Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 1: Training Days

When he arrived in Vancouver for training camp, Joe Ackryod felt like he was on top of the world. He had finally made it to the league. Or, the junior league. But no matter, he had been drafted, got to play in Vancouver, and had a sweet contract. However, while this contract was nice, upon arriving at his condo, Ackryod realized he hasn't made it yet. 
With his 3 million dollar contract, Joe was looking forward to finding an awesome bachelor pad to be in. However, when he met with his real estate agent, he was informed the best 3 million could buy was a 1 room apartment, that had not kitchen, no windows, and a shared bathroom with 10 other people.
Flabergasted by how little he could buy with his new contract, Joe decided to rent a room in a families house. He now has a bedroom and bathroom, for 230 sq. feet total, in a town 3 hours outside of Vancouver.
It will all be worth it though, because he is on the road to being a superstar, and the family can say that they lived with a future hockey legend!

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 09:16 PM by awils13.)

I arrived in Vancouver late on Thursday, checked into the hotel and immediately fell asleep. Our assistant coach woke me up at 6 am the next morning and told me to get ready. I wanted to tell him to get lost but I realized being late for the training camp opening probably wasn’t a great first impression to make.

In the locker room, after introducing new players, our head coach tried to give a motivational speech. Something about winning, working hard, sticking together, blah blah. I think I dozed off after the first sentence.

I was excited to get on the ice, though. We started with a little skills competition between rookies. Puck handling and shooting didn’t give me much trouble but I struggled with making saucer passes into mini-nets. Someone in the stands kept yelling “you go Jaxy” which was very annoying. Who the hell is Jaxy, anyway?

All six of us had to uber back to the hotel because the rest of the team left without us. I don’t remember what we were talking about but I hope we didn’t say too much. All in all, it was an eventful first day.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

[Image: DxFiybr.png]

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Josh Driver has moved on from his impressive college hockey career and is now training for his first SMJHL season. Driver is coming into the league undrafted and in the middle of some drama. Initially, Driver signed with the Vancouver Whalers but was soon informed that the deal came too early and he would need to find a new team. In the end, he would be staying in his home state of Michigan where he most recently played for the Lake Superior State University Lakers. 

Driver arrived in Detroit for his first day of training camp with the Falcons and knew he'd need to work hard to keep up with the drafted rookies. His first day of camp ended with a penalty shot drill and he quite simply embarrassed himself. When his turn came, he collected the puck at center ice and sped towards the net with the whole team watching. Driver attempted his usual dangle move, lost the puck, and ended up tripping without even getting a shot off.

[Image: XPU9vzx.png]

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Halo.

I am finally arriving in Amerika and I am in training camp. Overall is very good but I have story to tell because is very weird and funny. First day training is very good. We practice very much defense here which is good but very interesting training, but maybe is Amerikanski way of play hockey. Day 2 is funny day and I am wanting to tell you more about this day. I arriving at arena 7 AM and eat small breakfast then go to locker room to begin prepare for training. I am sit next to big big defenseman Wibbly McButternutz. I not talking much to him because Angielski no good but he is very loud man and he talking to everyone. I am putting on skate and he say, "Hey you ruski, how do those new skates feel? I bet you commies don't have nice skates like these over in Russia." I am very confusing because I do not know he talking to me. I no am Russian but I thought maybe we have Russian player on team until he tapping me on shoulder and say, "Hey what the fuck man I'm joking I'm Wibbly McButternutz". I tell him "Is no funny joke, me no ruski. Me Polish and big difference." but he just laughing and leave locker room to go on ice. I am very angry because I no like being call fucking ruski but he is teammate so I go on ice. First half of training is good and we go to lunch and coming back to ice again. One hour in training we practicing passing and puck handling but me no used to small rink here in Amerika so I having some troubles. I miss three saucer passing in row and Coach blow whistle and say "PRZEMJERKIDNASD.... BRACZ... Ahh fuck it, PB!! WHAT THE FUCK MAKE A PASS ALREADY. GET YOUR ASS TO THE SIDE". McButternuts starts laughing and say "PB -- PUCK BITCH CANT MAKE A PASS". I know very angry with this fat hamburger man and begin to lose temper when training with coach on side. Coach call McButternutz and other defensman to practice defense on my passing. Every time I no make pass McButternutz laughing. I very mad with this buffalo now so I catch pass, look, and fire puck right into his neck while saying "Here coming your oreo, open wide". Is maybe 5 seconds later me and McButternutz fighting in center ice. We both get good hits in but I get really nice punch and he fall hard on ice. For some reason he yell "OOOGABOOGA OOOOUUUU" when he hit ice and after many player stopping us, McButternutz standing up and say "Hey Man I'm fucking sorry. I shouldn't have been such a dick. I don't know what I was thinking but I don't want to fight anymore and I promise we will make a great combo on the ice out there. Also PB totally stands for Pussy Blaster so congrats on the new nickname" I am so fucking confusing at this time but I no want more trouble in camp or on team so I say "ok " but I think he have huge concussion because its no making any sense. Coach tells us both to fuck off and go home for the day because too much trouble but we come back next days and finish camp no problem. Was very weird training camp but I feel my defense and passing have very much increase from this camp and I am very happy to start new season here in Detroit.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

The Anchorage rookies arrived to training camp via private jet on Sunday. The fresh faces of the rookies were a welcome sight to fans at the airport. As the likes of Spencer MacLean, Tony Ford, Eko van Otter and Taylor Lights emerged from the tunnel at Anchorage International they were all surprised to be greeted by a large scrum of fans. “The Anchorage, Alaska fans are known around the SMJHL as diehard” van Otter was quoted as saying; “but I never expected this!” “There’s got to be 100 f***in people here!” MacLean chimed in from beside van Otter; “Sh*t, excuse my French” MacLean laughed. “ You’re going to have to cut me a little slack” MacLean later added; “I’m used to sitting on rundown old busses in sask for 6/7 hours at a time so a private team jet is pretty mind-blowing. I don’t even care that I lost my life savings to Tony (Ford) at the poker table on the flight.”

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

Isaac Yamada is a pretty quiet guy for the most part, but the once exception so far this season has been his partnership with room mate Nicholas Fleming. The two have developed an instant chemistry and there was no shortage of laughs at training camp. Despite the age difference of the two players and they're drastically different on ice personalities, Yamada's quieter persona is the perfect balance for Fleming's energetic and confident shot calling ability. At training camp the two were a force to be reckoned with, pulling pranks on any and all who tried to get them. When you work as a pair, it's a lot easier to take out targets. That's not to say that Yamada got out perfectly fine, because after a clever trick by Fleming, Yamada got convinced into taking shots of tequila at a team party and woke up with marker covering his entire face. Try explaining that one to coach in the morning at practice.

[Image: B0iiDO.jpg]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

Luke Derion had a great time at the Detroit Falcons training camp. he was glad that he was picked by the Juniors team that happened to be in his hometown of Detroit. te first training camp day was a lot of exercises and drills, so it was pretty easy for him to do. The second day, he was split off from the rest of the group, and was able to get some one on one coaching time with the coaches. the third day he was put on a team and the falcons played three games through the day against each other. He did pretty well considering his short stature. Days four and five would consist of more games being played, and getting to know the other players that are on the team. Overall, Luke Derion had a great time at training camp, and had made a lot of new friends that he knew he would get along with.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 07:28 AM by Sami.)

*non-native english speaker

Sami Raanta's first day on the ice for the Vancouver Whalers is a day he won't forget. The excitement that a first day always brings aside, Sami Raanta had to do a very special task. 

It isn't known if that task is normal for new guys in Vancouver, but after the Training ended, the whole group went to a restaurant afterwards to have dinner together and get to learn each other better. Raanta, who still has difficulties with the englisch language, being in America only for about three weeks, had to declaim a poem. In front of his teammates and every other guest in the restaurant. Even though he had his problems with some words, he received a big round of applause afterwards.

"It wasn't embarassing or something like that, but it's definitely a different kind of nervousness than stepping on the ice for the first time. That is a thing I am comfortable in doing, declaiming a poem not so much. But it was fun."

His teammates had fun as well for sure. A day Sami Raanta won't forget.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2019, 10:55 AM by Wibbly McButternutz.)

On day three of training camp, weather conditions were bleak.  The snow had pretty much shut the city down and the coach reluctantly shut down practice for the day.  Known for going all out, Wibbly knew he couldn't let a day of training slip by.  A few thoughts ran through his mind.  Should he work out in his personal gym?  Should he bring himself self nearly to climax and stop just before to build his endurance?  No.. Wibbly could hear the neighbours cars struggle with the slippery conditions outside so he whipped his clothes off, tied on a cape and went outside.  His goal today was to save as many cars/people as possible.  He attached a customized harness type contraption to his penis and wondered into the blizzard.  There, he would attach the other end to cars and with his God-like strength and tree trunk legs, he would walk backwards pulling with all his strength.  He saved 11 cars from ditches that day, got a good workout and his dick is bigger.  Win all around.

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]

I remember sitting in the locker room, still trying to get a grasp on what was going on. I have been around junior teams before but always as a fan or a young kid admiring the players. It was different from this side of things, it was a mix of anxiousness and excitement. I looked around the room and finally found a familiar face in Charlie Serpe, who was drafted in the 2nd round, with the 15th overall pick. We hit it off at the draft and looks like that was going to continue through out the season. We decided being the two first guys off the draft board that we should take the other rookies out for Dinner that night after Camp. Of course we all threw done some beers and some other beverages, and all had a good laugh when Brutton ordered around of Blow job shots for the team. We ran up one hell of a tab and it finally came time to get home before Curfew, so we did what most teams do. Everyone threw their credit cards into a hat. We all had a good laugh when poor Yamada's card got pulled by the waitress.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Juulius Smonk arrived at the Colorado Raptors training facility first thing in the morning on the first day of Training Camp. Smonk was selected 7th Overall in the recent S46 SMJHL Entry Draft, and thus wanted to work towards making a good first impression and proving Colorado they made the right pick. Smonk, alongside his other fellow prospects, began with a simple fitness test. Checking height, weight, and timing running metrics, that kind of thing. As the day went on, it became clear that Smonk was undeniably the least fit of all the recently drafted prospects. Smonk, standing at a respectable six foot one at nearly two-hundred pounds, seemingly should have preformed very well on all the tests, especially with his background doing grueling workouts under the beautiful Antarctic sun, but unfortunately this didn't translate to success quickly in Colorado. Smonk, in a statement, claimed that Colorado was too "high up" and that the weather, in comparison to Antarctica, "is shit"

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

As if the day was not stressful enough, while arriving at the camp with a few other rookies, Gabster looked like a stud on the outside but was as tough as a leaf stuck in a goddamn wind storm.

Once arrived, he and the rookies were told that they have missed a team meeting in the morning and will probably be automatically cut down from camp because of that.

We they were freaking out, they had to meet with the coach and the team’s captain right after practice. Once in the office, the coach had a severe look and looked every rookie in the eye and finally said: “for being that naïve and stupid, you will pay for our road dinner the first 5 games.” Now get out of my office!” with a big smile on his face.

And it was from that day that the rookies pledged to triple check their schedule every day fo the season from now on.

Gunnar knows he’s going to have a roommate when he gets to Kelowna. He’s even totally open to the possibility that he’s going to have more than one roommate. He’s not expecting his roommates to be Aleksandr Scherbak and Vadim Malichov, though, and that throws him off a little at first. He’s been aware that he’ll end up being teammates with Scherbak, and he’s been making his peace with that ever since he was drafted (which came directly on the heels of a heated bronze medal game at world juniors). A few days ago he was staring Scherbak down in faceoffs - this week, they’re not just teammates but also roommates. And the two of them - Vadim and Aleksandr - are clearly already best buddies, which is a little unsettling since Gunnar is very new here and knows no one and feels very much like a third wheel in his new home. They have special nicknames for each other, and Gunnar doesn’t even know if he’s allowed to use them, so he mostly just calls them “hey you” if he says anything at all. But he is very much here to make friends, so he goes out of his way to be as nice as he possibly can and to do absolutely all of the dishes. Just because the two of them have been friends since dinosaurs walked the earth doesn’t mean he can’t find a place here too. And Vadim seems to be actually genuinely trying to be nice to him, so he’s optimistic. 

When they head out for the first day of training camp, Gunnar is determined to throw everything into hockey; he’s not going to worry about any of that roommate nonsense. He and Vadim do end up on a line together, though, which is fine, because it turns out they play pretty well together. And Vadim is, again, actually very nice and it’s obvious even in training camp that he’s got Gunnar’s back, so Gunnar feels pretty good about the whole situation. Sure, he’s all but certain that Aleksandr keeps glaring at him, but he’s on the ice and he’s working hard and that’s really all that matters. Aleksandr is probably just still upset about losing to Sweden, so Gunnar will just give him his space and focus on the hockey. They can work out the rest of the bullshit later. Probably. Hopefully.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .