Create Account

S45 Championship Week

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

When it comes to the Minnesota Chiefs it is clear that the departure of a Legend and future Hall of Famer like our Captain Alonzo Garbanzo hurted the team. He was an excellent defensemen but also a quality leader able to push young and old where they needed to go and do the job also on the ice both offensively and defensively. The addition mid season of Dick Skillstedt was welcomed but I believe the amount of penalty minutes he took was perhaps part reason why the Chiefs didn't get past the Platoon for the second season running. So for me what Minnesota needs is reinforcement on the blue line someone to pick up where Garbanzo left off in order to allow less shots on goals and give a chance to the forwards to do their job. Someone with leadership to help bring the new recruits to their fullest potential and help the older players to stay the course and be as good as they can be.

Word Count: 167

Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?
Season Stats for Kurczewski: 50 Games Played, 22 goals, 37 assists for 59 points. 40 penalty minutes an 11.76 shot percentage - Fourth in the league
Season Stats for Augustus: 50 games played, 22 goals, 38 assists for 60 points, 64 penalty minutes and 11.11 shot percentage - Third in the league
Playoff Stats for Kurczewski: 11 games played, 7 goals, 7 assists for 14 points, 2 penalty minutes and 18.42 shots percentage - Third in the league
Playoff Stats for Augustus: 11 games played, 7 goals, 9 assists for 16 points, 6 penalty minutes and 12,07 shots percentage - League Leader

Based on the stats showed above alone Augustus seems like the most valuable player of the two.
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?
I would say that West Kendal''s JR95 and Wongy due to their repeated presence in the playoffs and how far they've gone over the past seasons are the better of the two teams in terms of tactical and managerial expertise.

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

PM Sent!

TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Sebastien Primeau's Bucket List
One - Win the Challenge Cup as the Main Goalie of the Minnesota Chiefs, giving them their fourth Challenge Cup in team's history
Two - Win the IIHF World Tournament Gold Medal as a member of Team Sweden
Three - Become the best goaltender in Minnesota Chiefs' history in terms of most victories and other key records
Four - Become the best goaltender in Team Sweden's History in terms of most Victories and Medals
Five - Become an SHL Hall of Famer
Six - Have my number retired and raised to the room of the Arena as a member of the Minnesota Chiefs
Seven - Break as many Minnesota Chiefs records in terms of goaltenders
Eith - Win the Challenge Cup more than once as the Main Goalie of the Minnesota Chiefs
Nine - Win the Ron Mexico trophy at least once
Ten - Win the John McBride trophy at least once
Eleven - Win the Aidan Richan trophy once
Twelve - Win the Sarmhad Khan trophy at least once
Thirteen - Win the Anton Razov trophy at least once
Forthteen - Win the Mike Honcho at least twice
Fiftteen - Be the next player to be awarded to win the Vidrik Onoprienko Lifetime Achievement Award as it was not awarded to anyone since Season 42.

Word Count: 205

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

I think the Toronto North Stars are getting closer and closer to being able to compete in the Challenge Cup finals. With the team prospects now becoming all-star players added to veteran like Rhys and York, Toronto was in a position to compete this year after topping the Eastern Conference during the S44 regular season. On defense, I think our top 4 is good enough for us to be considered a contender with Krüger, Bergen, Rhys and Physt holding the blue line. On the offensive sign, our top 6 is still improving and starting from next season, with the improvement of Christiansen, Vakarian and Lokitonov, I think we will have a top 6 that his good enough for a contending team. However, we definitely need to add more quality depth to our third line if we want to go all the way. Finally, with McFadden getting older, we will need a new goaltender to hold the fort if we want to progress further in the playoffs.

Code:
Task 2: (Graphic, 2 TPE)
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: ePoOcY2.png]

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

Code:
1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?

I think Kurczewski will be the most valuable, because he will bring the previous experience playing in the finals he had with the Calgary Dragons to the Blizzard, which seem to have been lacking since they have not been able to put their hands on the highest honour in the SHL.

Code:
2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

G: Tommy Tuck
D: Connor Tanner
D: Ludwig Koch Schroder
F: Joe Kurczewski
F: Roman Augustus
F: Teddy Cuddles
I simply choose the best players from each team, because at the end of the day, I think talent is what will give you a championship. Both defender are excellent on the offense and on the defensive side of the puck. With the season he just had, Tommy Tuck is a no-brainer to choose between the pipes.

Code:
3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?

Edmonton Blizzard defenseman and S40 draftee Ensio Kalju will come up big in this final. He has already been stellar in the playoffs with eight points in 11 games and an impressive team high +7. Playing on the second pairing and on both the powerplay and the penalty kill, Kalju will have plenty of ice time to prove his worth to the rest of the SHL.

Code:
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?

In my opinion, the West Kendall general managers are the one in the better position to manage their team to a Challenge Cup wins, simply because they have done it before, West Kendall has won 2 of the last 4 playoffs. They have the experience and they know what they need to do to win and they will just have to repeat it.

Code:
5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.

For me, the West Kendall Platoons have a clear weakness in their defense. To go against a team with as much depth as the Blizzard, they will need all their three pairings to be stellar and I think there is a lack of talent on their defense after Ludwig Koch Schroder and this could ended up hurting them.

Code:
Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

Send via PM.

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Anders Christiansen still has a lot of things he wants to accomplish before he retires from the SHL. The first thing, which is probably the most common among SHL players, is to put his name on the Challenge Cup. Anders would also want to do the same on the international stage and win the IIHF tournament with Norway, he came close in his first season, but they ended up losing in the final game. Looking more at the individual side of things, Christiansen would like to end with one season with more than 50 points and this is something he wants to accomplish within the next three seasons. Anders has always been proud of being a forward that you can count on in the three zones and in all situations. This is why he would love to see his work reward by winning the Jeff Dar Award, which goes to the best two-way forward in the league.

[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png] 

[Image: salz58.png]

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 09:12 AM by Nictox.)

It's hard to judge what exactly the Jets are missing. They have a good mix of young and veteran players. They have points leaders and big checkers. They have an outstanding goalie. It is hard to dissect what exactly is needed. If I had to pick one thing I think is weak, it would be centers. The Jets only had 2 natural centers all season, with Williams filling in on the third line. With only two centers with good face off stats, it's hard to win possession of the puck and make good chances. Maybe if a third line center was there with good face off skills, the team would have performed differently. Not trying to blame just this as the reason the Jets were knocked out, but it certainly didn't help. As far as anything else the Jets would need? It's hard to say for sure, but a little puck luck would help.

Joe Kurczewski is definitely the game changer. Joe is always found among league leaders in Shots, Goals, Hits, and Points. Edmonton got a great deal on an all star player who has shown he can easily improve a team by just being there. Of course hockey is a team sport and one individual shouldn't change a game but make his team better.

2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

F- Joe Kurczewski
F- Roman Augustus
F- Dani Forsberg
D- Ludwig Kuch Schroder
D- Conner Tanner
G- Tommy Tuck

These are easily the best 5 players of the final round. Could you image this line coming at you? You'd be lucky to get out of your zone. This line is made up of three from each team that I feel are the best on their respected teams. Dani Forsberg will be setting up Joe and Roman for goals, while having offensive support at the blue line with Conner Tanner and Kuch Schroder.

3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?

I think the Rookie Tony Pepperoni will be one of the better young players on the ice. He had a good season and is looking to expand on that with a great post season. The young player will be giving it his all to show he can be Edmonton's next biggest star player.

5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.

I believe Edmonton relies heavily on their top 6 players as well as their top 4 defensive pairings. Now that isn't always a bad thing to do, you should be utilizing all of your players to their full potential no matter what line they are on. All West Kendall would have to do is shut down their top 6 by playing a little more defensively sound hockey and rely on their bottom 6 to create offense.

TASK 4: PM Sent

My bucket list consist of the common things any player would list. It started in the SMJHL. I wanted to be the best player on my team. Check, 2 seasons in a row. I wanted to win team awards and league trophies. Check, multiply of both. I wanted to be a difference maker in the playoffs. Check, two time Ronan O'Keefe winner. I wanted the Four Star Cup. BIG Check. Winning the Four Star Cup was my biggest want in the SMJHL and I was happy to win it with an amazing team in my last junior year. Wear a Letter. CHECK, Captain the St Louis Scarecrows for two great years, I'll never forget my time there.
Moving on to the SHL, I look to be an All-Star player. Hopefully win many team and league awards. Lead my team, be it in points or off the ice. Reach Hall of Fame status. Having something named after me (HUGE on my list). FInally, winning the Challenge Cup. Check, that's right, already have that under my belt.
I guess the only other thing on my bucket list is to win a Gold medal in IIHF to complete my collection of Four Star Cup, Challenge Cup, WJC Gold, and IIHF Gold. I would like to win it this season and be the youngest player to win all 4, in just 4 seasons.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

With the Winnipeg Jets getting swept in the first round, I had a lot of time to think about my future. I'd say I made one of the hardest decisions in my young career by wanting to test Free Agency. Not many players my age will do this, but I felt it was something I had to do. It's wasn't about the team's performance at all. I just could no longer see myself as a life long Jet. I talked to my GM about it and he was very understanding. I hope I can find a team to call home once free agency opens up. As of right now, I'm going to continue training my hardest and work at being one of the best players to come out of my draft class. I think I have one of the best improvement rates of the S43 class. I will not be taking any vacations or trips overseas, I'm a workaholic. I need to be a better player all around and I think next year will be a lot better.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 05:07 AM by Mack.)

Edmonton did make the Challenge cup this year which is awesome. The team looks to have a lot of players that could leave this offseason with expansion and some expiring contracts. I know on defense our prospects looks thin and hopefully we can get this area to grow in the near future. Joe Kurczewski  is a crucial piece with that leadership and a winning background but next year he will be gone. I think we could use a stud center with defense stength and tons of TPE. Maybe someone like Mike Izzy would be a great fit to come to Edmonton and leave Calgary behind. The more winners the better and the more people that really love the sim the better  in my books. Izzy seems to be a very dedicated user on the site and I would love to have his 2k+ player on the Blizzard and maybe even play on his wing one day.

Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: yggC7cm.png]
@- cpetrella
[Image: F5aR4MJ.png]
@ -TommySalami

Joe Kurczewski will be the piece that lifts Edmonton to the championship. He is a very positive force of light that guides us when some less experienced with winning struggle to believe. Nothing against Roman as he is being played crazy minutes over 25 a night but he will be too tired to keep it up in the finals and Joe will lead Edmonton to victory.

Joe Kurczewski C
Leafer Rielly  RW
Teddy Cuddles LW

Connor Tanner D
Ludwig Koch Schroder D

Tommy Tuck G

I picked these 5 but there is many great options. Joe is just amazing and I already explained above why I love him. Leafer playing amazing and always stands out to me as an amazing player that the coaching staff must love. Teddy just scored the game 7 OT winner for us last round and he is Teddy Clutch. On D Tanner and Schroder are both leading their teams and would be amazing as a duo. Tommy Tuck is as cool as  they come in net and I know he has what it takes to win it all!

Piotr Czerkawski in my opinion of S41 will be a sneaky X factor for this series and score at least one huge game winning goal. He has been a very dependable option against any line out there and although he is young he has done a great job shutting other lines down while scoring a couple goals. Look for him to make a big impact in the finals!

JR is as consistently awesome as it gets and I have a lot of respect for him. That being said I am going pure homer this round and saying karlssens and Keygan with the help of a very deep locker room have got this. They were smart in getting great players who know the sims well and most people in the locker room are on board with the plan.

Edmonton has Victor Valentine a 363 TPE defender playing on their third pairing and that just is not enough but in the playoffs you have got to deal with what you've got. If WKP can get their top guys out against the third pair of the Blizzard they may be able to burn them for a few. But Tuck is always there to shut the door as well.

Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.

[Image: JYBWkGq.png]

I am just starting my career so my bucket list is full. I want to have a long career and reach 2k TPE. I would love to win the most cups of all time and make some great friends along the way. Winning to me is just so fun and I think it can build some great bonds that last forever. I've had short SMJHL careers on my past players so staying consistent enough to hit 2k TPE would be a great success for my first real SHL player. I have met some amazing people on the site but careers really do last a long time in this league so I hope my career leads me to some lasting linemates and teammates I can call friends. Also I would love to score a fuck ton of goals! I love scoring and I know it's a bit selfish but damn it's fun to chip in some big goals!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 08:01 PM by ViN.)

Code:
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post [u]2[/u] of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: Zp43Bim.png]
@TheDangaZone

[Image: QLzEfpc.png]
(Donnie Dicks not calling the Falcons dicks, also used as penis joke)

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. The most valuable center would have to be Roman Augustus. Roman coming from a defense background brings a lot more to the table than your average center. While he has great faceoff abilities, he is also able to act as a third defenseman on the ice when the need arises if there is ever any sort of line change issues.

5. One of the bigger things I can say that can be exploited would be the first line defense pairing of the West Kendall Platoon.  While they carry a lot of experience and veteran leadership coming into these playoffs, their age is beginning to show compared to the Edmonton Blizzard’s top defensive pairing. I don’t believe that these guys will be able to keep up with the younger faster Edmonton forwards.

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

Completed.

Code:
Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.

[Image: 4yPwBcp.png]

Code:
Task 7: (Graphic, up to 3 TPE)
In an effort to boost spending the SHL wants to create a coupon flyer for challenge cup merchandise! Create coupons of items that involve something related to the Challenge Cup series. Coupon should have a visual component and wording about the sale. Each coupon is worth 1 TPE, you can do up to 3 coupons.

[Image: sqDz6S3.png]

[Image: 2pGtIQx.png]

[Image: Ykbsw90.png]

Code:
Task 9 (Graphic, 3 TPE)
People in West Kendall and Edmonton couldnt wait to read the morning paper the day their teams made it to the finals! Create the front page of a newspaper of 1 of the 2 teams clinching a berth into the Challenge Cup Championships!  Front page should include a newspaper background. the name of the newspaper, a catchy title and a picture with name of one of the player renders celebrating.

[Image: yrMC0Bf.png]

16/16 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 10:34 PM by trella.)

Most of you guys did not reach the Challenge Cup finals unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me, I did, and my team and I won the freaking cup! While the S45 Blizzard roster was very stacked up and down the roster, heading into S46 there will be some new holes to fill in order to make it back to the promised land. At the very least, the Blizzard will be losing Oisin Fletcher, Pawel Czerkawski, and Joe Kurczewski at forward, half of their top 6 and two absolute superstars and a future one. The Blizzard will also most likely be losing future star staring goalie, Aleister Cain to the New Orleans Specter in the expansion draft. These losses are really going to hurt the Edmonton Blizzard a lot. The Blizzard need to find 3 more forwards to fill the top 6. Whether that will be players on the roster like Demarcius Smyth, Tony Pepperoni, and Willy Mack, or maybe some free agents. The Blizzard need to start looking to get younger by bringing in young talent. Their main core are all nearing regression, and Teddy Cuddles and Chippy Chiclets just entered it. It will be a tough road to get back to the finals but with some smart moves, they can do it.

[Image: smyth.png?width=400&height=224]
@Blastmeaway

[Image: panthers.png?width=400&height=228]

1. While Joe Kurczewski is a fantastic talent and knows how to win, the Platoon have just simply relied on Augustus much heavier than the Blizzard have relied on Kurczewski. The Blizzard have a much more complete team and they have a lot of great players surrounding Joe, but Augustus has to do it a lot my himself sometimes, as he led the team in points.

2. F- Joe Kurczewski
F- Teddy Cuddles
F- Roman Augustus
D- Tor Tuck
D- Brady McIntyre
G- Tommy Tuck

I chose these six players because all but one of them have played for the best juniors team, the St. Louis Scarecrows. The Crows easily produce the best talent in the league at the most consistent rate. The only player who was not on the crows is goaltender Tommy Tuck, I chose him because he is better than Biscuit.

3. I think Pawel Czerkawski has the best chance to have a coming out party in this finals. He is playing with a bonafide superstar in Oisin Fletcher and a known clutch player in Teddy Cuddles on the first line. I can see Pawel being a secret weapon for the Blizzard in this series and I bet he will score a huge game winner.

4. Karl and Keygan definitely have the upper hand in the management category in this final. The amount of fantastic moves that they have made in the offseason really made the Blizz the best any team has ever been, and they figured out the best lines possible, so why can't they do it again? Keygs and Karl are far superior.

5. I'm going to do some scouting for the Blizz here. The Platoon are a very strong team in their forwards and in net, but they have a glaring weakness on the blue line. Apart from Ludwig Koch Shroder, The Platoon do not have much going for them on the defensive side. Blizzard, try to exploit the Platoon's defense when LKS is not on the ice, and you will win.

[Image: aeHAT06.png]

Sent.

There are a few things on my bucket list that I have completed already. First is be an allstar one season. That happened in S44, when I was a 2nd team all star after a fantastic breakout season. Another thing tht I really wanted to do in my career was win an individual award, which I did when I won the Aidan Richan Trophy as the best breakout player in my 3rd season in the SHL. The last thing on my bucket list that I wanted to accomplish was win a cup in Edmonton, which I just did this week as we won the S45 Challenge Cup. All I want to do now is become one of the best Blizzard players of all time, and hopefully win a few more cups with Edmonton. I wanna be a top 5 all time guy there and with a team with so many great players in their history, that will be a great feat for me.

Task 4: PM sent

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 11:43 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 3:

1. Joe Kurczewski has been a huge addition for the Edmonton Blizzard. He just helped slot everyone into their rightful positions in the top 6 and really solidified our forward group. He was a hyped up addition and did not disappoint, leading the team in scoring. He has also been a force in the playoffs, one of the reasons Edmonton is finally in the Challenge Cup Finals. (66 words)

2. My all-star starting lineup would be Oisin Fletcher, Joe Kurczewski, Cory Knouse, Tor Tuck, Connor Tanner, and Tommy Tuck. The three forwards have been some of the best forwards in the SHL and this season was no different. Tuck and Tanner on the back end has been forces all season long and could be the best 1-2 punch in the SHL. In goal, of course it's Tommy Tuck, who put up a historic season. Edmonton is very loaded. (78 words)

3. I think defenseman Ensio Kalju of the Edmonton Blizzard has a chance to really shine in this Challenge Cup Finals. Of course the attention will be on Tanner, Tuck, and McIntyre, but I think that leaves Kalju open to really break free. The attention won't be on him, even though it should, and he will have free range to really impact the game and move the puck to the forwards. He has offensive pop and that could be on display in the Finals. (83 words)

4. Edmonton's General Manger group has the edge over West Kendall's. With the Blizzard, you have the veteran, karl, who has seen and experienced in the SHL. Working under him, you have Keygan, who is a fresh face who can bring new and creative ideas to the board room. That combination is vital to success, as you have seen this season, with Edmonton putting up historic numbers. Give Edmonton the edge. (70 words)

5. If I was helping the Platoon find a weakness in their lineup, I'd tell them it's the blue line. They have a ton of high end talent at forward and goal, but the defense is lacking a little bit. They have a star in Ludwig Koch Schroder, but after that there is a lot to be desired. If there's one place that Edmonton can and will exploit, it's that defense, especially with the forwards that Edmonton boasts. West Kendall will need their defense to play above their heads in the Finals. (91 words)

Task 4:
PM'd

Task 6:

As a player in the SHL, of course I have a bucket list of things I would like to accomplish. Sadly, most of that stuff hasn't been checked off yet. As I get up in age, I keep pushing and pushing to get these things done. I'm still hopeful to complete my list.

The main thing on my list is to win a Challenge Cup. It's the ultimate goal for any player in the SHL and I'm no different. It's so hard to even make it to the Finals, let alone win, so now that my Blizzard are finally in the finals, we can't let this opportunity slip through our fingers. Hopefully I can check this off this season. The other thing on my bucket list is to lead the SHL in goals. I trained to be a pure sniper and put all my work into perfecting my shot. However, my career thus far hasn't been as much scoring as I thought it would be. I didn't really think I'd be getting more assists than goals, but it's still something that I'm going to keep working at. There's still time...

My bucket list is short, but it's two big goals that I want to achieve before my time is up in the SHL.

(213 words)

Task 8:

S45 CW Podcast

Task 10:

The seasons are long and grueling, so the off-season is very important for staying healthy and energized. Every off-season I do the same thing, mostly because it works to get me ready for the next season and because I like what I do.

At the end of every season, I take a couple of days to just relax in Edmonton and rest. After that, I get a ticket to go back to my hometown, Hamilton, and link up with my friends and family. You don't get to see your day ones a lot during the season, so it's important for me to finally get that time in. There's a lot of family activities that I like doing, like dinner parties, bbqs, movie trips, and so on. With my friends, we always take a road trip to the south for some beach time. This gives us a chance to catch up on things and just hang out together like the old days. I look forward to my time with my friends and family every off-season. Hopefully this off-season, I'll have the Challenge Cup to bring with me.

(186 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 04:22 AM by Boomcheck.)

The Manhattan Rage barely missed the playoffs, but there are clearly some fatal flaws on their roster. The goaltending has been alright, could be better but it has done well considering all factors. The defense looked sharp, but another puck moving defenseman in the #5 spot to support the bottom six would have been nice. Puck moving indicates that that they specialize in skating, puck handling and defense. The Main issue was definitely top end talent all around in the forward group. One more elite winger would have been nice in this top 6 while also filling in that third line center spot. Kovacs' game has not translated very well into the SHL so we could use more work in that regard and a clear upgrade. Berger and Aitto are fine as 1A/1B but I would prefer a different center that is more in tune defensively and can win face offs while distributing the puck. Scotty looks poised to lead the team between the pipes next season so the team may just fix itself from within.

This is a difficult question since both of them are ridiculously good as they are both the bruising types. Joe K lead Edmonton in points and has done well, but I feel WKP has relied on Roman more? He has been an absolute wrecking ball for them and has gone above and beyond for this franchise, putting up 60 points this season.
Roman Augustus
Cory Knouse
Dani Forsberg
Brady McIntyre
Tor Tuck
Tommy Tuck

I took a more traditional approach to this line up with a lot of physicality between the WKP C-W combo right there. Took an entire Edmonton defense, with one being more truculent while the other is more able to move the puck for transitions. Tommy Tuck has put together a magical season so I am going to stick with him for this group. Big fan of Knouse personally and I feel like he can carry a team on his back if ever needed.  
Rex Kirkby is a bottom pairing defenseman that does not get many looks in WKP but he will be key to the team's success lining up against Edmonton's terrifying defense. He blocked shots at a very good rate this season but may need assistance when it comes to keeping the play flowing. He only has 1 point this post season but I do believe he will finally turn it up in the finals.
I believe Edmonton's management group has the advantage since they actually have better d-men all around and quality pieces. WKP did great pulling in Roman to match up with opposing team's top players but Joe K is only on the second line. Fletcher can easily awaken and take over this series alongside his set of wingers.
I believe the difference will be made up in goaltending. WKP has solid goaltending but Biscuit has been just a little behind of Tuck this season and the play offs. This may be a product of the overall defensive capability of the team but the defense for WKP needs to clear the crease and make good on the physical presence of their forwards. They need to make things easy for Biscuit or they may be losing some close games.

PM Sent to Mike Izzy

I have not accomplished any task listed on my bucket list to be honest. Did not get named to the all rookie team, wasn't even nominated for rookie of the year. I am 8 surplus points away from scoring at a 0.5 PPG pace over my career and I have kept pace through Jakobsen's first three seasons in the SHL scoring wise. He is a hall of famer and Carter is similar to Magnus in many ways skill wise. I do want to score 20 goals at least once in the SHL and make an all star team. Lofty expectations but I do believe I am poised to do so. 300 career points is another level I want to reach but this will require a lot of effort that I am willing to put in. An award would be nice, but I doubt I will be voted for one so my next best bet is the goal scoring title that will only come with more opportunity.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

No days off with a complete training scheduled geared towards maximum improvement. I have been told that I will be exposed in the expansion draft and am slated to become a Free Agent. This could mean a lot of things but the future is UNCERTAIN. The main goal is to get a pay day to replenish the bank account and get rolling. The IIHF USA team will likely pick me up so that is another task to deal with, possibly even get in some shifts with Jason Visser and Louie Garrett? I am open to meeting with any team as long as they are willing to pay me, even the expansion team that picks me up. Invest in me and I will deliver RESULTS! I am definitely tired of always missing the play offs but there is a lot of prime still left in my body so there is that. Rehab has been arranged and a gold medal from the IIHF may be just what I need to get some heads turning my way. $$$

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 05:20 AM by Avakael.)

This season, I honestly didn't feel like we were missing a damn thing. The Buffalo Stampede have one of the strongest rosters in the east. The Buffalo Stampede should have made the playoffs. The Buffalo Stampede did not make the playoffs- for the second season in a row. As a result of retirements, we are now missing two core players- Viktor Vorkampfer, and Jordin FourFour Jr. Vorkampfer, a veteran on the team, has been one of the best defensive centers in the league. Not many people make those kinds of players anymore, and he will be sorely missed. A replacement for him would ideally be a center with strengths of defence, passing and puck handling. We could get away with checking weakness- there's many hitters on our squad. An even bigger loss is FourFour Jr- FourFour has been our goaltender for several seasons, and snagged trophies for his work. We are already sitting on a replacement in the form of Cedric Robinson, ready to be called up next season, but he will be sorely missed.

Between Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus when trying to determine the most valuable player for this series. I have to go with Joe Kurczewski. He's always been the number one guy over Augustus in Calgary. He's got a veteran presence and he's been to more cup finals than Augustus has, and he's the better leader.
My Lineup is,
C - Oisin Fletcher
W - Joe Kurczewski
W - Dani Forsberg
D - Ludwig Koch Schroder
D - Tor Tuck
G - Beaujeaux Biscuit
I pick Beaujeax Biscuit over Tommy Tuck because he's the veteran; he's got the bigger trophy cabinet, and because he had a bigger hand in getting his team to the final than Tuck did. I picked Tuck and LKS, because one is a Stevens winner, and the other is disgustingly unlucky to not be a Stevens winner. I picked Forsberg and Fletcher because both have led the league in points and scoring before, recently, and I pick Kurczewski to play out of position on the wing because he's the best of the rest and I wanted 3 guys from each team.

Of the S40 and newer players, I think Tony Pepperoni and Florence Clijsters are the two youngers with the biggest opportunity to prove themselves this series. Both are extremely promising young forwards on the 3rd line. This matters, because both West Kendall and Edmonton have stacked 1st and 2nd lines, but the 3rd is where the talent starts to taper off a little; the coaches will be nervous when they're on the ice. Whichever 3rd line slays the other could very well decide the series.
For West Kendall, the one (and perhaps only) area they desperately need further assistance in is defence. Ludwig Koch Schroder and Jon Ross are both excellent workhorses, but after that it gets a bit fishy. Kadinger, Brokstad and Kikkoman were all strongly hyped players, but none of them quite turned out to what we were all hoping they'd be, especially Kikkoman, who was traded from Manhattan. Kirby is also there, but he's still inexperienced. They really could have used one more veteran D who's been there before.

SENT

Alexis Metzler absolutely has a bucket list, and he's written about it publicly before. Firstly, and foremostly, he accepts that he's probably not going to win any more individual league-wide awards; he's on the other side of the hill. But he desperately wants to win the cup, and he may consider putting other things on the list aside in favour of that. Secondly, and almost as importantly as the cup, he wants to play a full twenty seasons for the Buffalo Stampede. He might not remain captain the entire way, but he's only been captain for about 7 or 8 seasons as it is- mind you, breaking any league records for how long a team keeps the same captain is also quite desirable. Thirdly, and this is an odd goal, but bare with me- he wants to play with friends. He's never been great at making them, even as captain; but lifelong friends are hard to get and hockey is the right sport to acquire them in.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Alexis Metzler has a set plan for his offseason. It's been inquired about before, and it never changes. Firstly, once he's no longer required in Buffalo, he gets in his yacht, and sails through the great lakes- all the way from Buffalo to Duluth, Minnesota. On the way through Minnesota, he stops in Minneapolis and meets up with Zach Evans- where they play their annual minigolf series- the combined lowest score over all 9 courses is the winner. He then drives to Minnewaukan in North Dakota to be with his family, where he'll play a bit more golf and sail on the lake there. He'll spend a few days in Bismarck to help with a local youth hockey program, and then he'll drive back to Duluth for the trip home on the yacht again. This trip has one more stop; it's in Detroit, where he meets all the new rookies post draft and gives them advice on how to handle themselves in professional sports. Then, it's back to Buffalo, for the preseason camp.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 12:39 PM by majesiu.)

Quote:TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Well, Edmonton certainly reached the finals finally so it's hard to talk about what they are missing since they are rather a complete team. But if we were to look into the future than they certainly might be missing talented playmaker with strengths in Passing, Puck Handling and Defence as well as former MVP that is deadly Sniper with defensive prowess. They have both weaknesses in checking because it's one of many useless attributes. So what other teams could really use duo like this one that would be properly utilized then? I think any team could use a duo that will be both well over 1200+ TPE before the start of next season and complement each other greatly. Maybe one of the young and up and coming teams in Rage or Pride or the expansion teams that will need basically every possible reinforcement and have opened up a ton of minutes. Finally, a team that is yet another attempting to shake off the bad reputation of previous management and decisions by rebrand and relocation to give a franchise a new start.

Quote:Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
2. Quite easy it will go like this D - Tor Tuck, D - Brady McIntyre, F - Oisin Fletcher, F - Joe Kurczewski, F - Piotr Czerkawski, G - Tommy Tuck - this is a powerhouse lineup that led a team to an SHL record of wins and points in the regular season and finally broke the curse and got Blizzard into the finals. Easily one more of similar strength could have been created from Edmonton players. Of course, West Kendal Platon has some good players too, but too hard to search for them.
3. We have Ensio Kalju that brings physical force, Rookie Tony Pepperoni with a lot of grit and Piotr Czerkawski that brings so much salt to the game that you can count on him using some dirty tricks lick spitting it in front of a goalie to melt some ice and make him make mistakes, because of that. There is also Willy Mack that just joined the team and Alistair Cain as the backup goalie.
4. JR is a simmer but I have no clue about Wongy and instead spent a lot of time with Keygan and karlssens so have to give them an edge here, because it's easier to write about them. Blizzard was put in uneasy position two seasons ago with former co-GM given GM job of another team and leaving his team, where he was the best player. Instead of breaking down they rose to the occasion and created the most deadly team in SHL history.
5. Blizzard simply cannot be exploited, they have the third line that could be the 1st line on most teams in the league, the 5th defender would be the best somewhere else and every team would kill to give Edmonton backup goalie starting role. If anything they should exploit chemistry issues that always linger and slip something into Czerkawski's cofee - you can bet anything can irritate him and if he has a bad day he will just go on a constant rant instead of bothering with a puck or a game.

Quote:TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] Also, please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.
Sent to Mike Izzy

Quote:Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!
He is not, but oh well he has big plans for this offseason that go beyond training as his build, despite being just S41 approaches a point of near completion with maxed non-strength stats and even his passing and defense will be at 99 before next season even starts. So he will train hard as always especially with a bank account he really repaired and was never in as good shape as now in the SHL (still far lower than in other leagues, but grind here is terrible). Once he is done with that he plans to really enjoy free agency for the first time in his SHL career as so far he signed his rookie contract and then in final RFA extended for three years, which was a terrible mistake, but hindsight is 20/20. If you knew you'd slip you'd lie down. With the expansion, a ton of playing time will open up and Piotr plans to take full advantage of it, after truly terrible for developing at his rate player season of 14 points.

Task Affiliation:
PBE Link

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 07:32 AM by Baelor Swift.)

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

We did fairly well this season, making the Eastern Conference Championship for the second season in a row but also falling to the Platoon for the second season in a row. I think it is safe to say that the biggest thing we need is more experience on defense. I mean, our first pairing is a second year player in George Moore and a rookie in Poopity Scoop. While George and Poopity certainly held it down well beyond anyone's expectations this season, it's still quite obvious that we need more strength back on the blueline. We need an all-around defenseman, someone who can shut down opponents and just as easily make plays offensively and use top level passing to feed our elite forwards. While it may be tempting to just go out and buy such a player, we need to be careful. We have some great prospects and that type of player we are looking for... Moore and Scoop can easily become that in a couple seasons and can form the SHL's best pairing. But we unquestionably could have benefited from an true number one defenseman this season and, if we had one, who knows... Perhaps we would be up against Edmonton right now.

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Both Augustus and Kurczewski are leading their teams in points so, obviously, both are incredibly valuable to their respective teams. However, the Platoon definitely rely more on Augustus than the Blizzard do on Kurczewski. Augustus is relied on in every situation and is the team leader in ice time these playoffs by a big margin. What's more is that Augustus is one of the best in the league at faceoffs. If he doesn't show up, the Platoon's entire game plan is in jeopardy as their play revolves around the elite forward.

2. Joe Kurczewski - Roman Augustus - Teddy Cuddles - Tor Tuck - Ludqig Koch-Schroder - Tommy Tuck
This is a lineup that could easily be the All-SHL First Team roster and nobody would bat an eye. All six players are elite talents and not only are elite talents but have performed extremely well these playoffs and are huge reasons their respective squads are facing off in the finals. Of course, we have each team's leader scorer in Kurczewski and Augustus. Then we have Cuddles, who is putting together a great offensive performance. LKS brings great offense from the blueline while Tor Tuck can do it all as a defenseman - even adding tremendous physical play. And at goaltender, we need to have Tommy Tuck here. He's following up an amazing regular season with an outstanding playoffs.

3. While he has been fairly quiet in these playoffs thus far, Piotr Czerkawski has the best chance of the young guns in this series to be a true difference maker. The third overall pick in the Season 41 SHL Entry Draft, Czerkawski is a highly talented playmaker who I think we will see do more than he has thus far. I mean, being on a line with Teddy Cuddles and Oisin Fletcher, he will be relied on as a distributor and should be able to utilize his slick passing to be a bigger part of his team's offensive attack.

4. I have to give it to JR95 and Wongy here. While Edmonton has had the more impressive Season 45, they've consistently failed at the biggest stage under the leadership of karlssens. On the other hand, West Kendall, as of late, has enjoyed more post season success and based on this track record, I have to put the advantage in the hands of West Kendall. However, this should not be a slight to Edmonton - I think they will pull this off. I just think they have yet to prove they have the tactical edge... but they definitely have the edge in terms of talent on their roster.

5. I will take the more challenging option here and give a report on the Blizzard, who lost just 9 games all regular season. This is a team that has a strong roster, top to bottom and will be a challenge for the Platoon. However, I think the Platoon really need to utilize their depth to attack and exploit Edmonton's stacked lines. They need to run three forward lines - perhaps a 1, 2a, and 2b or even a 1a, 1b, 1c. And on defense, they need to be smart but make sure LKS is out on the ice as often as possible. If they do this, they may be able to tire the Blizzard out and use their depth to attack and outlast a fatigued Bizzard team late in games.

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

SENT but "recess cup" lol?

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

So my career has only just started as my rookie year just finished. So I have a lot planned. I've had a strong career so far. From setting the Falcons franchise plus/minus record, winning the Onoprienko Trophy, to pacing my draft class in TPE. I also think my rookie year in the SHL was definitely successful. 28 points, +11, 108 hits, 60 blocked shots... it was an all around performance that I think will really put myself on the map and should earn me, at the very least, a spot on the All-Rookie Team. If not, I'll come and bop the fuck out of the All-Star Committee. In the future, I have some goals:

-3 Championships - no legacy is complete without being a winner
-2 Stevens Trophies - I'm gonna be the best so I need the hardware to prove it
-2 Turd Ferguson Trophies - I'm no dinky defenseman like most scrubs in this league
-All-Time Hits Leader - I'm a fucking menace so I'll prove it with this
-First Ballot Hall of Famer - See above
-Trophy named after me - Poopity Scoop is gonna be an SHL legend

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Unfortunately, we lost in the Eastern Conference Finals but now that means the off-season is set in motion. So, for the off-season, I am planning to go to North Korea with George Moore and Derek Bohne where we will work to help promote the Chiefs and the SHL and hopefully organize an exhibition match there in Pyongyang. This may seem like a far fetched idea but it is something I am very passionate about - promoting the sport of ice hockey near and far. I will hopefully meet with Kim Jong-un and the North Korean National Ice Hockey Team to pitch my ideas and to become a true ambassador of the sport. Some may say I'm crazy but I say I'm just the Dennis Rodman of ice hockey. Which probably does nothing to counter calling me crazy but see if I care. I am born of Kanye's heart and I draw inspiration from Yeezus and he will surely guide my to success and prosperity for many years to come.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

For me the answer is clearly Roman Augustus. Augustus has the edge points wise which is easy to see why that is more valuable. But digging deeper into that Augustus has taken 20 more shots than JK. RA is creating more chances than JK and that may not show up on the score sheet but it valuable nonetheless. RA also brings more physicality to the ice. He holds the edge on hits and shot blocks with JK. 

Forwards: Roman Augustus, Joe Kurczewski, Leafer Rielly
Defense: Ludwig Koch Schroder, Connor Tanner
Goalie: Tommy Tuck
Augustus and Kurczewski are obvious choices for the top line. They are easily the two best forwards on each team. I put a third liner up here with them though. Rielly has had a solid playoff run being 2nd among forwards for points. He has a solid set up game which when combined with RA's physical game and JK's skills will spell goals goals goals. Defense is a no brainer as well. Schroder and Tanner are the two best on each team. Tanner has the 2nd most points on the Blizzard and has the 2nd most shot blocks. Schroder is the same, 2nd in points on the team and blocks as well. Solid at both ends. Goalie is a bit of a toss up. Both of the starting goalies are nearly identical. Tuck has a slight advantage numbers-wise so he gets the nod in net. 

Looking strictly at the postseason I think Florence Clijsters has a chance to capture the spotlight. Florence has put up a decent amount of points, 6, in 200 minutes played. Clijsters has a major penalty that let's you see there is some intensity there that fans love to see. The biggest reason I see Florence Clijsters seizing the spotlight is a 4.76% shooting percentage. That is bad puck luck. It is going to swing the other way and make a championship series hero.

I am fairly new to the site so I can't say I know all the intricacies of how being a GM goes but just looking at the raw data I'd give West Kendall the advantage. West Kendall seems to have a much more potent offense and that is just too good to pass up. A GM or coach can try to stop offense but talented scorers are always going to find a way to score. Without a couple true offensive threats to back up the defense they are going to get smoked. WK just has to keep the pressure and Edmonton will overthink their gameplan.

Let's scout Edmonton. Exploit that third team. Edmonton basically runs two lines but when that 3rd line is out make them pay. They have combined for just 10 points in the postseason. They don't really play a physical game or block a lot of shots. Get the match ups you want and expose those three whenever they step on the ice. Edmonton will tire out their 2 other lines in an attempt to protect the 3rd line and a tired opponent is a good one.

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] Also, please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

PM sent to @Mike Izzy

My career started out by not achieving something on my bucket list. I wanted to start off being a high draft pick in the SMJHL draft but I went undrafted. Since then though I have completed a few bucket list items. I have become a top 4 defenseman for the Detroit Falcons, I've been in the top 10 for hits, shot blocks, fights, and fights won simultaneously, and I was drafted in the first round of the SHL draft by the West Kendall Platoon. As far as things not yet accomplished yet go hardware is a big part of it. I hope to win the Four Star Cup before starting my career in the SHL. Once I do make my way up I want to win the Challenge Cup. I am not one for individual accolades though. I only care about being a top pairing shutdown D. If I can achieve that I will be able to retire happily. 

(159)

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

The perfect offseason should be well balanced between rest and training. I'll be heading back home to Boston to recoup. Since joining Detroit, I haven't had much time to see my family. After taking a little bit of recovery time and catching up with family it will back to the grindstone. Nothing crazy for sure but I'll continue on improving my skating game like I have since joining the SMJHL. I'll be hitting the gym to work on my strength and watching tapes to improve my game and better understand opponent's systems in both the SMJHL and the SHL. I have been contacted about playing for Team Latvia which will keep me sharp in the offseason as well. It was a difficult decision to leave Team USA after playing for them in the WJC last year. Although I was born in Boston, my family originally hails from Latvia and it seemed like a great opportunity for me. Hopefully I can make my great grandfather proud by representing our ancestral home. 

(170)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

[Image: Xq4xosA.jpg]
@JKortesi81

[Image: NKDBr2U.jpg]

While Joe Kurczewski is undoubtedly one of the finest centers in the SHL today Roman Augustus has taken WKP to another level. Platoon stalwart Dani Forsberg has been struggling for consistency before Augustus was added and afterwards exploded for a career high in goals scored and went at over PPG pace. If those two can combine well then the Blizzard will struggle to match the Platoon.

F- Roman Augustus
F- Dani Forsberg
F- Joe Kurczewski
D- Connor Tanner
D- Ludwig Koch-Shroeder
G- Tommy Tuck

I more of less went for the flavour of the moment. Tanner, Koch-Shroeder, Augustus and Kurczewski have all been impressive in the post season for their teams and rightfully deserve to be in the starting line up. Forsberg perhaps hasn't quite met expectations but he is an explosive force and has the ability to change a game at a moments notice and therefore too good to leave out. Tuck just edges Bojo for the net minder slot.

Rex Kirkby despite being only in his second full season with the Platoon is no stranger to the SHL finals. He was in the stands for West Kendall's win two seasons ago and despite playing on the losing team last season he had a tidy playoffs for a freshman. So far this playoffs he has been somewhat underwhelming and is following in the foot steps of his great mentor @ml002 by only scoring '1 point in playoffs'. With Edmontons depth Kirkby will have to step up to the plate and give West Kendall that final push that they may need to get across the line.

Karlssens and Keygan are coming off of the best regular season ever so people who are picking them can't be faulted. However I feel the experience of JR and Wongy will be the deciding factor in this series. While maybe not in control of the better team on paper the WKP management are wily and experienced campaigners and will surely have some tricks up their sleaves in an effort to catch Edmonton cold.

It seems somewhat futile to pick holes in the rosters of the two teams that topped their respective conferences. If I had to choose it would the fact that Edmonton are using Victor Valentine on their third pair. The entire Blizzard roster is stacked but Valentine is a notable weak spot, if the Platoon can isolate and put pressure on Valentine during transition then they should be able to exploit match ups and peg Edmonton into their own zone.

PM sent.

Rex Kirkby is the first in his family to make it to the big time and he wants to lay down a bench mark for any future Kirkby's that break into the SHL. The Ultimate goal on his bucket list to earn a place among the greats of the game and reach the hall of fame. Subsidiary goals are to pass Bojo senior as the preeminent defenseman in West Kendall Platoon history, win a Challenge trophy especially after the disappointment of last season, win at least one Steven's and also to help West Kendall maintain the dynasty that it has begun to forge. These are all lofty goals but after making it to the finals of WJC, SMJHL and the SHL and unfortunately falling short at all three hurdles Kirkby is looking to push on, win when it matters, and cement his place in SHL history.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

West Kendall are in the finals against Edmonton and at this risk of this comment not aging well I hope that by the time that the off season rolls around Rex Kirkby will have achieved one of his dreams by lofting the Challenge Cup. Edmonton are a formidible opponent but the Platoon should have enough to get by them. Once the finals series is over Kirkby will head back to his native England to visit family and tuck into a proper roast topped off with a few pints of real ale. After that itll be a whistle stop tour of one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Croatian coast, before returning to Miami to start pre season training. With the retirement of Jon Ross there is an opening on the top pairing and Kirkby will be looking to grab it with both hands. A rigorous pre season schedule will ensure that he is in tip top shape for the start of the forty sixth season.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

For Toronto, I think offensively we did pretty well. I was almost a point per game, Zander and Lyndis both were a point per game, and Richard contributed a massive 16 hits. West Kendall thoroughly outplayed us, even though I think that we played pretty well. What let us down was our goalkeeping. Our goalie, Michael McFadden, used to be good. Now he’s bad, inactive, and a huge scrub. He played really badly during the series. His GAA was a massive 3.94. That’s horrible. What’s worse is his BELOW .900 save percentage of 0.895. He let up 20 goals in five games. TWENTY GOALS IN FIVE GAMES! It’s a shame, because before this, McFadden was a reliable shutdown goalie for Seattle and Edmonton, but regression has hit him hard. We need a better, younger, and more active goalie (á la Sebastian Primeau or the former North Star Tommy Tuck) to strengthen the space between the pipes. If we had that, I think the series would’ve been both closer and more interesting. Maybe, it would’ve ended in a North Stars victory, and West Kendall wouldn’t have made the finals.

Code:

I know that Joe and Roman are close, and both have championship pedigrees, but I’ll say Roman. Roman is in the prime of his career, with one big season before regression. Meanwhile, Joe is in regression. I can see Roman firing the Platoon to the Cup as Joe still puts up good numbers but can’t add that clutch factor that he’s normally known for.

Code:

sent

Code:

I’ve been able to accomplish a fair amount of things on my bucket list. Here’s it in full detail:
Win at least 1 gold medal with Ireland
Win a Challenge Cup
Win a SHL Award
Score at least 40 points in a season

I was able to accomplish the first item (win at least 1 gold medal) in spectacular fashion, as we’ve won 3 in a row (with our eyes on a fourth). The Challenge Cup is probably something I’m never going to win. As a player getting up there in age, with regression about to happen after this season, my production is going to be limited. Thankfully, I was able to score at least 40 points in a season 2 times, with 46 points during my peak season in Seattle, and 40 points this season split between Seattle and Toronto. It shows that when I was in my prime, I was an effective top six forward who could score. But, as I get up there in age, I’ve realized that the only way I will be able to win a cup is to go cup chasing, which is something I’ve never really wanted to do. Sure, I’ve been traded a lot, but cup chasing is a bit too far. This also likely means that I’ll never win an SHL award. If there was a Lady Byng type award for the SHL, then I’d probably win it (as I received a grand total of 0 penalty minutes this year), but Lombardi was never a good defensive player, his scoring hasn’t been as good as it probably could have been (99 scoring’s done shit for me), and he’s way too much of a clean player to get penalty minutes. I can’t see him winning any awards, or the Challenge Cup. It’s sad, but I hope he’ll go down in SHL history as a good player.

Task 10
It was a tough playoff series against West Kendall, but now we head into the offseason, and I’m very excited for what’s going on. I’ve made plans with Liam O’Callaghan (@Dangles13) and Jack Tanner (@Beaver) to go to Dublin early and prepare for the upcoming IIHF tournament. It’s very important for us this year, as Ireland has won three gold medals in a row, and we really want to win a fourth for the people of the country. Our plans are simple: practice at a rink in Dublin for most of the day, and at the end of it, hit Dublin’s best pubs to get hella drunk (my girlfriend doesn’t mind, trust me). It’s foolproof. Last year, we did the same thing, and it was AMAZING. After practicing slappers one night in Kilkenny, we went to a local pub, where Liam got very drunk and started chatting up the bartender. It went so well that they got married a year later. Jack woke up in a garbage can the next day after drinking waaaay too much and thinking the can was the best place to sleep. I got so shitfaced that I thought everything was a cream pie, so I tried to eat people, which is disgusting. Anyways, I’m really looking forward for our yearly Dublin trip.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs