Create Account

Expansion Primer: Exposed Players & Team Rankings and Mock Draft

02-05-2019, 06:57 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
02-05-2019, 06:51 PMmajesiu Wrote: Three out of that pool are GMs/coGM and just two of the rest with 1k+ won't be in regression this offseason, rest won't stay above that mark for much longer.
Yeah, that’s still so much better than the hand that Portland/Buffalo were dealt last expansion it isn’t even funny..

Two wrongs don't make a right, I still feel they don't have a shot at competitiveness (which they should have kind of chance of doing so considering GMs players being in prime and not really suited for long-term rebuild) or decent opportunity of creating alive locker room with so few active/semi-active bodies.

02-05-2019, 07:00 PMChris-McZehrl Wrote: Is Vrana inactive?

He is around but his player hasn't improved/wasn't updated since November and with my methodology, it equals 0 in activity category.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

02-05-2019, 07:08 PMmajesiu Wrote:
02-05-2019, 06:57 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Yeah, that’s still so much better than the hand that Portland/Buffalo were dealt last expansion it isn’t even funny..

Two wrongs don't make a right, I still feel they don't have a shot at competitiveness (which they should have kind of chance of doing so considering GMs players being in prime and not really suited for long-term rebuild) or decent opportunity of creating alive locker room with so few active/semi-active bodies.
They absolutely will have the chance to create an active locker room via expansion and entry drafts. The protection lists still favor them far too heavily, IMO. I'm of the opinion that expansion teams should start at or near the bottom and work their way up.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-05-2019, 06:44 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Still convinced there’s no quality players in expansion @JKortesi81 ?

Once again, like i said, the few lists i'd seen at the time weren't promising.

Obviously that's not the case, lol.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

02-05-2019, 07:35 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
02-05-2019, 06:44 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Still convinced there’s no quality players in expansion @JKortesi81 ?

Once again, like i said, the few lists i'd seen at the time weren't promising.

Obviously that's not the case, lol.

That'll learn you to be wrong ever, Joe.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

You folk put too much stock into goaltending TPE

Look at Buffalo the past 2 seasons.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

S25 expansion didn't have as many high tpe players as today

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

the league has also way more active members in comparison to S25

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Oh so I might get picked.

[Image: giphy.gif]

maj
so what you’re saying is that i’m probably going to be picked cause i’m high in teps and about to hit slight regression?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

02-06-2019, 09:47 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: maj
so what you’re saying is that i’m probably going to be picked cause i’m high in teps and about to hit slight regression?

And also active, which is of utmost importance for the expansion teams. Stars don't have any other player near to yours or Physt value so I think it's rather a safe bet that you are going to get drafted in Top 10 unless I missed something or you decline to play for an expansion team or plan to end Lombard's career soon.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

02-05-2019, 08:09 PM.bojo Wrote: S25 expansion didn't have as many high tpe players as today

Still, even by S25 standards the expansion draft was pretty sparse if I recall.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

02-05-2019, 08:09 PM.bojo Wrote: S25 expansion didn't have as many high tpe players as today

New England's "active" had about 160 TPE

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

02-06-2019, 01:28 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: the league has also way more active members in comparison to S25

Exactly.

The update scale was different in S25 as well, so less TPE went further. Granted, the scale changed two seasons later, so it got harsh quickly, but yeah.

02-06-2019, 10:41 AMmajesiu Wrote:
02-06-2019, 09:47 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: maj

And also active, which is of utmost importance for the expansion teams. Stars don't have any other player near to yours or Physt value so I think it's rather a safe bet that you are going to get drafted in Top 10 unless I missed something or you decline to play for an expansion team or plan to end Lombard's career soon.

I mean there could be a chance that Toronto pulls some trades to attempt to protect me but I really don’t know. By my estimation Lombardi has around 3-5 seasons left before I retire him and recreate, so now’s the time I guess

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Wow Cleo was 136/135

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia