Create Account

Chiefs' Nova unhappy with 2OA trade
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 10:49 PM by sarmo.)

Minnesota Chiefs superstar center Terrance Nova was not happy about the team's decision to trade the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft to the Hamilton Steelhawks.

"I don't like it," Nova said in an interview with local sports media. "To be honest with you, I don't like it."

"I mean no disrespect for the rest of the class but I've known some of the top prospects for some time and for the team itself, they would have meant a lot in terms of their potential and personality. Those guys could have been a big presence for us in the locker room, just from a team chemistry standpoint, and there's a big drop off after they're gone," he added.

"With their proven upside, those kind of prospects are great at bringing guys together and things of that nature."

The 2nd overall and a 4th rounder was traded to the Steelhawks for a 2nd rounder that was initially the Chief's. They also acquired the Syndicate's 5th overall since it was a 3 way trade.

Nova said he did not understand why the 2nd overall was traded, especially since the proven potential of the prospects in that rank and their previous success. Their potential is also vital to the safety of their drive to come out of the retool they're been going through.

"You're talking about the 2nd best player in the whole draft" Nova said. "The ones with the greatest upside and lockerroom priorities. I don't understand the criticism of top overall players and their value. I don't get it. I don't understand that."

The skill level in this draft is pretty deep throughout the first couple rounds, but Nova says this does not compare to the elite skillset offered at the top 2 pick.

"They're projected going that high for a reason, it's a clear point... they aren't normal, every-draft type of players. I don't get where doubting that value comes from. "

The SHL superstar was especially angry that the Chiefs decided to deal the 2nd overall to the Hamilton Steelhawks for so little back and the fact that they're also a rebuild rival who can easily have more quality depth after this trade.

"I don't think Steelhawks GM is protesting this trade. They would not have been this nice if it was the other way around," Nova said.

But Nova says he will continue to support Chiefs general manager and the team management. "I trust management has a plan and an idea of what they're doing," he said.

"I'll let them do their jobs and I'll never get in the way of it, but it's tough," Nova added. "Look, the GM has proven himself over the course of a couple season he knows how to pull a couple strings. We have to all trust that he's going to do that."

Doubt is a dream killer

don't worry that gooby Monkey D. Luffy will fall to you and bring balance to the force ... i mean locker room

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

02-04-2019, 10:44 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: don't worry that gooby Monkey D. Luffy will fall to you and bring balance to the force ... i mean locker room

Im with it brother

Doubt is a dream killer
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 11:14 PM by Daco.)

Don't worry I'll come join you guys. Or bring back munk and sign him as a ufa

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

02-04-2019, 11:13 PMDaco Wrote: Don't worry I'll come join you guys. Or bring back munk and sign him as a ufa

Missed you bro. Would love that. Munk has a real life now :p. And go post in our IP thread btw pls

Doubt is a dream killer

02-04-2019, 11:23 PMsarmo Wrote:
02-04-2019, 11:13 PMDaco Wrote: Don't worry I'll come join you guys. Or bring back munk and sign him as a ufa

Missed you bro.  Would love that. Munk has a real life now :p. And go post in our IP thread btw pls

Damn everyone with their lives now. I replied to the IP make sure to draft me later goalies seem to go pretty late

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 12:09 AM by sarmo.)

02-04-2019, 11:40 PMDaco Wrote:
02-04-2019, 11:23 PMsarmo Wrote: Missed you bro.  Would love that. Munk has a real life now :p. And go post in our IP thread btw pls

Damn everyone with their lives now. I replied to the IP make sure to draft me later goalies seem to go pretty late

Stupid real life and it's complications dammit.

I'll try to draft you but i can't make it happen as easily as the good old days. @wumaduce @Shmurph draft my sexy long time friend aka the prodigy of scott stevens, the son of the SHL hall of Famer with the Stevens trophy named after.. and I'll be more content :p

Doubt is a dream killer

Uh oh

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Yeah, it's not ideal. But oh well

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Always enjoy the Nova take on things. +1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria