Create Account

S46 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread

Hey there! 

I'm Tig, GM of the Detroit Falcons. After finishing first in the regular season for the second consecutive year and suffering a heartbreaking loss in the finals, we're looking to keep the momentum going and make our way back to the big dance. This upcoming draft is a great opportunity for us to add new players that will help us both achieve that short-term goal of winning a championship and play a huge part in us maintaining our success as a team over the next several seasons. 

As such, we're looking to get to know you a little better in advance of the draft. We've left a few questions below, and we're excited to read your responses. If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Co-GM, @grok.

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Best of luck in the draft, and welcome to the SMJHL!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience?

Yes, im in 5 sim leagues.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?

anytime

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?

Play games and work. Leafs are my team.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

When my player is ready. 2-3 season/

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?

I use discord.

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

Any team.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?

Im the best.

Share your best joke or meme

What do call an assistant to an assistant nut? a co-co-nut.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yes

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?

10 hours?

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?

I play Zelda or watch speedruns and read. I like the Red Wings

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

3 or 4?

Yes

Sure

Not really. I am okay with just about any team.

What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta

Yes, I've played this for too long

Enough

Nashville. I play hockey, so that's a daily thing, like to play strategy games.

2-3

Yes I use it

Yes, because of Gooney

No

[Image: me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drug...-oK7ET.jpg]

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

nope

0 milliseconds

how about no

No, no.

nope.

Don't draft me

Memes are for the unintellectual and no culture.

Discord are for plebs

I am in a GM league for STHS

6+ hours a week

Racing and flight Sims, favorite NHL team is the Bruins, I really enjoy tortilla chips

I'd probably opt to go to the SHL sooner rather than later but probably 3 years.

Yes

Falcons aren't my 1st option but I will play for any team and put my heart and soul into the locker room.

Nothing of specific interest

Guy walks into a bar...

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2023, 09:42 AM by JNH. Edited 2 times in total.)

No

Enough

yes

Yes

Maybe

No

u
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 02:47 PM by vbottas17.)

Yep, quite a few leagues I've been in but just the SHL for now.

Plenty. Always browsing on my phone.

Work, hanging out with my gf, ps4/xb1, guitar, beers, concerts, good stuff!

Probably 3 seasons

Yeah

Sure, open to playing wherever.

Of you have any questions just shoot me a message or hmu on discord, Shane#6638

Yuh momma

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 06:24 PM by sköldpaddor.)

not even a little

a lot because I have no life.

I work and I play Destiny and ESO and Zelda, I like sour cream and onion chips, and I am particularly into the Coyotes and the Leafs lately.

As long as people want me there (I'm really open to coaching)

I do!

I have some connections elsewhere but can we be friends?

I think it's important that everyone know about dogs.

the ottawa senators get into an uber...

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yup, this will be my 3rd skater. John Langabeer and John Langabeer II (creative I know)

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? Plenty, I finally got my desktop set up so a lot easier to dive in head first again.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Outside of work, PS4, Watching the Red Wings. Usually based around Hockey.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? Well my first skater only did 1 year but that was kind of the thing back in S9-S10, my last skater did 4 years, I liked where I was in the SMJHL and wanted to go up with as much TPE as possible.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Yup, have had it for a while.

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Of course, Detroit lol

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? Nothing I can think of be if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Share your best joke or meme Gambling addiction hotlines would do so much better if every fifth caller was a winner.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

No.

2-5 hours.

If I am not working or studying, I usually play sports games (MLB, NHL, NBA, OOTP etc.). I'm a fan of the New Jersey Devils. Watching is tough so since I am from Germany ... and the team is horrible.

Honestly, the Falcons seem to be a very successful team. I'd love to stay and win a Cup with them. 

I do have it but right now I am not using it a lot.

A lot. Seems to be a very good team and I like the logo and colours :D

You'll get a very reliable and active player if you draft me. And one who really wants to win.

[Image: gritty-twitter.png]

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 12:41 AM by Steelhead77.)

Ummm... Yes.

I spend too much time on here.

I spend time on the SHL and work irl. My favorite game of all-time is NHL94 for Sega Genesis, yes I'm old. New game, probably Skyrim. Best Chip is Original Doritos or some kind of kettle cooked bbq chip. NY Rangers fan.

Straight up I can guarantee you 2 seasons, possible 3rd depending on what Calgary needs at the time. After 2 seasons, Calgary comes first.

Yes on there everyday. Also of note is I am a former Falcons player and GM.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 12:31 PM by hockeyis66.)

yes

2-4 hours as needed

work, kids, simulation leagues -- fritos rock and been a pens fan my whole life including pre lemiuex days

spending all 5 here

yes I have it

yes I am happy to go to whatever team will draft me

looking forward to getting started!

[Image: Popular-Internet-Memes-01.jpg]

no
some
working
depends
yes
depends
not really
no

No
2 hours a day maybe? probably 8-10 hours a week
Not much. Netflix. Also Dota 2. And I love the Canucks
4-5
Yes
Hey I'll take anyone this is my first time.
Nah
Just all Pettersson memes. Grip it and Rip it. Also Speed, Agility, Power. I am a big fan of these things.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one