Create Account

S45 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 10:14 AM by GCool.)

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?
Let's put Jerry Mander on the Detroit Falcons first line, replacing Franz Cooper. In a word, this line needs to be a little more physical. In 18 playoff games, the combination of Passamus/Cooper/Kyllonen dished out 59 hits while taking 67. Although effectively cancelling out your hit total is good, the first line of Detroit needed to be great in order to have a chance against a physical St Louis Scarecrows squad. Thus, if you leave the rookie center in there, as well as the top scorer on the team, and exchange Cooper for a physical presence who has proven he can score in Jerry Mander ... you'd have a great first line that probably could have taken advantage of some mismatches as well! I'm thinking in 18 games, Mander would have had at least 40 hits by himself, and he would have scored at least 8 goals from Passamus' primo passes. -152 words

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run.
As a rookie, it's pretty remarkable what I managed to do in 5 games against a Halifax Raiders team that just had more depth than us. I scored 2 goals and 3 assists while recording 15 hits. I had a +4 rating playing with Hiro Fujikawa, a very capable SMJHL veteran, and having two different centers. We knew as a team that going in we might not have had the most ideal personnel matchups, but we fought hard. I did all I could, playing 20 minutes a game. That's eventually what I want to be for an SHL team - a workhorse who can open up opportunities for high-scoring teammates. Whether that means I have 23 points in 50 games, like my regular season, or can take over a series like in this one against the Raiders, GMs should know that I'm ready to take on an important role. This was a real coming out party for me. My stats and presence speak for themselves; I don't think I need to show SHL management much more than that to be taken in the first two rounds of the draft. -187 words

Task #3 - Create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
[Image: OlDuL8L.png]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?
In the Round 1 series between the Halifax Raiders and the Anaheim Outlaws, things looked as though they were going to be close throughout the series. Anaheim won game 1 in double overtime, and Halifax won game 2 in another very close game. Game 3 was one for the ages -- and not in the good way for the Outlaws. They held a 5-2 lead halfway through the 3rd period, and then all hell broke loose. Aaron Freakin Rome was sent to the box, and seconds later, Halifax scored to make it a 2-goal game. Four minutes later, it was Mathias Seger's turn to go to the box, and Halifax scored again within in the first 20 seconds of the power play. Just two minutes later, it was Osbert Whacker's turn -- and on the ensuing faceoff Halifax managed to tie it up. All hope was lost right then -- everyone knew who was scoring the next goal, and it wasn't the team that got 6 shots all period and didn't register a shot in the final few minutes of the game. It was a heartbreaker and not a game that the city of Anaheim (or Halifax, for that matter) will soon forget. -200 words

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.
Most Athletic: Derek Bohne - He has the greatest combination of size, speed, and strength on our Outlaws squad. He can skate circles around all of us in practice, too - there's really no stopping him. Fortunately for all of us this season, his athleticism translated into putting up a lot of  points for us.
Most Likely to Get Arrested: Yoshimitsu McCloud - It's not so much that Yoshi's a bad dude, by any means - just don't piss him off. But aside from that, I mean, have you seen the guy? He carries around a gigantic katana almost everywhere he goes. Even if he nicks someone with it by accident, local law enforcement might not take too kindly to his attempts to explain that away.
Most Likely to Succeed: Colin Gibbles - This guy didn't talk or come to practice so much in the beginning of the season, but he's really come on strong the last few weeks. I have a lot of confidence that he'll come back next season ready to go, and he'll probably join me on the 1st line before the season is over!!
-183 words

Code:
Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?
Must include: 100 words.

If we’re going to take anyone from a team, it’s definitely got to be Cassis Darrow. He fought for the Red Army… .wait… no… he played for the Colorado Raptors, and didn’t have a big enough back to put the entire team on and they fell to the Detroit Falcons. In 11 games he put up 8 goals and a whopping 10 assists for 18 points total. What we need here in St. Louis is more scoring. Any team could use more scoring. And, all of this comes from the DEFENSIVE POSITION. He’s insane. He’s scoring more points than anyone, and he’s shutting down other teams from scoring. He’s a true talent. They would replace Samuel Jalopski on the team because he’s one of the few Scarecrows that hasn’t put up great numbers. Darrow would have put up another 6 points by now, and extended his plus/minus rating to a +5.

Code:
Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run.
Must include: 150 words.

I’m going to distinguish myself by being myself. Many people know my agent and that could be good or bad, depending on who you ask. I see myself as a good person, just trying to live life and make life better for those around me. But, I’m not going to stand idly by and let people act like idiots and ruin life for those around them. I’m not afraid to call people out for their shenanigans. I think people realize that I can train hard, and I’m willing to put that work in to be successful. I’m not one to just jump ship or leave unexpectedly. I’m going to be here, and I’m going to put in work. Aside from picking up a second job, I will work harder and smarter than any other player out there. I guarantee that picking me would not be a mistake, unless we have already discussed why I would be remiss to come to your team. I will be the best. I will be in the Hall of Fame.

Code:
Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

[Image: 2lj5es1.png]

Code:
Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

One game that turned a series was game three between the Halifax Raiders and the Anaheim Outlaws. The series was tied at 1, so this would be a decisive game. The Outlaws had taken a 3 to 1 lead after 2 periods of play, and just needed to hang on to it. They would do even better, increasing the lead to 5 to 2 after almost 10 minutes of play. But then, they took a ton of bad penalties. Halifax went on to score FOUR straight goals to give them the lead, 3 of those coming on the power play. Anaheim was only able to muster 19 shots that game, to Halifax’s 33. If the Outlaws could have taken less penalties, they might have held on to with that game, putting them up in the series. But, they lost and Halifax used that momentum to with the next 2 games and close out the series.

Code:
Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.
Must include: Written - 100 words. Graphic - 1 render and an SMJHL logo.

Most likely to retire early: Ty Hoover. I love Hoov. He’s an amazing dude, but he gets bored with things easily and wants something new to mess with. He’s done it in the past, so I’m worried he’ll do it again. I’m sincerely hoping that I’m wrong and he keeps this player for a long time.

Most Likely to Play for One Team: Borromini Cannellini. I can see ArGar being just like his last player and getting drafted by the Chiefs, and staying a Chief for his entire career. He’s super loyal and probably won’t go anywhere once drafted.

Most Likely to Drop to the Second Round: Tyler Tougard. I’ve made it clear on where I would and would not like to be drafted, and I think that’s going to affect my draft stock. A clear first rounder who will likely fall due to location preference.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 05:17 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look? Must include: 100 words.

I would take Derek Bohne of the Anaheim Outlaws and substitute him in for Rainbow Dash of the St. Louis Scarecrows based on Dash being their top center. Bohne is a top center in the SMJHL and played extremely well during the regular season. His play was even recognized by his SHL team as he was told he will not be returning to the SMJHL next season. He was over a PPG in the regular season and if he was inserted into the Scarecrows, I believe that would continue or improve. Bohne would be key to both scoring and keeping the puck in the offensive zone with faceoff wins. He could also be a solid addition who stays out of the penalty box while adding to the powerplay unit.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run. Must include: 150 words.

I plan on distinguishing myself to the SHL GM's by my character's play and my willingness to work with team demands. My player is a pass first winger that would compliment any scoring threat the team has on either offense or defense. My goal is to one day lead the league in assists and my build will reflect that. As well as offensive talent, my player is also defensively responsible and good and handling the puck. This should prove to bolster our offense and take pressure off of the goalie in net. I also plan to meet with my GM and communicate my player's needs as well as work with them to make my player a cornerstone of their franchise. I want my player to be someone the GM can easily build around and slot into different combinations as needed to bring us victory. I will also be looking to help create a good locker room that makes new players want to be a part of the team.

Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

[Image: r1kAiUa.png]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

The tipping point for the 1st round match up of the Anaheim Outlaws against the Halifax Raiders was Game 3. Prior to this the series was tied 1-1 with each game being decided by a single goal. Things started out good for Anaheim in Game 3 as they took a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd period. They quickly traded a pair of goals and scored once more to bring the game to 5-2 with 10 minutes remaining. The Outlaws would then take 3 successive penalties in the last 10 minutes and allow 3 powerplay goals before the raiders scored a 5th goal of the period to put them ahead 6-5. This absolute breakdown in discipline and defense showed that the young team still had much to learn before they could succeed in the post season. I don't think anything short of divine intervention could have salvaged the series after Game 3 as the Raiders continued to dominate the ice.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative. Must include: Written - 100 words. Graphic - 1 render and an SMJHL logo.

Derek Bohne: Most Likely to Count with Beans - Often double checking team finances and making sure his teammates don't overspend, Bohne is a mathematical savant.

Matthias Seger: Most Likely to Lend a Hand - Whether it is grabbing a workout bag or making the pass, Seger is your man for the job. When a member of the Outlaws has a problem, you can bet Seger will be the first to offer assistance.

Mike Hunt: Most Likely to be Picked Up from the Drunk Tank - It should come as no surprise to those that know Mr. Hunt that he has the stamina and party attitude of the late 80's. Hunt was found in the hands of local authorities more than once during team training camp in Las Vegas.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 04:56 PM by bk1689.)

Task 1

Monkey D. Luffy Lions swapped in for Kalvins Zvejnieks Falcons

I'm swapping my teammate, Monkey D. Luffy in for Kalvins Zvejnieks on the Falcons for the simple reason of scoring oppurtunities and the ability to make their own chances. Kalvins was a second line centre for the Falcons during the regular season, I feel like Luffy could step into the Falcons squad and easily be the difference in the finals. He's 10x the player that Kalvins Zvejnieks could ever hope to be and just a simple look at their stat lines will show you why I feel that way. With this move, I feel like Luffy finishes the finals at over a P/GP and the Falcons end up as Four Star Cup Champs.

Task 2

While, my cup run was unfortunately cut short, so I wasn't able to really show my post season prowess off as much as I'd like to. With that, the way I plan on being able to stand out among my fellow draftees is my dedication to building my player the best way I can. The way I am doing this is by writing articles in order to gain money for training, making sure not to miss out on any TPE opportunities and using my TPE to build a well rounded offensive D.

I'm also hoping my conversations that I have with GM's that reach out to me will really stand out among the masses of people I am sure they are talking to. I feel like I will end up being an elite offensive D that any team would love to have and want to reach my goals so that the GM's that pass over me will regret that choice.

Task 3

[Image: de8e486bc0.png]

Task 4

I will go with the Lethbridge Lions series with the Colorado Raptors in the 1st round. I feel like the OT winner in game 4 was the turning point, now I realize this is the point at which the series ended, but I feel like if the Lions were able to pull of that win, then they could of swung the momentum in their favor and pushed that series to 7 games. We are a young team with almost no playoff experience at all between the whole roster and we were really starting to find our groove I feel like. We were able to push the Raptors to multiple 1 goal games where a lucky bounce, or a different call would of changed the outcome. If the young Lions team ends up scoring that goal in game 4 and gets a taste of playoff victory then they become a different team from that moment on.

Task 5

[Image: decc680613.png]

[Image: Bk1689.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 12:02 PM by mel24.)

Must include: 100 words.
For these finals, let’s replace Stolp Skottson on the Detroit Falcon’s second defensive pairing with Nikolai Evans from the Montreal Militia. As a rookie, Evans is still finding his footing in the SMJHL, but his years of experience in Russia already paid off, helping him to 20 points in his rookie season. By adding him to the Falcons, it adds a boost of scoring to their back end. Although the Militia only played a few games in the postseason, Evans was second on the team in scoring. Plus, it would be a nice homage to the legacy of his father Zach Evans, once a star player for the Detroit Falcons himself.

During Valeri Tikhonov’s cup run, he focused on improving his stats from the regular season. This paid off in him finally scoring his first goal. Unfortunately, this was also his only point of the entire postseason. However, it is difficult to stand out while playing under 7 minutes a game. Therefore, Tikhonov is going to have to turn to attitude. As a free agent, he didn’t have as much time as his peers to establish himself as a successful player in the league, but he hopes that his perseverance will stand out to SHL GMs. Similarly, with experience from the Russian leagues, he is prepared to step into a fully professional league and be able to hold his own whenever he’s needed. He also showed that he isn’t afraid to get physical, laying 7 hits in the playoffs and 11 in the regular season. While the scoring may not be there yet, the drive certainly is.

[Image: jEDXP5q.png]

In the St. Louis Scarecrows’ first round series, they faced off against the Kelowna Knights. It began close, with the first game decided by only one goal. The second was won more handedly by the Scarecrows, with a final score of 3-1, and the Knights were down 0-2 in the series. The turning point came in the third game, when the Knights fought back from a 3-1 deficit in the first period to tie the game at 3, forcing it into overtime. However, seven minutes into the extra period, the Scarecrows scored on the power play to the end the game. They ended up sweeping the Knights in the series, winning the next game by a three-goal margin. This overtime game was clearly the turning point of the series, and there is a strong chance that if the Knights had won that game, they would’ve had the opportunity to turn the series around.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

Replacement: Eric Vanderberg -  Raptors 
Replaced: Nat Emerson -  Falcons 

Emerson and myself play on the same pairing with an exceptional pairing partner. However where we differ is the ability to convert on the power play. Emerson having just one shot on the power play while Vandy has one power play goal. Before the end of the playoffs Vandy commanded a respectable 33% shooting percentage while Emerson had 0%. The argument could be made that Emerson is a more defensive defenseman, having similar hit and shot block number but Vandy's 2 Game Winning Goals could make the difference in a close game situation for Detroit and I like the odds.

I think I am just going to keep doing what I am doing. I spent the season bettering myself and that definitely showed itself on the stat sheet, especially in the playoffs. I love to write, so I will keep writing articles and I like being active and getting to know future teammates. I'm not a graphic artist nor do I have time to sit and do podcasts or my own version of 31 thoughts in radio form so I can only do what I know best which is writing. So yeah, also this question should really say "What have you done during your cup run to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs". Since you know all but two of our teams are out of the running for the cup. But you know, tomato tomato. Truth be told, I think I've answered this exact question or close to it on at least one prospective player app so I'm just talking about it to get over the 150 mark which I think I am now.

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around? 

The tightest series we had was against Anchorage and the first game was a high scoring affair with the final being 7 to 3 and the rest of the series ended up being high scoring as well. A lot of 6's, 5's and so on. Once we went two games down, the coaches were telling players not to get discouraged, stay active, stay hungry, we can get back to an even keel and they were right. Goaltending was amazing and our Defenders, myself included, we buckled down and pushed past them. After the middle of the road season we had, to take out a potential contender for the cup was an amazing feeling. Twice the Raptors have gotten close to winning it all after being counted out and this season we've proven that we are still a potent force and a dangerous one at that. So if I had to answer, the 3-2 win over Anchorage is what I would call our turning point.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team).

Most likely to play for one team - Cassius Darrow (COL)

Cass is an amazing leader and a great Captain, any team that has him is sure to get someone who will be fiercely loyal and will never quit. He fancies himself as an Erik Karlsson type and if he continues the way he is going, I think he will more than live up to that level.

Most likely to not be drafted - Lunga Gumba (DET)

What can I say about Lunga Gumba, not much. How did he even get drafted into the J? That's what I wanna know. He left Colorado midseason and somehow lucked out onto a finals team. 3 points in the post season is almost as many points as he had with both Colorado and Detroit (5). Any plug from the S46 draft could easily slide into his space.

Most likely to get a snicker from the PBP Announcers - Willie Fisterbottom (MTL)

Seriously look at it. Look at it. Easily the best name in the J.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 07:39 AM by goldenglutes.)

Nolan Sawchuck Knights replaces Rainbow Dash Scarecrows

Even though the Kelowna Knights suffered a complete collapse in the playoffs, Nolan Sawchuck's regular season scoring prowess cannot be understated. The regular season leader in goals is an offensive dynamo, and would easily slot into the first line of the St. Louis Scarecrows in place of two-way forward Rainbow Dash. Both players are shoot-first wingers, but Sawchuck's higher scoring, defense, passing, and puck handling versus Dash's higher checking, skating, and strength makes Sawchuck a better match for the first line. I'm sure if Sawchuck had Hoover and Fleming as his line mates in the playoffs, he would be the current playoffs goal leader and would have made the final series a stomp for St. Louis.

Apparently the plan for distinguishing himself during the cup run was to just not show up offensively whatsoever. Guy Zheng seemingly did absolutely nothing in the playoffs, notching 0 points in his 4 games against St. Louis. However, this seems to have worked wonders for Zheng (or maybe his regular season performance and bulging bank account helped), as he has become quite popular within the SHL GM circle. Perhaps more interesting for the SHL GMs is Zheng's involvement in the upcoming WJC tournament, where Zheng is slated to be a top 4 defender for Team British Isles. His upcoming medal run raises some serious questions: is Zheng just a product of the strong Knights team? How well will he adapt to a completely new environment? Is he finally going to prove that he isn't a defensive liability? These questions (and more) will surely be answered in the coming days at the tournament. As for his now unsuccessful cup run, Zheng hoped to solidify his place as one of the elite offensive defensemen in the league but alas, it was not meant to be.

[Image: wKslC3u.png]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

Matchup:  raiders  vs Outlaws

The Anaheim Outlaws were the Raiders' best matchup in the regular season, ending with a 4-1 head to head record. However, the tables quickly turned when the Outlaws slogged out a victory in a brutal first game that went to double overtime. The Raiders had a long hard look at their failing to find their regular season form, and the stage was set to prove that the first game was just a fluke.

Right from the start of the second game, Halifax came out swinging. Playing with newfound vigour and intensity, star rookie Perry Morgan scored the first goal of the game for the Raiders. What followed was an even, hard-fought battle with the deciding goal going to Halifax. This was the turning point of the series.

The Raiders would then go on to show their superiority over the next 3 games. In an absolute slaughter of a game that somehow still looked close on the scoreboard, Halifax outshot the Outlaws by 33-19. The next game showed remarkable resilience and goaltending from the Raiders, where despite being outshot 37-22, Halifax managed to drag it to overtime where they eventually sealed the deal. Game 4 was almost just a formality for Halifax at this point, as we all knew that they had already mentally won the series. The Raiders would then go on to win the game 5-3, and the series 4-1.

[Image: yu31sq6.png]

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 08:31 PM by efiug.)

Task #1
Barret McCarthy from the Whalers  to replace Pierre Laroche-Durocher from the  Falcons. McCarthy is a tried and true offensive defense man who can play heavy minutes and score whenever he pleases. McCarthy taking Durocher's spot on the first pairing may give Detroit the offensive they needed to win the Four Star Cup this year. He had 5 goals and 14 points and was shooting at an insane 22.73% and he was also up there in minutes played (284 one minute behind first) and shots blocked (15 two away from first) He led the Whalers in scoring (tied with Karazija). Honourable Mentions go to Tauras Karazija, as he was very close to McCarthy in my book and Borromini Cannellini, who went on a massive scoring tear and shot at 30.43%!!!!!

