Create Account

Tour of The Big Parm
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2019, 06:40 AM by Katth.)

506 words, double media

Right after signing my 2 year deal with the Calgary Dragons, GM Esa Anrikkanen gave me a tour of the brand new arena of the Calgary Dragons, The Big Parm. And boy was I impressed! I’ve never seen such a state of the art arena as The Big Parm. 

Right before we walked up towards the locker room I saw Mikke Izzy’s media office. I can’t believe this guy has his own office in the building for making his amazing videos. All state of the art equipment. Mike welcomed me and than politely told us to go away so he can finish his S47 video that will be shown during the home opener. As we approached the locker room some of the guys were walking out because they just finished practice. They also welcomed me to the team and showed me where my spot will be in the future when I’m going to be called up. Funny enough my name was already on the locker and they had a practice jersey with my name on it handing there. Such a nice touch by the organisation. 

[Image: cYMDtF2.png]

After visiting the locker rooms we walked towards the spa part of the dressing room. Which was amazing and something I’ve seen in a hockey arena. After a hard fought win there's room to enjoy a nice jacuzzi or steam sauna. I still can’t believe that I’m going to be playing here.

[Image: spa-anthelia-ppalweb2018.jpg]

Most of the boys were having lunch in the players lounge. I didn’t even need to guess what was on the menu. Chicken parm obviously. I got to taste my first famous Calgary Dragons chicken parm and it didn’t disappoint. I could have eten 4 or 5, but I need to stay in shape for my upcoming SMJHL season with Kelowna. It was good fun to meet most of my new teammates. After lunch we visited the recreational room where there’s plenty of stuff to do. Simply relax or play some video games. They even had an old Pacman arcade machine. How epic is that? I shot a game of pool with my fellow signee Brennan Kennedy Jr. Who is already called up to the big boys league. Unfortunately he beat me so had to treat him to a round of fingers.

Before I left the arena we went into the trophy room and was explained all the awards the team has won so far. So much history in this new arena and I’m so glad to be part of it. I hope I will have part in more history in the making. Outside of the arena at the fanstore a couple of fans were waiting for me to come out. They’ve been waiting there for a few hours already after someone spotted me and posted it on Twitter. I signed a few jerseys and one of the younger fans wanted me to sign her boobs. I’m not even sure she was of age yet… I hope I don’t get in trouble for that. These Calgary fans are crazy.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Excited to have you on board

Just remember, if Esa asks yoy to pull his finger, do NOT do so!

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Esa's Parm is the modern day: [Image: 61pUKw-u8hL._SX466_.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Speaking of the media room, Per my contract clause it’s time for the cleaning of the leather couch.png Blink

......... @Steelhead77

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

02-22-2019, 10:54 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Speaking of the media room, Per my contract clause it’s time for the cleaning of the leather couch.png Blink

......... @Steelhead77

You want to break in the rookies on a clean couch?

Ninja

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Smile) The Big Parm was created to impress! Glad you enjoyed the tour and of course your first Calgary Parm!

We're trying to get the Pacman people to make us a special game there the little white dots he eats are little sandwiches instead. Stay tuned...

Also we encourage all boob signings!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

02-22-2019, 10:46 AMTML99 Wrote: Esa's Parm is the modern day:  [Image: 61pUKw-u8hL._SX466_.jpg]

That's right! Towel

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

02-22-2019, 10:54 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Speaking of the media room, Per my contract clause it’s time for the cleaning of the leather couch.png Blink

......... @Steelhead77

There's not enough anti-bacterial wipes in the world to make that couch sanitary...