Create Account

Site Graphics Suggestions

Logo needs a refresh. It makes the site look low quality.

Freshen up the badge and have an alternate text logo as well.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Definitely agree on needing a new logo. Current one is fine, but we could use an upgrade

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

02-20-2019, 03:10 PMKeygan Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy

Would it be possible to change button colours to winners as well as the borderlines?

Yeah I will get to this as well as the banner change for you (although it won't be to the 6mb gif, that's just too big for the first thing people load when they come here). Likely tomorrow.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

02-20-2019, 09:18 PMkarey Wrote: It's unfortunate that the people don't have a say in this.

We make this community what it is and as an owner Tez, I love that you are consistently making a priority to listen to the community.

The head office should represent and hear the voice of the people and facilitate community, not dictate which unfortunately has shown to be the case.

We had a contest where people suggested their versions.

I've seen many posts suggesting various things, sincere ways to improve the league
and seldom does Head Office take it seriously or showcase evidence of them reading it. The fact that two owners have contributed but head office is quiet shows a weird reversal of priority where head office should be facilitating community while the owners deal with the logistical things, whereas the vice versa is evident here.

Thanks for responding sincerely @teztify and @Leafs4ever

I care about this league and want to do what I can to make it a better experience. Graphics is the way I can help. It sucks when even my efforts go to deaf ears.

That is a rather unfair thing to say but I get it. Personally, I don't have time to read every thread on the site so if you want me to see it then please feel free to tag me in it or send me a PM. I think what happened last time was that none of the submissions were regarded as the right fit for the site at the time and it fell by the wayside. It is something I would be interested in looking at, especially with our golden anniversary coming up.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

02-21-2019, 03:21 AMDangles13 Wrote:
02-20-2019, 09:18 PMkarey Wrote: It's unfortunate that the people don't have a say in this.

We make this community what it is and as an owner Tez, I love that you are consistently making a priority to listen to the community.

The head office should represent and hear the voice of the people and facilitate community, not dictate which unfortunately has shown to be the case.

We had a contest where people suggested their versions.

I've seen many posts suggesting various things, sincere ways to improve the league
and seldom does Head Office take it seriously or showcase evidence of them reading it. The fact that two owners have contributed but head office is quiet shows a weird reversal of priority where head office should be facilitating community while the owners deal with the logistical things, whereas the vice versa is evident here.

Thanks for responding sincerely @teztify and @Leafs4ever

I care about this league and want to do what I can to make it a better experience. Graphics is the way I can help. It sucks when even my efforts go to deaf ears.

That is a rather unfair thing to say but I get it. Personally, I don't have time to read every thread on the site so if you want me to see it then please feel free to tag me in it or send me a PM. I think what happened last time was that none of the submissions were regarded as the right fit for the site at the time and it fell by the wayside. It is something I would be interested in looking at, especially with our golden anniversary coming up.

This is completely fair to say. No one is saying that you should read every thread on this site, but shouldn't the official suggestion section require consistent monitoring.

How about the fact that this is not the first time suggestions regarding logo changes have come about yet nothing is done about it. Ever. Even when it's a change that many people are asking for and multiple suggestions have been offered.

02-21-2019, 04:28 AMkarey Wrote: This is completely fair to say. No one is saying that you should read every thread on this site, but shouldn't the official suggestion section require consistent monitoring.

How about the fact that this is not the first time suggestions regarding logo changes have come about yet nothing is done about it. Ever. Even when it's a change that many people are asking for and multiple suggestions have been offered.

Well, I did manage to find my way here, did I not? Some people want the change but there are also those who do not want that change and we took action and held a logo contest to gauge interest. I was not a member of HO at the time but I do remember that there was not enough support for any one of the submissions as Samee was dubbed the winner but people all had their personal favourite, which likely lead to HO not making the change. I appreciate your frustrations with how things were done, or rather how they were not done, but I can't change the past. I mentioned that we are looking to open up another contest for the 50th season.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 04:59 PM by boubabi.)

The famous logo with gradients and bevels on it

02-27-2019, 04:58 PMboubabi Wrote: The famous logo with gradients and bevels on it

02-20-2019, 10:56 PM.bojo Wrote: Logo needs a refresh. It makes the site look low quality.

A new logo is at the top of our list for things we want to see done for/by S50, but we want to figure out why the last time we tried to get a new logo it didn’t go well and we weren’t satisfied with anything that we had so that we can provide more guidelines/suggestions than just “make a logo.” Otherwise you end up with people feeling like their efforts were wasted, which is what ended up happening in the last contest.

We get it, people want a new logo, but we want to make sure it’s done right rather than replacing it with someone people want replaced again. I know a some people have said “let’s just put a new logo in place until we can get a better one,” but I’d rather not be changing our site’s identity every 2-3 seasons.

So it’s not that we aren’t listening, we here you, we just don’t want to screw it up like last time.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

02-27-2019, 04:58 PMboubabi Wrote: The famous logo with gradients and bevels on it

Hi boubs how are you

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

02-27-2019, 06:00 PMEggy216 Wrote:
02-20-2019, 10:56 PM.bojo Wrote: Logo needs a refresh. It makes the site look low quality.

A new logo is at the top of our list for things we want to see done for/by S50, but we want to figure out why the last time we tried to get a new logo it didn’t go well and we weren’t satisfied with anything that we had so that we can provide more guidelines/suggestions than just “make a logo.” Otherwise you end up with people feeling like their efforts were wasted, which is what ended up happening in the last contest.

We get it, people want a new logo, but we want to make sure it’s done right rather than replacing it with someone people want replaced again. I know a some people have said “let’s just put a new logo in place until we can get a better one,” but I’d rather not be changing our site’s identity every 2-3 seasons.

So it’s not that we aren’t listening, we here you, we just don’t want to screw it up like last time.

Why you quote me now I seem like a dick. Tongue

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

02-27-2019, 06:34 PM.bojo Wrote:
02-27-2019, 06:00 PMEggy216 Wrote: A new logo is at the top of our list for things we want to see done for/by S50, but we want to figure out why the last time we tried to get a new logo it didn’t go well and we weren’t satisfied with anything that we had so that we can provide more guidelines/suggestions than just “make a logo.” Otherwise you end up with people feeling like their efforts were wasted, which is what ended up happening in the last contest.

Why you quote me now I seem like a dick. Tongue

Because you never call me anymore

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

02-27-2019, 06:41 PMEggy216 Wrote: Because you never call me anymore

He's a married man now, Eggy. Move on with your life.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-27-2019, 07:00 PMztevans Wrote:
02-27-2019, 06:41 PMEggy216 Wrote: Because you never call me anymore

He's a married man now, Eggy. Move on with your life.

I’M NOT READY TO LET GO

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 11:28 PM by boubabi.)

02-27-2019, 06:31 PMkit Wrote:

Hi boubs how are you
Still dead inside

@SHL What if instead of asking the community to do your logo, you hire a professional to do it lmao. Maybe you would have a better look at what it costs to make a logo.

Plus, it would put to perspective on how grateful you should be to the graphic designers that are committed to your site (see karey and wasty). The VHL without graphic designers lmao