Create Account

Head Office Summary

02-23-2019, 10:54 AMTomen Wrote: Why did you guys change the PbP payout in the first place while I was gone? I thought we had a good system way back which was 5 TPE baseline + a bonus if you did a goob job which was 1-3 TPE and/or money in the realm of 1-3m.  5 baseline + a possible bonus seems like a decent proposal if you wanna have more quality regarding PbP's. Like you already cut down regarding the TPE impact of it with only being able to do one.

PbP's will always be hit or miss just give people an incentive to make a good one/ put more effort into it and reward them for it fairly. Just giving them 3m flat seems way too low.

How is that different to the current system? It's a baseline of 5TPE with up to 3 TPE bonus for doing a good pbp in a timely fashion with the top 3(?) geting a money bonus.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

People who know pbp results shouldn't be allowed to post during the pbp. All I gotta say

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

02-23-2019, 10:05 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Regression fix? Plz

stop

One thing I noticed way back in my Kelowna days was so often only the winning GM shows up in the PbP so even if he doesn't comment just seeing one GM there 99/100 means his team wins.

The world junior PbP was great because both sides didn't know who won in advance. I love PbPs so much I can't see how removing them adds anything at all. Our biggest problem is not recruiting new people it's getting them to stay. Does removing PbPs make users more engaged or active?

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

02-23-2019, 12:21 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Just let me run the historian section and hire people as necessary. Plz

The job really doesn't need a lot of HO oversight.

Yeahthat

No idea why this is taking so long honestly, it's not really a complicated or controversial suggestion.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 12:56 PM by Sleepy.)

I guess my concern with removing tpe from pbps is the fact its reducing the amount of ready-made tpe from the league. What I mean by ready made, I mean its something you don't have to pay money for, you do it and are essentially rewarded the tpe. If the SHL wants to move to a more money league system where more tpe is purchased from earned money, thats fine, but you are placing an extreme bottleneck as the only purchasable tpe is training and equipment, both things that tend to be costly over a long career.

I guess what I'm saying is, instead of outright getting rid of that tpe, maybe move it around to something else or make another option for people to spend their SHL cash on. I am by no means advocating for a pay to win league and I know something like that can be tricky to avoid, I just would like to see more options in terms of where we can get our tpe from.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

02-23-2019, 11:24 AMNobody Wrote:
02-23-2019, 10:54 AMTomen Wrote: Why did you guys change the PbP payout in the first place while I was gone? I thought we had a good system way back which was 5 TPE baseline + a bonus if you did a goob job which was 1-3 TPE and/or money in the realm of 1-3m.  5 baseline + a possible bonus seems like a decent proposal if you wanna have more quality regarding PbP's. Like you already cut down regarding the TPE impact of it with only being able to do one.

PbP's will always be hit or miss just give people an incentive to make a good one/ put more effort into it and reward them for it fairly. Just giving them 3m flat seems way too low.

How is that different to the current system? It's a baseline of 5TPE with up to 3 TPE bonus for doing a good pbp in a timely fashion with the top 3(?) geting a money bonus.

Because right now everyone gets 8 TPE for a PbP. Or am I wrong about that? That with 5 baseline + up to 3 TPE bonus you only reward those who in your opinion did an outstanding job or only the top 3 PbP's of the season. Instead of 10+ people getting 8 TPE.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

02-23-2019, 01:05 PMTomen Wrote:
02-23-2019, 11:24 AMNobody Wrote: How is that different to the current system? It's a baseline of 5TPE with up to 3 TPE bonus for doing a good pbp in a timely fashion with the top 3(?) geting a money bonus.

Because right now everyone gets 8 TPE for a PbP. Or am I wrong about that? That with 5 baseline + up to 3 TPE bonus you only reward those who in your opinion did an outstanding job or only the top 3 PbP's of the season. Instead of 10+ people getting 8 TPE.

It's supposed to be baseline 5 with reward up to 3 but I think 99% of them have just been getting the full 8 TPE recently. I think a harsher grading scale on the PbPs would solve some of this too. Only reward the bare minimum TPE to those who put in the bare minimum effort and they will either start trying harder or those individuals will stop doing them.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

02-23-2019, 01:05 PMTomen Wrote:
02-23-2019, 11:24 AMNobody Wrote: How is that different to the current system? It's a baseline of 5TPE with up to 3 TPE bonus for doing a good pbp in a timely fashion with the top 3(?) geting a money bonus.

Right now its 5 tpe with up to 3 more for doing a good job.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

02-23-2019, 11:10 AMSlashACM Wrote: People who want to remove tpe from PBPs:

Who hurt you?

It's a lottery who gets to do them, so it isn't fair to have TPE as a reward.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

02-23-2019, 01:18 PMSwegButthole Wrote:
02-23-2019, 11:10 AMSlashACM Wrote: People who want to remove tpe from PBPs:

Who hurt you?

It's a lottery who gets to do them, so it isn't fair to have TPE as a reward.

life isnt fair

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 01:25 PM by Daco.)

02-23-2019, 03:02 AMSwegButthole Wrote: IMO The PBPs are not only bad because it sucks to wait an extra half a day or more to get the results, it's all a lottery who gets them, or like it was before that people who are available at 1 certain minute to claim a game. Having it as a paid position would probably be the best if we keep them. No TPE reward tho.

I like the idea of paid but make it $6mil seems fair, and offer it as a weekly thing instead of just for finals. It's nice being a team in a pbp and some people may never experience that if they don't make a finals. If you make it paid the arguments against it are gone and it's just another version of entertaining paid media for people to enjoy. Pbps used to be the lifeblood of the site and are great ways for teams to get excited and bond, at least make one per playoff round so even if you get knocked in the first everyone gets to experience it. Whoever made it tpe based in the first place is what screwed it up, no one complained when it was paid. If you find it boring just don't fucking watch, right. If people find it exciting then they benefit. No cons, literally all pros

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 01:41 PM by Daco.)

Edit

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 01:34 PM by Symmetrik.)

how can people legitimately think that removing pbps will up engagement

like do you people think people get together in real life to have a party around fucking sportscenter in the morning, no they have the party during the super bowl not for the fucking highlights

people are more engaged with the games & each other when there's still potential outcomes, stuff can still happen

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 01:42 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

02-23-2019, 01:21 PMDaco Wrote:
02-23-2019, 03:02 AMSwegButthole Wrote: IMO The PBPs are not only bad because it sucks to wait an extra half a day or more to get the results, it's all a lottery who gets them, or like it was before that people who are available at 1 certain minute to claim a game. Having it as a paid position would probably be the best if we keep them. No TPE reward tho.

I like the idea of paid but make it $6mil seems fair, and offer it as a weekly thing instead of just for finals. It's nice being a team in a pbp and some people may never experience that if they don't make a finals. If you make it paid the arguments against it are gone and it's just another version of entertaining paid media for people to enjoy. Pbps used to be the lifeblood of the site and are great ways for teams to get excited and bond, at least make one per playoff round so even if you get knocked in the first everyone gets to experience it. Whoever made it tpe based in the first place is what screwed it up, no one complained when it was paid. If you find it boring just don't fucking watch, right. If people find it exciting then they benefit. No cons, literally all pros

The things is.. we are probably recruiting the best play by play talent under the current incentives. Right now we get 8 tpe plus the top 5 play by plays (through a vote) get money as well...With that we do get some pretty good games in the mix. If we lower it from tpe to money then we may end up getting the ‘B’ talent for play by plays and that’s proven in the past to be unpalatable.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria