Create Account

Prospect Profile - Corey Kennedy (Double Media)
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 02:14 AM by SDCore.)

With the S47 Prospect showcase coming to a close, let’s take a closer look at one of the highly touted D-men we’ve seen so far. 

Corey Kennedy, is an Irish born young Defensemen whose game is best when he is on the move. High end speed and skating ability keeps this young gun in the play at all times, though sometimes his defense positioning can sometimes leave his team vulnerable.
Being born on the Irish coast you wouldn’t think that a young kid would be drawn to the sport of hockey. Asking Corey about that he explains “When I was young, the Ranger legend Brian Leetch was vacationing in my small town of Kinsale, and I remember going up to him and his passion for the game inspired me. I had never met an athlete before, meeting Leetch at such a young age, I knew I was going to play hockey.”

After spending his formative years training in his tiny rink in his home town, Corey made the move to the big city of Dublin. This is where he learned from some of the Irish greats, like Jack Tanner and Connor O’Reilly. Asking whether or not he would one day want to play for his International squad of Ireland he states “Yeah, I think that is every kids dream to wear your countries colors. Putting on the green, orange and white would be an honor, but right now I’m focused on the SMJHL draft.”
Focus has never been questioned on this young D-Man. Being 5-12-17 after the first 16 games in the showcase he is focused towards the SMJHL draft. Asking him with 4 games remaining what he wants to show the GMs heading into the draft, he says “I want to be competitive, show my speed and skill. Hopefully I can be an asset to any SMJHL team”. So far that’s been shown with his PP scoring and learning from his teammates. “You know it feels great having a D partner with the skill of Tony, it helps me open up my game knowing he is there, plus a great locker room guy like, Wibbez. Having good teammates made the transition towards the draft easier.”

As we look forward to the SMJHL in a few days, there look to be some highly talented guys. We will see how the Prospect challenge ends and where everyone sits soon. Looking forward to seeing guys like Corey flourish.

x2 draft week bonus please

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]