Create Account

A couple suggestions

02-14-2019, 10:17 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Honestly make media worth tpe and take away some tpe from elsewhere. That or revamp the pay scale.

Dear god no. PTs are already painful enough. Having to do media to stay on track with TPE is a horrible idea.

As for what people are saying about media pay and stuff. There's now more double media events than before, and normal media is being awarded more bonuses. This should hopefully reduce the issues people are bringing up.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

02-14-2019, 09:49 PMkit Wrote:
02-14-2019, 09:07 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: 2. Boost league pay. The only job I can see that are a fair payment is the updaters, as they are paid from a pool, and the amount of money they get is from updating more people efficently and with fine attention to detail. I'm not sure why we are paying them like 2-5 mil a season, when it takes them a combined multiple hours to get stuff done over a season. Like some pay is great for the amount of money they are getting(Awards Committee, HOF Ceremony host), but the jobs that are every week and takes time I think should be boosted a little bit. (I could be uniformed let me know)

anything to avoid the mind numbing media thats spewed out that 2/3 people read

This is more of a problem with media than with pay. I actually strongly disagree with this point of Luke’s (the others are great) as I think money inflation discourages media which is one of the most important aspects of the site imo. People like to see interesting media pieces, now most pieces nowadays aren’t that interesting but I think it would be cool if shl did something like a bonus if you wrote about a player that wasn’t your own,or wrote about the league or statistics or whatever. With a draft this size when I joined there would be 5 in depth mocks up by now, I haven’t really seen one because no one needs to do media. Idk the solution but I think increasing job pay will make it worse

wow kit is actually saying something smart.

Discord are for plebs

02-14-2019, 11:40 PMkit Wrote:
02-14-2019, 11:27 PMCampinKiller Wrote: As if it’s currently interesting to have to write an essay to earn 1 week’s worth of training

Have you read pts lmao, imagine if media was flooded with half assed pt quality posts. It would be torture to find the good media and probably discourage people from doing good media cuz people wouldn’t be viewing media

Shouldn't we increase media pay then? If I can pay for 2-3 weeks of training for one good 1000 word article I'm more likely to sit down and make a good article than if I have to spit out 1000 words every week to train.

I agree that media is a big driver of the league, but it's good quality media that draws interest. When someone sits down to make media because they've got to pay for this weeks training, I doubt it's something most of us want to read.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 11:57 PM by stud.)

02-14-2019, 11:53 PMTommySalami Wrote:
02-14-2019, 11:40 PMkit Wrote: Have you read pts lmao, imagine if media was flooded with half assed pt quality posts. It would be torture to find the good media and probably discourage people from doing good media cuz people wouldn’t be viewing media

Shouldn't we increase media pay then? If I can pay for 2-3 weeks of training for one good 1000 word article I'm more likely to sit down and make a good article than if I have to spit out 1000 words every week to train.

I agree that media is a big driver of the league, but it's good quality media that draws interest. When someone sits down to make media because they've got to pay for this weeks training, I doubt it's something most of us want to read.

wont fix anything. Nothing will fix. Media is a flawed system. Getting paid from quantity over quality is horrible. If we end up paying for quality then what's quality... the one vhl had?

EDIT: to put as an example, If we increase pay, what i would do is just make a lot of articles, regardless if it's shit or not.

Discord are for plebs

02-14-2019, 11:49 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote:
02-14-2019, 11:40 PMkit Wrote: Have you read pts lmao, imagine if media was flooded with half assed pt quality posts. It would be torture to find the good media and probably discourage people from doing good media cuz people wouldn’t be viewing media

to play devils advocate, 95% of media reads like long as fuck trash PT shit anyway
Which would make the 5% so much harder to find

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I already kinda outlined why I don’t like increasing media pay though I do see the potential benefits, I think there are better solutions. Just flat increasing media pay encourages more shitty media that no one cares about. Have bonuses for actually good articles and discussion points imo, have bonuses for article views or replies (as long as it’s not a trolly article). Point is there are better ways to drive productive and quality media

Affiliate of:

02-14-2019, 11:51 PMNobody Wrote:
02-14-2019, 10:17 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Honestly make media worth tpe and take away some tpe from elsewhere. That or revamp the pay scale.

Dear god no. PTs are already painful enough. Having to do media to stay on track with TPE is a horrible idea.

As for what people are saying about media pay and stuff. There's now more double media events than before, and normal media is being awarded more bonuses. This should hopefully reduce the issues people are bringing up.

hai nobody

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

As for Luke’s other points. I think they’re all home runs. History is huge in this league as it’s part of what drives people to make great players, to cement themselves in history. I think expanding on the hall and records would do great things for the health of the league and I think it would be a very fun job to have. He idea of having league stats posted on the home page is an incredible idea and something I’m frankly surprised we haven’t thought of before and don’t understand why it’s not being worked on already (maybe it is and if so good job). And I’m sure the last point is great but I’m on mobile and mobile site is aids so I can’t eead it

Affiliate of:

RT

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

02-15-2019, 12:01 AMkit Wrote: As for Luke’s other points. I think they’re all home runs. History is huge in this league as it’s part of what drives people to make great players, to cement themselves in history. I think expanding on the hall and records would do great things for the health of the league and I think it would be a very fun job to have. He idea of having league stats posted on the home page is an incredible idea and something I’m frankly surprised we haven’t thought of before and don’t understand why it’s not being worked on already (maybe it is and if so good job). And I’m sure the last point is great but I’m on mobile and mobile site is aids so I can’t eead it

Yes, most of the points I had were brought up by other people, but I feel that they should be more attention. History ArGar has been pushing for a long time. Live Scoreboards someone else posted(I forget who but I love you), and yeah, I think if there is more conversation then there will be more fleshed out ideas that maybe can help HO

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-14-2019, 11:58 PMkit Wrote: I already kinda outlined why I don’t like increasing media pay though I do see the potential benefits, I think there are better solutions. Just flat increasing media pay encourages more shitty media that no one cares about. Have bonuses for actually good articles and discussion points imo, have bonuses for article views or replies (as long as it’s not a trolly article). Point is there are better ways to drive productive and quality media

Sorry, I should be more clear. I'm saying 1000 word "good quality" article paying for multiple weeks of training (however you might judge good quality).

I understand the position of wanting to increase incentive to create "good media" I just don't think it's that simple. While media is important, you've got to admit when it comes to the actual function of the league there are much more important jobs (updaters, simmers, bankers, etc.). Without them the league literally cannot exist.

You can agree or disagree with this, but I believe there is only a certain amount of communal "effort" that can be put into the SHL. At the end of the day there is only a certain amount of time and effort people can and are willing to spend here. By increasing interest in media I think we decrease interest in doing other things on the site.

Updating/banking/simming/other essential jobs need to pay at a higher amount for the amount of effort put in than media because people would choose to do media instead if it was more worth their time.

When it comes down to it, good media is rarely made for the pay and I don't think changing the pay structure is going to create more good media, it's just going to change what people focus on to make money.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I’ve been saying for awhile that we should do the tiered system present in other leagues, where you get bonuses for reaching certain word benchmarks. Because I have neither the time nor the will to crank out an essay on a weekly basis to take care of training. It makes me write shit articles when I actually do write articles. Giving more incentive via more pay would absolutely cause people to put in quality submissions

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

02-14-2019, 08:48 PMluketd Wrote: 3. Visual of games on site: i.e. box scores, top 10 point leaders, etc I think should be displayed on site. I think it would make it so anyone thats new to the site, sees that a season is going on. Also on that, make it more of a bigger deal that playoffs is going on, if a PBP is going on, I think it should be advertised somewhere on the site for easy access.

4. Create a Player needs a revamp. there are a lot of empty threads, or just out of date links. If the mentors, or some group of people get hired to revamp it, make it better and friendlier to the newer peopple that would be awesome to see.

3 was kinda my suggestion. Love that the idea is getting traction.

I'm looking into the create a player section. The empty threads are an easy fix. And I agree the tutorial could use a bit of updating.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

02-14-2019, 11:58 PMkit Wrote: Have bonuses for actually good articles and discussion points imo, have bonuses for article views or replies (as long as it’s not a trolly article). Point is there are better ways to drive productive and quality media

This is the way to go, imo. I'm not sure about doing it based on views, but there's will definitely be ways to bring in bonuses. I am 100% guilty of doing shit post media for money just to be able to afford training. Fuck, I wrote an article about going to the land of gumba to find pingy for double media.

Luke, on all accounts, and kit both hit good points here. Hopefully there's some discussion about them.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

02-14-2019, 08:48 PMluketd Wrote: 3. Visual of games on site: i.e. box scores, top 10 point leaders, etc I think should be displayed on site. I think it would make it so anyone thats new to the site, sees that a season is going on. Also on that, make it more of a bigger deal that playoffs is going on, if a PBP is going on, I think it should be advertised somewhere on the site for easy access.

This is definitely easier said than done, but if someone wants to build some sort of ticker to show recent scores I could add it to the main page or header. Assuming HO is okay with it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]