Create Account

Vipers send Stingrays Packing with Thrilling OT Win
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 03:55 PM by Wibbly McButternutz.)

Rookie Showcase - Playoffs - Vipers Edition

Feb. 18 2019
Chaz Anderson - SMJHL Beat Reporter

What. A. Game.  Vipers score 2 in the final 5 minutes to force OT; Knutsen Jr. with the nail in the coffin in OT.

The Good
     1. Espen Knutsen Jr., C - Captain Clutch.  Knutsen Jr. has a knack for heroics.  With just over a minute left, the Vipers were down a goal and it was looking more and more likely that the Stingrays were going to push for a game three.  Enter Knutsen Jr.  Buries the game tying goal and didn't wait long to end it in OT.   

2. Corey Kennedy, D - Kennedy was instrumental in the Vipers late third period comeback.  He finished the night with a team high 4 points and got the primary assists on each late 3rd period goals.

3. Entire D Core - Defense wins championships.  Tony Ford, Corey Kennedy, Jax Duggan & Wibbly McButternutz.  There is no better top 4 in the tournament.  A great mix of pure offense and staunch, in you face, shit-kicking shutdown styles make these guys a pain to play against.  Sounds like they are off to Timmy's.  Hopefully the deep fryer is free of any poop.

Honorable mentions: Filip Zadina, Ariz Babul & Spencer Maclean.  Thank God these guys showed up for game 1 as the Vipers top guns where fairly quiet.  These three combined for 10 points.  Not bad.

The Bad
     1. Prior to game 2, McButternutz was seen fraternizing with the Stingrays cheerleaders.  "Something seemed off about him today," said teammate Tony Ford.  When I asked Wibbly about it after the game, "yeah.. I think I got an STD.  Those girls are dirty."

Closing Statement

The other series between the Wranglers & Blazers is tied at 1-1.  The third and deciding game will happen later tonight.  Should be a good contest.

For any media inquiries, please hit me up on Twitter @ChazAnderson2 -- x2 bonus 400+ words

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]