Create Account

What's in the Head of Serpe? Vol. 2

The SMJHL is right around the corner and I am very nervous to see where I’m going to be drafted. I liked playing for the Whalers in the playoffs and it would be nice to be selected by them in the upcoming draft because I established a very good connection with the management and some of the players. I also wouldn’t mind being drafted by another team and developing some more connections around the league and in general meet new line mates. I just want to go to a team that will use me properly and give me all the benefits of being a top line defenseman. I’ve made it clear that I want to be drafted in the first round and I think talentwise I’m one of the top players, but my only worry is that I might be too offensive for some teams. I love to jump up in every rush and give my teammates another option and I love keeping the puck out of my own net just as much as I love to put a goal in the opponent’s net.

Next, I would like to talk about some of my expectations for my rookie season. First of all, I want to be playing top line minutes, including the first line powerplay because I view myself as the “quarterback” of the powerplay and I’m always looking to find an open teammate or take the open shot for a goal. I believe putting my in this position will help my future team succeed. Some statistical goals that I have in mind are to put up at least 10 goals and have around 45 points in total.  These are obtainable goals in my mind but the biggest goal I have this season is to win a championship. Projected to be a high draft pick I have a chip on my shoulder and in my eyes that will be to have a successful season and elevate my teammates game to that championship level.

333 words

double media bonus

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread