Create Account

Trade Tree: How Tez's Edmonton Mini-Dynasty Was Born

02-21-2019, 09:53 PMJNH Wrote:
02-21-2019, 07:57 PMO4L Wrote: This is great work. I love articles about this period because I actually know most of the players.

I always forget that I traded myself to EDM for my last season.  Laughing

Lmao me too, figured it was my best shot at ever winning a cup tbh and for some reason Tez wanted me.

Would be nice if that worked both ways Cry

02-21-2019, 10:34 PMteztify Wrote:
02-21-2019, 09:53 PMJNH Wrote: Lmao me too, figured it was my best shot at ever winning a cup tbh and for some reason Tez wanted me.

Would be nice if that worked both ways Cry

rude to assume it doesn't

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2019, 12:41 AM by Beaver.)

@kit @teztify

[Image: LeiFPYM.png]

Whew.

Blue are current Edmonton players and picks. Red are players that retired or left in FA - dead ends, in other words.

Zach Cuff turned into Dickie Adua and Manhattan's S15 1st that became Riko Muerto.

Riko Muerto turned into Friedrich Muller and Nils Wahlstrom.

Nils Wahlstrom turned into Aviad Ratzon and West Kendall's S25 2nd. Ratzon was on the S28 championship roster.

West Kendall's S25 2nd turned into Toronto's S25 1st, which became Ivan Koroviev, and Minnesota's S25 2nd, which became Fredrik Zavstrom. This is an interesting trade because that WKP 2nd became Adam Falk and the other pick traded away by Edmonton, LA's S25 1st, became Cynthia Taylor. Two pretty good picks. Koroviev was on the S28 championship roster.

Fredrik Zavstrom was a part of the package that turned into Nikolaus Scholz. Scholz was on the S28 and S45 championship rosters.

Friedrich Muller's rights turned into Barney Stinson's rights. But not before he broke his curse. This trade came just before Season 23 and before it Muller was apparently known for losing in the Cup Finals - Hamilton, his former team, had lost in the finals in S20 and S21 then won in S24 and S26. However he took fate into his own hands by scoring the Championship-winning goal for the Blizzard in S28. Stinson then signed in Edmonton and eventually turned into Edmonton's S35 1st and 2nd, which became Daedric Heikennin. Edmonton's 1st had previously been traded away for Roddy Hawkins and the pick that became Spitfire. I have no idea how Seattle got a hold of Edmonton's S35 2nd.

Edmonton's S35 1st turned into Hamilton's S35 1st, which became Mike Izzy; Hamilton's S35 2nd, which became Carrick Murray; and New England's S35 1st, Shoyu Kikkoman.

Mike Izzy turned into Teddy Cuddles and Calgary's S37 1st. A trade that could have been worth its own tree if the S37 draft wasn't garbage. Calgary's 1st became Tommy Barlow and the Toronto 2nd that was also involved became Alexander McKinley. Cuddles was on the S45 championship roster.

Then Calgary's S37 1st turned into Ekaterina Rudnikova, Seattle's S38 2nd, and New England's S35 1st - which became Shoyu Kikkoman.

Ivan Koroviev turned into Minnesota's S38 2nd and S39 3rd, which became Yannick Berger.

Minnesota's S38 2nd and Seattle's S38 2nd turned into Buffalo's S37 1st, which became Toronto's S37 1st which became Tor Tuck. Tuck was on the S45 championship roster.

Ekaterina Rudnikova turned into Michael McFadden who turned into Tommy Tuck and Toronto's S44 1st - which became Bernard Freeman. Tuck was on the S45 championship roster.

Shoyu Kikkoman was part of a package that turned into Wyatt Wollker, Harry Hans, and William Goddard. Wild trade there with quite a few moving parts going both ways.

Harry Hans turned into Ace Redding and Manhattan's S43 3rd - which became Steven Moyer. Likewise.

Yannick Berger turned into Calgary's S43 2nd which turned into Isaac Cormier-Hale.

Steven Moyer turned into Geronimo Otto.

Ace Redding turned into DeMaricus Smyth and Manhattan's S47 2nd. Smyth was on the S45 championship roster.

Isaac Cormier-Hale turned into Ensio Kalju. Kalju was on the S45 championship roster.

So that's 5 players from the S28 team involved in this trade tree: Miles Berger, Aviad Ratzon, Friedrich Muller, Ivan Koroviev, and Nikolaus Scholz. As well as 6 players from the S45 team that just won: Scholz, Teddy Cuddles, Tor Tuck, Tommy Tuck, Demaricus Smyth, and Ensio Kalju.

Edmonton still has 6 assets remaining active from this tree that originated way back before Season 9 - the 4 non-Scholz, non-Smyth players that just won the championship plus Bernard Freeman and Manhattan's 2nd round pick two drafts from now. Nearly 40 seasons later the ripples are still shaping the league.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Willie Weber, my boy :(

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

dammmn, this is extensive. Fantastic read mr beaver.
really cool to see how the single trade bridged near 30 seasons and 3 championship rosters.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Wasn't that S9 draft the one where I made the last minute trade and took Lucas Smith Laughing @teztify

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

02-22-2019, 05:39 PMxDParK Wrote: Wasn't that S9 draft the one where I made the last minute trade and took Lucas Smith Laughing @teztify

Yes smh

wow nice write up

seriously well done

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Holy shit my head hurts. Great research tho

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

This was one of the best media pieces I’ve read on this site

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Beaver ur amazing

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]