Create Account

S46 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread

Welcome Prospects, I am the Co-GM of the Halifax Raiders! We have a very active Discord locker room that we are extremely proud of, and we are looking to add dedicated rookies to develop and win cups with!  With the draft coming soon these questions will help us get to know you a little. If you have any questions for me or the Halifax staff, please feel free to PM me here or on Discord, my Discord is slothfacekilla#7809. 

1- Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord)

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)?

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?

5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you?

6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?

7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not?

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?

13- Very important……..Waffles or Pancakes?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Joseph Laraque, LW, Blix#7392

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)
Speedy puck possession sniper

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)?
Played a long time ago and was majority inactive. Looking to do things right this time.

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?
Absolutely

I expect a friendly team atmosphere, a push to win, and general knowledge on how to make it in the SHL.

I simply know what I'm doing and will be the best prepared to improve rapidly.

I would absolutely like to be a member of the Raiders, Morgan is one of my good buds.

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?
Absolutely

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?
Not opposed.

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
I believe you can do both as a close knit locker room will generally lead to championships.

Not sure what the general consensus is, but I figure the SHL team to draft me will likely make that decision for me.

Depends on the mood.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 02:02 AM by vbottas17.)

Thomas Bathory, defenseman, bring back chatzy

Two way defenseman who can provide offense

Im not new but the SHL is constantly evolving, I'm happy to be a part of the next chapter of the league.

Yep. Doesn't seem to help my player though Smile)

Hoping to go somewhere with a great locker room that wants to win and believes I can contribute in both areas.

Experience with the sim, early start for my draft class so I can hopefully contribute more by post-season and throughout the regular season as well. My history with the team.

Yeah definitely. The teams an awesome group of people and i believe the Raiders are a great team to be a part of. It was a lot of fun to latch on for the end of last season and i would be very happy to continue with the team. I would love to contribute to Halifax's next championship.

You know me, I've been a 5 haha

Sure.

Nope.

Close-knit locker rooms lead to improvement anong the team and championships in juniors.

Probably 3 seasons? My draft season and two send-down seasons.

Pancakes only because I've had them two times in the last week. This could change if I ever get a waffle iron!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

1- Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord) Austin Roenick, RW and Leafer#6227

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen) - Sniper who can score goals and more goals.

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)? I'm old.

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money? Yes and I am rich.

5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you? Good locker room and does not suck.

6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? I'm the best and others are scrubs.

7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not? I can join any team but Halifax because I like the city.

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 5

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Yes

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team? Maybe, maybe not.

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Both.

12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? 2-3

13- Very important……..Waffles or Pancakes? Waffles and its not even close.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Borůvka Banananák - Right Winger - #6889

Short sniper, just like Chernika Banananov, my first player

No

Yes

Win a cup?

I have made a hall of fame player and Blåbär Bananerström was really good in juniors.

I don't know why not, I don't hate any junior team.

3-4

Yes

No

Either? Locker room doesn't mean as much to me since I am not always online

2-4?

Pancakes

Marc Hagan, Center, CampinKiller#4205

Shutdown, 2-way center that goes bar south

No

Yes

Active LR, and dubs

I'm very good at building players. Also I'm a 2-way center

Why not, I don't have any problems with junior teams

Yes

No

Both

2-3 max

Waffles, is this a question?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

1- Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord) Joshua Maugher - Defense

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen) Physical Defensively Sound D-Man

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)? Yes I'm new.

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money? Somewhat.

5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you? Maybe some guidance on how the site works?

6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? I'm not sure what other prospects offer.

7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not? I would like to because I'm a big fan of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads, my local team.

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 2

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? I don't use discord.

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team? yes I'm opposed

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? winning

12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? I am a big juniors fan in real life so... 4?

13- Very important……..Waffles or Pancakes? Pancakes

Khan Smeb

Derek Pouliot

Yes, detailed.

No

First line minute, first line numbers, first line player, multiple cup winner, i expect to play with the best.

i am the best, no doubt

no

0, below never

lolno.

no thanks. i am derek pouliot and i am the best player

winning championship

both are disgusting.

Discord are for plebs

martijn westbroek - missionary - it's a secret

good pl'r

yes.

no?

don't suck shit

i don't suck shit

if they don't suck shit

what?

fuck no

winning

blue waffles

1- Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord) Filip Zadina, Winger, JJLangabeer

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen) speedy Winger, and still good in his own end. I ride the defensive stat really hard.

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)? Nope, this will be my 3rd Skater

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money? Yup, and currently have i think 50 million in the bank.

5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you? Nothing, just have fun, besides a good active Discord

6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? I don't know, I tend to be a TPE gluten.

7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not? I don't have a true preference where I go, Just want to be with a good group of teammates.

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) I would say a 4 to 5.

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Yup, thats what I prefer most.

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team? I have before and would do it again.

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Locker room, but winning a Championship is always fun too.

12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? My last skater was 4 I usually see whats going on with my SHL Drafted team and if I can stay down and help win a Four Star cup, Ill do it.

13- Very important……..Waffles or Pancakes? WAFFLES!!!

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

1 - Player name, position and Discord ID (if you have Discord)
Gunnar Söderberg, RW, Jess#1802

Playmaker forward who does all the passes

I am totally new and I have no expectations except that I want to have fun with my pretend hockey player. 

Yeah I think I get it

Be nice to me and give me good coaching and let me develop my character Smile

I tried my very hardest on every single one of these surveys Tongue

7- Would you like to be a member of the Halifax Raiders, why or why not? Let’s say this is my second choice right now?

Yeah I’m on discord a lot

I would rather be told how to do the best I can with what I want to do, but I’m open to advice!

the locker room thing, championships are only fun if you don’t hate everybody you’re playing with

As long as it takes

You get a waffle, you put a scoop of ice cream on top of it, then you gently lay a pancake on top of the ice cream.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Sami Raanta, Center

Offensive all-around Center

I am new to SHL. I hope to find something that keeps me entertained and brings me together with fun people. I didn't have a lot of expectation when I came but it looks very good so far.

I do understand. And I understood that it will take some effort to become a very good player.

I want to content for the Cup and I want to play a huge part in that.

My drive to win it all and what I will invest in my player to do so.

I want to be a member because of a rich history. In the end I just want to find a team that wants me.

4-5

That is okay. I will get into it.

No. 

Honestly: Winning championships.

No idea yet.

Pancakes.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

Esa Parmborg, Center. Esa#3675

Speedy Playmaking center or wing (whatever you need more) who was good general offense and two-way play. PP/PK etc.

I'm not new. In fact I'm a grizzled veteran.

Yep, I got it covered.

I would expect to come in and have some fun with the group, meet new people, make a great player and hopefully help my team win a championship.

I had a 29yr career with my last player Esa Anrikkanen. You might have heard of him.

I would like to to yes, I know a few guys on the team already and plus I think you have an awesome logo and color scheme.

Yes, I am on there everyday chatting in Calgary anyway. I would check in and participate in Halifax as well. I also like the site LR if you have that.

Team wins are most important so I'm open to tweaking based on line chemistry, etc. I know how to build an good player tho so you probably don't have to worry.

I'd like to win a 4 star cup, but imo you can't do that without everyone buying into a system and that stems from having a close knit locker room. So both.

2 Seasons guaranteed. Possible 3rd season depending on what Calgary needs at the time. No promises on year 3, but maybe.

Pancakes, apple, banana, blueberry, choc chip or regular are great, but a waffle is like a big pancake with bowls built into hold syrup which is nice. I'd have to say.... chicken parm.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Seemu Telanne -- RW -- hockeyis66 #7642

sniper that can skate and play some D

no been here before as lord vader -- texas

yes no issues here

fun team atmosphere and hopefully a championship in the end

I have been around STHS and sims leagues for a long time so I am a wealth of knowledge when it comes to that

absolutely -- I am happy to go to any team that drafts me

I am down with that for sure

as long as we would map out my build to 350, I am definitely ok with that

close knit LR

I ll take one of each

Jules L'Eclair, wing
sniper
yes
no
nothing
i'm fat
dunno
yes
depends
nothing
depends
whatever gets me fat