Task #2

One of my larger distinguishing qualities is that I am an under the radar guy. I am a lower profile guy with good stats to back myself up. I am great at picking up goals but I can certainly dish out assists when needed. My playoffs stats were pretty good and I was bumped up to the second line on a great team(Go Whalers!). I am an excellent locker room presence and while I may not end up being a superstar I most definitely will become a fan favourite. I'm also pretty okay with being anywhere on the lineup. I also think General Managers might like my ambition and overall willingness to be involved with the SHL. I am the guy that General Managers want on their team and I want nothing but the best for the team. Overall I am a Good locker room guy who can slot in anywhere and make a difference while not forcing our managers hand.

Task #3
[Image: heat.png]

Task #4
The biggest turning point in a first round series took place during game three between Halifax and Anaheim. After a close win and a close loss it seemed all but clear that this was shaping up to be an amazing playoff series. Anaheim started the game with a pair of goals within 22 seconds of each other 6 minutes into the game, giving them an early 2 goal lead. Halifax potted a goal later in the period to cut the lead in half. After a slightly uneventful second which only saw one goal being scored, a power play goal by Anaheim to make it 3-1. The third period had an early goal by Anaheim to make it 4-1 and Halifax cut their lead back to 2 but Anaheim fired back a little over a minute later and the score was 5-2. Anaheim already had some penalty troubles earlier having four penalties to Halifax's one, but this period it cost them as they were scored on during three consecutive penalty kills to bring the score to 5-5 and at this point Halifax had the momentum and were a goal away from the lead and with less than 3 minutes they got it and kept the lead to complete their epic comeback from 5-2 to winning 5-6. The Raiders would win the next two games to complete the series after showing that they would rip and tear at any lead Anaheim could put up.

Task #5
[Image: bernikvrzala.jpg]

I would definitely insert my current teammate RW – Jerry “the Snake” Mander Outlaws into the Vancouver Whalers’ lineup in place of RW – Petr Mikulak Whalers . Jerry outscored Petr by 8 point in the regular season so it’s about a wash in that respect with an edge to Mander. But Jerry brings a lot more grit with that scoring which is essential for wearing your opponents down. Petr only had 35 kits compared to Jerry who had 100. Jerry also isn’t afraid to stick up for his teammates or go to the dirty areas racking up 100 PIM compared to Petr’s 19. Now that’s a whole lotta damage!
I was a late addition to the draft class so GM’s definitely have a lot less to go on but I’m confident they’ll like what they see. My biggest strength is my two-way game which I continue to develop every day. My 200-foot game makes me a very responsible player and someone that’s comfortable being on the ice in those tense situations where the game is on the line. I’d also like scouts and GM’s to notice that when an opportunity was presented to me, I ran with it. During the regular season I spent most of my time on the fourth line honing my game I think I played pretty well, but I wasn’t able to be the player I wanted to be. I’m very grateful that management gave me the opportunity during the playoffs to play some more minutes and I was able to produce more. Although we were ultimately defeated in a close match against the Raiders I was able to score a couple of goals before we exited playing in the top 6 for the Outlaws.
[Image: 4BBdbN3.png]
I’ll pick our own first round exit against the Raiders; the games were close and contested. The turning point was the upset in game 4 which saw the Raiders come back from a huge deficit. We allowed 5 goals in the third with the dagger being scored by Troy Reynolds. It was truly a devastating loss, we let four straight goals in and I think we lost the series that night. It’s hard to say if there was anything we could’ve done. As an expansion team we were heavily outmatched and our depth (including myself) was young and couldn’t keep up with the guys that had been there before. I think what we can do is learn from the experience and come back tougher and more prepared next year. We’ll all be a year better and I definitely think this team has what it takes to go all the way.

I chose guys from the Outlaws just because I know them best.

[Image: PT3Pm1D.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM by gillon.)

Task #1:

Cassius Darrow (D), COL -> Slip McScruff (D), STL

With the momentum that Colorado defense man Cassius Darrow had you're almost surprised he wasn't able to take the Raptors into the finals. A playoff statsheet of 19P in 16GP from a D-man is nothing short of astonishing. Contrast this with the somewhat lackluster performance of McScruff's regular season and the trend seems to continute for McScruff in the playoffs. Point production might just not be what McScruff does best, but that'd certainly see a changeup with this addition of Darrow, who would also work well on a power play unit. He'd slot right into the first D-pairing of St. Louis alongside Adam Taylor. Knowing what we know about the playoffs now, I'm not sure STL would really have needed this, but one can always improve!

Task #2:

Other than hopefully being a interesting prospect based on my play and what I'm aiming for as far as player capabilities go, the big thing for me was always being the guy willing to improve being receptive to feedback and advice. With the wealth of knowledge that is present through all of the SHL organizations one would be a fool to not try and tap into that. If I may be so assuming, I do think that is what made me go (relatively, 25th OA) early in the SMJHL draft. The fact that I was diligent in doing whatever I could to progress, and had my ears open to what kind of advice people around me had to give. With that said, I don't really think that my season as it was went as well as it could've. I'm pretty sure most of my Militia teammates would agree that we wanted more, but such is hockey (Simon T hockey, anyways). 

Come the SHL draft, if there was one thing I'd hold up to the SHL GMs to show my worth it'd be my 'moldability': I'm open to input and I want to progress. I want to win, and I want to do it with a locker room of great people around me. Any team that can offer that same will I'd be happy to call a home.

Task #3:

[Image: pQ0UlpU.png]

Task #4:

The series between the Montreal Militia and the Vancouver Whalers was, at the beginning at the very least, a real roller coaster of emotions. The teams seemed to be trading huge one sided ones against each other:

G1 MTL 2 - VAN 5
G2 MTL 6 - VAN 2
G3 VAN 7 - MTL 1
G4 VAN 2 - MTL 5
G5 MTL 3 - VAN 5
G6 VAN 3 - MTL 2

As with many a hockey game before it, this series was marked by very varied performances from both teams special teams units. You'd go from having a 40% power play in one game, to being completely stone walled by amazing PK the next. Either way, the big shift came towards game 5 or 6, as the Whalers seemingly managed to tighten up the defense. Montreal, which hadn't really been a power house offensively all season, now struggled heavily to keep up scoring and was edged out in the last two games of the series. On top of this, it should probably be noted that there were definitely moments of somewhat shaky goaltending that was very uncharacteristic for both sides, but this felt like more of a outlier than anything else.

Vancouver won the series with a 4-2 scoreline, which doesn't really tell the tale of just how close the series was.

Task #5:

Most likely to date a k-pop girl group member, James Truong, Montreal Militia: After years of stalking and fawning over various otherwordly beauties from across the pond, you just gotta think he's gonna manage to snag one in the end.
Most likely to go down with the ship, Willy Mack: Oh captain, my captain. If there was ever a guy who more embodied the role of a on-ice captain, I've yet to meet him. So much so, that in the case of a Titanic situation, you might find this guy arguing with the actual captain about who gets to leave last.
Most likely endorser of fine stores on the Citadel, Commander Shepard: I just feel like that's something he'd say, you know?

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 12:02 PM by Fluw.)

Task #1-

Cassius Darrow(COL) -> Nat Emerson (DET)
Going into the third round of the playoffs Cassius Darrow had 19 points in 16 gp. With him replacing Nat Emerson on Detroit who made it to the finals I feel like Detroit might have had a better chance at beating St. Louis. Cassius had was scoring at 1.19 PPG which if the games with St.Louis went any diffferenlty and lets say it went to a game 7 Cassius point totals would end up around, 30 points in 25 games assuming he played the 2 extra games to get to the finals and the games went to a game 7. If the games went the same way that the playoffs currently played out we could expect Cassius to get 28/29 points as he would have played one game less seeing as the final between the raptors and the scarecrows ended in 6 games.

Task #2-

Unfortunately our cup run was ended prematurely in the first round as the Lethbridge Lions were eliminated. I can no longer rely on my product on the ice to sell myself to SHL GM's and considering now I am waiting for the draft to hit I can only partake in pre-draft activities in hopes that my stock may rise. The main goal to become distinguished among SHL Gm's would be to be active first and foremost by updating frequently, and attempting to take on media although I do find it to be a bit tough. Not only that but participating in SHL teams interesting prospects threads to show SHL Gm's that I am interested in joining their teams. Other than that, keep racking up that sweet TPE and making my player the best he can be to make sure that whoever picks me did a damn good job at their scouting.

Task #3-
[Image: lZIz1If.png]

Task #4:
Anaheim Outlaws Vs. Halifax Raiders

This series was back and forth and very close from the get go with Anaheim winning the first game and most games going into overtime. Most of the games were one goal games and extremely close and I personally feel the turning point of the series was game 4. Game 4 was another close game that was pushed into overtime unfortunately however with less than a minute left in the first period of overtime Troy Reynolds scored the goal that I beleive changed everythiing for the Anaheim Outlaws. All previous games had the playoff feel to them and were all one goal games as I have mentioned however in game 5 Anaheim was dismantled by a score of 5-3 which isn't as close as previous games. Although Anaheim was down 3 games to 1 going into game 5 you couldn't write them out since all games were really close and all they really needed was some luck to swing their way however after the heart breaking loss to Halifax in game 4 there seemed to be a lack of compete on the Anaheim side only recording 19 shots on net and taking a bunch of penalties. What Anaheim could have done better was not take the pedal off the gas and stay out of the box in the game 5 which may have resulted in a win and a change of momentum.

Task #5:

[Image: 5DGhCie.png]
Casimir Stevens: Arguably the best goalie of his draft class we are confused as to if he even is a real person or actually a brick wall disguised as a human. Therefore he is most likely to be a brick wall, until we can determine he is in fact a human and Vancouver didn't just build a wall in their net.

Monkey D. Luffy: Yeah, **** off buddy we absolutely need more Luffy clips. ****-in every time this kid steps on the ice someone scores. kids ****-in dirt nasty man. Does ****-in Koscis have 15 goals this season I dont ****-in think so bud. I'm ****-in tellin ya Monkey "Rubber-Boi" Luffy is pottin 50 in '17 ****-in callin it right now. Clap bombs, **** moms, wheel, snipe, and ****-in celly boys ****.

Lee Marshal: Often times sees himself starting on the bench, and seems to have made friends with at as he keeps being seen whispering to his new friend. We need to find out what he named it, for science sake.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 12:57 PM by micool132.)

Task #1

Centre Nickolas Klaus takes the first line centre place of Detroit Falcons Raino Kyllonen who can be demoted to 2nd line to give them more depth. Klaus has been the top player of the league this season and a lack of luck and bad referees had his team eliminated way too soon from the playoff. If you give him a chance to play during the Finals, I think he would get 2 goals a game easily and at least an assist for three points a game. Since he would make the Falcons that good, the serie would end 4-0 Detroit and Klaus would have a total of 8 goals and 4 assists for 12 points, being named Playoff MVP in the process of course.

I think the way I will distinguish myself in the playoffs is that I managed to get 3 assists in a losing cause. It is not a lot, but considering I started late and was focused on defensive responsibilities, it shows I progressed as far as the season went and could finally chip in offensively. Now, relying only on playoff would be a catastrophe as the Knights got outed pretty fast. So the main thing going up for me is my locker room presence and my TPE progression. I slot close to the mid-top tier of the new rookies while missing out on all the pre season TPE opportunities. I think my character is also well rounded and SHL GMs might like this as it will be easier to develop a focussed attribute if required from a team that drafts me. I am open to learning opportunities and as such prefer to not commit on an attribute right now and then building up to help my team.

Task #3 -

[Image: KPLkrS7.jpg]

Task #4 -  

I'll pick the Kelowna Knights vs St-Louis Scarecrows serie. This serie determining factor in the Knights loss was penalties. The referees plain sucked and would keep their whistle on their lips just to make sure to not miss any call, a rare sight in playoff hockey. However, they made sure to whistle the green players, not the brown  and red ones.  Some say it is easy blaming it on the refs but with a couple less penalties on our side and another on St-Louis side, maybe Kelowna's big guns, Klaus, Sawchuk, Kosckis would have managed to get their rythm and explode offensively, also resulting in less playtime for the bottom lines which meant our leaders would have palyed more.  Imagine a finale between Kelowna and Detroit, that would have been much more exciting than boring St-Louis.  But honestly, the lack of discipline might have been a problem that could be solved from within rather than blaming the refs.

Task #5 -

Most annoying player: Dick Clapper

Dick Clapper is only a name right? Wrong. His game day routine involves many dick clapping. And it's with his own dick, the guy just goes around in the locker room and claps with both his hands on our dicks when we do not expect it. He says it's good luck. Looking at his rookie stats, I might have to start clapping some too.

Most brutal player: Nathan Explosion

Well, the guy is the frontman of the most badass metal band, can growl at his opponents to make them cower in fear and then steal the puck and when his first fight come, you better become a turtle as fast as you can. No other player has the brutality level Explosion brings.

Most Likely to become too fat to play hockey:

Waffles Man, from Detroit Falcons jsut can't stop eating these waffles. Playing hockey within Canada markets gave him the occasion to add true Maple Syrup to his already unhealthy addiction.  Combining the 2, it is said that if he missed 2 days of workout within a week he would put on 2 kilos of weight.  The Detroit Falcons are paying he doesnt get injured because then he would just eat homemade waffles 24/7 and likely could't jump over his bench to get on the ice if he returns, ending his career prematurely.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Task #1
I would pick my own player from the eliminated Vancouver Whalers, as Cannellini. Borromini Cannellini was pretty slow in the first round of the playoffs, only scoring a single point in the first six games. However against the Scarecrows he was unreal, scoring 9 points in 6 games and scoring 6 goals in those games in the process, being the team's MVP during that round. Now if you had Cannellini on the Falcons? He would light up the Crows and the Falcons would likely win the series in 6 games instead of losing in six. This center has simply gotten better every single game he has played, and that would continue in the finals.

Task #2
I really don't believe that I have to do that much at this point to distinguish myself from other SHL GMs. I created a player with a lot of individual success with Alonzo Garbanzo, and have demonstrated a lot of dedication to the league and the Minnesota Chiefs, making my value known by pretty much everyone (whatever that value may be in reality). So at this point GMs will know whether or not I am really worth picking up at this point, and nothing that I do will really be able to change the way other GMs perceive me. I did have a great playoff which is nice, but I don't think that anyone is going to worry about a first playoff run as much as they are going to worry about the ability to be a long-term dominant force, and like I said they should already know that by know.

Task #3
[Image: 4CQIMtu.png]

Task #4
The turning point for the Round 1 series between the Anchorage Armada and the Colorado Raptors was pretty obvious, but is worth mentioning, regardless. The two teams ended up splitting games, the Raptors winning game 1 and the Armada winning game 2. The Armada would then win the next two, with a chance to win the series at home against an inferior opponent. However the Raptors had a huge game, withstanding the Armada's 33 shots, and scoring 4 straight goals in the first period. The Armad started to come back, and it was looking like the Raptors were going to fall at this point, especially when only up 4-3 in the third period. However Loki Odinsson was able to get open shortly after the 3rd Armada goal and score his first of the playoffs, putting the Raptors well ahead and keeping the game in their hands. The Armada could not respond after that, and with the momentum on their side the Raptors were able to win the next two games and take the series despite being down 3-1.

Task #5
Most likely to be a stunning disappointment despite being really good in the playoffs: Kalvins Szejnieks (why? Szejnieks scored 1 goal and 12 points in 18 games for the Falcons, making him the highest scoring rookie in the playoffs. However there is no indication that he will be able to continue that pace despite the expectations, so people are going to be really disappointed to see him not play as well next season)
Most likely to stay in the SMJHL way too long: Ty Hoover (why? Hoover is a 1st year send-down, which is fine and dandy, but with the way Hoover has intimated it seems that he is expecting to win another cup with St. Louis next season and keep it up the season after that)
Most likely to be a superstar in the weirdest way: Donnie Dicks (why? Dicks is his last name. I mean, come on, here.)

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Task 3: note...i cant art. I tried tracing as best as i could but as the STL logo proved...i failed xD

[Image: OySz0o8h.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 06:04 PM by Sir__Magoo.)

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup

Nickolas Klaus. The leading point scorer for the regular season had a disappointing 1 playoff round only getting an assist while the Kelowna Knights got swept. I believe if he was put on the St.Louis Scarecrows roster he would turn it around be their leading point scorer netting 11 goals, and 10 assists for 21 points during the playoffs. With 5 of those goals coming in the finals round, he would show that he can be a clutch player rebounding off a disappointing 1st round. No doubt he would slot into their 1st line.

Task 2

To distinguish myself from the crowded drafting class Liam Hutchinson just had to keep to his game. His hard hitting style with a scoring touch could garner some intreint from the SHL GM's looking for a mid-late round project pick. He has to keep a good attitude, and maybe pick up a leadership role in juniors to really show that he is worth a shot as he can bring character and of course GRIT to a SHL locker room after he makes the jump from juniors. He can be a big time playoff player with his playstyle as everyone knows the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. In the end he can't really do mutch different than he already has to cement his project drafting position, much like his junior drafting he is relatively unknown, but that could make him a diamond in the rough for a late round steal.

Task 4
The turning point of the Lethbridge - Colorado series came in game 3. It wasn't so much as a turning point, but a point of no return for Lethbridge. Going into game 3, down 2-0 in the series makes it a must win. Lethbridge came out strong and scored 3 unanswered goals in the first, which game them life to keep fighting, and a light that the series could turn around. The Raptors however, came out strong in the 2nd and tied the game with 3 unanswered goals of their own. The Lions would score a late goal to put them up 4-3 going into the third. 13 minutes and 26 seconds into the thirds period Lethbridge was holding the Raptors off, but Donny McMaster would take a holding penalty, and 30 seconds later the Raptors would tie the game. This sucked the life out of the Lions, and the Raptors would score on with 3 minutes left to win the game. This would be the end point of the series, as the Lions would have to reverse sweep the Raptors. The Lions lost game 4 to get swept.

Task 5

Most likely to clap bombs, and f*** mom's
Dick Clapper. 
With a name like that how can this guy not win that award, and after a rookie season he had no mom's are safe.

Most likely to forget his gear on a roadtrip
Jimmy Slothface
Again this one is based off his name. Personally he seems like a good dude, and a fantastic player. His name though leaves it to the imagination that he might be a little sloth like, and not be able to get his gear on the bus in time.

Most likely to be a late round gem
Barry Batsbak.
He is a good guy, active, and seems engaged in building his player. He will be a solid pick wherever he ends up.

[Image: Sig-1.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png]