Create Account

Vancouver Whalers Punishment

Welcome everyone to the first punishment thread in a while.

It has come to the attention of SMJHL HO that the Vancouver Whalers signed a player before the window to sign said player was open.

Code:
 D. Free Agent Rule
 1. GMs may not send offers to unapproved Free Agents. If HO discovers a team has signed a FA after contacting them before their approval, any contract the FA signed for that team is void. They may not sign for that club for the remainder of the season.
 2. A Free Agent may sign a SMJHL contract starting at 12 noon Eastern Time (USA) the day AFTER HO approves the player. This window gives all GMs a chance to review the player before offers open.

As a result the signing of Josh Driver will be voided. The Vancouver whalers will no longer be able to sign Josh Driver.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

That's a GG.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

well if anyone wanted to read my appeal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WGZd...sp=sharing

Thanks for letting me appeal :thumbsupemoji: and for discussing it and getting back to me at a reasonable time

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-22-2019, 11:11 PMluketd Wrote: well if anyone wanted to read my appeal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WGZd...sp=sharing

Thanks for letting me appeal :thumbsupemoji: and for discussing it and getting back to me at a reasonable time

And as a note for others. Check your timezone/DST settings

Player Page
Player Updates

yay

Wait so , if I’m understanding this correctly, and please, correct me if I’m wrong, the SMHJL intern is the only person who approves new players now? What do the other members of HO do? Sit around and look at unapproved player pages wishing their intern was around to do something about it ?

Even if VAN did break the rules by signing a player early it’s honestly laughable it took HO 31 hours to approve someone. That’s not a good look. And y’all wonder why it’s sometimes a struggle to keep new players active.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

#istandwithluke

And sit on his lap when I'm a good girl

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-22-2019, 11:25 PMSleepy Wrote: Wait so , if I’m understanding this correctly, and please, correct me if I’m wrong, the SMHJL intern is the only person who approves new players now? What do the other members of HO do? Sit around and look at unapproved player pages wishing their intern was around to do something about it ?

Even if VAN did break the rules by signing a player early it’s honestly laughable it took HO 31 hours to approve someone.  That’s not a good look. And y’all wonder why it’s sometimes a struggle to keep new players active.

Who were in the HO?

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

02-22-2019, 11:25 PMSleepy Wrote: Wait so , if I’m understanding this correctly, and please, correct me if I’m wrong, the SMHJL intern is the only person who approves new players now? What do the other members of HO do? Sit around and look at unapproved player pages wishing their intern was around to do something about it ?

Even if VAN did break the rules by signing a player early it’s honestly laughable it took HO 31 hours to approve someone.  That’s not a good look. And y’all wonder why it’s sometimes a struggle to keep new players active.

Pretty much this ^

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

02-22-2019, 11:13 PMNobody Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:11 PMluketd Wrote: well if anyone wanted to read my appeal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WGZd...sp=sharing

And as a note for others. Check your timezone/DST settings

Yeah, so now the Guy I wanted to sign, I would have been 100% legal to sign him if he was approved 30 minutes before he was actually signed.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

This is by the far bigger issue out of all of this. According to the rules and what Segi posted in the players thread Luke shouldn't have been able to sign him, but this is a much bigger indictment on HO than Vancouver.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2019, 11:51 PM by O4L.)

There used to be a job that's sole purpose was to approve members. If HO is having problems with getting everyone approved within 24 hours then just bring back that job.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

02-22-2019, 11:42 PMO4L Wrote: There used to be a job that's soul purpose was to approve members. If HO is having problems with getting everyone approved within 24 hours then just bring back that job.

That's called the intern. And because of our interns we have had hundreds of players approved in a timely manner over the past couple seasons. This happened to be a player that was delayed slightly because the intern was away for a day, I was hiring for 3 out of the 4 HO positions, and juggling the checking of GM tasks and hiring a new simmer two days before preseason is due to start

Player Page
Player Updates

yay
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:12 AM by O4L.)

02-22-2019, 11:46 PMNobody Wrote:
02-22-2019, 11:42 PMO4L Wrote: There used to be a job that's sole purpose was to approve members. If HO is having problems with getting everyone approved within 24 hours then just bring back that job.

That's called the intern. And because of our interns we have had hundreds of players approved in a timely manner over the past couple seasons. This happened to be a player that was delayed slightly because the intern was away for a day, I was hiring for 3 out of the 4 HO positions, and juggling the checking of GM tasks and hiring a new simmer two days before preseason is due to start

I'm sure the interns do a great job but having multiple people on during all times of the day with the ability to approve players works a lot smoother than having to rely on one person's schedule. I know this from experience with both systems.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

*team violates rules*

*people find a way to blame HO*

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:38 AM by spooked.)

Rules assume approval in reasonable time. If every approval took 31 hours the rule would probably be different cause thats a terrible turn around.

HO took time cause of being tied up, but why not just take the L and move on with class instead of forcing the FA to go somewhere else. This just makes the site look bad to new people two times in a row and doesnt accomplish much. Maybe make them wait another 24 hour period to sign or 12 even, but this is a bit silly imo even if rules exist.