Create Account

Minimum Base Salary for Active Draftees

02-19-2019, 11:44 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
02-19-2019, 10:24 PMNerio Wrote: To be honest it is weird to get less when you "make it" so to speak. There are definitely some RPG elements to this entire experience and that's one that falls super flat. Make juniors give less and cost less for gear/training, or make SHL give more and cost more for gear/training. Either way there's a way to keep the current economy while making it feel like a progressive experience if someone is willing to put a little brain power to it.
You went to Buffalo along with seven other guys, that's probably why you're being offered less than in junior.

I mean yeah, possibly. But the numbers are close, and when you transition from minors to the show, the numbers aren't even in the same ballpark. The pay difference someone in the AHL experiences when they get called up for a few games in the show is literally an order of magnitude. That's where a breakdown in the "fantasy" of the league happens. I'm sure a lot of people here don't give a shit about it, but the whole point of this is to simulate what actually happens, so those kinds of details matter.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

An interesting idea was mentioned here which would help SHL teams and make the SMJHL budget matter more: Let the SMJHL teams pay their send-downs from their own budget. Might make it so that the SMJHL needs to be managed well in all the other seasons except the reddit ones when the budget is too low :D

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

02-19-2019, 10:24 PMNerio Wrote: To be honest it is weird to get less when you "make it" so to speak. There are definitely some RPG elements to this entire experience and that's one that falls super flat. Make juniors give less and cost less for gear/training, or make SHL give more and cost more for gear/training. Either way there's a way to keep the current economy while making it feel like a progressive experience if someone is willing to put a little brain power to it.

I don't agree with the general criticism of the thread but this is a fair point for sure. Then again, the non-realism of salaries isn't restricted to the jump from juniors to the pros, it is a factor later in a player career as well, when people should make superstar money but most opt to go for the bare minimum because everything else would hurt their team tremendously. It would require quite a big overhaul to change this and I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Adjusting it so that things are generally "cheaper" in juniors but people also make less money there is a valid idea, but then we risk them (and especially the not so actives) hitting the wall once they get drafted and everything becomes more expensive.

salary is never going to be enough to cover the costs of being an impactful SHL player sadly. Pump out the odd article, make a few graphics, take on a job or two.
Ya get out what you put in Smile

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

02-20-2019, 05:32 AMTomen Wrote: An interesting idea was mentioned here which would help SHL teams and make the SMJHL budget matter more: Let the SMJHL teams pay their send-downs from their own budget. Might make it so that the SMJHL needs to be managed well in all the other seasons except the reddit ones when the budget is too low :D

What if send-down budget for SHL teams was fluid in the sense that the budget covers 3,000,000 per player sent down, and every dollar after that goes towards the SHL team’s budget.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

True. Let's make the SMJHL initial salary $500k so those $2-3m rookie contracts feel like a bigger jump.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

02-20-2019, 01:16 PMKeygan Wrote:
02-20-2019, 05:32 AMTomen Wrote: An interesting idea was mentioned here which would help SHL teams and make the SMJHL budget matter more: Let the SMJHL teams pay their send-downs from their own budget. Might make it so that the SMJHL needs to be managed well in all the other seasons except the reddit ones when the budget is too low :D

What if send-down budget for SHL teams was fluid in the sense that the budget covers 3,000,000 per player sent down, and every dollar after that goes towards the SHL team’s budget.
There'd be so little choice on whether or not you invest in winning, or building up prospects. A good team would be able to hold a huge player pool in the minors while using the extra cap to build a sick team for them to graduate to.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

If you want more money, ask for it. EZ

The $3,000,000 is brand new as of last season, prospects were making as little as 500K down in the SMJHL before. The idea behind the new flat rate is that this is a launching pad for new users and once they settle in they can make money through the various tasks we offer. Teams can also spend over the 8M send down budget if they want and typically teams with that many prospects are rebuilding and can afford to do that.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

02-21-2019, 03:10 AMDangles13 Wrote: If you want more money, ask for it. EZ

Don't sign something you aren't happy with. Do media for the lock out update.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

The $3,000,000 is brand new as of last season, prospects were making as little as 500K down in the SMJHL before.

