and Keygan. They work hard behind the scenes and look over every game more than once and see if there is something that needs to be changed. If there is something, they are not afraid to make those changes either, so truly professional and team first type of management duo + the team is pretty well built and running like a machine, so that shows something as well.

Hard to find any clear holes from a team that has made it into finals, but looking at WKP right now, I´d say one place where to hit them is their line rotation, Augustus and Forsberg both play over 25 minutes per game on average as forwards, that is a lot. If you can find a way to push hard on them at the end of a long shift or while they are making shift, could find just enough room to make plays that normally just is not there.

(At least 50 on each 5)

TASK 4: PM sent

TASK 6:

Well, the things I have already completed is getting drafted and finding a decent role where I can play with my own strengths, last one especially is big, now I can just focus on improving as a player when I kinda know already what is expected. I don´t know how realistic it is, but scoring 100 goals would be cool milestone as a defender. Trying to be known as a defender who has a killer shot and who can score goals. If I hit 100 goals mark soonish, might push that to 150.

Then there is of course winning the cup, that is a ongoing goal though that never goes away from the bucket list. Winning gold medal with Team Finland is high on the list, basically any type of winning related thing is on my list and stays on it, I want to win as much as possible during my career. (152)

Task 10:

I was lucky enough to be part of cup winning team, so this off-season is nothing like normally. First off, we are going to party like there is no tomorrow for the next four or so days, got a giant parade in Edmonton in few days, so that will be a fun day. When we are done celebrating as a team, it´s time to take a breather and just relax. Eventually the day will come where we all get to spend a day with the cup. During my day, I will just look at it and take it to my parents house in Finland. Take a lot of pictures, maybe go into sauna with it etc, typical stuff really. After my day is over, it´s more relaxing and also trying to keep fitness levels up, so I don´t have to come into training camp in brutal condition. Overall, celebrating the cup victory, relaxing and working out is what I have planned out for my off-season! (165)
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 08:30 PM by Inf1d3l.)

Code:

The Manhattan Rage were close to making the finals this year, though we doubtfully would not heave reached the finals if we did. What are we missing? Not much honestly. We need some scoring, but that can be attained by the young core of the team growing their skills and cohesion with each other on the ice. Within a season or two, Manhattan could be dangerous. Players like Alex Winters having a banner rookie season can carry a team, and with him progressing even more going into next season, there is no reason to believe he can't be a very dangerous scorer. Then with players like McCarthy, Mayfield, and Baston moving up for Season 46, showing off a additional group of young talent, which can easily outclass other second and third lines in the league. So what does Manhattan need to compete in the playoffs? It's just a matter of time, and the league should be wary of this monster about to emerge.

Code:

1. This one is a bit hard, but looking at the intangibles on the ice, I think the edge goes to Augustus, and here's why. Augustus is leading the two in hits 56 to 39, and also isn't afraid to sacrifice his body a bit more, blocking 7 shots to just 3 for Kurczewski.

2. Fletcher – Augustus – Kurczewski  - - Ross - Schroder : Fletcher is sporting an impressive 54.03% Faceoff, Which Augustus and Kurczewski have been lighting it up scoring wise. As for defensively, Ross is the leader between the two teams on shots blocked, and Schroder is leading all defensemen in the playoffs with 14 points, putting up 7 goals and assists.

3. Rex Kirkby has been playing big on the third line for the Platoon, and I believe his intangibles will shine in the playoffs. He may only have a single assists so far these playoffs, but with 11 shots blocked and sporting a plus 4, he's keeping his line strong, keeping the puck out of his net, and making sure that when he leaves the ice, they are in a better position than they were before he started his shift.

4. The Platoon have fought hard to get where they are, and though they may come into the series as an underdog, JR95 and Wongy have put a spectacular set of players and lines on the ice going into what will be a street fight of a finals. Therefore, I think in terms of management and coaching, the Platoon have a tactical edge.

5. The second defensive pairing for the Platoon of Kadinger and Brokstad have been tested these playoffs. Putting up 30 shots blocked between the two, and 14 points, you'd think they are playing well, but each are coming into the finals with a -4 rating, which shows that they are being peppered and losing some battles. Some might say this is quite exploitable.

Code:

Sent cause lazy

Code:

Luckily I've had a pretty stellar start to my career. Between winning a Four Star Cup in my rookie season to winning the Quilha Agante Trophy for best Defensemen in the SMJHL in my sophomore season, I've been doing fantastic so far. As for my goals, a Challenge cup would be first on my list. Winning that trophy is the biggest accomplishment in the league, and putting the along side my Four Star Cup would be very satisfying for me. Next, I've won 2 silver medals in the IIHF juniors, and hope that I can win a gold this year, since once I move up to the majors my chance to win that particular medal will have ended. Finally, an IIHF gold medal would be an amazing feat. I'd love to complete the 4-way of all the major awards, and I feel like I'm seriously up to the task to win them all, and show the league who I really am.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Barret McCarthy is a man of simple tastes. He first plans on touring the micro brews of Manhattan, discovering which lager, ale, and stout in the city are the best, maybe looking to invest in the best one of them all. Once done with that, he plans on exploring the worlds outside... by staying inside and playing a massive amount of games. Slay the Spire, Overwatch, Path of Exile are some of his favorites. With so much downtime he can really hone his craft and climb the competitive ranks, or just sit back and be terrible at characters he wouldn't normally play. Once all that is done, it's time to hit the conditioning and training rooms to lose all the pounds he gained between the beer and brats. It's not easy being a beer and gaming connoisseur, it takes time, effort, and dedication, and McCarthy has pulled this off effortlessly. Seriously though, anyone else play Overwatch on PC, let me know!