Create Account

S45 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 12:40 PM by Jogurtaa.)

Task 1
I would go on and replace myself with Kit Smeb of the Detriot Falcons. Kit did have a good PO run with 11 points from whom 6 were goals and all that in 18 games. Why the switch? Eva Lykke Aparjode showed a good amount numbers in less games and also would really well fit in with the already great Detroit Falcons team. Another Latvian playing for the falcons would be a match made in heaven. Eva ended her playoff run with 5 points in 4 games and that is indeed a good result. Imagine what she would have been able to do if she keeped the same pace for the rest of the games if Lethbridge could have been able to pass the first round.

Task 2
The Lethbridge Lions didn’t really have a great cup run this off-season. We ended up losing all of our games in the playoffs. They were pretty close so I believe that in the near future our team will be a force to be reckoned with, but not just yet. We are all still very young. How I would show myself to the SHL GMs? Pretty easy, I am already a well known figure in the SHL community and at this point I do not go and write people to maybe consider to draft me. At this point SHL GMs are writing me and now it is just a measure of who wants me more. The draft is near and knowing that the teams who have already showed interest are both high and low at the draft pool, I have really no idea what will be my destiny. There are a lot of recreates this season and it is hard to distinguish yourself between all of these great members with a lot of history on the site, but I guess my dashing personality and awesome accent will make me stand out.

Task 3
[Image: 6S3hMqG.png]

Task 4
The games between Detroit Falcons and Colorado Raptors were sure to be something special and the fans just couldn’t be more excited. Both teams were serious contenders for the cup and for they both to meet in the semi-finals was like a final matchup coming just a bit too early. Raptors started off slow with 2 Ls in a row but were able to tie up the series at 2. But the big turning point must have been the 5th game of the series where the Falcons were just a little bit better than the raptors. Detroit won 4-2 after a strong start in the 1st period to get that 2-0 lead and later on holding on to it (3-1; 3-2; 4-2). The Raptor leaders just were not able to stop the Falcons from tearing their defense apart. And the last game of the series was just another example of how good the Falcons are. They left no chance for the opposition and ended up winning the game and the whole series. Who knows how the series would have ended and how the SMJHL finals would have ended if the Colorado Raptors would have been able to hold on to their momentum after comming back from 0-2 in the series to 2-2.

Task 5
[Image: kdll6sl.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 10:01 AM by Segi.)

Task #1

The easiest thing here is to put myself into the finals: Outlaws Mathias Seger would replace Scarecrows Helmuts Akmenlauks to play alongside his countryman Scarecrows Basil Magnicotta. We are likely to see this pairing in the WJC on team world. Two defensemen who can communicate in a language no one else can even remotely understand, will be very valuable to have for any team. As we can assume from the regular season. Seger would only score in one game, but then twice. Throughout the playoffs, he'd get 6 assists and since he's a valuable player on the PK, he'd accumulate 21 blocked shots.

Task #2

Mathias Seger is very dedicated to self improvement, so he never skips training and even after an early playoff out, he works on every skill there is and takes every opportunity to do so. He even took the opportunity to do some commentary during the SMJHL finals to improve his knowledge of the game and the league. During games, he showed that he is fully commited to his defensive work and is not afraid to play the opponent. The contact to several teams is of course a very important part in getting drafted as early as possible. Seger has claimed interest in several SHL teams and has already had some great talks with a couple of team officials. From what he could gather from those talke, he can have realistic hopes to be picked sometimes in the first round. Maybe even as one of the earliest first gen players of the class.

Task #3

[Image: 3fIhZX5.png]

Task #4

In the wild card series between the Anaheim Outlaws and the Halifax Raiders, the Outlaws won their first home game. Game 2 was a tight one. The Outlaws managed to tie the game early in the third, but shortly after half way through the third period, Matt Kholin scored to bring the Raiders in front again. Only nine seconds after the goal, Mikael Choybuk got sent to the penalty box for slashing. So Anaheim had the perfect opportunity to set the score equal again, but their power play did not manage to put up. But with that not enough. One minute before the final horn, Andrej Doskocil got called for holding and because Anaheim pulled Tibuk Soonika out of the goal, they played a 6 on 4 for a whole minute. The Outlaws put four shots on Mike McKorsy's goal, but did not manage to beat the German goalie. Had Anaheim a stronger power play, this game could have easily made the series 2:0 in their favour and potentially change the outcome of the whole wild card series.

Task #5 

Most likely to drink alcohol during the game: Mike Hunt @"AtlasHunter" - Mike is a heavy drinker and one day he might decide the best way to cure the hangover from last night would be to keep drinking - even if he has to play.

First goalie to paint his own mask: Tibuk Soonika @chetib - Tibuk is very artistically talented and while he designed his current mask himself, he might even take the brush into his own hands next time.

Most likely to get into trouble with authorities: Jerry "The Snake" Mander @GCool - I probably don't have to explain this. The American defector to Russia only to return to North America. Every side will assume, he's a spy for another and everyone will watch him very closely.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?
Must include: 100 words.

Clearly, the missing link for the Detroit Falcons was Nikolai Evans. Just replace Emil Olsson or some other scrub on the Falcons roster with Nikolai Evans, God’s gift to hockey. Sure, Detroit made it to the finals, which is pretty good, I guess. But imagine how good they would have been with the first overall pick in the SMJHL Draft, the Russian Prince? Evans would have pushed them over the top and been the difference maker for Detroit, likely tallying a point-per-game production level. Then, Nikolai would have done what his father couldn’t: bring a Four Star Cup to Detroit.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run.
Must include: 150 words.

Nikolai Evans doesn’t need to distinguish himself from the pack to SHL GMs. Firstly, if any scouts are watching Nikolai Evans and don’t see the sheer excellence that glows around his very being as he’s on the ice, they don’t need to be scouts. They clearly know nothing about hockey. Nikolai doesn’t have to do anything other than continue being the goddamn best hockey player in the SMJHL.

And if for whatever reason heavenly auras aren’t good enough, just look at the lineage. Son of a John McBride Trophy winner. Son of a Sarmad Khan Trophy winner. Son of a Vidrik Onoprienko Trophy winner. I can keep going. GMs will be – no – GMs are ALREADY drooling at the chance to have Nikolai Evans on their team. He is the future, and the future is coming to just one lucky SHL team. Any GM who passes that up clearly doesn’t belong in the SHL.

Task #3 - Create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Task #4 - Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

Sometimes, life comes at you fast. That was the case in Game Five of the SMJHL Playoff Series between the Montreal Militia and the Vancouver Whalers, when Montreal’s euphoria was quickly replaced by dismay.

Montreal entered the period trailing 3-2, with Backdoor Barnacle’s second-period goal holding as the game winner to that point. However, the Militia scored with 3:16 remaining in the third period, as Mason Hudson notched the equalizer after an interception and assist by Andreas Kvalheim.

The Militia appeared to hold new life, tying the game in a series already tied, 2-2. Both teams knew the importance of this game with the series down to a best of three. However, William Goose responded for the Whalers, scoring less than a minute later to push Vancouver ahead 4-3.

The Whalers would add an empty-net goal by Tauras Karazija in the closing seconds, but the damage was already done. With the 5-3 win, the Whalers took a 3-2 series lead, and eventually won Game 6 to put away the Militia.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.
Must include: Written - 100 words. Graphic - 1 render and an SMJHL logo.

Most Likely to Be a Bust – Anastasia O’Koivu: Look, it’s not her fault. It runs in the family. Her dad was a colossal fuck-up who threw away the prime of his career because he couldn’t do basic math, and her mother was one of the most talented players in SHL history to do absolutely not a thing other than piggyback on others’ success to “Triple Gold.”

Most Likely to Fall in the SHL Draft Because Reasons - Karlstrabe Scholz: He was a first-round draftee in the SMJHL Draft for Kelowna and has delivered on expectations with 31 points as a defenseman. But apparently when you’re the son of the GM of an SHL team you get territory protection or some shit, so he’ll get picked like 177th because nobody else can draft him. /kayfabe

Most Likely to Get Arrested for Tax Fraud – Troy Reynolds: Dude legitimately believes Halifax was ahead of Detroit in their playoff series at one point. He won’t even falsify his taxes, he’ll just put down blatantly wrong information and get arrested for it, not having a damn clue what happened.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Task #1
One man armies aren’t common in the world of ice hockey, but maybe Cassius Darrow of Colorado Raptors could fulfill the description of one. This defenseman is simultaneously able to hold his own in the zone of Colorado, while creating opportunities and even closing on some in the other end of the ice. A very dangerous player happens when both the defensive responsibility and offensive talent are combined, and Darrow has shown us how he has been able to do so. Who do we slot him in for? I assume that as Detroit is the number 1 seed, St. Louis might want some more help and I don’t see any other place to get Darrow in as the first D pair, where he would ideally replace Adam Taylor, and probably add another 4-5 points to end with 23 on the post season, most likely 2 goals and 2 or 3 assists.

Task #2
For me, the important thing is to be on the radar for everyone. So, being active, consistently gaining TPE, creating media, and mainly answering any questions GMs will have for me, either through PMs or IPs, and making sure that it is known who I am and what I offer. My personal take is, that if I throw a net wide enough, some team is going to be willing to get their hands dirty for me eventually and my role is to make that pick worth their time, if they would ever want to doubt it. The second most important thing I would say is actually having a decent player. It is nice to be active and all, spam all around the page and be informed about everything, if your player is lagging behind in TPE, has no money in their bank and absolutely doesn’t know what his build does and how to continue it forward. Maybe it’s not as important to GMs now, but down the line, when they will try to count on me in their playoff or regular season runs, having a decent build from the get go makes me a more interesting choice even on lower TPE and makes your player a more integral part of a roster rather than a chip on the trading board to flash when you need someone.

Task #3
TBD

Task #4
The series between number 8 seed Anaheim Outlaws and number 9 seed Halifax Raiders has seen Anaheim spring to an early lead, taking the first home game 3-2 in double overtime. After this incredible heartbreak, Halifax needed to bounce back in order to not to fall too far behind and still confirm their position of a slight favourite comming into the series, as despite the standings, Halifax was clearly the stronger team coming into the last quarter of the regular play and the actual difference in standing between the two teams was only 5 points anyway. Luckily, game 2 seen Matt Kholin score his second of the playoffs as a response to an early third period goal from Anaheim to regain the lead of the game, giving Halifax the first win of the postseason, and the first win of their eventual four straight games win streak to knock out Anaheim in 5.

Task #5
Most likely to become a HOF player – Matt Kholin. Let’s face it, if anyone out of the rookies in Halifax get to the Hall, it’s Matt. Already leading the rookies in scoring, while being super active? Absolutely wonderful combination. Just needs to hold out for long enough to justify the induction.
Most likely to overdose – Troy Reynolds. We all know it, we all see it, yet no one does anything, mainly in fear of getting punched – Troy is playing his best in the style of the 80s, absolutely shitfaced. God bless him and his drunken, high soul. It’s fun to be his teammate.
Most likely to go 1 OA – Nikolai Evans. Is it a leak, an educated guess, a wishful thought or an absolutely misjudged choice? God knows, probably alongside management of Hamilton, that has the first pick under their control. One cannot deny his qualities, and in such a tight race for 1st, it’s the smallest things that can decide.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into a finals lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?

I will put Casimir Stevens on the Detroit Falcons in place of Cedric Robinson. As I write this, Detroit has already lost so my reasoning will be a little outdated but I'll try to make it simple. I think Detroit becomes even worse with Stevens on the team and I am all for anything that makes the Falcons worse. Stevens should be a nice downgrade from Cedric "The Entertainer" Robinson, and his lackluster skill will be on display behind Detroit's porous defense. Cassy Stevens should give up about 7.45 GAA and have a .783 save percentage and Detroit loses in 3.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run.

Alright GMs, let's cut right to the chase. I see my regular season stats just like you do. They aren't the best. But look at all of the work that I've put in so far this season. Look at my sexy big bank account. But most importantly, look at my performance in the postseason. I led the Raiders past Anaheim with the most clutch goals of my career to seal impressive comebacks. I am not just another face on a team, I am the heart and soul of a team. If you want to gain not only a talented player, but a fixture in your locker room for better or worse, I am your guy. I kept it up in the Detroit series that we won unofficially, and I will continue these clutch, hearty performances for the remainder of my career. There's no one out there with more heart than me, and also I'm not afraid to lay my body on the line for the win.

Must include: logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

[Image: eWwq2NQ.png]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

Anaheim Outlaws vs Halifax Raiders. Those Outlaws came out firing in Game 1 but really struggled in the rest of the series for one reason: discipline. It seemed like Anaheim just kept shooting themselves in the foot and the Raiders' powerplay repeatedly made them pay for their mistakes. It seemed like Halifax was the better team anyway, but even just a little more discipline gives Anaheim another game in the series. Game 3 was probably the huge turning point, because it was such a massive comeback for Halifax and it was capped off by a game winning goal from the Raiders' emotional leader, ya boi Troy Reynolds. After that goal, it seemed like the Raiders were a freight train heading to a quick round 1 victory. Everyone picked it up after that game. I'd be remissed not to also point out captain Dominic Montgomery's contributions in the series. He was easily the best player on the Raiders during that series, even if I say that my goals were the greatest gifts ever handed to the province of Nova Scotia. Which they were, his goals were just as good though.

Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team). Example: Most Likely to Retire Early, etc. OR make a yearbook style photo of any player from the league and include a player quote and superlative.

[Image: w8a2tFG.png]

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

Parker Smeb is a freak of nature. With a league leading points per game total, Smeb showed up in a big way in the playoffs leading to a possible preview of things to come. Parker posted an absurd 10 points in 16 games. Wait, that doesn't sound absurd? Well, his time on ice has been abysmally low for somebody performing so well, seeing under 7 minutes of ice time in those games. That's an incredible points per 20. Allegedly, all the Smebs have stated that Parker is the best amongst them and these stats seem to lend heavy credence to that claim.

As the draft looms, I feel as though I'm a known quantity. My effort is sporadic, my presence erratic. If I stay interested, I may bring a stabilizing presence to a third line some day but with the way TPE inflation is now a days, I doubt it. The biggest thing I can do to show people I stand out is to consistently update. For most people, myself especially, the thing that matters most is actually have the damn TPE. That's why I'm here, answering this question for the 12th time today of why a GM should draft me and why I stand out. I'm a veteran with a terrible past in terms of track record. I've had fun here, but not much in the terms of individual success. So what I've done is accept that I should devote myself and my players to team success over individual accolades and hope for the best.

Task #4 - Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around?

Most likely to usurp the democratic captaincy vote: Vladislav Kostantin - The Russian captain of the Kelowna Knights brought some massive energy and talent to the squad this season, however many were convinced that the captaincy wasn't actually his to begin with and secretly judged him for it.

Most likely to have sex with the coach's daughter: Dick Clapper - As if this was ever in doubt, Dick Clapper brought some BIG DICK ENERGY to the team this season and it showed. A talented goal scorer on and off the ice, watch for Clapper to steal your wife and daughter simultaneously.

Most likely to get a fudge endorsement: Big Fudge - Yeah, that's right, I used myself. Problem? No? Okay good. The only upside to using my nickname as my name was to earn a god damn fudge endorsement so this better be me.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 04:52 AM by Katth.)

Task #1
I picked Sanyi Kocsis from the Kelowna Knights to replace Nat Emerson on the Detroit Falcons team. I think with Sanyi Kocsis on the team the Falcons would have made a better finals run or even won it all. Nat Emerson only had 5 points, all assists, in their entire play off run, while Sanyi Kocsis had 3 assists in only 4 games played. Sanyi also brings a ton of leadership to any team he would play for. It's the kind of player that can turn a team around from just being able to make the play offs to a cup contender. Any team would be lucky to have him.

Task #2
As a third line center for the Kelowna Knights I have tried to make a difference in the best way possible, score goals. I was the only player to score more than 1 goal during our (very) short play off run. With the limited ice item I was given I did the only thing that would of helped is advance to the second round, but unfortunately it wasn't enough for us as a team. The St. Louis Scarecrows were suprisingly good at shutting is down alsmost completely. They deserved to win the cup after how they played against us in the first round. I hope I have been able to impress some of the SHL GM's with my performance even though they didn't have much to look at it. For them it's going to be a very hard job to cut through all the good rookies and pick the perfect fits for their team. I really hope I get picked by a team that I can call my family for years to come.

Task #3

[Image: vCbNGGi.jpg]

Task #4
Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws vs Halifax Raiders raiders
Game 4 in Halifax was the turning point in this series. The Anaheim Outlaws outshot the Halifax Raiders 37 to 22 and the game was tied at 2-2 after the first period, but they weren't able to break Mike McKorsy. The German netminder stood his ground with his Halak-ish legendary performance and lasted long enough for the Raiders to score at 19:07 in OT. From this point on you could feel that the series was over with the Outlaws on the brink of elemination. The Outlaws must have thought that if we put pucks on net we will get a goal eventually, but most shot attempts were quite poor and didn't result into any serious chances. You could sense that they were running out of ideas and started to panic a little. What they could have done better was just play their regular game. They have such amazing talent, but fear of losing kept them from performing the way they can. If they would have just stuck to their gameplan I think they would have won this game and tied the series. 

Task #5
Most likely to retire because of pelvis injury: Dick Clapper
His name says it all. Dick Clapper will most likely be the one to retire from a pelvis injury for well clapping his dick to hard and to often. Shame, because I think he's quite a good player.

Most likely to commit suicide on the ice: Sanyi Kocsis
Sanyi Kocsis lives and breaths hockey, but the star player and captain from the Kelowna Knights is suffering from a severe form of depression. The Knights bad run in the last play offs didn't help him either. He took it hard and personal being swept by the St. Louis Scarecrows. As his team mate we try to get him better, but it's a touch job when he keeps himself locked up in bathroom most of the time.

Most likely to defect to another country: Gordie Boomhover
Let's be honest, a Dutch guy playing for Germany? I know there's no Dutch team in the IIHF, but come on Germany? You don't see a French guy playing for UK or a Swede playing for Norway? I'll give a him a few seasons as a backup German before he will realize he has better options.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 12:42 AM by Lynxfire.)

So I would replace Detroit Falcons defenseman Emil Olsson with myself. Why me? Well, it would've been fun to play in the finals so why not. Why Emil? Basically because he seemed to be the lowest minutes playing defenseman in the bunch and I think Kalevi Karhunen would've slotted in well at that spot. I think I could have matched or surpassed Emil's 0 assists and 0 +/- as Kalevi was hitting about a half a point per game pace during his regular season and short playoff stint. Projecting that through a 7 game finals (since it would've now gone to at least 7 games), we'd probably be looking at a goal and 3 assists with a slightly positive +/-, which might be enough edge to swing the series the other way.

Kalevi Karhunen is a fast playmaking defenseman. He prides himself on breakouts and those sweet saucer passes. While playing on the 2nd line of the Armada, he came up with a +18 in the regular season with about a .5 points per game pace. These are solid stats for a rookie, and if only looking at even strength points, Kalevi was 2nd for all the rookies in the league in points. While scoring hasn't been his strenght (some would even say its a weakness), its been rumored that Kalevi has been working on making scoring a better aspect of his play into the future, and upon further analysis its his checking that might be considered a weakness. But with his fast moving, skating, puck handling and passing his core attributes seemed well poised for the SHL draft. In true Finnish style Kalevi doesn't like to boast much about himself but wants his play on the ice to speak for him. He'd be happy to picked up on any team looking to fill their lineup with an energetic rookie defenseman.

[Image: GTu6e3X.jpg]

Task #4 -  Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around? 

Game 5 for the Anchorage Armada vs the Colorado Raptors. Series tied 2-2 after a back and forth swing between both teams taking the series lead. Game 5 would end 3-2 with a Raptor win, which seemed to deflate the sails of the mighty boats enough to lose the next game of the series in overtime. However, 3rd period of game 5, series tied 2-2, game tied 2-2, the Colorado Raptors Zivan Zidek won a faceoff in the Armada zone and, while getting hit by Mika Mayfield, passed the puck off to Alexander Selich who shot it on goal and then buried his own rebound for the game winning goal. Although the Armada gave up way too many goals in the early games of the series, it was really this moment that cemented their end. They did still have some time to make a comeback but were unable to crack the Raptor's defense. The 3rd period, and all of game 5, could really have gone either way, but sometimes fate flips a coin to see who goes on. 

[Image: nJVaIeC.png]

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 01:20 AM by xDParK.)

Put Chico Smeb on the Falcons and they win the cup over St Louis easily. Chico would replace Emil Olsson quite nicely to provide the Falcons with some depth. As we all know Chico was by far the best 3rd pairing defenseman in the league so this would improve their depth on defence tremendously. Chico would be the 3rd highest TPE defenseman on the team and I think Chico would put up PPG on the blueline here, while laying the body and finishing with a nice plus minus. Let's say 14 GP , 5G, 9A, +8. Giving him MVP honors after the Falcons hoist the four star cup.

Chico will prove he can be SHL ready by his performance this playoffs. Even though he only receives around 15 minutes per game, lowest out of all 6 dmen on the Raptors, he plays at a near point per game pace. SHL GMs can see that even though he's 3rd highest TPE on the team, he doesn't complain about getting the lowest minutes, and instead just shuts his mouth and puts up big stats. GMs respect this and would love to have a humble player like Chico on their team. Expect all SHL GMs to go crazy over Chico this draft, I could see him going top 10 easily. Chico was the top scoring defenseman in the playoffs for all rookie dmen by a lot, GMs definitely took notice of this. Look for Chico to improve more on his hitting and defense over the off-season, making him SHL ready in his first eligible season in the SHL, which is very rare to see these days.

[Image: 2s4bIGw.jpg]
[Image: w4YpBzT.png]

When the Raptors matched up with the Anchorage Armada everyone knew it would be a close series. Anchorage pretty much was first place the entire season until the end when Detroit took it over. In game 5 Chico had a massive two point game in only 15 minutes played which completely changed the entire series. This performance completely demoralized Anchorage and the series quickly ended in 6 games after that. There's not much Anchorage could have done to stop Chico that night. When he gets motivated and is on his game there isn't one player in the game that can stop him. Really the only way is to match him physically, but fortunately for CHico, he's the biggest and strongest player in the entire league. No one can mess with him, so he can run around doing whatever he wants. Maybe in the SHL there will be someone bigger, but right now the SMJHL belongs to Chico Smeb.

Most Likely To Play In the SHL As a Year 1 ROokie: Parker Smeb
This guy is physically ready for the SHL, he is big, strong, and mean. Not only that, but he is easily the most talented rookie in the SMJHL. The guy plays no minutes but almost scores a goal per game, that is insane. Look for Parker Smeb to be in the SHL next season, which is such a rare thing to see these days.

Most Likely To Fall In the Draft : Kit Smeb
It's no secret this guy is one of the most hated players in the league. Even though he may be a top 3 talent in this draft, I could easily see him fall to possibly even the second round. I think this guy will be a major steal for anyone who drafts him after 10th overall.

Most Likely To An Awful LR Guy: Daniel Smeb
Unless you like having a mute in your lockerroom, Daniel Smeb provides absolutely nothing in your locker room. I feel bad for any team that needs activity in their locker room if they draft this guy

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 01:28 PM by FuzzSHL.)

Task #1
Barret McCarthy Whalers -> Slip McScruff Scarecrows
The Scarecrow captain is a centerpiece in their locker room and was an integral part to their team not only making the postseason, but winning the cup as well. Despite this, his play in the postseason wasn’t one he was proud of and wasn’t that reflective of a first-pairing defenceman. McCarthy had a comparable amount of penalty minutes in the playoffs, a slightly better +/-, but had a lot better offensive production. Now, it could be argued that McScruff’s role on the team isn’t to be an offensive threat, but St Louis didn’t have a true offensive defenceman on the squad this past season. McCarthy could have been the difference between the Scarecrows ending this series in four instead of in six, but that is one thing we will never know. 

Task #2
With the playoffs having already finished, Michael Fox almost reached his regular season point total in only 16 games. During the regular season, Fox posted 8 goals and 9 assists for 17 total points in 50 games, while posting 2 goals and 10 assists for 12 points in 16 playoff games. Fox showed during the Scarecrow’s postseason run that he shows up when it matters. Adding to that, Fox has a growing reputation off the ice that is only going to get better as time wears on. Fox took a while to start producing in the regular season and never quite found his footing, but the move to center for the postseason run seemed to have jump started his offensive production. With only 2 penalty minutes as well, Fox has shown he isn’t one to take costly penalties. A guy who keeps his head down and focused on improving day in and day out, if GM’s haven’t already taken notice, then they are going to be missing out when Fox finally hits the SHL.

Task #3
[Image: 7OTCC7m.jpg]

Task #4
St Louis Scarecrows. Kelowna Knights. On paper, this seemed like a nightmare matchup for the Scarecrows. Kelowna swept the regular season series, winning four in regulation and one in overtime. The Scarecrows needed something big to get through this series, and if anyone was expecting a sweep they were expecting Kelowna to sweep St Louis. We all remember how that series played out, so what led to that? First thing first, St Louis shifted their lines up to be more matchup based than they were in the regular season. The true turning point though came 9 minutes and 27 seconds into Game 1 where Kiko Rytmeyr buried a pass from Bernard Freeman to give the Scarecrows the lead. Playoff atmosphere and a lead against a team that owned them in the regular season, the Scarecrows never looked back. That goal gave the Scarecrows the confidence boost they needed for the rookies to realize they could hang with the best of them and that they truly belonged in the playoffs. 

Task #5
Most Likely to Miss the SHL Scoring Title by 1 Point Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine)
Luffy missed the SMJHL rookie scoring title by one point despite playing on one of the worst teams in the league this season. That’s not a knock to Lethbridge, that’s just a fact. Luffy, however, was one of the more consistent and solid performing rookies in the entire league and just barely missed out on the rookie scoring title. I wouldn’t be surprised if he missed the SHL title (either rookie or regular) by just one point as well.

Most Likely to have a Mental Break Down in an Interview - Lunga Gumba (@Pingy Pingu)
Lunga Gumba has been on the cusp of a complete break down throughout the season, and has been heard yelling “NOOT NOOT” as if he couldn’t control himself. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gumba turned into Groot and only ever said “NOOT NOOT” in response to anything anyone said to him or asked him.

Most Likely to Write a Novel on Draft LogicKalvins Zvejnieks (@Gobbles)
I don’t think I have to explain myself on this one. Gobbles is a true hero

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Monkey D. Luffy  Lions for Raino Kyllonen Falcons

Detroit needed some more offense against the Scarecrows. While Raino was one of the top scoring rookies in the regular season, the Scarecrows were able to shut him down only allowing him 2 points in 6 games. Luffy being a top rookie himself and having more offensive skills should complement the top line on the Falcons beter. With Luffy slotting between Hippo Passamus and Franz Cooper, I could see him having 7 goals and 10 assists in the 18 games played and be a 0.7 PPG player in the finals. Luffy's downside is that his defensive skills are not as strong so +/- and turnovers may be high but the Scarecrows were able to score 3+ goals in the majority of the final games so it may be better for the Falcons to match firepower with firepower. With the addition of Luffy, I believe the Falcons would have won the series against the Falcon in seven games.

Unfortunately for Donny McMasters, the Lions were swept in the first round so there was little opportunity to distinguish himself during his cup run. The initial goal for Donny was to be a steady two-way defense man, making sure he was positive player on the ice. While there was a stretch of games where Donny was scoring offensively in the regular season, that may have inflated his ego as he was focusing more on getting points than winning games. That resulted in a poor finish to the regular season and an uneventful four games. Moving forward, Donny wants to go back to his initial goal and be a better pass first defense man. Donny wants to make sure that while hes on the ice, the coaches and fans are not scared whenever the puck touches his stick. Being on an expansion team was tough for Donny but has increased his mental fortitude as there is no where to go but up for him in his SHL career.

Lethbridge Lions vs Colorado Raptors

While this was a sweep for the Raptors, 3 of the 4 games were decided by one goal. For the first two games of the series, the Lions took way too many penalties and was shorthanded 13 times while the Raptors were only shorthanded twice. This was a huge turning point for the Raptors even though they did not score as it drained the penalty killers for the Lions. Another turning point for the Raptors is in game 3 where the Lions came out to a quick 3-0 lead in the first period only to have it erased in the second by the Raptors. This created momentum for the Raptors to go in for the kill and demoralized the Lions hope of winning a game. The Lions played much better at home than on the road, which if they were more prepared from the start could have made the series more competitive. In addition, the weak power play of the Lions also hurt them as they went 1 for 10 in game 4. If there was more urgency in their play, the Lions could have staved off elimination and attempt a comeback of grand proportions.

[Image: Ri3ORF0.png][Image: mcmasters_sig_2.png]

This one is an easy task. I would definitely take Jakub Novak into the final lineup. This man is a stud, and his stats can prove it.  6 goals, 10 assists for a total of 16 points in 16 games, that'a a point per match. And he is rocking a fat +6, all while playing on the third line. If you want a man that can turn on the heat and get some offensive in the game, you have to consider him. He can score and has a good vision of the game, so this kid is definitely something that you have to consider in a final lineup.

Placing him on the line centered by Palicka, with Kit Smeb, would create a lot of Sparks, that's for sure. Novak and Smeb has a similar kind of build and has better stats, so they can easily complete more each other than Waffles Man. Man did a good job with his linemates that's for sure, but with Novak, this line would had exploded and make some good run. 

Well, the cup run of my team, the Kelowna Knight, was kind of short. We got eliminated in 4 games versus the winner team, St-Louis Scarecrows. My player didn't make any good stuff neither in the loss, with 0 points and -2 in the 4 games. I won't deny it, it was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't really had a chance to prove myself to distinguish myself for the upcoming draft, but in all honesty, I don't mind really. I know that wherever and whenever I'll go in the draft, either this year or the next one, I'll be able to prove how valuable that I am. A lot of good player came from afar in drafts, and to my opinion, it could create a non wanted pressure. I'll be what I want, do what I can, try to distinguish myself in other way, and we'll see where I land.  Sure, every player wish to be the first overall pick, but it doesn't matter for Laliberté. What only matters to him is to prove his value by any way possible, even if he's the last one taken.

Not complete.

I would take the Anaheim Outlaws vs Halifax Raiders. The Raiders were coming off a bit short with 1 win and 1 lose in overtime, but the switch came to on in the third came, where they never looked back after, scoring 16 goals in only 3 games. 
After being surprise in the first game with a heart-crushing goal in second overtime, the Raiders succeed to win the second game in extremis. At this point, in a tied serie, everyone was wondering who would be the winner of this serie. The same thing happened in the game 3, where the Raiders came back from a 5-2 deficit in the third period. But what really cost the serie for the Outlaws are discipline. The Raiders succeed to came back in the game because of 3 power play goals in less than 6 minutes.  Then, Troy Reynolds came in and scored the game winning goal that fulfilled the Raiders with hope and energy, and they never looked back after with a 3-2 and 5-3 wins to leave with the winning serie. Haven't had those penalties, this serie would have looked very different. 

The oddball of the upcoming draft: Lunga Gumba (DET)

Uh, yeah. We all know this guy, but at the same time, who really know him? This guy could be the most annoying superstar in the league, like the most hilarious bust in the league. Nobody can predict him, and no one can predict where, or if, he'll be draft. But one thing for sure, he'll be a known player in the league. 

Most likely to make the best breakfast in your team: Waffle Man (DET)

Who doesn't love waffle? And who could possibly NOT like a man named Waffle Man? This dude will make some killer breakfast in the locker room, that is a sure thing. A good player? Possibly. But for sure a good breakfast maker, and probably one of the best you'll see in your life.

Most likely to get diabetes: Big Fudge (KEL)

This guy love fudge so much. He has one in his mouth every time, even on the bench. Rumor has it that he hides some in his pads for a quick snack between plays. Some like chewing tobacco in the game, but him, it's fudge. Always fudge. 

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

Task #1:
If I could select anyone who didn't make the finals to replace someone who did make the finals it would be Cassius Darrow of the Colorado Raptors to replace Nat Emerson of the Detroit Falcons.  Even though it may have looked to some like Emerson was having an average post season with 5 points when we dig a little deeper you may find that this was not the case.  The most glaring issue to me was Emerson's 22 PIMs which wouldn't be crazy if Emerson was a big fighter, but he had 0 majors in the entire playoffs.  He also contributed no goals and while he was above average in shots blocked Darrow led the league in this category.  Darrow was also the points leader for defensemen and 4th in the entire league in goals.  His +/- has probably seen better days but, he was eating up 24+ minutes a night good for 4th in the entire playoffs and everyone better than him made it to the finals.  I think if you add Darrow to the mix the Falcons skate home with the Four Star Cup.

Task#2:
As the SHL draft approaches I have actually done very little to distinguish myself from the other draftees. I have returned to training, but have not done much else. I have received at least two private messages from general managers and or scouts. I have not responded to any of them because I don’t really know what to tell them. I will play for whatever team drafts me barring an unforeseen disaster, but these general managers want to know what my activity level is going to be and how I’m going to build my goalie. To be honest I don’t even know, sometimes I feel like I want to be the most active player on the site and then sometimes I go 5 weeks without updating. The only thing I know for sure about myself is that I am consistently inconsistent and I have no idea where my TPE level will end up. So to sum up I haven’t really done anything to distinguish myself as a good prospect because I don’t want to let anyone down.

Task #4:
In round one the series between the Anaheim Outlaws and Halifax Raiders had a clear turning point to me. After a crushing double over time loss in game one to the Outlaws where they were outshot 8-0 in the final OT period the Halifax Raiders had a players only meeting. Their veteran leaders were very vocal about the loss and what they needed to do to turn their game around and win the next one to shift the momentum in the series. After the players only meeting the Raiders came out with a strong showing in a very good game in game 2 of the series. They managed to pull off a win through a third period Matt Kholin goal and never looked back. The Halifax Raiders would go on to win the next 3 contests as well and advance on to the second round. Even though they were eliminated in round 2 by the Detroit Falcons this was a pivotal point in the development of the team.

Need a sig :-/
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 12:38 AM by Im_A_Boonana.)

I would replace Bernard Freeman (of the St. Louis Scarecrows) with myself, Gaspard Boone (of Halifax Raiders). Bernard may have over 300 more TPE than I do but I think that with my energy I can be better than him. Being elite is in my blood. I don't have any other hockey players in the family, but elite blood has to start somewhere and I'm that starting point. I would have played all 16 games and probably had at least double the goals he had, just based on my determination alone. He has a -3 +/- and I can definitely tell you that mine wouldn't be in the negative. I have Elite Blood.

During the cup run, I will make myself known to GMs with my off ice presence. I'm sometimes a fun guy in the locker room and I like to show that. I have the dankest of memes and personalized jokes for all. I'm great for morale and keeping things light hearted. On the ice, however, I would bring my speed and ability to score. I am active in the league so far and have every intention to keep doing activities to earn TPE and money to get more TPE. During our cup run, I did manage to score a couple goals and get a few assists which I'm pretty proud of. Obviously I didn't carry the team but we all helped out at least a bit to be able to get as far as we did. I didn't play a huge role in the team overall but I produced for what I had with joining the league late and I'm committed to improving myself. 

[Image: MXxJaol.png]
Game 4, series 2. Halifax Raiders vs. Detroit Falcons. The odds were against the black and gold team yet something overcame them. They pulled together as a team in a miraculous moment and won. All of the stats, all of the numbers and critics said that this series had to be a clean sweep. Maybe the Falcons just had an off night, maybe they were fatigued; either way Halifax was victorious. This wasn't a fluke, though. Halifax was able to win two subsequent games taking them all the way to a game six where their luck finally ran out. It was an obvious loss in the series but the Raiders didn't go down without a fight. Halifax was bottom of the league at the start of the regular season but we improved by leaps and bounds by the time playoffs rolled around. Then once we breached the playoffs we weren't supposed to make it past series 1. Then we did and ran all the way, almost forcing a game 7.
[Image: Rh4OEHk.png]

I, Dylan karlsson, was a part of the Halifax raiders as we were sadly eliminated in Round 2 against the Detroit falcons. I think I really surprised a lot of people with my offensive power. I could've really helped detroit beat st. louis with my hard shot and they were only using 5 defensemen so I dont even know if they would have to replace anyone but if so, I think I am a stronger all round player than Jimmy Cahill. I could be great on the power play and have got the goals detroit needed to pull ahead but I''m solid in my own zone too. I think I would probably have about two goals and two assists in the series.

I just bought equipment so I think that training extra hard before the draft will make the GMs like me. I think defiantly my numbers will help since I put up a lot of points for a defenseman and I can be used in lots of different situations. I think the variety in my skills will be something the pro GMs will want. I can skate, score, and pass, what more can you want? and I'll talk to anyone who contacts me and leave a good impression, I want people to know that I can be good in the locker room and be a good teammate. The last thing I would do to distinguish myself would be maybe to write some media, I know a lot of people read it and it's something the GMs watch, and it would really help with my bank. money buys equipment and training here and you need that to be a success in the SHL. I don't think people realize the potential I have and hopefully I'll be able to show them just by working hard in the offseason

[Image: oie_c5a72n77wM5T.png?width=464&height=600]

well, I think it was when st. louis won game 4 of the four star cup finals to go up to 3-1 in the series against detroit. That's really tough for the Falcons to come back after facing elimination and they would have to win three games in a row, so after that there isn't really that much they can do. I think even though the falcons win in game 5, St. Louis only had to win 1, so they played well in game 6 and it was the end for detroit. I would say you can't let a team force elimination that soon because it's just tough on the team's spirit and it forces you to be perfect. I think the scarecrows knew that winning game 4 would make it almost guaranteed for them to win this year, so while they would like to have finished it the next game, they weren't really worried. Detroit had to make drastic changes to reverse fate and they didn't, so thanks to a great series start and a solid game 4 performance, it's the Crows who are the champions. I think their style of play just was better than Detroit's strategies and it showed through most of the games.
Task #5 - Come up with 3 yearbook style superlatives for 3 different players around the league (players don't have to be from your team).
Must include: Written - 100 words.

Most Likely to Succeed with Less TPE: Dylan Karlsson
I can put up great stats even with not as much TPE as the really elite guys, and I think I'm resourceful, smart with planning and optimize my performance. I don’t need 1000 TPE to be good at hockey, I can put what I do have into the most important stats and play to my strengths on the ice. I surprised everyone from pairing three with a lot of goals and assists, and that point total is only bound to grow now that I’m starting to focus on training and I’m not so busy. Watch out SHL, I’m coming for you. I’m going to take you by storm.

Most Likely to Be Online: Jimmy Slothface
This was tough to decide who to give to because other guys like perry morgan and matt kholin are on in our LR a lot, but I see sloth on the forums and the discord a lot, so he definitely earned this. He’s always talking, he’s everyone’s friends, and he always updates and does all the tasks. I’m glad to be his teammate, he’s just a guy who’s really active and you notice immediately when you’re in a chatroom or on a team with him. He’s got star power and charisma, so he’s just ultimately a great personality in the locker room and always around.

Most Likely to Get Drafted: Nikolai Evans
When asking who is going first overall at the big SHL draft that is coming up, everyone says this guy. His old player was really good, he knows a lot about the site, and he knows how to build a player clearly, so every GM wants him. He is a great prospect with a lot of smarts and skills, and he’s a great user, so there’s no way he’s not getting drafted. Not just getting drafted, probably going number one. I have a feeling this guy is going to be a star and a really important player for whatever team he goes to, and so do most people that talk about the draft.