Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 1: Training Days

Second round pick Miikka Salo was ecstatic to get on the plane from Finland and head to the motor city. He was excited to finally be apart of the league and meet his new teammates but he wasn't expecting the "initiation process". It all started when Miikka first landed in Detroit, his cab came to pick him up but he was greeted by a skunk in the backseat of the cab. The driver revealed himself to be Lunga Gumba, a fellow teammate of Miikka who quickly drove off before Miikka could even get in the car. Forced to walk to the hotel he knew he was in for a rough week. When he arrived he was then introduced to both GMs who assured him he had nothing to worry about, the first day of camp however he was forced to play goalie with his regular equipment on thanks to Kalvins Zvejnieks. 25 shots from his teammates later and he was officially part of the team

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 03:30 PM by Leoben.)

Training camp? What are you talking about? I just declared eligibility a few days ago. I had a handful of teams reach out and I just spun a wheel and picked Halifax. So they buy my ticket and fly me in. I’m expecting practice but next thing I know I’m playing an actual game. I have no idea what’s going on. I know none of these guys but all of a sudden we are down 2-1 to Vancouver. I find myself with the puck near the end of the first period. Some guy named Perry Morgan tells me to pass the puck to him. He scores. All of a sudden I have an assist in my first game ever. I’m out of breath right now. It’s been a hell of a flight and a hell of a first game. I’ll take a nap and get back to you. Training camp? Who has time for that?

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Arriving in Kelowna for training camp, Vadim Malichov was happy to see a familiar face. His childhood best friend, Aleksandr Scherbak, greeted him at the airport with a sign reading “Димка” - “Dimka,” a particularly cutesy nickname that Aleksandr had used to tease his younger friend since they were small. Vadim returned the gesture by turning their hug into a noogie, and said in Russian, “It’s good to see you, Sasha.”

On the ride to Sasha’s apartment, the two discussed how great it would be to play together again, and how much Sasha liked being a Knight and living in Kelowna. However, there was a catch. Vadim would be living in one of Sasha’s spare rooms, but the team had also asked that Aleksandr put up another rookie- Gunnar Söderberg. Vadim had played against Gunnar in the recent rookie showcase, and had immediately liked the Swede when they’d met, despite all the goals Gunnar had scored on Vadim’s team. Sasha, however, had lost to Gunnar and Team Sweden in World Juniors not long before, and seemed to hold a grudge.

Vadim and Gunnar ended up on a line together, and it turned out they play well together. And in their second preseason game, Gunnar went down hard after a hit and Vadim found himself shaking off the gloves to defend his new teammate and roommate. After the fight and serving his time in the penalty box, Vadim sat between Sasha and Gunnar on the bench. He bumped his shoulder against each of them and then turned to Sasha and told him in Russian, “You should be nicer to him.”

[Image: 57762_s.gif]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]    [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

[Image: ZwmlVqh.png]

[Image: m5ZdqlS.png]