Is it? I remember making $3M back in S40 and never in a career here had less than $3M contract.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

02-21-2019, 09:00 AMmajesiu Wrote:

The $3,000,000 is brand new as of last season, prospects were making as little as 500K down in the SMJHL before.

Is it? I remember making $3M back in S40 and never in a career here had less than $3M contract.

Yeahthat

I'm assuming what he means is that, as of last season when budgets were *waived,* not EVERYONE got 3 million. But virtually everyone got 3M, 500k prospects were few and far between. If you got a 500k contract, it usually meant you were in a Reddit draft and were either a vet with a big wallet or didn't respond to sign your rookie contract, so the teams signed you to a 500k inactive deal on account of it.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-21-2019, 09:27 AMztevans Wrote:
02-21-2019, 09:00 AMmajesiu Wrote: Is it? I remember making $3M back in S40 and never in a career here had less than $3M contract.

Yeahthat

I'm assuming what he means is that, as of last season when budgets were *waived,* not EVERYONE got 3 million.  But virtually everyone got 3M, 500k prospects were few and far between. If you got a 500k contract, it usually meant you were in a Reddit draft and were either a vet with a big wallet or didn't respond to sign your rookie contract, so the teams signed you to a 500k inactive deal on account of it.

Oh, wasn't even aware of that, but to put something actually valuable to the discussion why not get rid of SMJHL budgets altogether? Easier to manage and the problem of overcrowding during Reddit drafts disappear. The only issue is that after draft creates can choose their own teams, so there is potential to abuse and stacking your team with post-draft players so using instead of pseudo-free agency a waiver order to claim new creates would be needed.

As for SHL contracts, it's a bigger issue since every increase makes stacking roosters that much easier, so with an increase to the budgets, the similar increase to the minimums should follow. And the biggest reason why teams are hesitant to give out big contracts to young players is simply that they don't even get to play in the SHL even when max active often for three seasons and usually spend just one year of their rookie eligibility there as teams opt out to use cheap IAs to fill out the roster instead. What if we increased baseline contracts for $1M each and total cap by $10M?
Tier 6 (1300+ TPE) - $5,000,000 -> $6M
Tier 5 (1000+ TPE) - $4,000,000 -> $5M
Tier 4 (700+ TPE) - $3,000,000 -> $4M
Tier 3 (500+TPE) - $2,000,000 -> $3M
Tier 2 (300+ TPE) - $1,000,000 -> $2M
Tier 1 (<300 TPE) - $500,000 -> $1.5M
While it doesn't make big difference up top, doesn't make using low TPE fillers as proficient and even forces teams to have mostly usable and played in the SHL players instead of having them stashed down in the SMJHL. Another fix would be to dissolve sent down the budget and just upgrading salary cap instead by half or so of its value. All this should make it harder on teams to both have fillers playing in SHL and young players stashed in the SMJHL forcing them to just pay the younglings and bring them up earlier.

02-21-2019, 09:45 AMmajesiu Wrote: Oh, wasn't even aware of that, but to put something actually valuable to the discussion why not get rid of SMJHL budgets altogether? Easier to manage and the problem of overcrowding during Reddit drafts disappear. The only issue is that after draft creates can choose their own teams, so there is potential to abuse and stacking your team with post-draft players so using instead of pseudo-free agency a waiver order to claim new creates would be needed.

I won't speak to the second point because numbers are hard, but I failed to clarify that after the budgets were waived last season, they were removed *this* season, which is why now everyone in the SMJHL gets $3m. That's on me. So that has already happened.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-21-2019, 09:48 AMztevans Wrote:
02-21-2019, 09:45 AMmajesiu Wrote: Oh, wasn't even aware of that, but to put something actually valuable to the discussion why not get rid of SMJHL budgets altogether? Easier to manage and the problem of overcrowding during Reddit drafts disappear. The only issue is that after draft creates can choose their own teams, so there is potential to abuse and stacking your team with post-draft players so using instead of pseudo-free agency a waiver order to claim new creates would be needed.

I won't speak to the second point because numbers are hard, but I failed to clarify that after the budgets were waived last season, they were removed *this* season, which is why now everyone in the SMJHL gets $3m.  That's on me.  So that has already happened.

Haha, very good choice and I applaud that! Towel

If we're fighting for realism why don't we take taxes out of our earnings and people can fight to play for the two Florida teams.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points