Create Account

S45 SMJHL CW

Hi I would like to do this. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 02:29 AM by slothfacekilla.)

02-06-2019, 09:48 AMej27 Wrote: Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?
Must include: 100 words.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run.
Must include: 150 words.

Task #3 - Create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

Task #5 -  make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.
Must include: Graphic - 1 render and an SMJHL logo.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the final PBP is complete,

TASK#1:
raiders Troy Reynolds in for  Falcons Franz Cooper.  
I'm slotting Troy Reynolds into the Detroit lineup and removing the first right wing that I saw on their roster on the website.  This has nothing to do with anything on the ice, but what would come from the switch off the ice.  Troy made some waves with some controversial media when Halifax played Detroit in the second round, and dropping him into the Detroit locker room would make for hilarious results.  I imagine stats-wise, Troy is probably looking at at least 5 rounds of locker boxing (guessing Kit gets the first go at Troy), one bag of gear that will be thrown in the showers, two skate blades covered in clear sock tape so Troy falls when he steps on the ice, and plenty of media articles coming out of the Detroit area.
(134 words)

TASK#2:
Unfortunately Halifax's cup run is already over, but I'm hoping that Jimmy put some GM's on notice with his playoff performances.  Jimmy put up a respectable seven points in eleven games for the Raiders, with two goals and five assists--which was a bit of a surprise based on Jimmy's scoring and passing statistics.  While this point total isn't record breaking (Halifax captain Dom Montogmery managed to double my point total) I did slightly improve from my regular season .54 points per game to .63 points per game, so hopefully the GM's will notice that Jimmy has been steadily improving as the season went on.  Also during the playoffs I was named Halifax's Co-GM, so I'm hoping that this will show dedication to my club and the SHL as a whole, and potentially entice some GM's to bring me aboard.  But overall I think I've shown I've remained active through my first experience in the SHL and hope to continue to improve wherever I end up.
(165 words)

TASK#3:

[Image: XXQkrOV.png]

TASK#4:

With the first round Halifax vs. Anaheim series, a big turning point was during the second game of the series where Halifax eventually won to tie the series 1-1.  The Outlaws had taken game 1 in overtime and were looking to continue their winning ways at home.  Halifax rookie Perry Morgan put the Raiders up 1-0 in the second period, and both teams scoring in the third as well.  With the Raiders up 2-1, Raiders rookie Andrej Doskocil took a holding penalty with a minute left in the game.  The Outlaws won the ensuing faceoff in the Raiders zone, and immediately pulled their goalie Tibuk Soonika.  The puck wouldn't leave the Halifax zone the rest of the game and the Outlaws swarmed the Halifax net with 3 shots on goal in the last minute.  The turning point was Halifax goalie Mike McKorsy stopping all three of these shots.  Not only did he prevent goals on these shots, he was able to do so without a single rebound, limiting the Outlaws to only their initial chances.  This was huge in sealing the win for Halifax behind McKorsy's .963 save percentage and first star performance.  The Raiders would not lose another game this series.  The Outlaws may have wanted to pull the goalie before the puck drop for the power play.  The faceoff was in the Halifax zone and they already had a player advantage, so it didn't make much sense to wait for the faceoff win.  In fact, it looks like Soonika got off a second after the puck drop, so was he just standing next to the bench?  Perhaps this would have allowed them to tie the game with a two player advantage for a longer stretch, and the series would have looked much different if it started 2-0 Anaheim.
(300 words, yikes)

TASK#5:

[Image: YDPVVkI.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 01:57 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look? 
IS THIS EVEN A CHOICE? Monkey D. FUCKING LUFFY  Lions Lions ->> LUNGA FUCKING GUMBA  Falcons Falcons . 
YOU WANT POINTS? Lunga Gumba - 2 points 100 games. A couple games for Luffy a couple points, whatever more than two. SECOND PLACE ROOKIE SCORING LEADER LUFFY? IN THE FINALS? ya get him on the ice. YOU WANT FACE OFFS? Lunga Derpa 20% in the draw? OKAY ... the monkey? ya higher than that .. more than double. This is an easy replacement. get Pingoon off the ice and let the real man hoist the trophy. But in all seriousness, if the falcons want to win the whole thing the need some series depth, and the best depth you can ask for is in the center position. The most important role. I could see the falcons sweep the entire finals with this one minor change.
@Pingy Pingu (ILU, hearts in the chat)

Task #2 - 
The only thing I can do is keep showing up to the rink every day and just showing everyone what I can do. I have worked my hardest to have my play speak for itself and I think it has done wonders and I've already come so far. The season was tough and the playoffs even tougher. I know I can do better and great things and the Lions inaugural season doesn't actually show what WE are capable of. I'll continue to improve in the off season and have my skills speak for themselves. It doesn't matter if i'm 1st OA or Last. The team that picks the Monkey will be getting the best player in the draft, plain and simple. So distinguishing myself here and now to stick out doesn't matter. I like to fly under the radar quietly. This guy doesn't have a monkey on his back and never will, and me drive and determination will show itself.

Task #3 -
[Image: tWcdaah.png]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around? 
Obviously going to go with the first round match-up and the only playoff series for the young lions squad matching up against a tough raptor team. Three out of four of these games were 1 goal games and the lions shouldn't be disappointed in their effort, because a different bounce here or a call going their way could have been the difference and the momentum this team needed to lift them into the second you. I Really think the turning point was the overtime winner in game 4 the sealed the lions fate. I know its weird for a turning point point to be at the end of the series but I whole heartedly feel like the series goes the other way if the lions edge them out and reverse sweep them from there. They were finally feeling themselves and their rookie captain was bringing it all together for them. Be sure to see this team close to the finals next year, all the rookies seem to have figured out what it takes to win in this league and they aren't gonna be taken lightly next season.
Task #5 - (SORRY THE SMALL IMAGES WERE NOT WORKING AND AAAH)
Lunga Gumba @Pingy Pingu
[Image: rfZ9xSMCbqfl.jpg] [Image: rsz_1image2.png]
Lunga Gumba - This guy was voted most likely to continuously get the crap kicked outta him but still try to fight every single tough guy in the league until he wins. We stopped by the LR and asked him how he feels about this generous honor.
Astatine - "Hello Mr. Pingy, you have just been voted most likely to lose every fight but continue to pick fights on the ice. Would you like to comment?"
Pingy - " heblo ababibe is this thing on? NOOT NOOT"
Astatine - "Yes that's my job"
Pingy - "OK ya it's on. First off, i would like to make this very clear to jss and toblem and wbf, I AM NOT A GOON. Ok when i get mad its because when i take a shot but then fall on da ice the other players laugh at me and keep calling me dumbo and then i get mad *angry face*. And den i make da NOOT NOOT NOOT and dey still call me dumb and i get extra angery *mad faces mad faces mad faces*. Anyway i would liketo thank my family and friends from the land of gumba for this award and i would like to say IM NOT A DUMB OR GOON SO STAY OUTTA MY WAY OR U GONNA GET DA NOOT NOOT *angry face*. Yas das all i hab to say."
Astatine - "Uh Sir this is not an award, just a silly vote"
Pingy - "O.... OOGELY BOGELY"
Astatine - " Thanks for your erm, time."
[Image: MealyFastBunny-small.gif]
Kit Smeb @kit
[Image: martin-st._louis-2015-48.jpg] [Image: rsz_1image2.png]
Kit Smeb - The brilliant man he is, Kit was voted most likely to retire early and become an accountant! The man can do everything, handles the puck AND the ladies like a professional! I didn't know he could crunch all the numbers in the world at once. Let's see what he has to say:
Astatine: "You have just been voted most likely to retire early and become and accountant! How Does that make you feel?"
Smeb: "Very sad :( I have worked very hard to be terrible at math"
Astatine: "Ah, I see! It doesn't matter how hard you try to hide your strengths, your peers and enemies can see through the illusion"
Smeb: "MAN, I just want to be good at hockey, but there aren't enough numbers!"
[Image: giphy.gif] Beep Boop Beep Boop the answer is 42
Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla
[Image: filip-zadina-2017-2083.jpg] [Image: N8wiA7T.png]
Jimmy Slothface - THIS STUD, was voted most likely to start a polygamous family and have multiple wives! Let's hear what he has to say about this amazing outcome:
Jimmy "After many many years of being bugged about only have one wife, I feel like the pressure is gone and i can go pursue my 2nd - 5th wives. THAT WAY my mormon band will stop being on my ass about me and my one stinky wife (jk i love her very much i just have so much love and i'm so cute that i need to satisfy more women). All right gotta go this beer is getting warm."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Astatine "Thanks Jimmy you beautiful bastard you."

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 03:49 PM by chetib.)

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?

Given the opportunity I would swap out Billy Sorokin with my own Tibuk Soonika. You may ask, Why would you swap yourself for one of 2 back up goalies? Well simply put Aleistair Cain is killing it and Tibuk has been doing some killer work on his fan signs all season.  Also this would give a chance for Lee Marshall and Tibuk Soonika to create some great chants for Cain from the bench. I believe that Tibuk would add greatly to the STL team by getting the fans amped and the team going. In fact this could be the required combination to get STL over that finish line and win a Cup.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run.

During my cup run Tibuk Soonika would establish himself as steadying and consistent force in net. Giving his team the chance to win is what Tibuk Soonika does best and his consistent play allows him to give confidence to this team as well as the coaching staff. In fact for each of the Playoff games Tibuk has started in so far in his short career he has kept the game to within 1 goal. Getting lit up every odd game is not in Tibuk Soonika’s style, he prefers calm and steady so the team knows what they get when he steps on the ice. While it is all well and good to post shut outs if you are giving up a massive amount of goals in every 3-4 games that is going to sink your chances in both the Regular season and more importantly the playoffs. Whichever SHL GM decides to pick Soonika is in for a treat.

[Image: Pamphlet.png]

The turning point for the Anaheim – Halifax series was all about special teams. Anaheim was knocked out for the simple reason that they took so many penalties that it kept them at a disadvantage for long stretches of time. Anaheim totaled 75 minutes in penalties over a 5 game stretch in the first round as compared to Halifax’s 32. In fact Anaheim never had a game where they were less than 10 minutes in the box, Halifax never spent more than 10 minutes per game in the box. It is so hard to build any attacking momentum when you are playing shorthanded for so much of the game. Halifax capitalized on this over the entire series and potted 6 power play goals versus Anaheim who only converted 1 power play goal. In a series where almost every game was won by a single goal those special teams were absolutely critical. While Anaheim is a young team hopefully the team has learned their lesson and will get those fiery tempers in check for next season.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.
[Image: Yearbook.png]

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 03:03 PM by LarksTongue.)

Task 1:

When looking at the leading playoff scoring centers it's hard not to slot Jakub Novak into one of the final lineups. Novak had a respectable 16 points in 16 games before being eliminated in the 3rd round. He was only playing on the third line. What sets him above other players is that he had 2 GWG and 2 GTG for most game affecting goals in the league. 

Furthermore, Novak played with one of the Smeb brothers and I think he would be a good fit on Detroit's 3rd line. He would replace Waffle Man on the RW with Kit Smeb. Waffle Man and Novak have similar player builds but Novak has blazing speed to burn compared to the jack of all trades like player in Waffle Man.

Task 2:

Commander Shepard did not perform outstanding in the playoffs. The Montreal Militia only played 6 games and faced the Vancouver Whalers who lost to the St. Louis Scarecrows in the semis. Despite this Shepard managed 2 assists and had a P per 20 of 0.57 which is a small sample size but an improvement from his regular season P per 20 of 0.23. Montreal plays a more defensive game and has also had trouble with line make up as Militia have few pure goal scorers. 

Overall I would like to stick it out with Commander Shepard and see what happens. Next season will be interesting to see how I do in a scoring role. However, I will play any role given by the management as any good Two-Way Forward should, but I still have aspirations of being a dominant defensive forward who can chip in at the clutchest moments. Despite Montreal's cup run being over too early for my liking, I will try to show SHL GM's I'm serious by continuing to write media articles as regularly as I can and stay active. I hope picturing Commander Shepard playing NHL level hockey is as funny to the SHL GMs as it is for me. 

Task 3:

[Image: Bbk9koi.jpg]
 (Sorry its rough)

Task 4:

Ill go with the homer pick and pick the Round 1 Series between Montreal Militia and the Vancouver Whalers. The Militia and Whalers traded wins early on in the series with blowouts going both ways. This continued through game 5 with the average goal differential in theses games being around 3 goals. However in game 6 things tightened up considerably. The game was tied 1-1 after the first with Mack scoring a late first period goal with less than 2 minutes left in the first. Coming to the 2nd period the Whalers got an early power play goal that gave them a 2-1 lead. The Whalers would add another tally 10 minutes later to make it 3-1. Since this series was so tight I think this was the big turning point in the series. The Militia would add another tally on the Powerplay in the 3rd but could not overcome the 2 goal lead and lost 3-2 in game 6. 

The Militia had trouble all series on the special teams when it mattered most. The Militia failed to convert on 5 power plays in game 5 which even scoring one could have kept them in that game. The Militia could also be more disciplined as they took a lot of penalties in the losses. In fact the Militia did not take a single minor penalty in their wins in the series

Task 5:
(Sorry for swearing if that's not allowed) 

[Image: dH4Igxy.jpg]

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

If I could take one player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup I would take myself and replace Basil Magnicotta on the Scarecrows.  Now first off of course I'm going to use myself to replace someone because if I'm going to do a hypothetical I don't want to be dreaming about anyone else.  Now why would I replace Magnicotta?  It's actually pretty simple I don't want to take someone from higher up on their defense because I want to build depth.  Like I could easily replace Rytmeyer or Jalopski, but I'll just move them further down the line.  Instead I'd replace Magnicotta because we're both rookies and I'm far and away better and could actually help put up a fight against Detroit.

To be honest I'm not going to do anything to distinguish myself from anyone else, at least nothing that's in your face.  I'll be consistently active in terms of my player development, but outside of that you might not even know that I'm around as I am extremely busy and have a lot going on.  When it all comes down to it you really just need to look at my agent and all the players that he represents and just in doing that alone you'll be able to tell the type of player I am because he only represents the best athletes in all sports.  I'll also be available and willing to answer any and all questions from draft scouts, general managers, and everyone in any organization between the two.  My play this year might not have been the best and there's definitely room for improvement, but with my work ethic and consistency I know I'll just continue to get better

Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around? 
In the first round playoff series of the Halifax Raiders vs the Anaheim Outlaws, there was a pretty clear turning point that ultimately led to the Raiders defeating the Outlaws and advancing to the next round.  Coming into game three, the series was tied at one game apiece after two very close games, one of which was an overtime win.  In this third game the Outlaws came out firing and would find themselves up 2-1 as the teams entered the third period.  Anaheim would keep their foot on the gas as they'd put in the first goal of that third period and now have a two goal lead.  The Raiders would get one back, but the Outlaws would score and it would look like they were on their way to take the series lead.  Then the wheels fell off of Anaheim's wagon and they let up 4 straight goals.  That is when I feel like the series took a huge shift and the Raiders would go on to win the next two games and close out the series.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative. 
Must include: Written - 100 words. Graphic - 1 render and an SMJHL logo.

[Image: wHACKER.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 10:53 AM by Daco.)

I slot myself Casimir Stevens into the St Louis Scarecrows goalie position, replacing Aleister Cain. My playoff stats in the finals end up being .800 sv% and 4.0 GAA en route to a sweep by Detroit. This is all part of my master plan to get back at the Scarecrows for knocking us out of the playoffs. You might ask why I perform so terribly in this hypothetical even though I'm so good. The answer is that I secretly throw the series and also bet on Detroit. I gain valuable playoff experience and my kids get a safety net to inherit if the SHL doesn't work out. (107 words)

In order to distinguish myself from this massive pool of at least 11 active rookie goalies, I have an elaborate scheme. First I will serve every other goalie a pie with laxatives before draft day. Then I will break their kneecaps. I will then stand out as the only goalie that can actually play. Another thing I've been doing is bribing GMs with old Pokemon cards I found. But more related to hockey- I have the most tpe, I've tacked on 288 pounds of lean muscle and am starting for team Canada come WJC. All GMs need to do to see my name is check who's in net for that gold medal winning team. Also I'm the only one in this draft class who has a trophy named after their last player, so that kinda helps a tad bit. I like to start, I like to bang bad bitches, and I like to get my teammates hooked on blow. I'm unique like that.  (163 words)

[Image: ovoKn5K.png]

The series I will pick is Halifax Raiders versus the Anaheim Outlaws. The turning point came in Game 4, when Halifax was leading 2-1. The series had been close coming into game 4; every game was decided by literally 1 goal and Anaheim had the opportunity coming into this to tie it up. The game ended in regulation with a score of 2-2. Anaheim had the opportunity to pull this thing into a tie. The specific turning point was Troy Reynolds goal in Overtime which put Halifax up 3-1. To go from a tied series to being down 2 games just from that one goal by Troy was a demoralizing blow to Anaheim from which they would not recover, losing again in the next game to go 4-1. The opposing team could have turned it around, but Anaheim would have needed 3 straight wins which is extremely unlikely. That overtime goal sealed the deal for them and with that Troy won the series for his team. (166 words)

[Image: FEtz5nf.png]
@slothfacekilla

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

If I was to take player from an eliminated team, I would take Leopold Lockhart from the Armada and add him to the Crows D-Core, replacing Basil Magnicotta. Lockhart was a rockstar all season and continued to be an impact player despite the early exit from the playoffs. This move would give the Crows a deep and dominant defense. Despite only playing in 6 games, Lockhart finished second on the team with 3 goals and 2 assists. I would imagine that the stats he put up in a losing effort with Armada would either be mirrored or increased with the Crows in their long playoff run.

Johnny Sins had himself a short playoffs in his first season of the SMJHL, racking up a very impressive stat line of 1 goal, 0 assists and minus 5 in 6 games before being eliminated by Colorado. Despite being labelled an offensive defensemen, Sins built up his defensive game to ensure that he is reliable in his own end before focussing on the oppositions end. Johnny Sins is stereotyped as being someone who likes to get into the dirty/stinky areas, swinging his stick around (sometimes erratically), and firing lots of shots that may sometimes be directed at someone’s head/face. He generally does his best work 1 on 1 but Sins wants GM’s to know that he is comfortable with 2on1, 3on1 and sometimes even 4on1 situations. He always welcomes teammates to come join in on any situation to help give him a bit of relief as he feels it’s exhausting getting in those dirty areas all by yourself sometimes.

[Image: x4mDoS6.jpg]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

In round one of the SMJHL Playoffs the Lethbridge Lions were swept by the Colorado Raptors, sending them home after four games. The turning point was in the first second of game one when Colorado decided to step on the ice. From that point forward the writing was on the wall for the Lions. The Lions could have won the series had they popped the tires on the Raptors bus, given them food poisoning or straight up Tonya Harding’d the entire team. Colorado has been locked in since day one of the playoffs and the Lions were not about to get in their way. They also proved that in round two when they beat the higher ranked Armada in six games. The Lions are a new team and they did manage to hold their own in all four games against the Raptors. Expect them to have a big season next year.

[Image: j2yCrpu.png]

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 04:59 PM by Nerio.)

1. I would have to take Nolan Sawchuk Knights  and swap him with Rainbow Dash  Scarecrows No shade to Rainbow Dash, but I think Sawchuk could pickup right where his stellar season finished on a line with Nicolas Fleming and ty Hoover. Sawchuk would definite have a ton of assists feeding Fleming who seems to have a hot hand right now, and would be a huge improvement to special teams as he put together 20 PPP and 3 PKP during the regular season, a critical addition as St. Louis is about to come up against a giant Detroit powerplay but a relatively weak penalty kill.
  2. I've taken a few steps already to help distinguish myself, and I'm not going to let up. This whole season I've been on top of the TPE game, coming in at one of the highest TPE counts for the draft class even with a later start to it than the recreates. I put out a media article the other day to build up funds for the jump in training costs, and I make sure to keep up on Twitter every week since every little bit counts. As I do some additional research on the SHL teams, I'll be sure to stop by their IP threads to let them know what I'm about, and I'm definitely making it a point to respond to anyone who contacts me here or on Discord (super active Discord user btw) and answer any questions they have of me. Essentially, I'm doing the things that I'll keep doing after being drafted, to let everyone know that I'm taking the building of my player seriously.
  3. [Image: kQYgr9a.png]
  4. Game 3 of Halifax vs. Anaheim. Anaheim took a 2-1 lead after one period, nothing too crazy. They built on it and had a 3-1 lead going into the third, again, nothing too crazy. They scored 4 minutes into the 3rd to make it 4-1. Things started to look impossible for Halifax, but they cut the lead to 4-2. Anaheim responds, and gets a 5-2 lead with 10:08 left in the game. Very briefly, the game seems over. 11 seconds later though, Halifax scores 2 seconds into a PP to make it 5-3. Halifax goes on to score 2 more goals on the power play, and one more even strength to take a 6-5 lead. 4 unanswered goals propelled Halifax to a 6-5 win. From down 5-2 with 10 minutes left, to a 6-5 victor, Halifax deflated Anaheim and would go on to win the rest of the games that series.
  5. [Image: 9ssTsbd.png]

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?  Must include: 100 words. 

Detroit Falcons has a really strong team and they got everyone producing at a very good rate but if i could but a player in to their lineup i would put Jakub Novak into their forward group. Even though scoring isn't a problem for Detroit i believe this would put them over the top. I would put Jakub in to their first line and move Franz Cooper to the second or third line. Novak put 6 goals and 10 assists for 16 point in 16 games for Colorado and could be the thing that makes it Detroits cup to lose.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run. Must include: 150 words. 

Our regular season was a bit of a disappointment with our 7th place finnish, with it came the wild card round where we played Lethbridge, Knute had a good serie putting up points consistently. He got the chance to play second line center becaus of a suspention to Voloshin and in the first round he held his own and played well, in he seconds and third round the competition got harder and knute was not able to continue producing. Although a rough finnish for Knute this is valuable experience for a rookie and in the off season knute will be working hard and try to improve his game all over the ice to play more consistent and he wants to be more responsible in the defensive zone. Next season Knute have faith in that Colorado will be a contender for the cup and he will do everything he can to improve and become the best he can be as he hated to let his teammates down.

Task #3 - Create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.  Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render. 

[Image: image879755020.png]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?  Must include: 150 words. 

The real turning point in this series was that it in fact was the playoffs, Colorado had been underperforming in the regular season with some veterans not producing at the pace they were expected to, maybe becaus of bening hangover from last seasons finals, they might just not have taken the regular season to serious. As soon as the play off series started the whole team started producing at a whole other level than in the regular season Cassius Darrow finished the post season with 19 points in 16 games, that's on phase for 59 points in a 50 game season. Compared to the actual regular season where he put up 39 points. And this is a common theme you see in colorados line up. There wasn't really point innthe series where it could have turned around, Colorado had a tight grip all the way and even if Lethbridge would have stolen a game or two I still don't think they ever had a chance.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.  Must include: Written - 100 words. Graphic - 1 render and an SMJHL logo.

[Image: image584219707.png]

[Image: knute.jpg]

Cassius Darrow Raptors → transplanted to the Scarcrows Scarecrows replacing Basil Magnicotta.

Sorry @Rancidbudgie , you’ve been doing good so far in the playoffs, but a capped D-man with 19 points in 16 playoff games is what the Scarecrows could use against a powerhouse like Detroit Wink Darrow also provides 29 blocked shots, once again in 16 games, and is just a workhorse on the back end. Darrow would slot into the Scarecrow’s top pairing, and St. Louis’s depth on the back end would trickle down. Not only is the Scarecrow’s defensive game formidable, being top 3 in GA for the regular season, but Darrow would also add some much-needed firepower in what is already turning into a series with some Barnburners for the final.

Zvejnieks ended up with 19 points in 50 regular season games, Zvejnieks and so far has 8 points in 12 games up through the finals. Overall this season, Zvejnieks has shown himself to already be adept on the dot against senior competition, anchoring himself in the middle of Detroit's second line all season, and taking the most face-offs out of anyone on the Falcons. He doesn't eat around 20 minutes a night just to break even, either. Zvejnieks scored over 51% on faceoffs in the regular season, and currently has an almost 54% winrate in playoff draws. Zvejnieks wants to be a difference maker, and I think that he's definitely done so. While not as dominant on the scoreboard as some other prospects, Zvejnieks finds many other ways to contribute, but is only just beginning to add points to the other stats he flourishes in. Looks for his offensive game to pick up now that he’s more comfortable with his defensive game.

http://simulationhockey.com/games/smjhl/S45/Playoffs/SMJHL-PLF-31.html

Game 3 of the first round, Colorado at Lethbridge

This was such a close game, and Lethbridge has been giving this series everything they could. They have a great young core, but this year was too early for Lethbridge’s roster to compete consistently with other SMJHL teams. They stayed in the bottom 2 all year in the standings, and ultimately finished 10th in the 10-team league. Paired up against them was the Raptors, a team gutted from a large-scale fire sale last season that somehow made it all the way to the S44 SMJHL 4 star-cup finals. Colorado, while definitely rebuilding, still has some game breakers on the team like Cassius Darrow and Alexander Selich. The Lions didn’t have much of a chance according to most outside observers, and game 3 was where they could prove them wrong. If they didn’t lose that very close game, the series would be 2-1 rather than an almost insurmountable 3-0 for the Raptors. Lethbridge might have gotten some momentum and made it a much closer series, but this definitely was the back-breaking moment that Colorado used to close out the series.

MOST LIKELY TO KILL SOMEONE WITH A SLAPSHOT: Lunga Gumba

MOST LIKELY TO BREAKOUT AS A STAR NEXT YEAR IN THE SMJHL: Patrice Nadeau

MOST LIKELY TO JUMP STRAIGHT TO THE SHL AFTER ONE SMJHL SEASON: Borromini Cannelini

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 11:37 AM by lueiGi.)

I'm going to go with fellow teammate Maxime Bouchard, and would replace Fork Spoon on the roster, and then swap up from the 4th line to the 2nd line on the RW position (existing 2nd line RW goes to 3rd, and existing 3rd goes to 4th). SO it would look something like:

5 vs 5 Forward 
  Center                   Left Wing                Right Wing               Time % Phy DF OF 

1 Ty Hoover                Rainbow Dash             Nicolas Fleming             35     0   0  5  
2 Steven Moyer             Jerry Larry                Maxime Bouchard         35     0   1  4  
3 Michael Fox              Gordie Boomhover         Bernard Freeman        25     0   1  4  
4 Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat   Valeri Tikhonov          Tyler Tougard             5      0   2  3  

Maxime had 9 points in 6 games of the playoffs along with a 12.5% shooting percentage and 6 hits, so I feel he'd bring a lot to the team. I believe he would easily get 6 or 7 points in the last round and help the Scarecrows to win it all.

------

Unfortunately, even though we (Anchorage Armada) ended up rank #2 overall from the regular season, we were eliminated in the playoffs quite early. Armada has been a great team to play for and I'm hoping for an even better run next season. For Brock individually, I've maintained my general activity and kept my TPE up there by participating in various opportunities, activity checks, equipment purchases, training, etc. I'm not too worried about where I'll end up or what round I'll be drafted in, as I'll maintain my performance regardless. I've had a chat with a few different GMs already, and some have also reached out to me. I'm looking forward to Brock's future SHL career. In the meantime, I'm going to continue with GFX and Media posts and get some funds ready for the next season, as based on some research and conversations with others, I know that I'll definitely be needing it.

------

[Image: V97wqJJ.jpg]

------

Round 1 - Lethbridge Lions vs. Colorado Raptors. Colorado was definitely the stronger team of the two (skill-wise) going into the playoffs. For the first three games, the Lions actually had better physical play than the Raptors, but by game 4 it seemed as though the Lions had almost given up on physical play and attempted to play a more skill-based game. They came close to winning game 4 with this method, but the Raptors were able to score the overtime goal for the series sweep. As far as the turning point is concerned, I think it took until game four before Lethbridge could figure out how to play against Colorado. Regardless, I feel perhaps Lethbridge may have been able to take two games tops of the series, but definitely not win it. It would also seem as though Colorado isn't very intimidated by a physical opponent, as they're able to take the hits and still keep getting shots on net and scoring opportunities. 

------

*disclaimer, these quotes were not actually obtained from the players*

Most Likely to Hit Threat Level Midnight (extreme TPE gain for the season): Michael Scarn.
"Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... ever, for any reason whatsoever." - Michael Scarn, when asked what the secret was to obtaining so much TPE so quickly.

Most Likely to be Knocked Over by a Gust of Wind (tiny player): Xena
At 5'5", 120lbs, Xena is one of the smallest players in the league. Despite this, Xena is able to hit, score, and be an effective player on the ice. Still, Xena should probably watch out for players over 200lbs.
"I don't care if you're 150lbs or 250lbs, I'm going to run you down and then score on your team" - Xena, when asked how she feels about being such a small player in the league.

Most Likely to be Hooking Up after Games: Johnny Sins
Johnny often disappears after games, regardless of a win or loss. Where is Johnny? Well, he's probably out trying to pick up women at a bar, club, mall, airport, hotel lobby, fans who attended the game, etc.
"ya that's where I am" - Johnny, when asked about this.

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 05:18 AM by gordieboom.)

Let me first tell you that i really like the team as how it is and i don't want to exclude anybody, but if i had to pick one i would add a center for our third line. Our third line consists solely of rookie wingers: Tougard, Fox and myself (Boomhover). The line is working, but a center with faceoffs skills would make it even better. Which player would make room? I'll leave that to the coaches ;-). Looking through the rosters i believe Kristers Dzelme from Anaheim Outlaws would be a good fit. His stats would probably include a high FO % and around 1 point per game.

Gordie wouldn't do much different than any other day. Train hard and try do as much as possible, such as this point task. There are a couple of teams that already have shown some interest, some more than others. I've talked with a few GM's on discord and some teams have sent me a PM. Those talks have been friendly and i try to be as open/honest as possible. I'm not a type of player that wants to be taken as high as possible in the draft. It would be nice, but it won't demotivate me to become a great player and hopefully a franchise player for the team that selects me. I don't think you can do more than just show that you are active and a friendly person. That said, i am really looking forward to the draft and i plan to attend it even though it is in the middle of the night here.

[Image: GhkPXJz.png]

Assuming Kelowna versus St.Louis counts as a round 1 serie i am going to stick with that one. The turning point of the serie i believe wasn't a goal, hit, penalty or any other game event. But the turning point for me was Joe's preparation before match 1. He spent many hours analysing and testing with the sim to come up with a great tactic. He shaked up the lines in order to disrupt Kelowna's first line. Rainbow Dash was moved to the first line and her ability to disrupt opponents worked wonderful against the Knights. In the opening match Kelowna Knight's first line only managed to produce 4 shots on goal. After we won the first game i knew we had a good chance winning the serie. Winning the serie with 4-0 was the icing on the cake. We are very fortunate having Joe as a coach and i wish him all the best in New Orleans next season. He will be missed.

[Image: h6OCjfG.png]

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 07:35 AM by Kylrad.)

I would pick Steve Craig-Smeb from the Colorado Raptors and have him take the place of Kit Smeb on the Detroit Falcons who eliminated the Raptors in 6 games. Steve Craig Smeb secretly might actually be the best Smeb out of them all and everyone just doesn't know it. If this is true it's an easy no brain upgrade for the Falcons to replace an inferior Smeb with a much better one. Despite playing almost all of the season at a position hes never played before in defense and averaging 9 mins a game with the few minutes he had Steve Craig showed just how good he was especially defensively finishing with a +5 rating compared to the liability that is Kit Smeb with his mediocre +2. The Falcons will need solid defensive play to win the cup especially from their 3rd line where Kit is and Steve Craig provides that.

Daniel Smeb doesn't really need to distinguish himself for SHL GMs during his cup run. Not because he's a good player but because everyone else is so bad that it automatically makes him look good. I mean when you got a joke of a player like Parker Smeb on your team who you already know is going to bust, you could score on your own net and still have had a better game then him. If anything GMs should be distinguishing themselves for Daniel Smeb by showing him how they're a good fit and promising him that he'll be playing with more competent players then the likes of Parker Smeb. If there was anything that did have to distinguish Daniel Smeb from the rest however it would be his desire to improve. His face offs for example for an abysmal 37% to start the season and he worked on it hard untill he was competent to above average in the playoffs in it, compare this to a player like Parker Smeb who has no interest in improving and its clear how Daniel Smeb will be a legend.

[Image: MGrAK1f.png]

The turning point for the round 1 series between the Colorado Raptors and the Lethbridge Lions was before the first game even began, it was when the playoff match ups were decided. The Raptors were on a pretty big down swing at the end of the regular season losing 3 in a row and overall playing bad hockey. Most teams could've beat them in a series and there wasn't much hope, but when they found out it was Lethbridge they were playing everything turned. It didn't matter how bad of a team Colorado was because Lethbridge was that much worse, how do you even lose to Lethbridge. Well the Raptors somehow did lose once to Lethbridge in the regular season they must've been trolling or maybe they are that bad but still it didn't matter the Raptors focused or maybe they didn't and easily swept the Lions. To make things even worse for Lethbridge they signed a player called Martinzxc Westbrook or something right before the playoffs, if they had any chance before which they didn't they definitely didn't after that signing. In hindsight there was nothing Lethbridge could've done to turn around their incoming doom, if anything they made it worse with their last minute signing.

Kit Smeb - Most likely to be suspended
Everyone knows Kit Smeb is a little shit, and by that he's also literally little, maybe thats where all his anger comes from due to being 5'7 maybe that what causes all of it the Napolean Complex. Anyways its likely that he'll be suspended at least once if not multiple times if not banned outright

Parker Smeb- Most likely to bust
Anyone with half a brain could see this coming, maybe that's why Parker doesn't cause he doesn't even have half a brain, like all of O4L's other players this one is clearly going to bust that there's no point even going in more depth on this since it's so obvious. Maybe he'll read this and not bust (i doubt it) just to prove me wrong and use this quote in the future, if so i've done my job by motivating him, if not then i was right, win win.

Chico Smeb- Most likely to be thrown in Jail
Chico Smeb is a weird guy, honestly i have questions about whether he's even a human sometimes with how he acts. But the main point of this is that Chico is well known for travelling around all over the world frequently, even between games sometimes he's just that much of a boss. Because of this i would not be surprised at all if Chico's weirdness landed him in jail at some countries border security and we never saw or heard of him again.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 01:25 AM by karlssens.)

After looking at both the Detroit Falcons and St. Louis Scarecrows lineup the one glaring hole I see is the lack of a big name center. While both teams have up and coming, promising rookies taking the draw on the first line I believe a more experienced second or third year guy could improve their roster and help their chances of winning it all. As for the player to replace them I don't have to look much further than outside my own locker room as the Kelowna Knights had several very lethal forwards during the regular season. That being said we want a center so I'll select Nickolas Klaus. After leading the entire league in regular season scoring and likely earning himself several pieces of hardware this upcoming off season it's hard not to argue that this prolific center wouldn't improve either finals lineup.

I've had the chance to speak to several GM's now and while most of them have been pretty kind there is one that clearly stands above the rest, Edmonton Blizzard's GM karlssens. I don't know if it's our similar lifestyles but the man just gets me you know? Sometime I think we might even be the same person, it's creepy. Ok, but honestly this question doesn't really apply to myself. If I were to be available in the draft I'd continue what I've always been doing, remaining active, updating my player and pumping out the odd media or graphics piece. At the end of the day the SHL is a race, not a sprint, and I've found the hyper active prospects tend to crash and burn after a while. Most importantly try not to get too rapped up in the drama circulating the league, especially if you find yourself in the middle of it.

[Image: DPDLlCz.png]

I'm going to go with the Kelowna Knights and St. Louis Scarecrows series. Kelowna came in as the higher seed and was believed to be the favorite given their high power offense, but the more experienced and defensive minded Scarecrows proved too much to handle. The worst part was it wasn't even close to a proper series as the Scarecrows swept the Knights in four straight games and moved on relatively easily. The turning point, or I guess I should say killing blow, was the game three overtime winner by the Scarecrows. Already up 2-0 in the series this was the Knights opportunity to bring the series back to a much more manageable 2-1 deficit. Out shot significantly in this one the Knights had no business winning, yet here they were 1 goal from their first post-season win. Scarecrows rookie Basil Magnicotta had other plans though as he sniped the game winner on the power play just 7 minutes in to the extra frame. Could the Knights have done anything? Absolutely. Despite losing the series 4-0 two of those games were decided by 1 goal and a third one was decided by 2. They were out shot significantly through most of those games so that would have to be the key stat to turn around I believe.

Dick Clapper - Most likely to become a life coach after retirement - check out their podcast.
Sanyi Kocsis - Most likely to dominate the SHL - the awards just keep coming for this young fella. No doubt it'll continue in the show.
Guy Zheng - Most likely to surpass me in TPE - slow down dude, I'm the face of the Kelowna blue line next season.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride