Create Account

A look into the Anaheim Outlaws Draft - Double Media

Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws Biased Draft Review Outlaws

The Anaheim Outlaws are a newly formed expansion franchise having just played in their inaugural season last season. In our first season the Outlaws finished 8th place setting us up for a first round playoff match up against the Halifax Raiders. The Outlaws jumped out to a 1-0 series lead, but unfortunately that would be it following 3 straight losses to Halifax. This earned us 2nd overall selection in the first round and 3rd selection in all subsequent rounds. Excited about having a 2nd overall pick the Outlaws knew we would be getting a dynamic player. Going into the draft we were looking to mainly looking to improve upon our Defensive core and to upgrade the Center ice position. We feel we were able to do that quickly in this draft with getting a very good player and a promising talent at each of those positions.

1st round – 2nd overall - Corey Kennedy  - Defense - @SDCore – Corey Kennedy was taken 2nd overall as a first-gen. This seems like a bit of a risk and a reach, as people have not stopped commenting about, but GM Dangles has faith in the kid. I’m biased, being that kid, but I think Corey has a chance to be special. Active on discord and the boards as well as taken to the format of how things work, I think intrigued the Outlaws about his future. We will have to wait and see though. Enough talking about myself, I’m sure you all are sick of it.

2nd round - 13th overall - Seemu Telanne – Right Wing - @hockeyis66 – Seemu Telanne, what a great name. Try and say it fast and not say Teemu Selanne, I dare yeah. A winger on a pretty stacked team at wing, but Seemu has the right gifts and knowledge to be special. Great scoring ability and very good skating will help the Outlaws, who have some elite passers. Look for Seemu to net some goals this year.

3rd round - 23rd overall - Martijn Westbroek – Center - @JNH – This pick is a steal. Another elite passer coming in the 3rd round of this year’s draft. Westbroek has the potential to be a game breaker. We are very high on his potential and how he will fit in nicely on the Outlaws. The Outlaws were excited to see him still on the board at 23.

4th round – 33rd overall - Gunnar Petrov – Left Wing - @Hanson94  – An undersized forward but has elite potential scoring. Russian born winger is looking to improve himself in the upcoming season. He should have some opportunity on a young Outlaws squad.

5th round – 43rd overall - Slap McShotty – Center - @bbjygm – Slap McShotty, comes from a long line of Shottys, which is interesting because that’s a very unusual name. Slap is looking to live up to his name and slap some pucks around. At 6’4” 220lbs he is a big bodied center. This should help the young kid adjust quickly and get some early minutes.

6th round – 53rd overall - Gustav Steen – Defense - @gussi – With their last pick in the entry draft the Outlaws chose another Offensive Defensemen in Steen. The Swedish born prospect is different in Kennedy, because he tends to be more of a pass first Defensive player, whereas Kennedy will look to shoot a bit more. Steen is a good size and has some strength to fight off checks and keep possession. Going to most likely start in the bottom pair, but could move up depending on his growth and how he plays.

Heading into the preseason the Outlaws looked geared to be markedly improved. With some good work in the playoffs and off-season they are looking forward to the next chapter early in their existence. Some strong returning SHL send downs, like Mathias Seger who had a strong WJC and Collin Gibbles will really push this team to what I believe a top half of the standings finish.

658 words x 2

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Irish Outlaws usually are fantastic players. Dunno why.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws OUTLAWS RIDE TOGETHER  Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Nice

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

We got everything, we were looking for in this draft. We're ready for this season to start. Outlaws

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I like this group a lot and we will start to do some damage around the league!