Create Account

A True Bromance?
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2019, 05:26 PM by Fordyford.)

The S47 SMJHL Draft class is large, and as such the prospects showcase is becoming very interesting, mixing it up shortly before the draft on Tuesday. There is a full write up on defensive prospects after approximately half of the showcase here: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...id=2578326

But this author has heard of a budding 'Bromance' between two of the Vipers Dmen, Tony Ford and Wibbly McButternutz. Although all of the Vipers' defensemen seem to get along well (Tony Ford and Corey Kennedy form one of the best lines in the league), off the ice, it seems Ford and McButternutz have been sharing a great relationship. The players met for the first time at the tourney, with it being the first time Tony Ford has come west of the Atlantic, but immediately hit it off.

Tony Ford said of Wibbly "I just really like the guy. He's really down to earth, and he plays fun hockey. A great pal on and off the ice"

They were seen with a few other team mates eating a post game dinner at Tim Horton's. When we asked Ford for comment he said "It was one of the things I wanted to do when I came over, with it's hockey history, and also just for a good meal. We had a great time.

Wibbly McButternutz is playing an exciting, physical style of hockey. Current predictions have him going somewhere in the third round. Tony Ford hopes to be one of the highest drafted D-men, aiming for early second round. It's possible they could be drafted into the same SMJHL team. Tony Ford was asked about this and said "I don't want to predict the draft, because you never know. But it'd be great fun to play with [Wibbly] for a few more years. But I don't know what the GMs are thinking, so we'll see."

Wibbly commented "Although we've only known each other for a mere 24+ hours, it feels like a lifetime"

Maybe these two could form a dynamic pairing, with Ford's scoring and Wibbly's shutdown defense. But who knows what will happen on draft night (well I suppose the GMs have some idea).

A final thought from our interview with Ford: "Both [Wibbly] and Corey [Kennedy] are great to play with, and in the scenario where we end up on different teams, I like to think we'll stay friends. It's been great fun playing with both of them in the showcase"

X2 SMJHL Media Week

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Post game Timmy's will be tradition.

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]

holy fuck that sig is something else

02-17-2019, 02:12 PMJNH Wrote: holy fuck that sig is something else

I aim to please :D

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

hype

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany